Is Harry Potter Gay?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xXkellieXx
rolling on floor laughing I don't know if he is or not. That's why I started this freaking topic! rolling on floor laughing

scampett94
i think he is

allofyousuckkk
..he gets married.. and theres nothing in the books to indicate that?

One Free Man
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
..he gets married.. and theres nothing in the books to indicate that? he is good at covering his candy ass.

siriuswriter
harry potter is not gay. we see what he's thinking the through all the books - never does he think about a guy in terms of attraction or desire... but girls - cho chang, ginny weasley, etc. they have flawless skin or shining red hair the color of the sun...

when characters start making metaphors about the aspects of someone's body, they're generally attracted to that.

and harry never mentions guys with "a voice as deep and soothing as a lion" or whatever.

so canon : no.

obviously, anything and everything can happen in fanfiction.

Saskaswan
He's not gay, he liked that Scottish girl. Remember smile

xJLxKing
lol

thecallofktulu
What made you think that Harry Potter is gay? Of course not because in the last chapter he got married and have a child. How could a gay do that?

Saskaswan
Originally posted by thecallofktulu
What made you think that Harry Potter is gay? Of course not because in the last chapter he got married and have a child. How could a gay do that?

Spoiler.... now i know Harry lived happily every after sad

Robtard
Likely not, but he's definitely is ghey.

Robtard
Originally posted by thecallofktulu
Of course not because in the last chapter he got married and have a child. How could a gay do that?

1) Get married to a woman.

2) Have sex with and inseminate said woman.

3) Woman gives birth

Tired-Hiker
He might be a closet gay. I think he went for Ginny Weasley because she looks like her brother, Ron, who Harry actually has the hots for.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Saskaswan
Spoiler.... now i know Harry lived happily every after sad

Not if he is actually gay.

Moscow
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
He might be a closet gay. I think he went for Ginny Weasley because she looks like her brother, Ron, who Harry actually has the hots for.

laughing classic

danis4ever
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker

funny eek!

appleptree
He is not, he has got married.

Skittle
Originally posted by Saskaswan
He's not gay, he liked that Scottish girl. Remember smile

Not gay.
Just a poor choice in women.

ADarksideJedi
Being that he married Ginny I doubt it.However Dumbore on the other hand.

Peytons
no i think he was boy not gay,...

Rapscallion
Originally posted by Robtard
1) Get married to a woman.

2) Have sex with and inseminate said woman.

3) Woman gives birth

thank you

roughrider
If you are talking about the book & film series in general, then Yes.
Harry Potter is gay. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Then why does he marry Ginny and have kids?

the ninjak
He's Bi.

siriuswriter
look, jk already came out and told us dumbles was gay - which, to me, was much much much more of a shock than if she had come out and said harry were gay. david thewlis has said he always thought remus was gay...
JK is honest with da fans. Harry's not gay. Sorry.

Brittanyy11
I don't think Harry Potter is gay because he likes Ginny Weasley. Why would people think he is gay?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Brittanyy11
I don't think Harry Potter is gay because he likes Ginny Weasley. Why would people think he is gay? It's almost always people who hate the series in general. You should see the bullshit they post in the Movie versus Forum.

maham
He loves Ginny, had a relationship with Cho Chang. How could he be gay? This is just another stupid speculation about natural inclination of a famous character just cuz it's famous.

Rapscallion
Originally posted by maham
He loves Ginny, had a relationship with Cho Chang. How could he be gay?

Because obviously no gay man has ever been in a relationship with a woman or been in love with a woman... confused

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Then why does he marry Ginny and have kids?

Originally posted by maham
He loves Ginny, had a relationship with Cho Chang. How could he be gay? This is just another stupid speculation about natural inclination of a famous character just cuz it's famous.
See:
http://thepulpit.freedomblogging.com/files/2010/08/ted_haggard_110306_FRESH1.jpg

seoinlosangeles
Considerably, the post is actually the best on this notable topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. I will at once grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Authentic work and much success in your business endeavors!

knight
I think this topic is Gay... (Dik Head)

Only the mentality of a Numpty! to start a post such as this... Get Real

maxman1180
definitely NOOO..

Bigon
He does keep describing Draco Malfoy in ways that indicate sexual attraction, such as noticing when Draco's face is flushed or his eyes are sparkling. A budding heterosexual never notices other boys in that way. And he takes to stalking Malfoy for a period during their sixth year. Furthermore, when he sees Voldemort in memories by means of Dumbledore's Pensieve he subjects the reader to gushing descriptions of how handsome Voldemort was despite being haggard etc.

A budding heterosexual would NEVER EVER describe a man who he knew to be his arch-enemy in those terms.

As to his attraction to Ginny... ignore the ridiculous chest monster and try analysing it.

1) When Ginny has finally grown into her looks, she is a beautiful red headed Gryffindor girl - like Harry's mother was. Harry has issues relating to a desire to recreate the story of Lily and James as it SHOULD have been. So his interest in Ginny indicates an incestuous fantasy.

2) Ginny reminds him of Molly. Molly was sort of like a surrogate mother in some instances so it is doubley incestuous.

3) Ginny is Ron's sister. Ron really is like a surrogate brother so it is trebley incestuous.

Evidently it indicates a lot of deep seated issues Harry has that are more important than sexuality!

Add to that the fact that Harry never notices a girl or woman's breasts or buttocks or anything of that kind. These are visual stimuli for heterosexual boys. At most he only remarks on how pretty their faces and hair are, which even a straight girl or a budding gay boy might do. And his short relationship with Cho does not indicate that he is attracted to her since he is vaguely repulsed by the idea of having to hold her hand.

And at the time of the Yule Ball he tells the reader that he had never noticed that Hogwarts has a lot of girls. Because up until then he mainly thought about other boys, such as Draco, Ron, Krum and Diggory. The idea of having to take one to the Ball is a real chore, akin to having to face the Hungarian Horntail. I can go on if you want...

Bigon
Originally posted by siriuswriter
look, jk already came out and told us dumbles was gay - which, to me, was much much much more of a shock than if she had come out and said harry were gay. david thewlis has said he always thought remus was gay...
JK is honest with da fans. Harry's not gay. Sorry.

JKR does not do subtle. If asked whether Remus were gay, she would go "but I didn't dress him in purple and he already has a dark secret (lycanthropy)"

The fact that Remus and Harry come across as gay is down to her ineptitude as an author, not her design. A heterosexual lady who is an inept author will very likely mess up and give important male characters her own sexuality without intending to do so.

siriuswriter
Okay, where in the films does your gay-dar start to beep?

Bigon
The films do not stand alone, they are a visual adjunct to the books.

Remus was played skillfully as a gay man in Prisoner of Azkaban, but then came the forced, unconvincing romance with Tonks that had to be worked into it forcing the actor to change his style... But Remus is a character who always does what is easy instead of what is right. He does come across as the kind of character who would react to pressure and marry a woman he wasn't that into and then try to evade the responsibilities that ensue (his wife's wellbeing, the babies etc.)

siriuswriter
I agree with your post. Remus was much more at ease with himself. I hardly saw Tonks and Remus together and then we follow on the tails of the Trio the rest of the film. They don't come to Bill and Fleur's wedding, as Remus wants them to stay underground.

Actors make their own interpretation of the character, and to Thewlis he would play Remus as he saw him in the books, the way he played him. He said after it "came out" that Dumbles was gay that he played Thewlis as "a gay addict," which actually makes sense in a way. Remus never wanted children as he was afraid they would be werewolves, and of course he had his monthly problem and so would always look overweary at that time.

roughrider
Originally posted by roughrider
If you are talking about the book & film series in general, then Yes.
Harry Potter is gay. stick out tongue

I was just poking the bear at the time. I don't really think that.

Now, those fans of Twilight and The Hunger Games - easy pickings there. stick out tongue

siriuswriter
of Twilight, definitely. The Hunger Games - not so much. At least they're not one long convoluted "I must have you! But you are a mortal and I am a vampire and so I shall scowl and sparkle to impress you because I don't want to press vampirism on you so I'm going to make myself irresistible which shouldn't be hard to do since you're so insecure and will eventually follow my plans anyway. MWAHAHAHAH!"

roughrider
The Hunger Games fans on IMDB are very defensive about their book being called a plagiarized ripoff of Battle Royale, plus The Running Man.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by xXkellieXx
Is Harry Potter Gay?

Hm.. you be the judge...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nLgnCRPOBSw/TMHyLnSwIVI/AAAAAAAABaE/VMHrETaRG48/s1600/harry-gay.jpg

http://dailybrunch.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/harry_potter_gay.jpg

Not only is he gay, but he's a sl#t.

siriuswriter
oh good. one of you guys again.

Patient_Leech
Don't give me that look, siriuswriter. no expression

the ninjak
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAaaa!!!!

siriuswriter
I see what you did thurr. dots

sshukla05111
i think no

Katya
Obvious troll is obvious .

no_1_movie_fan
How is he gay when he liked Cho and Ginny?

siriuswriter
!yay! needless bumping.

rudester
could be its hard to tell these days, infact the first time I went to the gay club I was suprised to notice their were most st8 acting guys then fammers...(femmy) He could be but so could anyone...I dont think humans are just one thing, I think we all have the power to be one thing at one time then another at a different time....|I dont think he is..hes just weird...

Placidity
I think Harry Potter is fabulous.

hiphoplover8
Well,

1st - Why would he hate Malfoy when malfoy appears to be gay wink
2nd - Why is he so inclined to Ginnie
3rd - nothing is stated in the books that would suggest he is gay,

So my guess is NO

Telpy
Originally posted by hiphoplover8
Well,

1st - Why would he hate Malfoy when malfoy appears to be gay wink
2nd - Why is he so inclined to Ginnie
3rd - nothing is stated in the books that would suggest he is gay,

So my guess is NO

Hold up - in what universe is Malfoy gay when he obviously is crushing on Hermio- oooooo, you're talking about the books? wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.