Bayonetta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
metacritic gave it a higher score than the did for:

Guitar Hero II 92
Rock Band 92
Batman: Arkham Asylum 92
Forza Motorsport 3 92
Rock Band 2 92
Assassin's Creed II 91
Mass Effect 91

thay gave it a 96.

it's from sega. the game's a hack and slaher and is said to be like of god of war and devil may cry. it's supose to have great gameplay, ultra stylish move and ridiculous graphics.

i'll do more research on it for myself. it's coming out in a few days.

Ms.Marvel
clickie! smile

Juk3n
Played it, it's awsome. Edge Magazine don't give out 10s but once or twice a year, and Bayonetta claimed it in 2009.

Played it, Loved it. Can't wait for the PAL release it's a defo must buy simply because i can't wait to see all the different locales/enemies/bosses there are further on than the demo allowed. It's not on such a serious tone as DMC. If you are the type of gamer that bought imports for your Sega saturn and Dreamcast, you'll love this because you have a deep routed love for anything sega. The soundtrack is absolute JPOP heaven (a trademark of sega some would say), you can hear the influence of all the great sega japan OST producers. Graphically it takes a different approach from DMC, a little more surrealism, but you can defo see similarities. Try the DEMO on your next gen console.

Scythe
It's alright.

Shutter Control
Wouldn't buy it since the main character is female and you have to play as her. Nothing of course against females. They're hot as hell and love them. Just can't stand playing as one. Gotta be playing as a kick ass dude or else.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Shutter Control
Wouldn't buy it since the main character is female and you have to play as her. Nothing of course against females. They're hot as hell and love them. Just can't stand playing as one. Gotta be playing as a kick ass dude or else.

Thats just a silly reason.

Shutter Control
Well if I just don't enjoy it as much as playing as a male character, that's something I can't help.

Kazenji
Yeah and theres just as many female characters out there that have as much firepower as the male counter part.

Shutter Control
Sure, what I said had something to do with firepower.

no expression

AsbestosFlaygon
Shit, there's like 20+ games on my wantlist now.

I'm going to buy the 360 version, since it was rated higher than the PS3 version.

BoratBorat
Hack and slash games bore me to death generally.

jaden101
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
metacritic gave it a higher score than the did for:

Guitar Hero II 92
Rock Band 92
Batman: Arkham Asylum 92
Forza Motorsport 3 92
Rock Band 2 92
Assassin's Creed II 91
Mass Effect 91

thay gave it a 96.

it's from sega. the game's a hack and slaher and is said to be like of god of war and devil may cry. it's supose to have great gameplay, ultra stylish move and ridiculous graphics.

i'll do more research on it for myself. it's coming out in a few days.

Metacritic doesn't really give scores. It just averages all the scores from other sites.

It only also has a 93 rating...Not a 96.

FistOfThe North
hm, your right. could've sworn i saw it at 96 yesterday. i may've went down. o well.

anyway it's getting rave reviews all across the board from reputable vid game site and magazines so it must be a good game.

check it out..

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/bayonetta

No End N Site
I'm so gonna get this game...if not soon then eventually. Big fan of Hideki Kamiya and I found most of the games he's involved with to be some of the best ever. The score on Metacritic is high too, that only makes me want this more.

Got a tough decision to make. Bayonetta, Uncharted 2, or MW2? I have to buy one of these games this week, but which one, Hmmmm...

Zack Fair
Played the demo. Nice fun.

Kazenji
Sure, what I said had something to do with firepower.

no expression

Yeah.....okay

better watch out for them girl cooties...

Wei Phoenix

Homo...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by No End N Site
I'm so gonna get this game...if not soon then eventually. Big fan of Hideki Kamiya and I found most of the games he's involved with to be some of the best ever. The score on Metacritic is high too, that only makes me want this more.

Got a tough decision to make. Bayonetta, Uncharted 2, or MW2? I have to buy one of these games this week, but which one, Hmmmm...

Not MW2.

Smasandian
Played the demo.

Never got into it. Going to pass.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Smasandian
Played the demo.

Never got into it. Going to pass. High five.

S_D_J
so what's the deal with this thing that makes it better than FFXIII?

I heard the graphics are mediocre... is it any good?

Morridini
Played the demo yesterday, thought it looked good from the trailers, but really didn't enjoy it for some reason.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by S_D_J

I heard the graphics are mediocre... is it any good? Nothing, just another generic hack and slash game.

Smasandian
It had a weird haze around the game and the action was way to busy for me. I had no idea what I was doing.

Some games work well like that, for example, No More Heroes because its ridiculous. It didn't work for me on this game.

It's getting great reviews from critics but it looks like a hardcore game that reviewers tend to love.

S_D_J
I read the IGN review... there was barely anything I could get excited about... might as well try out the demo

Zack Fair
I liked the demo.

Juk3n

apple and oranges mate..might aswell be asking what makes Fifa better than Gran Turismo?!%^&

SaTsuJiN
the graphics are what you'd expect.. but it is very stylish.. (I'm basing this off the demo, but).. there seems to be a lot of combo choices, and the fights are very nice (presentation wise), and very fast, which I'm sure will appeal to DMC addicts.. the finishers are there for people who like the extra umph..

overall I was very pleased with the demo, but I wont buy simply because I'm not all that interested in spending 60 bucks for single player games

Juk3n
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
not all that interested in spending 60 bucks for single player games

You didnt buy Uncharted? Mass Effect? Bioshock? Half-Life 2? Assassins Creed 1& 2? Won't be buying God of War 3? Never bought Shadow of the colossus? Never bought any FF Series???

Wow you must miss out on alot of triple A stuff.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Juk3n
apple and oranges mate..might aswell be asking what makes Fifa better than Gran Turismo?!%^& I was thinkin' that. What a strange question.

S_D_J
apple and oranges mate..might aswell be asking what makes Fifa better than Gran Turismo?!%^&

I was talking about the (japanese) Famitsu score: a perfect 40... while FFXIII got a 39 big grin

about that: I'm pretty sure it was the PS3 version the japs reviewed, while here it's said the PS3 vesion it's a poor port no expression

I know they're totally different... it's just that almost every reviewer gets wet over this game, and I fail to see the reason

btw: the ball makes Fifa better wink

ESB -1138
You didnt buy Uncharted? Mass Effect? Bioshock? Half-Life 2? Assassins Creed 1& 2? Won't be buying God of War 3? Never bought Shadow of the colossus? Never bought any FF Series???

Don't forget Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Okami, Ninja Gaiden series, Knights of the Old Republic, Devil May Cry series, and the list just goes on and on over great single player games.

SaTsuJiN

I heard the graphics are mediocre... is it any good?

what walking turd compared this to FF 13? laughing out loud .. they're way too different

thats like.. "oh snap, re5 was so much better than the new mario game for wii!"

I only actually purchased 2 FF titles (both of which I didnt finish), and half life 2 has a multiplayer component, so I did snag that (plus it came with CS source)

as for the others, didnt get em.. the replay value just goes down the toilet for me just cuz I cant enjoy / compete in them with friends

also, note that I said 60 bucks.. which is mostly aimed towards 360 / ps3

I am still a metroid / zelda fan.. but as the price on games goes higher these days I've been filtering out some of the games that I can really do without until they hit the clearance rack

S_D_J
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
what walking turd compared this to FF 13? laughing out loud .. they're way too different

thats like.. "oh snap, re5 was so much better than the new mario game for wii!"

well: they're both games, and they've both been rated... that's as much as they will ever be alike but is a basis I can run with, and as such, I can compare them: apples and apples

genres have nothing to do with rating.... (even though a rating is just a flat, often meaningless number)

big grin

btw: RE5 was so much better than "same-30-year-old-thing-you-still-buy-time-and-time-again Mario Bros" wink

Doctor-Alvis
I've seen this game in action. It's as ridiculous as you'd expect from a game where the lady does handstands and fires guns from her shoes and the game clearly knows this. I thought it was pretty funny.

AsbestosFlaygon
I have the 360 version.. Just finished it a little while ago.

I'd give it 3.5/4 stars out of 5.

Honestly, I enjoyed DMC more than this game. Still, it's a good buy.

S_D_J
I'm much more interested in Darksiders

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I have the 360 version.. Just finished it a little while ago.

I'd give it 3.5/4 stars out of 5.

Honestly, I enjoyed DMC more than this game. Still, it's a good buy.

enjoyed DMC4 more than this?.. it seemed to have more combos than your typical DMC outing

First_Tsurugi06
Just when you thought "Let's rock, Baby!" was bad enough
KTvgW2LpEfc

dadudemon

Indeed. I like the "single player" games and those are pretty much the only type I play. (I hate MMO and FPS games require hours to play and memorize maps to be competitive with the 14-year-old trash talker: not very appealing to me and my time.)

About this game: My coworker said that this was over the top "sexy" in a game and, therefore, a waste of time. He said that I'd be better off getting a hack-n-slash game like God-of-War II or III, and then getting hentai, cause both do better at what this game tries to combine. I haven't played it, only seen the demo, and I'm so-so about hack and slash titles.

Nemesis X
The PS3 version of Bayonetta sucks!

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The PS3 version of Bayonetta sucks!

At least it's getting patched though only the load times are getting repaired.

sushi&toast
to tell you the truth i didnt like the game... i finished the game and all but i didnt like it and i do like devil may cry, the problem with this game is first of all very long loading times, second of all the cretures you fight are too wierd and idiotic looking i cant understand wtf are they suppose to be, you barelly fight any fighters most of the game you just fight a huge monster and repeat the same monster after 2 levels its like shadow of the colossus you fight a huge monster and thats the end of the level , and the last and most anoying thing is that the pace of the game is too fast and you cant understand wtf is going on all you see is bayonetta jumping and doing some moves that are too fast to be understood but you just press the evade move and continue to press the combos you remember without seing them or understanding them i am sorry but for me this game suck

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by sushi&toast
to tell you the truth i didnt like the game... i finished the game and all but i didnt like it and i do like devil may cry, the problem with this game is first of all very long loading times, second of all the cretures you fight are too wierd and idiotic looking i cant understand wtf are they suppose to be, you barelly fight any fighters most of the game you just fight a huge monster and repeat the same monster after 2 levels its like shadow of the colossus you fight a huge monster and thats the end of the level , and the last and most anoying thing is that the pace of the game is too fast and you cant understand wtf is going on all you see is bayonetta jumping and doing some moves that are too fast to be understood but you just press the evade move and continue to press the combos you remember without seing them or understanding them i am sorry but for me this game suck

Don't blame Bayonetta. Blame the PS3 version for having terrible flaws.

Try the game on XBOX 360. But you're probably like me and don't have one. Sad sad

Zack Fair
Wha?

S_D_J
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Don't blame Bayonetta. Blame the PS3 version for having terrible flaws.

Try the game on XBOX 360. But you're probably like me and don't have one. Sad sad

laughing

you're kidding, right?

The only PS3 specific problem he mention was the loading time, everything else has nothing to do with the system

If he didn't like it, he won't anywhere else.

I still have to check out this gem myself, I really don't trust all the hype around it

Sin_Volvagia
laughing

you're kidding, right?

The only PS3 specific problem he mention was the loading time, everything else has nothing to do with the system

If he didn't like it, he won't anywhere else.

I still have to check out this gem myself, I really don't trust all the hype around it

He mentions Bayonetta moving too fast and being hard to see. I was thinking about the grainy graphics.

sushi&toast
well its not just her hair i mean her attackes are too fast and wierd so you cant understand what she is doing and you also always have to keep an eye on theenemy so you basically just pressing the combos without seing or understanding what she is doing its like taz the tasmanian devil when he spins around cant see a shit , in games like god of war or darksiders or prince of persia pr even devil may cry you can see the moves but here its just too fast and weird looking to be understood now some people like it some dont i just dont

the huge boss fights sometimes repeat in the game most of them are not but still this is a 16 chapter game each chapter is a short level and some of the levels are just defeat the huge monster and thats it the level is over and you can beat the monster in like 2 minutes and when you finish the entire game you go like wtf did just happen? thats why people play thisgame again and again because when you finish it once you feel like you didnt do anything

FWahMaN
sushi&toast...that same reply you made is what you pm'd me. no expression

sushi&toast
because its the hard truth

FWahMaN
hturt drah eht sti esuaceb

sushi&toast
every player that played the game know its the truth

FWahMaN
Alright we got the message, now please...

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu6.jpg

sushi&toast

well its not just her hair i mean her attackes are too fast and wierd so you cant understand what she is doing and you also always have to keep an eye on theenemy so you basically just pressing the combos without seing or understanding what she is doing its like taz the tasmanian devil when he spins around cant see a shit , in games like god of war or darksiders or prince of persia pr even devil may cry you can see the moves but here its just too fast and weird looking to be understood now some people like it some dont i just dont

the huge boss fights sometimes repeat in the game most of them are not but still this is a 16 chapter game each chapter is a short level and some of the levels are just defeat the huge monster and thats it the level is over and you can beat the monster in like 2 minutes and when you finish the entire game you go like wtf did just happen? thats why people play thisgame again and again because when you finish it once you feel like you didnt do anything

Sin_Volvagia

WTF? Is it necessary to make repeats of posts and in different threads?

I'm starting to think sushi is a spambot.

Peach

I think everyone got the point the first time you posted that.

sushi&toast
Originally posted by Peach
I think everyone got the point the first time you posted that.

i just really dont like this game too wierd and fast to enjoy it loading times too long, too fast to see what the hell is going on there, strange looking monsters, you fight the same bosses over and over, crapy music, crapy story... and you play with a female.... i didnt like the game at all but at least its hard so here is 1 point for bayonetta

Sin_Volvagia
i just really dont like this game too wierd and fast to enjoy it loading times too long, too fast to see what the hell is going on there, strange looking monsters, you fight the same bosses over and over, crapy music, crapy story... and you play with a female.... i didnt like the game at all but at least its hard so here is 1 point for bayonetta

Go play the 360 version and try telling me if things are hard to see or if the load times are botherseome.

Strange-looking monsters? Right and Devil May Cry doesn't have that?

Same bosses over and over? Yeah, that was kinda annoying at first.

Impediment
I just played the demo for PS3.

Pretty, but kinda sloppy.

It screams "Female Devil May Cry".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.