Pringles: Racist and shrunk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Coal
OK, probably not racist, but I just bought one of these '90 pringles inside' tubes, and they certainly seem to be smaller than last time I had them. A LOT SMALLER!!!

Anyone else notice this?

Darth Jello
The what? All I know is pringles are to potato chips what particle board is to lumber. And that's not a judgment call, that's kinda how they're made.

Darth Jello
Actually, let's ask the question as to what the hell pringles are made out of anyway?

Shakyamunison
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2006/oct/06/1

jinXed by JaNx
it's called getting more for less. I'm talking through the perspective of the manufacturer of course ;-) .

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
it's called getting more for less. I'm talking through the perspective of the manufacturer of course ;-) .

In other words, if you can't raise the price, then lower the cost.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
In other words, if you can't raise the price, then lower the cost.

No no no...it's more like this....."If you can't raise the price then lower the quality or amount of the product."

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
No no no...it's more like this....."If you can't raise the price then lower the quality or amount of the product."

They try not to lower the quality, so the amount gets lowered. The amount directly reflects the cost. So does the quality, but if you open a tube of Pringles, and they taste as good as ever, but there is less of them, then you are more likely to buy another tube, then if the chip was just bad.

Darth Jello
Didn't pringles just lower their costs anyway by successfully arguing that they didn't have to pay value added tax on potatoes in the UK since pringles are only 42% potato?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Didn't pringles just lower their costs anyway by successfully arguing that they didn't have to pay value added tax on potatoes in the UK since pringles are only 42% potato?

laughing

You serious?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
They try not to lower the quality, so the amount gets lowered. The amount directly reflects the cost. So does the quality, but if you open a tube of Pringles, and they taste as good as ever, but there is less of them, then you are more likely to buy another tube, then if the chip was just bad.

Nah, i think they just pour more salt on the taters.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by dadudemon
laughing

You serious?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7490346.stm

It should be obvious. I mean it's a FOOD, and it's made by PROCTOR & GAMBLE.

Shakyamunison
...It should be obvious. I mean it's a FOOD, and it's made by PROCTOR & GAMBLE.

More like a potato biscuit.

Darth Jello
What's the other 60%?

Bardock42
What's the other 60%?

According to your link, different kind of flours.

"But he said that Pringles did not meet these criteria - being made from potato flour, corn flour, wheat starch and rice flour together with fat and emulsifier, salt and seasoning, with a potato content of about 42%."

Makes perfect sense. Probably why they are so much tastier than potato chips.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Bardock42
Makes perfect sense. Probably why they are so much tastier than potato chips.

They're legally not allowed to call them chips, or even crisps (in most places). They're "potato snacks".

Shakyamunison
What's the other 60%?

According to the article you posted:

Bardock42
They're legally not allowed to call them chips, or even crisps (in most places). They're "potato snacks".

So?

Darth Jello
That just makes me think of American and Nacho "cheese".

Shakyamunison
That just makes me think of American and Nacho "cheese".

Velveeta Cheese

http://www.1800fudge.com/images/velveetfudge.jpg

sick

Bicnarok
Pringles have something in them which make them more-ish, I can do a whole tube of sour cream and onion in no time, and feel well sick afterwards.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Pringles have something in them which make them more-ish, I can do a whole tube of sour cream and onion in no time, and feel well sick afterwards.

laughing So, you think it might be something in the snack that is making you sick, and not the fact that you eat the entire tube in one sitting? laughing out loud

Darth Jello
Are you talking a full sized tube or one of those stubby, "chode" type tubes.

jinXed by JaNx
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7490346.stm

It should be obvious. I mean it's a FOOD, and it's made by PROCTOR & GAMBLE.

damn satan worshipers.

Darth Jello
Well you know, it's that special feeling you get when you realize the chip you just chewed, savored, and swallowed was made by the same people who's only other vaguely food related products are antacid medication and pet food. "Hey honey, my snack and your tampon are made by the same people!"

Shakyamunison
Well you know, it's that special feeling you get when you realize the chip you just chewed, savored, and swallowed was made by the same people who's only other vaguely food related products are antacid medication and pet food. "Hey honey, my snack and your tampon are made by the same people!"

Don't buy the stuff then.

inimalist
if their snacks are anything to go by, that would be a high quality tampon

Darth Jello
If you're not into it but you're girlfriend is, you could claim you went down on her through the associative property. I guess that's an advantage. Despite having a weird texture and getting sick when you eat an entire, non-chode sized container, they do taste ok.

shiv
Originally posted by Bicnarok

MSG or something which mimmicks MSG.

geraldad
In the late 80's, as one who speaks of floppy disks, I recall watching a 60 Minutes program on my "color tube television" about food and snack companies "re-formulating" the down-sizing of many items, i.e. Snickers, Pringles, etc. but were not lowering prices. The 80's were a strange time, many super geniuses went over to the dark side, and started using computers deriving ways to rob the unsuspecting masses. We who knew this (the guild) attempted to warn the masses, but the masses became mind-numb and soft. There is nothing that can be done today, they have installed "their" president into the US, and all is lost. Obama is reported to have $1 billion dollars in campaign contributions for his next election. That doesn't seem to scare people. Eat up, suckers! Happy Dance

chomperx9
How the F are pringles racist ? Let me guess the color of the covers or what ?

dadudemon
Pringles are hyperbolic paraboloids. no expression RACSIST!

ADarksideJedi
No I did not notice i do enjoy eating them!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.