Anakin "Ani" Skywalker (SW Ep. 1: tPM) Versus Harry Potter (HP&tSS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
Little Ani Skywalker is celebrating his win in the pod races, when out of nowhere Tiny 'Arry Pottah comes along and snags his trophy faster than you can say Quidditch. Now it's a race through the Pod Race track. Harry isn't that well versed on his broom yet, so he can't soar into the sky for a win, he has to stay within legal parameters of the track.

Can the minute menace of the Galaxy super bombad race his way to victory, or will the baby broomrider make off with his own custom Snitch?

Sadako of Girth
Theres nothing going above 150mph in the HP camp.

850 kph is in the neighbourhood of podracer speeds seen in TPM.

SW wins. smile

XanatosForever
Ha, guess I didn't do my research. Sorry.

Robtard
Anakin drives his pod-racer right into Potter's ass, thereby sucking him into the intake.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Ha, guess I didn't do my research. Sorry.

No worries mate, an honest question, it was, Im sure. smile

Originally posted by Robtard
Anakin drives his pod-racer right into Potter's ass, thereby sucking him into the intake.

laughing out loud LOL "Hairy intakeClogger."

"Quidditch THAT, b*tch!" stick out tongue

XanatosForever
Alright alright, how about this? The Pod racer malfunctioned after Ani's first race, so now he can only go equal to slightly faster speed with Harry on his broom. Doest that make sense?

Sadako of Girth
Well sir, that would go into gimp territory and would make the whole thing pointless, Im afraid.

sad

(SW still wins stick out tongue )

XanatosForever
To be fair, it'd actually be equalizing, since I already gimped Harry from a fly win.

Robtard
Originally posted by XanatosForever
To be fair, it'd actually be equalizing, since I already gimped Harry from a fly win.

Anakin, due to the Force is the better pilot with faster reflexes and precog (as stated by Qui Gon Jin), so giving that the broom (lolz, a broom) and pod-racer are equal in speed and maneuverability, Anakin still would be the likely winner.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Anakin, due to the Force is the better pilot with faster reflexes and precog (as stated by Qui Gon Jin), so giving that the broom (lolz, a broom) and pod-racer are equal in speed and maneuverability, Anakin still would be the likely winner.

This.

So, if we give Harry a Broom with the same acceeleration, turning, breaking, and top speed stats as the podracer, little Ani still wins based on what Robtard said above.

BruceSkywalker
Anakin "sweeps" Harry away/the end

Rogue Jedi
You ****ing idiots, Harry kicks off the ground and hovers 100 feet above Annie, giving him the finger.

Oh wait, Harry was gimped right away. Hmm, and no one said anything about it. I'd bet my left nut that if Annie was gimped in the same fashion, there would have been a shitstorm.

Harry was a natural on his broom from the get go, this "not well versed" shit changing who he is.

Harry Potter hate. Have fun, hypocrites. fu

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
You ****ing idiots, Harry kicks off the ground and hovers 100 feet above Annie, giving him the finger.

Oh wait, Harry was gimped right away. Hmm, and no one said anything about it. I'd bet my left nut that if Annie was gimped in the same fashion, there would have been a shitstorm.

Harry was a natural on his broom from the get go, this "not well versed" shit changing who he is.

The intent of the thread is supposed to be "who is better at racing in their respective items." In the HP-verse, a broom can turn on a dime.

However, what good would a race around a track be if Harry could just fly over all the obstacles? That'd be a stupid way to try and race two people, based on their skill around a highly dangerous track. What's the point of even having this thread if the race is not about skill?

The thread starter simply didn't realize that pod-racers were much faster than brooms, but I'm sure he got the idea for the thread because Brooms have absurdly good turning.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
The intent of the thread is supposed to be "who is better at racing in their respective items." In the HP-verse, a broom can turn on a dime.

However, what good would a race around a track be if Harry could just fly over all the obstacles? That'd be a stupid way to try and race two people, based on their skill around a highly dangerous track. What's the point of even having this thread if the race is not about skill?

The thread starter simply didn't realize that pod-racers were much faster than brooms, but I'm sure he got the idea for the thread because Brooms have absurdly good turning. Mhm, remember the Hiller/Maverick/Iceman thread? I did exactly the same thing, and the same people posting here lit into me like a sunday BBQ.

It's because it's HP, someone hates the franchise so they ignore it's characters powers. It's why I had my threads closed, there was zero objectivity. "Boy with a twig" indeed.

I think I'll take Mattie's advice and stay the hell outta the MVF, it's become a cess pool of ignorance and one sided bullshit.

This is the part where Amos and Andy swing in on McClanes nuts and talk shit about me for a week, buckle up.

Buh bye. big grin

Robtard

Then it wouldn't be a race around the race tack, now would it.

This is not a gimp; in fact, he amended the thread and gimped Anakin by slowing down his racer. Though considering the idea was to see who's the better 'pilot', it's not necessarily an ill-willed gimp.

Again, only thing your beloved 14 year old boy here can't do is fly away, thereby making the race obsolete if he did.

The butt-hurt is strong in you, sir.

Robtard

I think I'll take Mattie's advice and stay the hell outta the MVF, it's become a cess pool of ignorance and one sided bullshit.

This is the part where Amos and Andy swing in on McClanes nuts and talk shit about me for a week, buckle up.

LoL.

You're not that important to talk about, dude. Relax, you're letting butt-hurt over being wrong about something like 'Harry Potter' turn you into a dick. Rather childish.

dadudemon
Mhm, remember the Hiller/Maverick/Iceman thread? I did exactly the same thing, and the same people posting here lit into me like a sunday BBQ.

Hmm. Sort of. In this particular thread, it's limited to the race track, and it's not gimping Harry, at all. The thread starter DID mess up by not realizing that Harry can't go over 500 MPH on his broom.

Whereas, the other thread, the speed and "agility" of the Star Scream was actually limited. In this thread, none of that was done: both racers have to stay in the confines of the race-track, just like every other race.

Here's the major difference, though: His first response was, "Ha, guess I didn't do my research. Sorry." He immediately admitted fault. Obviously, that goes a long way.

It's because it's HP, someone hates the franchise so they ignore it's characters powers. It's why I had my threads closed, there was zero objectivity. "Boy with a twig" indeed.

I certainly don't hate the franchise and I read all of the books. I will probably see the movie the opening weekend or the week after, with my wife, whom also read all the books.

Not only was I objective about it, I tried to show you how you were missing the Star Wars abilities and overplaying the HP powers. On top of that, I always made sure to correct people when they were overplaying Star Wars characters or underplaying HP characters. Read the whole thread: I did it multiple times to everyone.

If anything, no one was being objective about it. I am quite sure that the others down-played the Harry-verse powers, but...and I may get some backlash from this...I think it's because they didn't know as much as about the powers as they did the Star Wars powers.

Buh bye. big grin

It'd be lame if they talked about you and made fun of you while you weren't around.

But, you don't have to go anywhere. Just talking about Harry Potter for these past few days reignghted my interest in it. I had almost completely forgetten about it until those threads were made. I feel more comfortable than even with the HP-verse. I think those threads did better to show how powerful the wizards really are.

Robtard
New MVF rule:

_08I3I652RM

God, that hair is epic.

jaden101

Seriously, are you actually 10 years old? 1st you request that the threads you created specifically for gimping SW were closed because everyone was proving you wrong and now you're whining about it in other people's threads. If you wanted to continue the discussion then should never have had your threads closed.

Grow up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.