Martian Manhunter vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Warlord
Both bludlusted with standard equipment

Q99
Not all the time, but Wonder Woman. Her lasso cancels out his telepathy (& can even grab the intangible iirc), and she's the more skilled fighter with more endurance.

TheKahn
mhmm

I don't know why MM doesn't get the respect he deserves in comparison to his JLA compatriots (general popularity aside). Personally, I think he should easily be able to defeat WW and Superman given his diverse, high tier power-set.

Q99
Originally posted by TheKahn
mhmm

I don't know why MM doesn't get the respect he deserves in comparison to his JLA compatriots (general popularity aside). Personally, I think he should easily be able to defeat WW and Superman given his diverse, high tier power-set.

Something I've noticed is he runs out of steam faster than those two. Using alll his powers at once seems to be more draining on him than using their powers is on those two. If he uses everything, he'll have an advantage but he can't keep it up.

In this one, he has a situational disadvantages of some of his major powers are cancelled out or partially countered by the lasso.

That said, he is one of the five people on Earth Superman does not want to face in a serious fight (WW and CM seem a shoe-in for two of them, dunno who the rest are).

Martian_mind
Jonn.

Proven to be able to escape her lasso when he's ready for a fight, making her main weapon redundant.

Warlord
Jonn for me too

FrothByte
I still think that MM doesn't get as much respect as supes or wm simply coz he's not as popular. but going all out with his full powerset, and he should pretty much dominate either of the two.

Q99
Originally posted by FrothByte
I still think that MM doesn't get as much respect as supes or wm simply coz he's not as popular. but going all out with his full powerset, and he should pretty much dominate either of the two.

But, he really doesn't keep up using his full powerset long. If he busts out everything, he'll dominate at first but get tired out and they'll recover.

He can't simply phase constantly throughout the fight, it takes effort.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Jonn.

Proven to be able to escape her lasso when he's ready for a fight, making her main weapon redundant.

He hasn't gone up against the upgraded lasso though, has he?

Jonn should win the majority. He should be the toughest person to take down in the league.

If we go by how they are portrayed in the comics, then Diana gets a few more wins.

I don't know who gains more from being bloodlusted. I'll call it a draw.

Warlord
when was the lasso upgraded?

namorsubby
manhunter

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Warlord
when was the lasso upgraded?

During the Genocide arc. It's got the soul dump ability now and Genocide used it in offensive ways Diana had never thought of.

The bracers have gotten an upgrade as well.

Warlord
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
During the Genocide arc. It's got the soul dump ability now and Genocide used it in offensive ways Diana had never thought of.

thanx pal

Q99
Originally posted by Sasaraixx

I'm not sure if it's so much upgraded as unveiled- as soon as Genocide got it Diana knew the League would be no match for Genocide with it. I think it's something she always could do but never would, and probably still won't. So it's something that'll only show up in bloodlust matches, as an insta-win move.

The bracer lightning upgrade is pretty nice, though.

See: The Fernus the Burning League arc.

Naija boy
Id have to go with MM here in a no holds barred fight.

ankur29
MM

Konton
Diana for the majority.

She's got better feats in all physical areas. His telepathy is useless due to the Eye of Pallas upgrade. Her lasso has mixed results in handling Martians, mostly resulting in immobilization. Without PIS the lasso should not be escapable. At all.

Her defenses are greater than his. She's more skilled than he is. etc. etc.

She has all the means to put him down and he has... ways to evade her for a time and isn't really efficient enough to take this head to head.

What's he going to do? Go intangible and spam martian vision all day? ohai aegis bands
ohai lasso

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Naija boy
Id have to go with MM here in a no holds barred fight.

Yes, IMO MM is likea taking xavier and Superman and then throw in some random awesome stuff, intangibility and shapeshifting all in one.

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Yes, IMO MM is likea taking xavier and Superman and then throw in some random awesome stuff, intangibility and shapeshifting all in one.

i agree that MM is awesome, and has a crazy powerset. But i feel this battle is all based on his TP. If it is ineffective, then he goes down. Diana is to skilled and has better toys.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
i agree that MM is awesome, and has a crazy powerset. But i feel this battle is all based on his TP. If it is ineffective, then he goes down. Diana is to skilled and has better toys.

I thought it was always said MM is Superman's peer in strength.

He actually said this himself recently in Blackest Night. "Why do people forget I am as strong as superman" as he tosses like a city block somewhere. Seems to have zero problem flyng around with that much weight.

I do agree WW is very skilled. But MM can shapshift into a being that would give him a greater advantage (like more arms or feet). I seen what a bloodlusted Diana can do, and how Superman can dismiss her easily. I believe MM can do the same but not as easily.

r0nm0n88

He actually said this himself recently in Blackest Night. "Why do people forget I am as strong as superman" as he tosses like a city block somewhere. Seems to have zero problem flyng around with that much weight.

I do agree WW is very skilled. But MM can shapshift into a being that would give him a greater advantage (like more arms or feet). I seen what a bloodlusted Diana can do, and how Superman can dismiss her easily. I believe MM can do the same but not as easily.

I think peers and equals are different, yes mm and supes are peers, but i believe supes is stronger. With diana i think her and MM are peers, but she is a little weaker IMO. Speed equals, reflexs diana. And skill is diana. Diana should edge him out IMO due to superior fighting ability. That is of-course if The TP is ineffective like i stated before.

Q99
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
I think peers and equals are different, yes mm and supes are peers, but i believe supes is stronger. With diana i think her and MM are peers, but she is a little weaker IMO. Speed equals, reflexs diana. And skill is diana. Diana should edge him out IMO due to superior fighting ability. That is of-course if The TP is ineffective like i stated before.

I'm pretty sure they've said that Diana's the second strongest in the league and has somewhat better strength feats. Still, I'd consider them all peers- Supes>CM and WW>MM, but each '>' is just a tiny hair.

Oh yea, also importantly is MM can shapeshift to give himself more muscle, more arms, etc.. So base WW is > MM, but if J'onn pours his power into it, I think MM>Superman temporarily.

Sasaraixx

They are all peers in strength. Superman, MM, CM, WW. But as someone else said, a peer does not necessarily mean they are equal. I think Superman is stronger than all of the above, but not so much so that he puts himself in a whole new level.

We also have to be careful about just accepting character's assertions as truth. Remember when Diana said she was faster than Clark. Look how well that went over.

And no, I really don't think we've seen what a truly blood lusted Diana can do. She would be destroying souls and cutting off heads left and right. She has a lot of exotic powers she rarely uses.

Shapeshifting and Intangibility are his two greatest assets here. TP is useless and he isn't faster than her. Strength is a wash, but MM could amp himself to a degree. He may or may not be as durable. Her weapons give her an edge, but there are a number of different ways either person can prevail in this match up.

JakeTheBank
I think Diana has the tools nessacary to win this, but I don't think she curbstomps J'onn though. I'd give her 6-7/10 at most.

leonidas
lots of superman comparisons for some reason. mm would do better against kal, imo. ww just happens to be a bad match for him. he'd still take some, but i'd give her the slight majority.

Konton
Originally posted by leonidas
lots of superman comparisons for some reason

Mhm. And not a single refute to my arguments.

-Pr-
Originally posted by TheKahn
mhmm

that's exactly it, though: his powerset is amazing, but he's not the most competent at utilising it's full potential.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by -Pr-
that's exactly it, though: his powerset is amazing, but he's not the most competent at utilising it's full potential.
He did good in Blackest Night(If you're talking about MM)

As for the thread, at normal levels, MM should win

-Pr-
Originally posted by xJLxKing
He did good in Blackest Night(If you're talking about MM)

As for the thread, at normal levels, MM should win

aye. he was very good in blackest night. just wish he was like that all the time...

xJLxKing
Yup, unfortunately, he never is

BattleMage
Martian Manhunter without a doubt. 7-8/10 in a no holds barred match.

Konton
Originally posted by Konton
Diana for the majority.

She's got better feats in all physical areas. His telepathy is useless due to the Eye of Pallas upgrade. Her lasso has mixed results in handling Martians, mostly resulting in immobilization. Without PIS the lasso should not be escapable. At all.

Her defenses are greater than his. She's more skilled than he is. etc. etc.

She has all the means to put him down and he has... ways to evade her for a time and isn't really efficient enough to take this head to head.

What's he going to do to put Diana down? Go intangible and spam martian vision all day? ohai aegis bands
ohai lasso

shiv
WW likes to punch things.
MM is a shapechanger
At some point Wondy will make contact Paving the way for Manhunter to grab her, form an exosuit and raep her brain ftw.

smile

Kris Blaze
lol @ people claiming wonder woman gets respect.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by BattleMage
Martian Manhunter without a doubt. 7-8/10 in a no holds barred match.

Obviously there is a doubt if you have him losing 3 matches. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.