Shin Gouki/Link vs Sephiroth/Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spartan117ftw
Just like against the Arbiter, Link cannot use his ocarina or Nayru's Love.

Who takes it?

danteiscool
I'm going to say team 2 wins due to Krato's sheer level of brutality and Sephiroth being able to make meteors rain down from the sky and all.

Cyner
Sephiroth is a terrible teammate he gets OHKO'd and then Kratos gets wrecked, the end.

ScreamPaste
Team one destroys. erm

MooCowofJustice
Isn't Gouki the island buster?

First_Tsurugi06
Team 2. Spitefully so

ScreamPaste
...Lolwut?

Either member of team one one shots Sephiroth, and then Kratos goes down easy in a 2v1. erm

MadMel
im not sure about gouki, but link cant move as fast as sephiroth erm

MooCowofJustice
You just had to say that, didn't you?

It doesn't matter, he can react fast enough.

ScreamPaste
Great. Lemme go find the math...

LLLLLink
Spite in favor of team One. We all should know the Link/Seph matchup by now. Gouki also punks Seph.

Kratos was outmatched 1v1, but 2v1 he doesnt have a prayer.

MooCowofJustice
Shin, that is the wrong math. I believe you need the whip stuff.

LLLLLink
You would think people would remember this stuff by now...

MadMel
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Great. Lemme go find the math...
thats all well and good, but that doesnt accound for link's own reaction time..
given sephy's ability to execute 100's of slashes near instantly without even appearing to move at all, how can you be sure link has the reaction time to anticipate and block every single one?

theres also seph's TK, teleportation and ranged attacks erm

ScreamPaste
his TK won't work on Link, or Ganon would have done it, teleportation Link's dealt with, and Seph's only about class 10, he probably can't hurt Link or Gouki erm

Phanteros
Ganon was riddled with CIS I can make the same arguement for why Ares didn't just snap Kratos neck with tk or send him in another deminsion to fight clones of himself forever.

ScreamPaste
Except that the Master Sword's been protecting Link. erm

Phanteros
Except that the Master Sword's been protecting Link. erm So was the pandora box was with kratos but likewise that doesn't mean Ganondorf can't tk a castle and just drop on link.(which would of been a tactical move)

fascistcrusader
Lollinkfans.

MooCowofJustice
Would you just shut up.

Honestly, I still support that Link doesn't even need the whip feats. His fight with Zant had him reacting to teleportation just as fast as anything I've seen any other character on this forum do. Going by everyone else's logic, Link can handle these "fast" people just fine.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Phanteros
...that doesn't mean Ganondorf can't tk a castle and just drop on link.(which would of been a tactical move)

Its lines like this that make me grateful that producers dont allow social opinion to influence games.

Cyner
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Its lines like this that make me grateful that producers dont allow social opinion to influence games.

Ganondorf really should have done something like that... he really just doesn't think his plans all the way through. You already know some little punk in green is gonna come stop you, be prepared!

iChaos
Uh-oh, and we're going around...again.

First_Tsurugi06
...Lolwut?

Either member of team one one shots Sephiroth, and then Kratos goes down easy in a 2v1. erm

Either one would be lucky to faze Sephiroth. Assuming the, you know, God of War doesn't just pop their heads five seconds into the fight. Kratos alone would beat anyone from Street Fighter to death with Link and kill two birds with one stone. Or, rather both birds one of them.

ScreamPaste
Firstly, I don't see any specifications about Kratos godhood being included, secondly, we've been through this before. Gouki can break islands with punches. That's >>>> Sephiroth or Kratos erm and Link's got strength feats to put both memberson team two to shame as well... Seph has no durability showings, and both characters on team two are evil.

Team one in a stomp.

Phanteros
My point stands that Link only won because Ganondorf and most bosses where acting like retards in their final battles.

K1ll3r
Link being able to beat Sephiroth is debatable.

Link only reacts to teleportation in gameplay. (Well, as far as I have seen)

Sephiroth has the same durability as Jenova, who survived atmospheric heating of a meteor, and subsequent landing.

Aaaand, the MS protecting Link from TK is also debatable.

Shutter Control
Matchup is funny I gotta say.

ScreamPaste
Physics aren't. Seph has no way to win that match up.

and yet gets killed by sword slashes. O_o

The sword's shown it's ability to protect him from evil on several occasions.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by K1ll3r
Link being able to beat Sephiroth is debatable.

Link only reacts to teleportation in gameplay. (Well, as far as I have seen)

Point? It means we don't know how he dealt with it, not that he didn't.

And, nah.

Burning thought

lol trust me its really not debatable. Maybe discussed on a LoZ fan forum but in a debate its best if its discarded as a no limit fallacy based on some bold assumptions.

iChaos

Wouldn't that be a no-limit fallact?

ScreamPaste
Protecting Link from evil is a no limit fallacy how, exactly?

MooCowofJustice
Kind of like how Kain's shield thing is, I'll bet.

ScreamPaste
It's a no limmit fallacy the way BT tries to use it, lulz.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Point? It means we don't know how he dealt with it, not that he didn't.

And, nah.

Maybe he didn't deal with it, maybe he won based on pure luck.

Physics aren't. Seph has no way to win that match up.

and yet gets killed by sword slashes. O_o

When did Sephiroth get killed by sword slashes?

K1ll3r
Accidental double post.

ScreamPaste
Everytime he's fought Cloud. Except Crisis Core.

K1ll3r
Prove your statement.

Phanteros
He was omnislashed to death at the end of FFVII, omnipwned in ACC.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by Phanteros
He was omnislashed to death at the end of FFVII, omnipwned in ACC.

Not physical, that was a battle of wills.

And omnislash isn't a physical attack, as can be seen by the magical energy coming off Clouds swords.

And if it did have any physical element to it at all, it didn't seem to physically cut or hurt Sephiroth in any way.

Once again, prove your statement.

ScreamPaste
You'd be the one who has to prove an attack with a sword is somehow non-physical. erm

Phanteros
is that why Sephiroth was bleeding from the attack? also in AC his feathers where being ruffled by the omnislash so yeah that was physical.

MooCowofJustice
Maybe he didn't deal with it, maybe he won based on pure luck.

Let's pretend that was a good point.

How exactly would he win with luck?

K1ll3r
You'd be the one who has to prove an attack with a sword is somehow non-physical. erm

Well, for one they go straight through him and don't leave any mark at all.

Also, because as stated in many sources Omnislash is a Spirit Energy attack. Spirit Energy == magic in FF7.

Again, even if it did have a physical attack, it didn't harm Sephiroth at all.

Because Cloud also goes straight through Sephiroth and doesn't physically do anything to either of them.

Seriously, how is it physical?

Moocow, that is simple: Zant teleports behind Link and hits Links shield (currently on his back!), Link does a spinny attack and kills Zant WHOA. Who knows? Only the designer.

MooCowofJustice
I see. Funny.

K1ll3r
I see you have no argument. Funny.

ScreamPaste
He doesn't need to argue against that pile of bullshit of an excuse. erm

K1ll3r
He doesn't need to argue against that pile of bullshit of an excuse. erm

Lol, it isn't an excuse.

You guys are making way to many assumptions on Links fights. You cannot assume anything.

GL proving Omnislash does any physical damage.

ScreamPaste
K, go get a big sword and let it go through you, as it did in that video. Return with results.

K1ll3r
K, go get a big sword and let it go through you, as it did in that video. Return with results.

Now you are just trolling.

ScreamPaste
No, I'm illustrating blatant logic. It's impossible for a sword to pass through something without parting that something, otherwise it stops.

K1ll3r
No, I'm illustrating blatant logic. It's impossible for a sword to pass through something without parting that something, otherwise it stops.

Unless magic is involved, right?

I still think you are trolling because Omnislash isn't a sword, but an attack.

ScreamPaste
*facepalm* There's a sword, a solid sword, used in the attack. It makes no sense whatsoever for it not to do physical damage.

K1ll3r
*facepalm* There's a sword, a solid sword, used in the attack. It makes no sense whatsoever for it not to do physical damage.

*facepalm* It is clearly shown during the fight that Cloud and his swords go straight through Sephiroth many many times, without any physical damage occuring to Sephiroth (Bleeding, cuts, anything). Whereas when Cloud got stabbed seven or so times, he did get cut and he bleed profusely.

Omnislash is a magical attack.

Stop trolling, it is clear you have lost.

Even after the fight Sephiroth is physically 100% A-OKAY.

Not. A. Scratch.

ScreamPaste
You say I'm trolling and then never refute or even address this.

K1ll3r
You say I'm trolling and then never refute or even address this.

If it is solid, why does it not stop on Sephiroth?

Why does it go straight through him and not leave a mark?

ScreamPaste
Because it apparently cut him fairly cleanly, such things happen all the time in anime movies. It didn't stop because he's not particularly hard to cut through, apparently.

K1ll3r
I am sorry, but Kadaj was also not cut.

Sephiroth had no physical damage, his clothes didn't even fall away.

Prove it cut him in any way shape or form. You can't.

Also, not anime.

Explain Cloud going straight through Sephiroth in the series of Spirit Energy flashes.

ScreamPaste
Everythign about the movie is anime, it's just CGI rather than drawn. erm

"Prove the sword passing through him didn't cut him." I lol'd.

K1ll3r
Everythign about the movie is anime, it's just CGI rather than drawn. erm

"Prove the sword passing through him didn't cut him." I lol'd.

Moot point. In an anime a delayed reaction to the cut is shown, in this it never happened.

Okay, because no cut was shown. No blood was shown. Clothes didn't get cut.

Kadaj wasn't physically injured from Omnislash when Sephiroth left.

And his clothes were also not cut.

Sephiroth attempted to block the attack (on the first one), but his sword went straight through Clouds, and Cloud.

Now you?

MooCowofJustice
Someone remind me how Omnislash being physical or magic changes Sephiroth at all? Say it's Magic, it's Cloud's magic. Ganondorf > Cloud.

Say it's physical, Ganondorf > Cloud.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Someone remind me how Omnislash being physical or magic changes Sephiroth at all? Say it's Magic, it's Cloud's magic. Ganondorf > Cloud.

Say it's physical, Ganondorf > Cloud.

Because Screampaste thinks that Sephiroth doesn't have the same durability as Jenova. Which is surviving atmospheric entry on a meteor and subsequent landing of meteor.

Also, technically Omnislash would destroy Ganondorfs will, because that is what it does. But that is getting offtopic from this debate.

ESB -1138
I love how this is just a Link vs Sephiroth fight now. No love for the God of War. You know the dude who threw around a Hyrda like it was nothing and killed gods; that guy. Remember him.

And please; Cloud > Ganondorf

Kratos and Sephiroth are the winners of this match. Link and Gouki don't really have much of a chance. Link simply gets slaughtered within the first minute or so leaving Gouki to face Sephiroth and Kratos by himself. Nothing Link has done has put him above Kratos or Sephiroth.

ScreamPaste
Actually, Link is stronger than Kratos. Just sayin'. Sephiroth's got nothing on anyone in this thread,and Gouki can break islands, how do Akuma/Link lose such a one-sided fight, exactly?

Maester_yoda
apparently sephiroth is a spirit or something because a solid object went through him and did nothing.......it would at least stop on his skin if he was as durable as you fffanboys think he is. OMGOZORZ OMNISLASH IS THA STRONGEST WILL BREAKING ATTACK EVER!!!!

*facepalm* weak arguement

Phanteros
in ff no bodies cloths are ever damaged. untill ACC i think.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I love how this is just a Link vs Sephiroth fight now. No love for the God of War. You know the dude who threw around a Hyrda like it was nothing and killed gods; that guy. Remember him.

And please; Cloud > Ganondorf

Kratos and Sephiroth are the winners of this match. Link and Gouki don't really have much of a chance. Link simply gets slaughtered within the first minute or so leaving Gouki to face Sephiroth and Kratos by himself. Nothing Link has done has put him above Kratos or Sephiroth.

1. Whoopee.

2. Not even in the biggest Cloud fanboy's dreams.

3. I lol'd.

iChaos
EDIT: Nevermind.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by Maester_yoda
apparently sephiroth is a spirit or something because a solid object went through him and did nothing.......it would at least stop on his skin if he was as durable as you fffanboys think he is. OMGOZORZ OMNISLASH IS THA STRONGEST WILL BREAKING ATTACK EVER!!!!

*facepalm* weak arguement

Obviously this person has no idea. Why are you even saying anything when you don't know anything. Why would something intangible stop on his skin?

He tried to block it, but it went right through Clouds sword and Cloud.

Look, Sephiroth isn't a spirit, Cloud is covered in SPIRIT ENERGY!!!

Omnislash is a SPIRIT ENERGY ATTACK.

Nice trolling though.

@Phanteros We are currently talking about ACC.

I guess that argument is now over and Screampaste cannot disprove the fact that OMNISLASH GOES STRAIGHT THROUGH SEPHIROTH without any physical effect.

Far out, it would have been easier to admit it straight away instead of trying to argue something that is blatantly obvious if you had seen it.

ScreamPaste
Got a statement, or your know, anything that logically explains this? no expression Cause all I'm seeing is lulzy anime effects.

LLLLLink
What does it matter? The end result is the same, unless someone is hell-bent on finding out how weak Cloud is...

K1ll3r
Got a statement, or your know, anything that logically explains this? no expression Cause all I'm seeing is lulzy anime effects.

I don't need to, it is shown there, it is more proof then anything you have ever shown on link.

lulzy anime effects isn't an argument.

How about prove that Omnislash was physical. Go ahead, try it. Wait wait:

Explain to me logically how Omnislash works if it is physical.

Stop trolling.

ScreamPaste
5L makes a point, it doesn't matter. But here's how Omnislash works physicly;

You slash the guy with your sword, and he goes away.

K1ll3r
5L makes a point, it doesn't matter. But her'es how Omnislash works physicly;

You slash the guy with your sword, and he goes away.

That directly contradicts what we see in FF7: ACC, try again.

EDIT: I disagree, because Sephiroths durability is far greater than Shin Goukis and Links.

ScreamPaste
I lol'd. Now who's trolling?

K1ll3r
I lol'd. Now who's trolling?

I see you couldn't do it. Therefore we go off what we see in ACC.

My point is now proven Sephiroth has the durability of Jenova because Sephiroth is Jenova.

ScreamPaste
I missed the part where Sephiroth had any durability feats.

Edit: Moreover I missed the part where Omnislash, which requires a solid sword to use, suddenly becomes some mysterious non-damaging attack on someone's will and the sword is taken out of the equation completely, and how this somehow makes Sephiroth's surability better than Akuma's or Link's. In closing; I lol'd.

K1ll3r
I missed the part where Sephiroth had any durability feats.

Edit: Moreover I missed the part where Omnislash, which requires a solid sword to use, suddenly becomes some mysterious non-damaging attack on someone's will and the sword is taken out of the equation completely, and how this somehow makes Sephiroth's surability better than Akuma's or Link's. In closing; I lol'd.

He doesn't.

Therefore we go with Jenovas because he is Jenova.

Who says it requires a sword to use?

It obviously doesn't as several times Cloud doesn't use a sword and just goes through Sephiroth himself.

Even if it was physical, it physically didn't hurt Sephiroth.

attack on someone's will : Stated in ultimania to be the purpose of the attack.

It doesn't it just disproves your thinking that Sephiroth died from physical means, which cannot be proved.

Whereas the fact that Sephiroth is Jenova is known and the fact that Jenova flew around on a meteor and crashlanded on the planet is.

ScreamPaste
You mind quantifying that?

Also, Jenova apparently "pilots" space debris, it doesn't seem far fetched at all that she had some degree of protection on this meteor. Especially considering Sephiroth's shown no durability. It also comes to my attention she took a pretty long nap.

K1ll3r
You mind quantifying that?

Also, Jenova apparently "pilots" space debris, it doesn't seem far fetched at all that she had some degree of protection on this meteor. Especially considering Sephiroth's shown no durability. It also comes to my attention she took a pretty long nap.

Allright, but can't do it right now, probably in half an hour.

You mean when she got sealed away?

You nor me can make assumptions as to how she piloted, but I propose we say she was in the middle of it.

ESB -1138

Like you blathering out class 10?

LLLLLink
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Like you blathering out class 10?

That would be a "No."

ScreamPaste
Sephiroth's best strength feat is less than half that. So I'm being incredibly generous. erm

K1ll3r
Sephiroth's best strength feat is less than half that. So I'm being incredibly generous. erm

I am still wondering what feat you are using for that.

ScreamPaste
Well, cuttig falling debris doesn't take more than being a 5 tonner, and impaling a big snake on a tree doesn't either. Those are the only ones he has that I've seen. The Snake thing could even have been TK. He doesn't have much backing his physical strength at all.

K1ll3r
Well, cuttig falling debris doesn't take more than being a 5 tonner, and impaling a big snake on a tree doesn't either. Those are the only ones he has that I've seen. The Snake thing could even have been TK. He doesn't have much backing his physical strength at all.

He hit that guy up(Genesis) 1000 meters in a second.

Also that snake thing technically wasn't done by Sephiroth. It was a clones body.

ScreamPaste
Show me how you measured 1000 meters per second? stick out tongue

MooCowofJustice
Lmfao, I remember this argument. He has no measurements. He went by the worst eye judgment I have ever seen. It isn't even close to 1000 meters.

K1ll3r
I went by how long it took him to fall. :/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.