Lars vs Kazuya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
They were evenly matched in tekken 6 but didn't finish the fight. Also Lars put up a fight against Jin.
Who takes it?

thefirstknight
lars is the better fighter

SamZED
Based on what?

Shutter Control
Mishima-blood only they drawed but once Kazuya utilizes the devil gene, Lars goes to sleep via Kazuya's telekinesis, i.e. he get's effed.

Lars is the coolest Mishima. He was my first main in 6. Gameplay-wise Lars also wins. It's amazing how many things he's done in just one game (scenario campaign intro and all cutscenes in between, but the intro has most of it and the best of him) that pretty much make it seem like he's the strongest Mishima, but looking back at what the others has done he's actually the weakest (when we consider Mishima heritage AND devil genes). He has better Mishima-blood showings then Jin and Kazuya, and is pretty much on par with Heihachi overall when we consider all the attributes of a fighter. Heihachi's mostly durability as far as we've seen. Lars was unscratched by an exploding missile and a self-destructing Jack, blitzed soldiers fast enough they weren't even able to shoot him with automatic rifles and broke the ground just shoving a soldier's head in it.

SamZED
I mean regular Kazuya no devil power ofcourse, that would've been a stomp. Lars did beat Heihachi a,nd stalemated Kazuya. But even though he didnt get to finish the fight with Jin, it was clear imo that Jin was winning.

Shutter Control
Read the edit by the way. I like to know people read my finalized posts. smile

IMO Kazuya. Even though they're brothers I think Kaz is old enough to be his dad laughing, so in other words more experience fighting. As a matter of fact I heard Namco first though of making him Jin's brother and not Kazuya's, and also changed Leo's gender along the way ermm laughing. No one even knows Leo's gender now. All this time I've been saying I want to do her/him/it! ninja

SamZED
laughing out loud Dont worry about that, never thought id say something like that about someone who's name is "Leo" but he/she looks kinda hot laughing out loud Also imo it woul've been better if he were Jin's brother. How many brothers does Kazuya need sigh...

Shutter Control
That sounded like you were implying Kazuya already has a number of brothers, which I think he doesn't.

IMO it's more interesting it's Kazuya's brother. Jin's brother...lame. Besides, in the scenario campaign Jin was all like "damn you're dumb, she (Alisa the robot) was created to serve me", Lars then was like "NOOO!" and this is Jin's UNCLE, lmao. Heihachi just probably had him...way late. Say between T2 and T3 (the gap there is at least 20 years IIRC). In other words he went to some European country and got it OWWN ninja and actually Lars confirms the nationality of his mother when he speaks to Heihachi, but I totally forgot that part of the campaign. Shit was a long adventure...

Yeah man, I don't care about Leo's gender anymore. That thing is hot in such a feminine way it doesn't matter what you say. laughing out loud

:edit: that rhymed and I didn't even try to rhyme

SamZED
laughing out loud True. I was talking about Lee, not a number but that's enough imo even though he's not his real brother, as far as I remember Hachi adopted him, no? Jin pwning his uncle WAS kinda funny heh Kazuya was pissed he has a brother. And what he said was badass and sad..

Shutter Control
What did he say again?

Also Lee doesn't count as a brother IMO. He's just a white-haired punk in Tekken..although he's amped as hell in Tekken 6 gameplay. No srsly wtf. Lee players are insane.

SamZED
Originally posted by Shutter Control
What did he say again?

Also Lee doesn't count as a brother IMO. He's just a white-haired punk in Tekken..although he's amped as hell in Tekken 6 gameplay. No srsly wtf. Lee players are insane. He said something like it's their family tradition to betray and try to kill each other before leaving. You gotta give Lee credit though, he gets to do Anna and apperantly Nina..

Shutter Control
Anna is a ho foo. Also yeah...damn I hate Lee now. sad

Yeah I guess that was sad. No family love. Boohoo.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SamZED
I mean regular Kazuya no devil power ofcourse, that would've been a stomp. Lars did beat Heihachi a,nd stalemated Kazuya. But even though he didnt get to finish the fight with Jin, it was clear imo that Jin was winning.

If we go by the gameplay and the fact that Alisa was there then do we say that Lars beat Heihachi with her help?

SamZED
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
If we go by the gameplay and the fact that Alisa was there then do we say that Lars beat Heihachi with her help? I dont think we should take the gameplay into account. I mean during the gameplay Heihachi had like a dozen fighters backing him up. What matters - Heihachi himself admitted tha Lars was the one who overpowered him during a cutscene. I dont think he would've said that if it was a 2 on 1 battle.

Shutter Control
Lol @ people backing up Heihachi. Tbh though, although ZED has a point, those people could just be there to increase difficulty. As far as I know there are more/less depending on which difficulty you choose, so I think it's safe to say none backed up Heihachi. I don't think they were originally there when the fight started or even in the cutscenes. I think they just popped into the scene during gameplay stick out tongue, but this could all be wrong, as it's been a month or two since I played campaign and I've been so into online and customization now that I barely remember campaign. Oh and the fact you have to equip items to have their respective abilities SUCKS. This basically means you CAN'T have YOUR personal customized character with all the traits you want him or her to have (more health, strength, etc.) without shitty items you will most likely not like. If you happen to like them, well than that will be a rare coincidence. Actually when you get an item I think a RANDOM trait is equipped to it each time you earn it, so you can just keep selling the items you want to equip on your character, keep re-achieving them in campaign mode until they are assigned (randomly) the trait you want it to have so your character can have it.

But of course if you're going to use the default official look, you get nothing. Even with custom hair or colors for clothes, nothing. You're forced to play on Medium mode and even then it is not enough to beat stages like the Yoshimitsu and Devil Jin one. Those are beast...and ridiculously hard without uber items (that end up making it easy even on Hard mode).

SamZED
The stage where you have fight Alisa is the one I hate the most. There's just no way you could beat her without the recieved items. Too little time.

Shutter Control
Not really. Devil Jin makes it so easy. She hardly ever ducks the laser.

In fact Devil Jin is the reason I was able to beat campaign in a few days.

Wei Phoenix

In fact Devil Jin is the reason I was able to beat campaign in a few days.

It is literally impossible to beat campaign mode with Devil Jin. You have to beat the campain mode to unlock the nightmare train first.

Devil Gene
No bro...guy's right. you can choose any character you want to play as before you start the campaign at all, of course any character OTHER than Lars. Alisa of course you can't choose.

Which is why on my character selection list (before I beat any of the campaign stages) the only ones there were Lars and Devil Jin. Had I picked someone other than Devil Jin from the beginning (when it allowed you to pick any ONE character to start off with) it would be Lars and that any one character I picked. Luckily I happened to pick Devil Jin who makes campaign mode easy. You can one shot 4-8 people with Hellfire Blast (by simple pressing both punch buttons).

SamZED

In fact Devil Jin is the reason I was able to beat campaign in a few days. Never tried it with DJ, gonna try now. Cleared most of it with Lars, I dont even like him or his fighting style that much, but he's supposed to be the main good guy of the story so..

Originally posted by Devil Gene
No bro...guy's right. you can choose any character you want to play as before you start the campaign at all, of course any character OTHER than Lars. Alisa of course you can't choose.

Which is why on my character selection list (before I beat any of the campaign stages) the only ones there were Lars and Devil Jin. Had I picked someone other than Devil Jin from the beginning (when it allowed you to pick any ONE character to start off with) it would be Lars and that any one character I picked. Luckily I happened to pick Devil Jin who makes campaign mode easy. You can one shot 4-8 people with Hellfire Blast (by simple pressing both punch buttons). I like DJ but he's such a cheater big grin It's always fun flying around and blasting everyone with laser from far away.

SamZED
edited: Double post, my bad..

Shutter Control
I also played it most with Lars and he's my main along with DJ in Tekken. Lars' style is kinda unique but I heard was similar to Iori's from KOF (what with all the lack of fist-making and palming/slapping instead) and I customized him to look like the man from KOF haermm only for a short while to make people go "ZOMG!", then gave him the rider suit back.

It's also funny playing with DJ because you don't have only the option to shoot a straight-forward laser. You can steer it to the left and/or right knocking down opponents who are at your side, of course from pretty much ANY distance on the stage since the laser does not stop at any point IIRC...then again...I think it does, but the distance is still ****ing far.

Hell Lancer
i like the fact that Lars BEAT Heihachi and could only stalemate Kazuya. Heihachi was laid out flat (although he got up, but he still says "how come you've managed to overpower me?" or something) while he and Kaz were even and were both on their last legs at the end of the fight.

and IIRC, Lars beat Jin in the final fight. it pretty much ends with Jin sitting on his knees while Lars is standing over him.

Hell Lancer
btw, I don't know about you guys but I don't like Lars. especially considering how T6 was supposed to be about Jin vs Kazuya and they turned it into retard-with-retarded-hair-prettyboy and his tin-can-sextoy running around f'ing things up..... sad

Darkstorm Zero
Well, I have always said it's about time Jin lost the limelight, but I am not entirely convinced it should have been done this way...

Hell Lancer
i agree about the fact that Jin was not the star but then i'm not sure i like Lars enough. he's alright and he's got good moves and he's certianly likeable as a character.................he just lacks the overall BADASS that makes the Mishimas. and while we're at it, i'm not sure i like the fact that even he's a damn mishima. i wouldn't mind a totally new bloodline. say, maybe even a rival bloodline. and i also wouldn't mind a new girl hero provided she's actually got a good fighting style. if its some figure skating skant it'd be a damn shame or some schoolgirl it'd also be like killing yourself by swiping your credit card in your ass till you bleed to death.

Cervantes
Based on what?

based on the fact when lars fought jin for the second time he had jin on his knee hurt and it was clearly that lars got the better of him, kazuya has a daily job at getting his ass kicked by jin so o the math

Cervantes

in the first fight jin and lars were evenly matched and both were hurt, in the second fight jin was on his knee and clearly was in worse condition than lars which leads us to the fact lars is the better fighter between him and jin and they both beat the living hell out of kazuya

Cervantes
Originally posted by FWahMaN
Mishima-blood only they drawed but once Kazuya utilizes the devil gene, Lars goes to sleep via Kazuya's telekinesis, i.e. he get's effed.

Lars is the coolest Mishima. He was my first main in 6. Gameplay-wise Lars also wins. It's amazing how many things he's done in just one game (scenario campaign intro and all cutscenes in between, but the intro has most of it and the best of him) that pretty much make it seem like he's the strongest Mishima, but looking back at what the others has done he's actually the weakest (when we consider Mishima heritage AND devil genes). He has better Mishima-blood showings then Jin and Kazuya, and is pretty much on par with Heihachi overall when we consider all the attributes of a fighter. Heihachi's mostly durability as far as we've seen. Lars was unscratched by an exploding missile and a self-destructing Jack, blitzed soldiers fast enough they weren't even able to shoot him with automatic rifles and broke the ground just shoving a soldier's head in it.

so many errors, how can lars be on par with heihatchi if lars has a legit win over heihatchi?

how is heihatchi themost durable if a jack 5 explosion sent him flying and hurt while lars was unscratched?

lars is the strongest mishima judging by fights and feats if we count out the devil versions

Cervantes
laughing out loud True. I was talking about Lee, not a number but that's enough imo even though he's not his real brother, as far as I remember Hachi adopted him, no? Jin pwning his uncle WAS kinda funny heh Kazuya was pissed he has a brother. And what he said was badass and sad..

jin did not pwn lars, in the first fight they both were hurt and stalemated, in the second fight it was clear as day light that lars bested jin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.