JLA Civil War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
Fighters:
Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Wally)
Martian Manhunter
Green Lantern (Hal)
Batman
Aquaman
Firestorm (Ronnie)
Captain Marvel

All start out in their respective cities/fortresses/islands/caves and the victor is the last one left alive.
No one else but these 9 are present on the planet and the Earth cannot be intentionally destoryed.
Bloodlust is on, CIS and PIS is off.
Who wins?

AlmightyKfish
As this is no holds barred, Wally could pretty much destroy everyone if he used the right strategy, that being neutralising Manhunter, quickly followed by Supes and Cap Marvel, before anything else happens.

If he speed steals them into statues, the speed gained from them would allow him to destroy everyone.

Q99
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
As this is no holds barred, Wally could pretty much destroy everyone if he used the right strategy, that being neutralising Manhunter, quickly followed by Supes and Cap Marvel, before anything else happens.

If he speed steals them into statues, the speed gained from them would allow him to destroy everyone.

Nah, Wonder Woman after J'onn. She has the best reflexes, she's been able to tag him at speed on several occasions. Zoom too. If he can't get her before she's ready for him, there's trouble.

Though really, Firestorm. Yea, normally he's not up there. Bloodlust, no CIS or PIS? "Hey, if we're low on water, why I don't I transmute the top few inches of the Earth's crust to H20?" -Paraphrasing Obsidian Age, and not the only time he's made similar solutions. He might be able to win this one.

Digi
You do realize that this scenario grants prep, right guys? And it's the people Batman knows best. Just saying...

Q99
Originally posted by Digi
You do realize that this scenario grants prep, right guys? And it's the people Batman knows best. Just saying...

Yea, but still, I'm scared of bloodlusted Firestorm with prep.

---

Lesse, Diana should be running around with full armor, sword of Hephaestus (cut-all), gauntlet of Atlas (x10 strength), and she'll be using her lasso ala how Genocide did (reach down into people's souls. She basically made *John Stewart* scream and collapse in a second, it's kinda insta-win).

Hm, J'onn'll go Fernus, won't he?

Clark'll gear up on Kryptonian tech and maybe sun-dip...

You know what? They're all insanely nasty, so I'll just say who loses: The planet.

Starscream M
Originally posted by TheKahn
Fighters:
Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Wally)
Martian Manhunter
Green Lantern (Hal)
Batman
Aquaman
Firestorm (Ronnie)
Captain Marvel

All start out in their respective cities/fortresses/islands/caves and the victor is the last one left alive.
No one else but these 9 are present on the planet and the Earth cannot be intentionally destoryed.
Bloodlust is on, CIS and PIS is off.
Who wins?

The winner of this fight has to be both extremely smart (tactically and strategically) as well as very powerful

List in order of elmination:

1. Aquaman - killed by Firestorm
2. Batman - killed by Superman
3. Firestorm - Killed by Martian Manhunter
4. Flash - killed by Wonder Woman
5. Captain Marvel - killed by Hal
6. Martian Manhunter - killed by Superman
7. Wonder Woman - killed by Superman
8. Hal - Killed by Superman

Superman would be the last standing if my calculations are correct

namorsubby
Batman kills everyone.

once he realizes everyone of these majorly over-powered freaks are playing for keeps, he'll experience an extreme sense of urgency, paranoia, and determination, unlike anything he's ever experience before.......this will in turn activate his highest level of strategic planning. he'll have contigency plans.......he'll have contigency plans for his contigency plans......they'll be an counter option A-Z for each of these plans(which are overlapped in other plans)......and if all else fails.......he'll just blow up the entire world(and send every innocent to mars of course)

game.set.match

edit:

Originally posted by Starscream M

3. Firestorm - Killed by Martian Manhunter

Firestorm.......killed by jonn? FIREstorm?

The Nuul
Batman win, he already has plans for everyone.

Lord Feron
NOw that Im thinking about it firestorm can be quite dangerous. PIS and CIS free... I would say he turns the earth's oxygen into some sort of poison or just turn people and places into marshmallows.

Omega Vision
Batman already has his plans to take them down so while everyone else is prepping he takes them out preemptively.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord Feron
NOw that Im thinking about it firestorm can be quite dangerous. PIS and CIS free... I would say he turns the earth's oxygen into some sort of poison or just turn people and places into marshmallows.
Can't he not transmute organic matter or some bs?

namorsubby
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Batman already has his plans to take them down so while everyone else is prepping he takes them out preemptively. I think my explanation for batman's victory sounded more dramatic......but yeah, that'll work. change mine to this thumb up

quanchi112
Batman or the Flash.

Original Smurph
This is PIS and CIS free, so Batman dies by any of their hands pretty much immediately.

Well... except Aquaman... but he's pretty much in the same boat.

namorsubby
lol...........that's funny....mainly because you used "boat" in reference to aquaman, but also because you doubt the power of the almighty bat.

you deserve to die.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Original Smurph
This is PIS and CIS free, so Batman dies by any of their hands pretty much immediately.

Well... except Aquaman... but he's pretty much in the same boat.
PIS is what keeps the JLA from setting on fire when Batman glares at them.
batmanwave

Digi
I disagree that Batman loses by default in a PIS-free environment. It's not PIS that he has a plan to take down each one. It's who he is.

Not saying he wins, necessarily. But discounting him in this kind of scenario is ludicrous. A speedblitz on the Batcave could work. Maybe. I assume it has defenses though. As soon as he's able to hide, though, sh*t would be on.

JakeTheBank
Either Hal or Batman would be the last man standing IMO. Captain Marvel may present more of a problem than some of the others simply due to his lack of weaknesses that can readily be exploited (outside of attacking him as Billy Batson).

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Either Hal or Batman would be the last man standing IMO. Captain Marvel may present more of a problem than some of the others simply due to his lack of weaknesses that can readily be exploited (outside of attacking him as Billy Batson).
That's a huge disadvantage. I'm sure Batman could artificially recreate the lightning that powers and depowers him.

JakeTheBank
That's a huge disadvantage. I'm sure Batman could artificially recreate the lightning that powers and depowers him.

To my knowledge, the only Marvels that can be affected with pseudo Shazam lightning are Freddy and Mary. Billy has been depowered by normal lightning before but only due to the Rock of Eternity's magic being wonky or Shazam himself being depowered. Assuming Billy is the sole weilder of the PoS (which considering he is one of the few people on Earth besides the other JLA members), I doubt Batman can realistically force him to revert to Batson; the only person who can here is Diana with her lasso.

And if CM decides to stay at the RoE, I can't think of anyone else who would be able to come get him.

TheKahn
Batman already has his plans to take them down so while everyone else is prepping he takes them out preemptively.

And that enough of an answer for everyone? No details are needed on exactly what those plans are, how effective they would be in this scenario, or how he's going to implement them across the globe while avoiding the other characters gunning for him?

Huh. mhmm

Kherani
Originally posted by TheKahn
And that enough of an answer for everyone? No details are needed on exactly what those plans are, how effective they would be in this scenario, or how he's going to implement them across the globe while avoiding the other characters gunning for him?

Huh. mhmm

* J'onn J'onzz is covered with nanites that converted the outer layer of his skin to magnesium, causing him to burst into flame on exposure to air. He later survives by wearing an airtight water-filled suit provided by Aquaman, then waiting till he sheds enough skin cells to function normally (something the trap's designer, Batman, ignored because he did not expect J'onn to survive so long).
* Aquaman is rendered hydrophobic due to an altered form of the Scarecrow's fear toxin. Without water, he would die in a matter of hours. J'onn uses his telepathy to help him overcome the effects of the toxin.
* Plastic Man is frozen solid, then shattered by a hammer by one of Ra's' henchmen; Flash subsequently sticks him back together and allows him to heal himself.
* Green Lantern is rendered blind by his own power ring after a post-hypnotic suggestion is introduced into his mind while he sleeps, the ring subsequently responding to his belief that he is blind by making him so.
* Thanks to a nanite through her ear, Wonder Woman is trapped in a virtual reality battle which will eventually cause her heart to give out.
* A specially designed "vibra-bullet" strikes Flash in the back of the neck, causing him to experience seizures at lightspeed; he apparently experienced days of agony in only twenty-two minutes.
* Superman's skin becomes transparent after exposure to Red Kryptonite, causing him to suffer a power overload as the sunlight that provides his powers is beamed directly into his muscles.

From Wikipedia.

Slaanesh
Wally kill them all..they are just too slow compare to him..

TheKahn
Originally posted by Kherani
* J'onn J'onzz is covered with nanites that converted the outer layer of his skin to magnesium, causing him to burst into flame on exposure to air. He later survives by wearing an airtight water-filled suit provided by Aquaman, then waiting till he sheds enough skin cells to function normally (something the trap's designer, Batman, ignored because he did not expect J'onn to survive so long).
* Aquaman is rendered hydrophobic due to an altered form of the Scarecrow's fear toxin. Without water, he would die in a matter of hours. J'onn uses his telepathy to help him overcome the effects of the toxin.
* Plastic Man is frozen solid, then shattered by a hammer by one of Ra's' henchmen; Flash subsequently sticks him back together and allows him to heal himself.
* Green Lantern is rendered blind by his own power ring after a post-hypnotic suggestion is introduced into his mind while he sleeps, the ring subsequently responding to his belief that he is blind by making him so.
* Thanks to a nanite through her ear, Wonder Woman is trapped in a virtual reality battle which will eventually cause her heart to give out.
* A specially designed "vibra-bullet" strikes Flash in the back of the neck, causing him to experience seizures at lightspeed; he apparently experienced days of agony in only twenty-two minutes.
* Superman's skin becomes transparent after exposure to Red Kryptonite, causing him to suffer a power overload as the sunlight that provides his powers is beamed directly into his muscles.

From Wikipedia.

All those were effective due to drastically different circumstances than the ones in this scenario being essentially one-sided and arguably impossible for Batman to replicate here given the sheer magnitude of resources Ra's Al Ghul was able to call upon to implement them.

If Batman is supposedly the most dangerous person among the fighters as some believe, what's to stop the rest of the contestants taking him out well before he's able to do anything as elaborate as the above?

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Bat-prep is overrated outside of a very specific set of plot circumstances.

Martian_mind
Jonn.

eternal lifespan and phasing = waiting game FTW.

BattleMage
I'd go with C.M.

Q99
Can't he not transmute organic matter or some bs?

Old one couldn't, new one can.

Kasper Gutman
I think Supes would go straight for the batcave and try to off Batman in seconds. Batman knows that's going to happen and pulls out his piece of kryptonite and were down one superman. In that scenario I'd have Captain Marvel as the last one standing even over Flash. I think Flash eventually gets tagged by one of the strong speedy types.

Q99
The thing about CM is, he really doesn't have any prep upgrades, does he? Not on his own at least- the Shadowpact boosted him with the freely offered magic of every mage on Earth, but that's a different story, he can't do that on his own.

Nothing like destroying people's souls, transmuting the atmosphere, and so on.

Juntai
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
I think Supes would go straight for the batcave and try to off Batman in seconds. Batman knows that's going to happen and pulls out his piece of kryptonite and were down one superman. In that scenario I'd have Captain Marvel as the last one standing even over Flash. I think Flash eventually gets tagged by one of the strong speedy types. Supes wouldn't go after Bat's first just because of that.. Superman gave Batman the Kryptonite -to- stop him. Why would he go run head-on into it?

Hal might though, since he openly considers Batman the most dangerous of the team.

Some of the resources in Batman's cave probably justify the level of thinking too. Attacking him there is almost suicide.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Juntai
Supes wouldn't go after Bat's first just because of that.. Superman gave Batman the Kryptonite -to- stop him. Why would he go run head-on into it?

Hal might though, since he openly considers Batman the most dangerous of the team.

Some of the resources in Batman's cave probably justify the level of thinking too. Attacking him there is almost suicide.

Why? Many of the fighters possess the ability to destroy the Batcave and presumably Batman from a safe distance (again in a bloodlusted scenario). I'm not sure how Batman survives full force heat vision or a GL energy attack from near obit for example much less how he would counter attack effectively.

Keep in mind that many of the characters have the ability to attack Batman within the first moments of the fight thanks to their speed. I'm not exactly how much time he going to have for "prep" anyway.

Give Batman a year or two in a completely one-sided prep scenario and give him the element of surprise to implement them, and he might have a chance of taking down the rest of the fighters. Other than that, he goes down hard against some of the most powerful characters in DC, imo.

Starscream M

Some of the resources in Batman's cave probably justify the level of thinking too. Attacking him there is almost suicide. Superman or Hal or Firestorm could all easily destroy batcave, Wayne Manor, Gotham, with little effort.

Tha C-Master
Flash or Firestorm IMO. Bats is powerful but on KMC, what could he do in lightspeed reaction time, how would he activate it? Even if he had a button that made them all detonate, he wouldn't be able to push it fast enough. Well maybe he can... dunno.

Bentley
Martian Manhunter via mind controlling Wally.

Naija boy
MM or Flash id say.

Omega Vision
In a comic Batman would win but consider that Martian Manhunter can probably mind rape all of them save Wonder Woman without actually being close to them and then its just him vs Wonder Woman and I'd say he wins. So in KMC MM wins.

Bouboumaster
Batman or Superman or Martian Manhunter

Juntai
In a comic Batman would win but consider that Martian Manhunter can probably mind rape all of them save Wonder Woman without actually being close to them and then its just him vs Wonder Woman and I'd say he wins. So in KMC MM wins. JLA classified 45, Batman keeps a device that prevents Martian Manhunter's telepathy from working on him.

He also has a device that made his brainwaves untraceable to the white martians.

I also doubt it works on Superman or Captain Marvel.

And he'd probably have to outfight Aquaman, rather than mental battle him- which he can do, though.

Omega Vision
I think consensus is Aquaman loses.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Digi
I disagree that Batman loses by default in a PIS-free environment. It's not PIS that he has a plan to take down each one. It's who he is.

Not saying he wins, necessarily. But discounting him in this kind of scenario is ludicrous. A speedblitz on the Batcave could work. Maybe. I assume it has defenses though. As soon as he's able to hide, though, sh*t would be on. With no time to prepare before hand, it's ludicrous to think that Batman would be able to defend against all 7 of the opponents who could kill him with a thought, faster than any one of them actually goes through with it.

If (and this is a big if) Batman happens to have an immediate at-hand solution for each of his opponents, he needs to implement all of them, in addition to raising any defenses that the batcave has, and accessing a telepathy-blocking device before any one of his bloodlusted, planet-destroying opponents THINKS with superhuman speed that they want to kill batman.

In comics, given appropriate prep time and a plot that requires his presence, yes, that's who he is. Take away the need for Batman to survive, take away his prep time and make his opponents bloodlusted, he doesn't stand a chance.

Q99
They're pretty close normally, but fully geared up? I think WW stomps him (10x strength. Soul-raping lasso. Enchanted armor. Sword of Hephaestus).

Something else in her favor is that in bloodlust-evil mode, she's not only physically much more dangerous for the kill, the Lasso can also be used to turn the others against each other. Make them go berserk and have Batman blame Superman for his parents being shot or J'onn blame the others for the destruction of Mars. It's pretty sick.

And he'd probably have to outfight Aquaman, rather than mental battle him- which he can do, though.

I don't think he could do it in hand to hand, but it's relatively easy to set a trap for Aquaman/make a device that'd kill him, when compared to the others.

Sasaraixx
How is prep being assessed here. Does Batman *begin* prepping from the time the battle starts or does he already have all of his plans laid out before the battle actually begins? If it's the latter, than I think he would probably be the last one standing. If not, he's probably the first one out. Why? Because Hal, Diana or Clark know not to give him a moment to cook something up and they would be gunning for him.

If WW is fully geared, then she wins this. The only threat to her would be if Clark gets a Sun-dip, but he'd have to leave the planet to do that. None of the others are taking down WW with ALL of her gear. Period.

If she doesn't have all her gear, then I think I'll go with MM.

I know that was a bit all over the place, lol, so to recap:

1. Batman or Wonder Woman (depending on what is allowed with prep)
2. Manhunter (barring any special prep for the above 2)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.