Batman versus John Preston...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Preston is busy killing room after room of sense offenders. He starts at the ground floor and is working his way up. He has his twin pistols and his katana.

Batman is fighting his way through them H2H, the Joker has escaped Arkham and Batman believes he is in the same building. Batman starts on the top floor and is fighting his way down.

They meet in the middle. Preston, thinking Batman is a sense offender, raises his pistols, and CLICK, they have ran dry, and he is out of ammo.

Batman goes lulz and attempts to apprehend Preston.

Preston draws his sword and attacks. Who wins? To the death for Preston, for Batman, seeing as how he doesn't kill, to the win.

Batman is TDK Batman, with the updated armor and all the gadgets. No sonic screech bullshit device.

Fight takes place in a large room, fully lit, in broad daylight.

Scenario one: As I described.

Scenario two: Batman has a katana.

Rogue Jedi
For the record, I didn't give Preston his guns because Batman would get raped. If anyone can think of a scenario where Preston has his guns, and Batman has a chance, feel free to comment.

Maybe.....Batman is a suspected sense offender. Preston enters a building at night to kill him. The building is mostly dark with some semilit areas.

Maybe?

Sadako of Girth
Batman doesnt kill.....

...."on purpose". shifty

And also: Morals gimp.
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2006/03/gimpL230306_175x125.jpg

Santako's seasonal prediction: This thread goes down quicker than a pope on Xmas eve.

Rogue Jedi
So its OK to say Potter wont use death spells because of his character, but not that Batman wont kill because of his?

Hypocrite alert.

Sadako of Girth
No I would say that in an ungimped fight each side should be able to do what the f*** they can (within their on screen feats capacity of course).

Big fat waste of time otherwise, really.

Rogue Jedi
Fine then, to the death, doesn't matter to me. Why didnt you question Impediment when he said Harry Potter cannot use the death spell?

Sadako of Girth
Because its not my job to...?

Rogue Jedi
But you felt free to question my doing so. Interesting.

Riot-Gear
I don't think it matters much if Batman kills or not. Preston thrashes him either way.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
But you felt free to question my doing so. Interesting.

I respect his modding.
I respect his posting, generally.
Hes not prone to crazily inane threads and equally insane debate tactics.

You are a poster. Quote me the rules where I was out of line questioning a post you made...?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I respect his modding.
I respect his posting, generally.
Hes not prone to crazily inane threads and equally insane debate tactics.

You are a poster. Quote me the rules where I was out of line questioning a post you made...? Ah, I see. I just assumed you were an equal opportunity troll.

So, the death match, comments?

Sadako of Girth
You ****ed up twicefold then.

Labelling me a troll.

Then assuming that I cant act differently towards cool posters, than to dickish ones. smile

Rogue Jedi
Fine man, whatever. The matchup, how about it?

Sadako of Girth
Probably Preston under those conditions.

Rogue Jedi
Even the sword battle? He's got speed on Batman, I wonder how Bat's armor will hold up to a sword.

H2H, Bat....Bats him 10/10.

The gun scenario, well, I think it would be a true test of Batmans stealth. I'm gonna say Preston 7/10.

Sadako of Girth
If Batman takes an end on strike with the tip of the sword to the face, hes screwed.

Those weak spots on his armour too.

Rogue Jedi
Right, the plates are seperated, right?

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.

Rogue Jedi
I suppose Preston should have extended knowledge of Batman, and vice versa? Or would it be better to have them be strangers?

Sadako of Girth
You have favoured knowledge/preparation in every case so far, why revise that on this one...?

Rogue Jedi
Well, then the advantage just shifted to Preston. Especially if he knows Batmans stealth tendencies. Still, H2H, I cant see Preston beating Batman.

BruceSkywalker
this thread is nothing but pure spite... Everyone knows Batman doesn't kill, let alone was shown to kill... Also someone please tell me at what point in TDK did Batman use a sword????

Rogue Jedi
Good thinking, lets go with the original OP, Batman merely needs to apprehend Preston.

Batman used a sword in Batman Begins, I figured it was OK to use it here.

dadudemon
First of all, making Batman ONLY have to fight until he incapacitates Preston is NOT gimping Batman. That's how Batman fights all the time, anyway. Having to go the extra steps of killing Preston when all of Batman's weapons are intended to be used for non-lethal purposes, would be gimping Batman. We can't and shouldn't force Batman to have to kill people when his entire character is setup to NOT kill people.

So, RJ, you had it right the first time. Don't gimp Batman by making him have to try and kill his opponents.

Onto the thread:

Preston R@@@@@@PES batman with the guns (how DARE you take away his best weapon. You GIMPED preston! mad ). As far as H2H, I don't remember Preston EVER going hand to hand (cept for when he stole that sword, at the end...but that was a quick steal-the-sword move and from there it was r@pe with the sword.) So, I would say Preston gets taken out in a H2H mathc 10 out of 10 times. Sword fight? Hmmm...That's where it gets hard to say. I would put Batman's strength higher than preston's. Batman pulled up Liem Neeson from off the side of a cliff, with one arm. Neeson 6'4" and probably around 220-230 lbs. (15-16 stones. Or about 100 KG.) Here's an image of someone I know can curl that much weight on BOTH arms:

http://theswole.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ronniecoleman4ky7.jpg

And here is that big boy actually curling it (that's 225):

http://strongestman.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ronnie-coleman-workout.jpg

Preston DOES have som impressive strength feats (his agility feats require quite a bit of explosive strength), but none as impressive as Batman's from Batman Begins.

How does that play into sword play? If they are just as fast as each other, I'd say the stronger one wins.

However, I think Preston is the faster and more precise sword fighter. I see their sword fight lasting 2-5 seconds with Preston as the winner 10 out of 10 times...only because Preston has taken out a room full of top level Clerics, with just his sword. Each Cleric capable of taking out a room full of automatic toting sense offenders.

Batman can do the same, except he has gadgets and isn't on the ground just "tanking" through the shots by dodging them, though. So, that's why I give it to Preston on the sword fight.

I'm willing to reconsider if someone presents some good logic.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, ROIDS.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon

Preston R@@@@@@PES batman with the guns (how DARE you take away his best weapon. You GIMPED preston! mad ). As far as H2H, I don't remember Preston EVER going hand to hand (cept for when he stole that sword, at the end...but that was a quick steal-the-sword move and from there it was r@pe with the sword.) I gave him his guns, dude, 10/10 for Preston with guns.

Hmm......I agree. Preston displayed sword speed that trumps Batmans sword speed. 9/10 Preston with swords, and you gotta remember when Preston was surrounded by four or five clerics and pwned them all with his pistols butts. And they were heavily armored. I'd say Batman 6/10 h2h. I totally forgot that scene, that's why I changed my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.