Hogwarts magic versus The Force....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
OK, let's vote on this, I see different people saying different things. All Hogwarts wizard powers versus all Jedi/Sith powers from the HP and SW movies, which of the two is the strongest? Hogwarts magic is way more diversified, no contest, but which is stronger?

Nemesis X
The Force obviously. You can levitate things, choke people, do a mind trick on your foes without chanting some long ass sentence to make something happen while waving a wand. In a fight, you definitely want to go with the Force. Take this for example, if a guy fired a bullet at you, you can just raise your hand and the bullet would stop in mid air but if you go with Hogwarts magic while chanting something, that bullet is gonna go right in your cranium before you can say a third word in your chant.

Rogue Jedi
Um, Jedi cannot foce block/push blaster bolts, so they certainly block bullets. Bullets travel faster.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Um, Jedi cannot foce block/push blaster bolts, so they certainly block bullets. Bullets travel faster.

I could've sworn that one time I saw someone using the force to stop blaster bolts. Whatever, you know where I'm going with this anyway.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I could've sworn that one time I saw someone using the force to stop blaster bolts. Whatever, you know where I'm going with this anyway.

epic pwnage

Scythe
The Force, and Star Wars for that matter is epically better than the Harry Potter shitfest, in my opinion.

Rogue Jedi
I could've sworn that one time I saw someone using the force to stop blaster bolts. Whatever, you know where I'm going with this anyway. Nah, Vader used the armor on his hand in ESB to block blaster bolts, but no one ever actually stopped blaster bolts in mid flight with the force.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
epic pwnage Hey Brucey, with Hogwarts magic, a wizard can do the following:

Fly
Teleport
Split their soul into seven pieces
Travel back in time

Can a force used do that? Thought not. And thats just the tip of the iceberg. Everything a Jedi can do, a wizard can duplicate.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Scythe
The Force, and Star Wars for that matter is epically better than the Harry Potter shitfest, in my opinion. Yeah, Episodes 1 and 2 were the bomb yo.

Scythe
Yeah, Episodes 1 and 2 were the bomb yo.

Not for me, Ep. IV, V and III were the best imo.

Rogue Jedi
Not for me, Ep. IV, V and III were the best imo. Sarcasm, dude, 1 and 2 were shit. 4 and 5 were the best IMO.

Scythe
Sarcasm, dude, 1 and 2 were shit. 4 and 5 were the best IMO.

'specially 5, it's the one I watch every two months. Love it.

Rogue Jedi
'specially 5, it's the one I watch every two months. Love it. Yup, best of the saga. I love how Han is always running from the star destroyers, and the Falcon is always breaking down. The Hoth battle was awesome, and the Vader/Luke duel was epic.

Sadako of Girth
Nah, Vader used the armor on his hand in ESB to block blaster bolts, but no one ever actually stopped blaster bolts in mid flight with the force.

Hey Brucey, with Hogwarts magic, a wizard can do the following:

Fly
Teleport
Travel back in time

Can a force used do that? Thought not. And thats just the tip of the iceberg. Everything a Jedi can do, a wizard can duplicate.

Of course Vader used the force to deflect that bolt.. If all armour was like that, the rebels wouldnt have been able to kill all them stormies....again, pretty rudimentary stuff, RJ.

Fly..? Thats what speeders, speeder bikes, fighters, starships etc etc are for. And jetpacks are in the SW universe too. But on the force side: Massive force jumps. And yes Mace flew RIIIIGHT out that window in ROTS, propelled by the force. The force gave mass damage soak and ability top survive falling massive distances too.

Teleport: With Jedi speed, hyperspace etc thats all well covered.

The death Star superlaser would split any wizard's "soul" into more than seven pieces. smile
The death star was built by a man who got himself into a position to do so by using and manipulating the force.

With Force sight. All past present and any future are all accessable to the force user.
Precog for the win.
Way more useful than time travel (Where you can't change things within a single time line anyways) in fighting an enemy.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Of course Vader used the force to deflect that bolt.. If all armour was like that, the rebels wouldnt have been able to kill all them stormies....again, pretty rudimentary stuff, RJ.

Fly..? Thats what speeders, speeder bikes, fighters, starships etc etc are for. And jetpacks are in the SW universe too. But on the force side: Massive force jumps. And yes Mace flew RIIIIGHT out that window in ROTS, propelled by the force. The force gave mass damage soak and ability top survive falling massive distances too.

The death Star superlaser would split any wizard's "soul" into more than seven pieces. smile
The death star was built by a man who got himself into a position to do so by using and manipulating the force.

With Force sight. All past present and any future are all accessable to the force user.
Precog for the win.
Way more useful than time travel (Where you can't change things within a single time line anyways) in fighting an enemy.

The bolt caused sparks to fly off his hand, dude. I just watched the scene in slomo, you can literally see the bolts striking his hand and causing sparks to fly. It like, showed it onscreen, and stuff. Remember when Luke's lightsaber bounced off of Vaders armor? It's obvious that Vaders armor is reinforced in certain places, the shoulder and palm for sure.

Hmm, so the wizards can fly on their own accord, but the Jedi must rely on machinery....Wizard win.

Jedi speed? Hyperspace? laughing Anywhere, instantly, that's what a wizard can do. If a wizard wants to teleport from Texas to China, they are there instantly. ....Wizard win.

The Death star is a machine, nothing more, it has nothing to do with the force.

Again, "Difficult to see the future is, always changing." Yoda and the others cannot predict the future, only have brief glimpses of a possible future.

Precog can be pwned with a Confundus charm yes

You cannot change EVENTS that have already happened, man. If Dumbledore wants to go back and change a certain act he did on a particular day, like the outcome of a duel,he can, but the results can be catastrophic, this is why they say you cannot change events that already happened. Going back and leaving a little reminder for someone? Like Dobby leaving a note for Snape to make the Felicis potion, Perfectly fine.

Sadako of Girth
Dumbledore couldnt. It would be a paradox. Next.

Thats an unsubstantiated claim thuis far, the pwning power of the charm you speak of. I sense much fear in you.
If you want charm, then it is outcharmed by Lando "Smooth motherfu*ka" Calrissian, Im afraid.

Sure the deathstar was a machine, but a testament to Palpatines using the force and forsight enough to create an Empire and wipe out the Jedi when the force and the galaxy with it swung to the darksiiiiiiiiiiiide.

Yoda was right about virtually everything throughout the entire saga, and then you pick up on something elderly, sick Yoda said and now you try to rape him with it.
Yeesssss. Try to rape his pooper, you do.... Shame on you.

So there were sparks... And...?

Nephthys
I'm going to go with the one that can cause Supernova's and ravage entire planets (The Force).

Its funny, but I swear its actually been done by Jacen Solo. Against an opponent 2-feet away. Repeatedly. The opponent then stating he thought the stories of Vader and other jedi doing that same thing were myths. With Jacen creating a protective bubble to block Gunship cannon fire the book before that one.

Huh.

Force Flight.

Nephthys
Hmmm, Having only just read the OP, I'm still going with The Force. When it comes down to it, a thug with a machine gun could easily take out Dumbledore. Jedi are consistently good. Plus any high-level Jedi can beat any high-level Wizard by yanking their wand away. One-on-one, Jedi win.

Rogue Jedi

Thats an unsubstantiated claim thuis far, the pwning power of the charm you speak of. I sense much fear in you.
If you want charm, then it is outcharmed by Lando "Smooth motherfu*ka" Calrissian, Im afraid.

Sure the deathstar was a machine, but a testament to Palpatines using the force and forsight enough to create an Empire and wipe out the Jedi when the force and the galaxy with it swung to the darksiiiiiiiiiiiide.

Yoda was right about virtually everything throughout the entire saga, and then you pick up on something elderly, sick Yoda said and now you try to rape him with it.

Dumbledore couldnt what? Fly? Dudem dont be stupid.

Nah, if it is shown, said or implied onscreen, it is law. MVF golden rule, babe.

So Sidious was slicker than snail snot, so what? Doesn;t take away the fact that Dumbledore can do far more than he can, as can Voldemort.

So there were sparks from the bolt hitting his armor. Plus the fact that we can literally see the bolt hitting his hand. 2-0, me.

Yoda was right all the time, eh? He never made a wrong decision? Is that your final answer?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm going to go with the one that can cause Supernova's and ravage entire planets (The Force).

Its funny, but I swear its actually been done by Jacen Solo. Against an opponent 2-feet away. Repeatedly. The opponent then stating he thought the stories of Vader and other jedi doing that same thing were myths. With Jacen creating a protective bubble to block Gunship cannon fire the book before that one.

Huh.

Force Flight.

That's EU, dude.

Rogue Jedi
Hmmm, Having only just read the OP, I'm still going with The Force. When it comes down to it, a thug with a machine gun could easily take out Dumbledore. Jedi are consistently good. Plus any high-level Jedi can beat any high-level Wizard by yanking their wand away. One-on-one, Jedi win.

Accio pwns force pulling a wand. A wizard can Accio an item from anywhere, they only need to know it's general location. Harry Accio'd his broom from at least a few football fields away.

Wizards can teleport. Wizards can fly. Wizards can split their soul into seven pieces. Time travel, dude.

Nephthys
....... And have a wand. Remember? Which is kinda the point.

EU terms? Jedi can and have done all of those things (one-upping the soul-split but not technically matching it)

Movie terms. Jedi can predict and deal with teleport. Jedi can shoot, lightsaber throw, Force-pwn wizards on brooms. Jedi can pwn all Voldemorts souls. Time-travel isn't actually useful (thats why Voldemort never travelled back and killed Dumbles or anything).

Rogue Jedi
....... And have a wand. Remember? Which is kinda the point.

EU terms? Jedi can and have done all of those things (one-upping the soul-split but not technically matching it)

Movie terms. Jedi can predict and deal with teleport. Jedi can shoot, lightsaber throw, Force-pwn wizards on brooms. Jedi can pwn all Voldemorts souls. Time-travel isn't actually useful (thats why Voldemort never travelled back and killed Dumbles or anything).

Accio does not require a wand, nor do a shitload of spells.

This is not a fight thread, this is a thread about which power is more powerful. The Jedi cannot teleport, cannot fly, cannot split their soul into seven pieces, cannot time travel, the force does not allow this.

Nephthys
On-screen proof?

What is power? Since this is the versus forum I assumed you were speaking of personal, combat-orientated power. But if you aren't then clarify. Magic may be more versatile, but the Force ups it in a fight.

And not only can Jedi do those things (in EU), but they don't need to do those things most of the time. And they can counter them. Really I don't see why your bringing them up.

Rogue Jedi
On-screen proof?

What is power? Since this is the versus forum I assumed you were speaking of personal, combat-orientated power. But if you aren't then clarify. Magic may be more versatile, but the Force ups it in a fight.

And not only can Jedi do those things (in EU), but they don't need to do those things most of the time. And they can counter them. Really I don't see why your bringing them up.

In the graveyard battle in GOF he accios the triwizards cup.

Let me ask you this. You are to take over the world. Who would you rather have at your side? Sidious or Voldemort?

Sadako of Girth
Dumbledore couldnt what? Fly? Dudem dont be stupid.

Nah, if it is shown, said or implied onscreen, it is law. MVF golden rule, babe.

So Sidious was slicker than snail snot, so what? Doesn;t take away the fact that Dumbledore can do far more than he can, as can Voldemort.

So there were sparks from the bolt hitting his armor. Plus the fact that we can literally see the bolt hitting his hand. 2-0, me.

Yoda was right all the time, eh? He never made a wrong decision? Is that your final answer?

Nope. I didnt say that. Read again. Give yourself more time to digest the words.

Not if theyre taken out by a suborbital strike force/shot to death/forced to death by Sidious or the others etc etc etc , they cant.

Yes...... 2 more failures on your record.

Nope. And it like your 1st atrociously missed point, is not what I said at all. Its not even ANY answer Ive given. Let alone my final one....Jesus.
Read it again, slowly and just think about what I said. Its simple.

BruceSkywalker

Precog for the win.

excellent words

Rogue Jedi
Nope. I didnt say that. Read again. Give yourself more time to digest the words.

Not if theyre taken out by a suborbital strike force/shot to death/forced to death by Sidious or the others etc etc etc , they cant.

Yes...... 2 more failures on your record.

Nope. And it like your 1st atrociously missed point, is not what I said at all. Its not even ANY answer Ive given. Let alone my final one....Jesus.
Read it again, slowly and just think about what I said. Its simple.

Questions for you:

Can Jedi teleport?
Can Jedi fly hundreds of feet in the air at speeds of close to 200 mph?
Can Jedi time travel?
Can Jedi split their soul into seven pieces?

No more bullshit, just answer each question in turn.

Nemesis X
In ROTS, didn't Palpatine mention about a Sith that was powerful enough to use the Force to create life?

Rogue Jedi
In ROTS, didn't Palpatine mention about a Sith that was powerful enough to use the Force to create life? To prevent death, and he was just jacking with Anakins mind, turning him slowly.

Nephthys
Does he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPBkcMNnwX4

Watch at the end. He used a wand. Weep.

Sidious. Voldemort is a moron and Sid's mind-powers etc are much more useful. And he could better protect me.

Nephthys
Yes.
Yes, but I don't know how fast
Yes.
No, but they can survive death, come back, possess people infinately etc.

Remember when Shmi Skywalker said that Anakin had no father? There was a reason. Plagious created him with the Force.

Rogue Jedi
Does he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPBkcMNnwX4

Watch at the end. He used a wand. Weep.

Sidious. Voldemort is a moron and Sid's mind-powers etc are much more useful. And he could better protect me.

You got me there, I coulda sworn he used no wand. Still, there are a shitload of spells that do not require a wand, I simply named the wrong one.

Voldemort is an moron? Explain that, this oughta be good. Sidious wouldnt protect you, you know better.

Nemesis X
Sidious wouldnt protect you, you know better.

That's true. Instead, the guy will just hire Boba Fett and we all know he's a more better bodyguard.

Rogue Jedi
That's true. Instead, the guy will just hire Boba Fett and we all know he's a more better bodyguard. Indeed, Fett is loyal to the credits only.

Nephthys
I can think of one possible one: Fiendfyre. And even then he had a wand in his hand so we don't know if he can do it without it.

I was assuming he would for the scenario, it being which master of their specific powers is the best. And Voldemort had plenty of chances to kill the boy specifically prophecised to kill him. That he didn't is just him being a moron. The worst Sidious does is trust that an emotionally-crushed complete monster of a man who strangled his own wife and killed little children wouldn't object to him torturing his son. Even then he comes back to life.

Rogue Jedi
I can think of one possible one: Fiendfyre. And even then he had a wand in his hand so we don't know if he can do it without it.

I was assuming he would for the scenario, it being which master of their specific powers is the best. And Voldemort had plenty of chances to kill the boy specifically prophecised to kill him. That he didn't is just him being a moron. The worst Sidious does is trust that an emotionally-crushed complete monster of a man who strangled his own wife and killed little children wouldn't object to him torturing his son. Even then he comes back to life.

Confundus. Engorgio. Arresto Momentum. Oppugno.

Voldy had alot of pride, he let that get in his way, no doubt there. But no more than Palpy had.

Rogue Jedi
Yes.
Yes, but I don't know how fast
Yes.
No, but they can survive death, come back, possess people infinately etc.

No, they cant teleport, when did they teleport? In what movie?

No, they cannot fly on their own power, what movie did they do this in?

No, the Jedi cannot time travel, what movie did they do this in?

No, no Hedi or Sith ever did that, in what movie?

I could easily say that the force created Anakin.

And if what you say is true, it was done once by one character.

Nephthys
You never said it had to be in the movies. I was just replying that they can actually do it. And the Jedi survive death as Force ghosts.

And the Force isn't sentient (in the movies), so it can't willingly create something.

It proves that the Force can do something Magic cannot.

Rogue Jedi
This is the MVF, it's implied.

K, so the force created life. Magic can prevent death. Stalemate?

Nemesis X
And the Force isn't sentient (in the movies), so it can't willingly create something.

the Force can do something Magic cannot.

But Palpatine said Plagieus used the Force to create life and if he said that in the movie, doesn't it mean that it happened in the movie universe?

Look less lame?

Nephthys
Except the Force can also prevent death (those Ghosts can't really be called dead and can possess people).

jaden101
Nah, Vader used the armor on his hand in ESB to block blaster bolts, but no one ever actually stopped blaster bolts in mid flight with the force.

Hey Brucey, with Hogwarts magic, a wizard can do the following:

Fly
Teleport
Travel back in time

Can a wizard project their powers across the entire galaxy?

Thought not.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jaden101
Can a wizard project their powers across the entire galaxy?

Thought not. Who knows? Problem there is the wizards are Earthbound.

dadudemon
This thread is full of stupidity.

Obviously, magic is much more poweful than the force. There's tons of more shit you can do with it than the force.

Of course, a one on one duel would end up with just about any Wizard dead against a low-level Padawan. That doesn't change the fact that magic from the HP-verse has many more applications and uses, with almost the same set of powers as the force. Even precog- is present in the HP-Verse....thought it is MUCH more rare and happens randomly.

Sadako of Girth
This is the MVF, it's implied.

K, so the force created life, and can stop death by aiding those in pursuit of defending life (The Jedi). Magic can prevent death only in HP movies: Checkmate in which Im pwned?

Yes.

Heres the lowdown on Magic practioners and how well they get on at not being shot.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet_catch

Rogue Jedi
Yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet_catch Wow. Neat.

dadudemon
Yes.

Heres the lowdown on Magic practioners and how well they get on at not being shot.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet_catch

laughing

WTF?

Rogue Jedi
It's all he has now.

Sadako of Girth
Nope. Its not. smile

Rogue Jedi
Really now? Teleporting, flying, preventing death, yeah, all bullshit, right?

Sadako of Girth
No need to teleport. The SW universe has a massive tech/transport advantage over Potter's crew. smile

Flying..>? See answer A

Preventing death. Yep. Look atwhat Yoda did at the end of AOTC.
Watching it will reveal to you for the 1st time, that Yoda forgoes the fight with Dooku to force-stop the pillar crushing Anakin and Obiwan.

I think youre almost due your Early evening wand suppository. smile

Robtard
I think youre almost due your Early evening wand suppository. smile

Should really change his name to RogueWizard or Mr. Potter, Dumbles, Voldy etc.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm, and can this tech track teleporting wizards? Nope.

The wizards fly on their own power, babe yes They dont rely on ships.

haermm I actually chuckled, big difference in saving two Jedi from death and preventing ones self from dying.

Sadako of Girth
Actually, I'd wager "yes, they probably can" as they can scan lifeforms from orbit, and on the planet is where they would be. smile

So why the broomsticks...? Fetishistic reasons..? Keeping up with the Stereotypical Jones..?

Jedi defend themselves all the time.
Tonnes of times over each Jedi has saved himself from dying. smile
Some live on as force ghosts even and live forever a part of the motherf*ckin' force, holmes. wink

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Robtard
Should really change his name to RogueWizard or Mr. Potter, Dumbles, Voldy etc.

Definitely.

Or "Rim Jobber of wizards" stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh Wager away, you dont have shit to back it up with.

Watch the movies, dude, please watch the movies. The death eaters fly on their own power, as do the OOTP.

Force Ghost? Like they would be useful in a scrape. Get real.

Sadako of Girth
Who knows? Problem there is the wizards are Earthbound.

And that Death Stars destroy planets.

(Although according to Anakin/Vader: "the power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force"wink

Rogue Jedi
And that Death Stars destroy planets.

(Although according to Anakin/Vader: "the power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force"wink Mhm, too bad thats OT tech.

Sadako of Girth
crylaugh Wager away, you dont have shit to back it up with.

Watch the movies, dude, please watch the movies. The death eaters fly on their own power, as do the OOTP.

Force Ghost? Like they would be useful in a scrape. Get real.

Course I dont...Just been smashing your every theory into a state of damage so bad that it now resembles Paris Hiltons arse.

As would anyother ghost....listen to what youre saying.

Sadako of Girth
Mhm, too bad thats OT tech.

And PT tech..... It was technology designed and built in the prequels.

GeonosiPWNed.

Rogue Jedi
I am listening to what I'm saying. Wizard powers can do far more than Jedi powers, fact, that makes wizard powers more powerful, end fact.

Rogue Jedi
BTW, lookie here, at 1:41

AEYxb9FjeJI

Oh snap, is that a force push Dumbledore used? Did Dumbledore use his right hand to spell Voldemort, and his left to reach around behind him and force push Harry to safety? Two spells at once?

Yeah, when are we ever shown a Jedi doing two force attacks at once?

Sadako of Girth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGg-b6K9YBU

Palpstasticness FTW

Robtard
BTW, lookie here, at 1:41

Oh snap, is that a force push Dumbledore used? Did Dumbledore use his right hand to spell Voldemort, and his left to reach around behind him and force push Harry to safety? Two spells at once?

Yeah, when are we ever shown a Jedi doing two force attacks at once?

Something was definitely pushed and there likely was a reach-around, as Dumbledore doesn't seem to be the inconsiderate kind.

Robtard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGg-b6K9YBU

Palpstasticness FTW

LoL, poor Suzy and his desperate need for a win.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Something was definitely pushed and there likely was a reach-around, as Dumbledore doesn't seem to be the inconsiderate kind.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/pwned.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Let's talk about force push for a minute. Let's say this is a solid object that a Jedi is force pushing, 15 feet by 12 feet:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/force3.jpg

Now, when a Jedi force pushes it, how much of the surface does the force grab? Like this (the blue section):

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/force.jpg

Or like this? (again, the blue section)

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/force2.jpg

Rogue Jedi
One more thing. A Jedi is facing a wall of flame, just regular fire. It is thirty feet high and 50 feet wide, and it is bearing down on him. He does a force push. Nothing in the movies indicate that the entire wall of flame would stop. Nothing was ever shown that implied that a Jedi can adjust the radius of his force push from, let's say one foot to 20 feet. All this talk about how a Jedi can stop an entire wall of fiendfyre is rubbish without proof that a Jedi can decide how wide his force attack will be.

Now, the scene where Yoda grabs the pillar to save Obi Wan and Anakin in AOTC is not a good example. Yoda could have been focusing his force power on the center of the solid object, therefore holding the entire pillar in the air.

dadudemon
One more thing. A Jedi is facing a wall of flame, just regular fire. It is thirty feet high and 50 feet wide, and it is bearing down on him. He does a force push. Nothing in the movies indicate that the entire wall of flame would stop. Nothing was ever shown that implied that a Jedi can adjust the radius of his force push from, let's say one foot to 20 feet. All this talk about how a Jedi can stop an entire wall of fiendfyre is rubbish without proof that a Jedi can decide how wide his force attack will be.

Now, the scene where Yoda grabs the pillar to save Obi Wan and Anakin in AOTC is not a good example. Yoda could have been focusing his force power on the center of the solid object, therefore holding the entire pillar in the air.

Aaaaaaaaannnnndddd then there's the part where Yoda creates a massive wall of force suspension...catching all of the debris in a plane parallel to the floor.

Nice try, but your point completely fails.

Edit - However, that doesn't change the fact that magic is more powerful than the force.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Aaaaaaaaannnnndddd then there's the part where Yoda creates a massive wall of force suspension...catching all of the debris in a plane parallel to the floor.

Nice try, but your point completely fails.

Edit - However, that doesn't change the fact that magic is more powerful than the force.

Ooooooooooooor he could have been grabbing multiple objects at once!!! Pwned!!!

You cant prove it no

Besides, if he did it with force suspension, he didnt do it with force push.

We are talking about force push here, and you know it.

Rogue Jedi
DDM is gonna post this vid and talk shit about Yoda being able to adjust the radius of his force attacks, let me administer the pain first:

U5HfSx8BgEE

Yoda stops three rocks from hitting him, the radius of the force block was maybe three feet.

When he saves Obi Wan, he is lifting one object.

No proof that he adjusted the radius of his force hold. And certainly no evidence that he can block fiendfyre.

Samurai100
about blocking blaster bolts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhZAseLFcio&feature=PlayList&p=2432504B919D8781&index=8

dadudemon
DDM is gonna post this vid and talk shit about Yoda being able to adjust the radius of his force attacks, let me administer the pain first:

U5HfSx8BgEE

Yoda stops three rocks from hitting him, the radius of the force block was maybe three feet.

When he saves Obi Wan, he is lifting one object.

No proof that he adjusted the radius of his force hold. And certainly no evidence that he can block fiendfyre.

If only that was that was the point being argued. You missed the point entirely.

And, yes, that vid clearly shows Yoda adjust the size of his TK. I'll let you figure out why I said that. Once you figure it out, post why you think it is, and I'll tell you if you're correct.

And, no, that's not the vid I posted. wink

Rogue Jedi
If only that was that was the point being argued. You missed the point entirely.

And, yes, that vid clearly shows Yoda adjust the size of his TK. I'll let you figure out why I said that. Once you figure it out, post why you think it is, and I'll tell you if you're correct.

And, no, that's not the vid I posted. wink Same fight scene haermm

There IS no point where he adjusted the size of his TK.

But lets say for a second there was. He didnt adjust enough to block fiendfyre no

After all, we cant take a feat of his and multiply it, can we? wink

Try again, this is too easy.

dadudemon
Ooooooooooooor he could have been grabbing multiple objects at once!!! Pwned!!!

The multiple objects he's not supposed to be able to grabe...remember? You said it was one at at time, when it clearly is NOT.

PWNED!

Besides, if he did it with force suspension, he didnt do it with force push.

We are talking about force push here, and you know it.

What a Star Wars newb, you are. He not only suspened multiple objects in a plane that ran parallel to the floor, he force pushed those multiple objects away afterwards.

You later posted in this very same thread, pwning yourself in the process.

And, all of these are extensions of the same exact ability: TK.

So what did we learn?

1. You don't know very much about the Star Wars films as you obviously didn't pay attention to them.
2. Pwned by not only it showing multiple objects, but also because Yoda clearly adjust the size of the TK field he is applying.
3. You clearly pwned yourself by posting a vid the contradicted everything you've been arguing against about this whole subject.

I don't think you have much credability left in either of the threads. You've not only lost credability with your Harry Potter knowledge, you've clearly shown you don't remember much from the Star Wars films.

dadudemon
Same fight scene haermm

There IS no point where he adjusted the size of his TK.

He certainly did. Watch it again, take notes, and get back to me. I'm not going to tell you, this time. You have to figure it out, then admit you were wrong.

But lets say for a second there was. He didnt adjust enough to block fiendfyre no

After all, we cant take a feat of his and multiply it, can we? wink

Try again, this is too easy.

He sure did. Watch the video again and get back to me.

Also, to further destroy what you think are any level of good points, fire weighs close to nothing. It certainly would be quite easy to control. Futhermore,, teehee, fiendfyre is QUITE slow. I don't need to get into why that's even a relevant point, do I?

How does it feel to have my e-cock deep into your e-butt, with no lube?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Samurai100
about blocking blaster bolts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhZAseLFcio&feature=PlayList&p=2432504B919D8781&index=8

1. Obi Wan is wearing armor. It can just as easily, if not more so, be argued that Obi Wan's armor deflected the bolts.

2. That's considered non-canon to the movies and, therefore, not admissible to the thread.

BruceSkywalker
He certainly did. Watch it again, take notes, and get back to me. I'm not going to tell you, this time. You have to figure it out, then admit you were wrong.

Also, to further destroy what you think are any level of good points, fire weighs close to nothing. It certainly would be quite easy to control. Futhermore,, teehee, fiendfyre is QUITE slow. I don't need to get into why that's even a relevant point, do I?

well said

Rogue Jedi
The multiple objects he's not supposed to be able to grabe...remember? You said it was one at at time, when it clearly is NOT.

PWNED! I said that about VADER, man.

Also, you said he grabbed the multiple objects while saving Obi Wan, He didnt.

And? When is it implied that he adjusted the radius of the force? It wasnt. He didnt. And again, no way near enough to force push a wall of fiendfyre.

Keep it coming!!!

They might be, but the fact of the matter is that Yoda never, not ever, never, displayed TK in such a manner to stop fiendfyre.

Never.

That means, you know.......not ever.

So what did we learn?

Princess Leia has nice bewbz.

Horseshit. he raised his hands, grunted, and held the rocks in place. Stop reading more into it than there was.

I most certainly did not, your entire argument here is crap.

Aw, buthurt?

I ask one last time.....when has any Jedi been shown TKing a wide enough area to force push a wall of fiendfyre surrounding him?

Never. Thats my whole point, and you keep dodging it. Also theres no proof that Yoda adjusted anything, more second guessing and speculation. 'Hey, it looks like he did this." No proof, just what you WANT to see.

So, we are right back where we started, with no movie footage that proves a Jedi cannot block a wall of fiendfyre.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
well said

And countered in perfect fashion in the post following.

Well said....epic pwnage crylaugh

Rogue Jedi

Hey, when did Yoda or any other Jedi display a wide enough TK attack to block a wall of fiendfyre? You gonna answer that?

I know you wont, because the answer proves he cant.

big grin

Nite nite.

Nephthys
Instance one: Yoda lifted several tonnes of X-wing in ESB. Either he is ridiculously powerful to support all that weight in a small hold AND balance it correctly or he spread the pressure (whtevr) to make the job easier.

Instance two: Yoda spins a senate pod While supporting its entire weight. To do this would require he spreads his hold enough to spin the thing.

Instance three: While not directly spreading the burst Vader crushes multiple objects through the application of a Force Scream. A concentrated effort could easily cover the necessary area to stop something a pitiful as a flame.

Good morning.

Sadako of Girth
Susie Peepants....Youre still dodging my question.

Therefore despite all your insistances you're just a wizard fingering, truth denying, reality avoiding, Star Wars gimping, Harry licking, trollidiot. smile

Gooooooooooooooooood DAYYYYYY to you, sirrrrrrrr. smile

Mandrag Ganon
The force is an all-powerful all-encompassing energy that, when wielded properly can be more destructive than the Death Star. Harry Potter Magis is magic, it is greatly powerful but does not have near the destructive capabilities seen in the force.

The Force obviously. You can levitate things, choke people, do a mind trick on your foes without chanting some long ass sentence to make something happen while waving a wand. In a fight, you definitely want to go with the Force. Take this for example, if a guy fired a bullet at you, you can just raise your hand and the bullet would stop in mid air but if you go with Hogwarts magic while chanting something, that bullet is gonna go right in your cranium before you can say a third word in your chant.

That's not entirely true, most of these "long ass sentences" as you call them are 1-2 words. And the spells can be done without saying anything, it just takes more training.

jaden101
Who knows? Problem there is the wizards are Earthbound.

Well...We do...Have they projected powers beyond the confines of the earth or further in the HP films?....If not then they can't because it's not an on screen feat.

See...Easy.

jaden101
Mhm, and can this tech track teleporting wizards? Nope.

I guess that would depend on how the teleportation works. I'd say that if it means exiting space/time then probably not. If it means staying within the same space/time then in all likelyhood yes.

jaden101

In the battle of Dantooine, Mace Windu forced pushed a full 360 degrees around him. Pushing back hundreds of super battle droids. He also, while landing from a force jump, manages to do a force push poweful enough to blast about 50 super battledroids away and causing a crater in the ground....The he slides along the ground and simeltaneously force crushes the heads of 8 droids. He uses force TK to protect himself from the shock wave from a seismic tank that blows away battle droids and clones alike.

In attack of the clones Yoda stopped several seperate large pieces of cave roof from collapsing on himself

Kit Fisto force grabbed and threw 7 enemies at the same time. He also used the force to redirect 4 torpedoes at one back towards the enemy. He also created a force bubble about 5ft wide then smashed through an enemy vehicle like a wrecking ball.

Assaj Ventress was able to force push 2 enemies coming from 2 different directions at once.

Obi wan managed to force block a continued streak of projectiles. Straight after that what does he force block?...A constant stream of FIRE. A short while later he force blocks with his hand, several laser shots from a droideka.

Then he force pushes out in all directions while inside an enemy in order to explode it from the inside out.

There's a lot more feats besides these too.

I know you're going to repond with the completely predictable line of "not in the movies" even though some of them actually are. The difference between these examples and some of the things you try to argue is that these are actually on screen feats from the canon story line. You, on the other hand, take what happens on screen in the HP films and then extrapolate it into the completely hypothetical...Giving people abilities they have never shown on screen in any context. Simply by saying...Well he/she does this so he/she must be able to do that.

dadudemon
I said that about VADER, man.

No you didn't, you said that about ANY Jedi. You said that no Jedi grabs more than one object at a time when we were talking about the Wizards possibly outnumbering the Jedi. I said that the Jedi could grab and hold multiple Death Eaters. You then said your b.s. about a Jedi grabbing only one object at a time. I then countered with Vader grabbing multiple objects in ESB, and throwing them at Luke. You then said that you only see one at a time. I said that they were flying in so quickly and successively, and from multiple directions, that there was no one it could

Also, you said he grabbed the multiple objects while saving Obi Wan, He didnt.

He did. He came to save Obi Wan and Anakin. Dooku was attacking Yoda, but Yoda's whole presence there was saving Obi and Ani, erog, he grabbed multiple objects when he came to save Obi. Also, he did grabe multiple objects: he spread out his force TK in a flat area, "grabbed" three objects, and threw them after he was done.

That particular scene proves your wrong about multiple things on multiple levels. More on this later.

And? When is it implied that he adjusted the radius of the force? It wasnt. He didnt. And again, no way near enough to force push a wall of fiendfyre.

Radius, huh? This incorrectly assumes that the force TK is only applied as a circle or sphere. That's incorrect. Screen feats prove it.

Also, he applied his force TK in a plane. He adjusted the size and area of his force TK. In other words, he did. And, it's waaaaay more than enough to force push a 6 foot wall of fire. no expression Not that fiendfyre exists in the movies, yet, cause it doesn't. Besides, why would he force push fiendfyre when he could force push the ground it was on or force push the ball of the fire right after it is thrown? You do know that it is REALLY slow, don't you?

Keep it coming!!!.

SPLOOOOOOOOOOGE!

They might be, but the fact of the matter is that Yoda never, not ever, never, displayed TK in such a manner to stop fiendfyre.

Never.

That means, you know.......not ever.

So what did we learn?

They are. And Yoda did, so did Obi. So did Qui Gon and any other force user that used force TK on more than one dissimilarly shaped object.

We learned that you didn't pay attention to any of the star wars films when you watched them, multiple times, are giving powers and abilities that did not exist onscree for the wizards, and are calling a fire spell "fiendfyre" when fiendfyre didn't even exist until Deathly Hallows, which is not a movie out, yet.

Horseshit. he raised his hands, grunted, and held the rocks in place. Stop reading more into it than there was.

Stop discredting something that was done clearly onscreen that everyone else can see, but you. (I think you just refuse to acknowledge it, but know exactly what I'm talking about.)

I most certainly did not, your entire argument here is crap.

You did. You pwned yourself with that vid.

"I think you just refuse to acknowledge it, but know exactly what I'm talking about."

I ask one last time.....when has any Jedi been shown TKing a wide enough area to force push a wall of fiendfyre surrounding him?

Read below: Teehee

1. I proved more than adequately that the size and even the shape of TK can be adjusted.

2. You are doing one of two things:

a) You simply don't see what I'm talking about
b) You see it, refuse to admit it, and are wasting everyone's time so you don't have to admit that you're wrong.

3. Fiendfyre has NEVER been a 100ft wall. EVER. Not in the books, not in the movies. In fact, Fiendfyre does not exist in the movies, yet. Like I said, you've damaged your credability as an HP source.

4. I rested my case after proving your wrong. smile

Never. Thats my whole point, and you keep dodging it. Also theres no proof that Yoda adjusted anything, more second guessing and speculation. 'Hey, it looks like he did this." No proof, just what you WANT to see.

That may be your point, but it's definitely wrong. I never dodged, unlike that lame and slow fiendfyre spell you think is godly.

And, there's more than enough evidence that not only Yoda adjusted the size and shape of TK, but any other force user that used TK on two dissimilarly shaped objects.

So, we are right back where we started, with no movie footage that proves a Jedi cannot block a wall of fiendfyre.

We are only back right where we started because you refuse to admit where you were wrong,

Hey, when did Yoda or any other Jedi display a wide enough TK attack to block a wall of fiendfyre? You gonna answer that?

I know you wont, because the answer proves he cant.

big grin

Nite nite.

I did. Multiple times. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

dadudemon
Instance one: Yoda lifted several tonnes of X-wing in ESB. Either he is ridiculously powerful to support all that weight in a small hold AND balance it correctly or he spread the pressure (whtevr) to make the job easier.

Instance two: Yoda spins a senate pod While supporting its entire weight. To do this would require he spreads his hold enough to spin the thing.

Instance three: While not directly spreading the burst Vader crushes multiple objects through the application of a Force Scream. A concentrated effort could easily cover the necessary area to stop something a pitiful as a flame.

Good morning.

Damn it. How dare you tell RJ what I wanted him to admit to. hahahahahaha

I was hoping RJ would notice this type of thing, and admit it. Since you've ruined my plans of forcing (lulz, pun) RJ to admit that not only the size is adjust, but the shape as well. big grin

Gooooooooooooooooood DAYYYYYY to you, sirrrrrrrr. smile

laughing

That's hilarious cause, you're like British n'stuff, so it makes it funnier.

Sadako of Girth
smile

Nothing like a little self-depricating self parody with a cup of tea, to affirm your Britishness.

Other than being beaten at international football regularly, of course.

dadudemon
In the battle of Dantooine, Mace Windu forced pushed a full 360 degrees around him. Pushing back hundreds of super battle droids. He also, while landing from a force jump, manages to do a force push poweful enough to blast about 50 super battledroids away and causing a crater in the ground....The he slides along the ground and simeltaneously force crushes the heads of 8 droids. He uses force TK to protect himself from the shock wave from a seismic tank that blows away battle droids and clones alike.

In attack of the clones Yoda stopped several seperate large pieces of cave roof from collapsing on himself

Kit Fisto force grabbed and threw 7 enemies at the same time. He also used the force to redirect 4 torpedoes at one back towards the enemy. He also created a force bubble about 5ft wide then smashed through an enemy vehicle like a wrecking ball.

Assaj Ventress was able to force push 2 enemies coming from 2 different directions at once.

Obi wan managed to force block a continued streak of projectiles. Straight after that what does he force block?...A constant stream of FIRE. A short while later he force blocks with his hand, several laser shots from a droideka.

Then he force pushes out in all directions while inside an enemy in order to explode it from the inside out.

There's a lot more feats besides these too.

I know you're going to repond with the completely predictable line of "not in the movies" even though some of them actually are. The difference between these examples and some of the things you try to argue is that these are actually on screen feats from the canon story line. You, on the other hand, take what happens on screen in the HP films and then extrapolate it into the completely hypothetical...Giving people abilities they have never shown on screen in any context. Simply by saying...Well he/she does this so he/she must be able to do that.

You're talking about the CGI movie, Clone Wars, none of what you mentioned counts (cept the Yoda feat, which was Ep II.)

dadudemon
smile

Nothing like a little self-depricating self parody with a cup of tea, to affirm your Britishness.

Other than being beaten at international football regularly, of course.

laughing

Well, it works. I must say, making fun of fanatical evangelicals that abound aplenty here in Oklahoma, is quite fun.

jaden101
You're talking about the CGI movie, Clone Wars, none of what you mentioned counts (cept the Yoda feat, which was Ep II.)

Counts a considerable bit more than about 99.9% of anything RJ has said so far because at least it's actual on screen feats attributable, from canon, to characters in the 6 movies.

Not to mention that fact that GL himself stated that the way the Jedi are portrayed in the clone wars is far more how he envisioned their abilities.

dadudemon
Counts a considerable bit more than about 99.9% of anything RJ has said so far because at least it's actual on screen feats attributable, from canon, to characters in the 6 movies.

Not to mention that fact that GL himself stated that the way the Jedi are portrayed in the clone wars is far more how he envisioned their abilities.

While I agree, that's still not going to fly in the Movies Versus rules.

Impediment
Closed at request of the thread starter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.