Universal Soldier: Resurrection

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
The newest installment to the franchise. Watching it at the moment, had a pretty good (& bloody) intro, like the first film.

Suspect it will turn to shit soon enough.

Scythe
Ah, what is this bullshit? I want to see this new crap, but I can't bring myself to do so after the last one. Did it turn to shit as you suspected?

Robtard
Yes, but it's better than 2 and beyond. Mostly action, with bad acting thrown in here and there.

Considering it's a B-movie, I'd give it a 7 so far. Jean-Claude and Dolph have gotten pretty ****ing old.

If there's any UFC or MMA fans, Andrei Arlovski is the new and shiny bad-ass Unisol. Luckily, he's only had about 6 words in the film.

KingD19
The pitbull is back.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
The pitbull is back.

LoL, guess he is.

This one is far more bloody, several vicious death-beatings delivered so far.

KingD19
Arlovski is one of the few guys who scares me enough to make Universal Soldier believable.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
Arlovski is one of the few guys who scares me enough to make Universal Soldier believable.

Pretty sure he had input into the fight choreography, as there's far less flashy moves (aka Van Damage-kicks) and more straight up fast-paced boxing with some grappling thrown in.

Actually turning out to be a decent action flick. Recommend renting it for a lazy late night at home.

-Messed up the name, it's Universal Soldier: Regeneration.

Scythe
Originally posted by Robtard
Pretty sure he had input into the fight choreography, as there's far less flashy moves (aka Van Damage-kicks) and more straight up fast-paced boxing with some grappling thrown in.

Actually turning out to be a decent action flick. Recommend renting it for a lazy late night at home.

Will rent this from my local 99cent rental place.

Robtard
Originally posted by Scythe
Will rent this from my local 99cent rental place.

Officially comes out (straight to DVD) in about two weeks. I watched a screener version, hopefully the violence and gore won't be filtered on the release.

jinXed by JaNx
The newest installment to the franchise. Watching it at the moment, had a pretty good (& bloody) intro, like the first film.

Suspect it will turn to shit soon enough.

yeah that opening scene was actually very well composed, i thought. He shot the car till it flipped over laughing out loud

Scythe
Officially comes out (straight to DVD) in about two weeks. I watched a screener version, hopefully the violence and gore won't be filtered on the release.

Ah, shit. You sly devil. I'll put it in my list of rentals. They still need to get a few films I want to see back in-stock.

The Nuul
You mean Universal Soldier: Regeneration

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
You mean Universal Soldier: Regeneration

Oh snap, stole your thunder.

The Nuul
Just saw this....it was pretty good.

The music sounded like it was from the 80s and the explosions looked that way too at times. Its still the 2nd best out of the series but that doesn't sound like much because the last 2 movies sucked. It was great to see Jean Claude and Dolph in the same movie again. This is also Van Damme's best action because its not his usual action, its new for him and some of his best acting. Dolph is also good.

7.5/10

The Nuul
Oh and also it has some good directing. Van Damme is small compare to Andre.......lol.

Robtard
Arlovski is 6'4" and Van Damme is supposed to be 5'10", looked pretty close, maybe Van Damme squeezed an inch of his stats.

Common for actors to do this. EG Swarzeneggar, Stallone, Cruz, all have show a much taller height.

BruceSkywalker
Rob who is all in this?

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Rob who is all in this?

JC Van Damme
Dolph Lundgren
Andrei Arlovski

And a bunch of other unknown meat-heads. Don't expect a great movie, but for an action B-movie, it's decent.

BruceSkywalker
JC Van Damme
Dolph Lundgren
Andrei Arlovski

And a bunch of other unknown meat-heads. Don't expect a great movie, but for an action B-movie, it's decent.

i will check it out on the weekend

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.