John McClane versus Rambo...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
First of all, NOT a spite thread. Read on and be objective....

Rambo happens to be in Nakatomi as Hans and his cronies attack. McClane and Rambo obviously make quick work of them.

McClane is on his way to get Holly, who has been hiding in her office. Rambo is on his way to the lobby. They run into one another on the mid levels of Nakatomi. Mac thinks Rambo is a terrorist, and vice versa.

Both are at full strength, no injuries (Mac has no glass in his feet.)

Mac has his Beretta with 5 spare mags, and his submachine gun with 8 spare mags.

Rambo has a .45 with 3 spare mags, and Karl's machine gun with five spare mags. No bowie knife. he broke it off in Karl's ass.

As the battle begins, they are around 50 feet from each other, and there is cover everywhere.

Who wins?

dadudemon
Rambo. Cause he is more skilled, has better damage soak, and killed more people in all of his films.

Also, Rambo is a better shot, and a faster shot.

Also, Rambo was and is in better shape than John McClane ever was or is.

Rambo also is a better H2H fighter.

Rambo doesn't need luck. He makes his own luck by ripping Luck's head off, biting out it's Larynx and using the larynx as chewing tobacco, and shooting people through Luck's bowels, just to silence his shots.

Rogue Jedi
I agree, but you gotta remember Mac has experience fighting in this environment, Rambo does not.

Damage soak is close, I dunno how well Rambo would have done with glass in his feet.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I agree, but you gotta remember Mac has experience fighting in this environment, Rambo does not.

No he doesn't. If McClane is in the Nakomi building, this is Die Hard 1. They both would have equal experience, at that point.

Damage soak is close, I dunno how well Rambo would have done with glass in his feet.

I disagree. Rambo survived with bullets in his abdoomen. Rambo wouldn't have even flinched when he stepped into the class. He would have just used the shards in his feet to roundhouse kick and decapitate someone's head of and then said, "American. American." while pointing to himself.

Rogue Jedi
Agreed, but Mac seemed to take to it like a duck to water.

Bullets in the abdomen?

dadudemon
Agreed, but Mac seemed to take to it like a duck to water.

Bullets in the abdomen?
I meant "bullet"

But, it was actually shrapnel.

Rogue Jedi
It was in his side.

dadudemon
It was in his side.

It was through his abdomen. Front to back. That would include the side. But calling it just "the side" would greatly downnlay what actually happened there. It was not just a superficial graze. It was through his abdomen. Front to back.

Rogue Jedi
I wonder how well Rambo would fare with glass in his feet.

dadudemon
I wonder how well Rambo would fare with glass in his feet.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Rambo wouldn't have even flinched when he stepped into the lass. He would have just used the shards in his feet to roundhouse kick and decapitate someone's head of and then said, "American. American." while pointing to himself.

big grin

Rogue Jedi
I dont think its such an easy Rambo victory, dude.

Sadako of Girth
Rambo. Cause he is more skilled, has better damage soak, and killed more people in all of his films.

Rambo doesn't need luck. He makes his own luck by ripping Luck's head off, biting out it's Larynx and using the larynx as chewing tobacco, and shooting people through Luck's bowels, just to silence his shots.

Better shot that a man whom, with a snubnose 38, took out a phone cable from like 40 ft away...?
Faster/better shot than a man who drew a ducttaped pistol (from behind his shoulders, no less) and immediately headshotted one guy and caught the other guy while he was partially covered by a hostage...? Rambos more of a machine gun sprayer.

I totally agree that Rambo's physical fitness was better/sharper than McClane's in the first three Rambo movies..
But many many of McClane's victims have been fitter than he was.
Ultimately, all it made them in the end was a fitter corpse.

Yeah H2H is something that I'll have to take your word for, as its been ages since I watched these movies, and I largely remember most of Rambos action being shooting, stabbing kinda stuff.
And all that world class fort bragg training and stuff..?
McClane killed a couple of squads of those guys in DH2 alone.

Actually Rambo has needed luck. He wouldn't ever have made it out of that gourge in FB otherwise.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Better shot that a man whom, with a snubnose 38, took out a phone cable from like 40 ft away...?
Faster/better shot than a man who drew a ducttaped pistol (from behind his shoulders, no less) and immediately headshotted one guy and caught the other guy while he was partially covered by a hostage...? Rambos more of a machine gun sprayer.

I totally agree that Rambo's physical fitness was better/sharper than McClane's in the first three Rambo movies..

Yeah H2H is something that I'll have to take your word for, as its been ages since I watched these movies, and I largely remember most of Rambos action being shooting, stabbing kinda stuff.

Actually Rambo has needed luck. He wouldn't ever have made it out of that gourge in FB otherwise.

The gorge? You mean where he killed Galt, and got the arm scar?

-Pr-

thumb up

Rogue Jedi
Rambo is not a better shot, man.

-Pr-
Rambo is not a better shot, man.

what shots of mcclane's do you think make him better than rambo?

Robtard

Case closed.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by -Pr-
what shots of mcclane's do you think make him better than rambo? The .38 snub nose shot sadako quoted.

-Pr-
The .38 snub nose shot sadako quoted.

ah. that was pretty impressive. i'd still take rambo, though, tbh.

Rogue Jedi
As for the damage soak question:

Rambo is trained to deal with pain, to take damage and keep on going. McClane? He just....you know......does it. No training like Rambo, he just sucks it up and presses on.

dadudemon

Oh hell yes, Rambo is a better shot.

Rambo is a better shot at much farther than 40 feet out, with a damn bow and arrow. He took out 4-5 guys, with his bow, alone. Every shot was a bullseye, cept for one...but it looks like he was setting up the dude to land on the mine. Each shot was greater than 100 feet. That was just with a bow and some arrows.

Rambo took out an entire boot of pirates in like, less than 2 seconds. He killed, and bullseyed like 7 dudes, with a handgun. Much faster than anything McClane every did.

Watch the last Rambo movie. In fact, watch all of them.

I totally agree that Rambo's physical fitness was better/sharper than McClane's ...

Youre also forgetting that Rambo fought an entire army, at once. Unlike McClane having to take them down, one at a time.

I'd say watch the Rambo flics again. Just the lastest Rambo has feats in it that trump all of McClane's.

Rogue Jedi

Rambo is a better shot at much farther than 40 feet out, with a damn bow and arrow. He took out 4-5 guys, with his bow, alone. Every shot was a bullseye, cept for one...but it looks like he was setting up the dude to land on the mine. Each shot was greater than 100 feet. That was just with a bow and some arrows.

Rambo took out an entire boot of pirates in like, less than 2 seconds. He killed, and bullseyed like 7 dudes, with a handgun. Much faster than anything McClane every did.

Youre also forgetting that Rambo fought an entire army, at once. Unlike McClane having to take them down, one at a time.

I'd say watch the Rambo flics again. Just the lastest Rambo has feats in it that trump all of McClane's.

Um....Rambo took out 3 guys with a handgun in two seconds, not 7. And they were shitty pirates, Mac took out two terrorists with two well aimed shots. I'd say Mac's feat trumps Rambo's. The terrorists had their guns drawn, while the pirates had theirs slung/holstered.

Bow and arrow aren't the same as a gun.

Rambo fought the army while in his element, the jungle.

Sadako of Girth

Yeah Probably, McClane killed quite a few at the same time too.
And McClane never ran away for a quiet life to avoid the horror.

McClane kept his stuff coing in active service for longer.

A lot of McClane's feats of destruction would have killed Rambo too in Die Hards 1-4.0

Yeah Rambos pretty impressive, and one of the guys who wouldnt surprise me if he could at some point get a win in, but in this environment and Rambos' lack of camoflage to blend in with and other simlar factors'll probably make a difference.
It doesn't seem that Rambos even SEEN a skyscraper since the seventies real early eighties anyway.

Rambo IV was FULL of people dumbly running towards Rambo's big heavy caliber machine gun head on. Dumbasses.

You are right that I do need to rewatch the 1st three movies, though.

Sadako of Girth
The gorge? You mean where he killed Galt, and got the arm scar?

Yes RJ. Thats the one.

Sadako of Girth
It was through his abdomen. Front to back. That would include the side. But calling it just "the side" would greatly downnlay what actually happened there. It was not just a superficial graze. It was through his abdomen. Front to back.

Also, on reflection McClane was shot in the 1st Die Hard, at point where bloodloss would have been critical already through all that bloodloss after "Glassgate".... and he shot through himself to get the bad guy behind him in DH 4.0

Sadako of Girth
Hans Gruber: "Mr. Mystery Guest? Are you still there?"

John McClane: "Yeah, I'm still here. Unless you wanna open the front door for me."

Hans Gruber: "Uh, no, I'm afraid not. But, you have me at a loss. You know my name but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo..* Marshal Dillon?"

John McClane: "Was always kinda partial to Roy Rogers actually. I really like those sequined shirts."

Hans Gruber: "Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?"

John McClane: "Yippee-ki-yay, motherfu*ker."

* "The in DH universe movie character Rambo played by the 'actor' (human and very damageable) Sylvester Stallone", you mean, Hans..? stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Yes RJ. Thats the one. I wouldn't call that "damage soak", that's just Rambo's survival instinct and training kicking in. When we talk "damage soak", I think of someone taking hit after hit after hit and nonstop abuse, and they keep going. Example? When Mac pwned Lerch in DH3, he was already pretty worn out, but he found it within himself to keep going. Another example was the Pikey in his final fight, or Balboa in his fights against Creed.

That's just me.

Sadako of Girth
Sure thats true, I just didnt call it damage soak, I just said it involved some luck. smile

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, he was lucky til he hit that one branch.

"Jeeeeesus!!!"

Then fell to the ground like a sack of bricks.

Doubtful Rambo would have lived past the first encounter with Karl, I dunno if he would have fit in the air ducts.

Poor Rambo, he'll never know what a TV dinner feels like.....

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud Hahahaha

Thats actually pretty true.
Although if the branches hadnt broken his fall, Rambo's damage soak definitely would have failed him when he hit those rocks at the bottom.

Rogue Jedi
laughing out loud Hahahaha

Thats actually pretty true.
Although if the branches hadnt broken his fall, Rambo's damage soak definitely would have failed him when he hit those rocks at the bottom. That would have even broken Mac's damage soak. Hell, even Riggs woulda felt a slight pinch.

Sadako of Girth
Mind you we saw McClane surviving a virtually uncontrolled fall nearly as great as that in Die Hard 3, when falling from the bridge onto the ship.. a fall unbroken by trees of any kind, And as it happened, McLuck viciously savaged the man shooting at him and Zeus, by having that cable cut him in half too....

and like at times like jumping a hundred feet off fo the side of a building and slamming into glass and concrete before having to shoot/crash his way through said glass to regain entry into the building; McClane is better at surviving falling it would seem. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
So much for Rambo having higher damage soak.

dadudemon
Yeah, he was lucky til he hit that one branch.

"Jeeeeesus!!!"

Then fell to the ground like a sack of bricks.

Doubtful Rambo would have lived past the first encounter with Karl, I dunno if he would have fit in the air ducts.

Poor Rambo, he'll never know what a TV dinner feels like.....
Hahaha.

Dude, Stallone was like, 155 lbs, in the first Rambo film. Much smaller than McClane. I think he was pushing 180 during 1988 for Rambo III. I woudl put Willis around 170-175 for his role in Die Hard 1. Stallone would have easily fit.

However, Stallone turned down the role for John McClane because, "it would make me look like too much of a whiny wimp."

laughing

Okay, Okay, I made that last part up, but Stallone did turn down the role for McClane. Aren't we glad he did? Willis would be a no name had he not done that.

Also, do you have video evidence of it only being 3 dudes? I couldn't find a vid. 3 sounds much too small.

Rogue Jedi
Cant find a youtube vid.

Robtard
Stallone's a very short man.

Rambo would fit in those ducts, but then he'd be in McClane's element.

Rogue Jedi
I dunno, it looked like the tightest area was around Mac's shoulders.

Robtard
I dunno, it looked like the tightest area was around Mac's shoulders.

Good point, Rambo is broad of shoulders.

Rogue Jedi
Twas my point, sir.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah even going for fitting the vent diagonally (one shoulder up, one down), thats one shaft Rambo wont be slide along so easily.

And as McClane is smart, and Rambo is.....is...........erm........
.......played by Sylvester Stallone, I cant see Rambo seeing that coming. Ergo: Rambo gets stuck in the vent, and McClane drives and SUV up where the sun doesnt shine.

Goodthing is, that once Karl and the others find Rambo's body, they'll probably assume that that was the guy they were looking for and McClane would then have an advantage of extra-surprisey surpise on his side.

Rogue Jedi
Well, in Rambo's defense, he probaby would have killed Karl and the other two long before having to enter the vent.

Sadako of Girth
I doubt it, Rambo would probably have tried to intervene in the Takagi killing, and would have been killed accordingly.

He seems to lack McClane's smarts.

Plus your statement contradicts itself, if he HAD killed them, there'd be noone to chase him into the vents, would there...?

Rogue Jedi
Nah, Rambo is not a fool. Unless he had an M60, he wouldnt intervene in Takagis death.

Yeah, Mac has him in the brains department, no doubt there.

That's the point, Rambo wouldn't run from three men, especially when he has an assault rifle. He would have killed them in minutes, if not seconds.

McClane's way was more inventive and fun to watch though.

Sadako of Girth
Even if he did have one, it would have been foolish. He'd have been shot as he went to take them out.

There were targets all over the room, the hostage was surrounded by them, no way could heve have got them without taking hits.

Then it may have been Rambo's folly, as the DH guys could shoot.
Unlike Rambo's standard enemies.

Rogue Jedi
How many guys were in the room when Takagi got killed? I forget, 4-5 I think.

Rambo is a more efficient killer, let's not kid ourselves, Mac's advantage here is his luck and his police training. They're trained on building entry, sweeping, shit like that, right? In the jungle, Rambo would take Mac with only a knife.

Sadako of Girth
Mcclane looked pretty efficient wasting 12 guys with one zippo. smile

But this isnt the jungle now, is it...?

Rogue Jedi
Nah, just saying.

McClane's was at his best when he was running around, then he runs into some baddies, then was all like SHIT SHIT SHIT BLAM BLAM BLAM .....You know, reactive instead of proactive.

dadudemon
I doubt it, Rambo would probably have tried to intervene in the Takagi killing, and would have been killed accordingly.

No. He would have stood up, with just a hand gun, and perfectly shot all of the bad guys in almost an instant, just like he did to the pirates on the boat.

He seems to lack McClane's smarts.

Actually, his smarts, especailly in battle, greatly exceed McClane's.

Plus your statement contradicts itself, if he HAD killed them, there'd be noone to chase him into the vents, would there...?

Correct. If Rambo was in the buidling, the whole ordeal would have been over in about 30 minutes, with every bad guy dead, and all the good guys, alive (after the incident started.)

Rogue Jedi
No, sadako is right, the positioning of the men would have made it impossible. Even Riggs would be SOL.

How is he smarter than Mac? Better trained at killing does not make one smarter in general. In the immortal words of Colonel Trautman:

"In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill, Period."

And Rambo: "When you're pushed, killings as easy as breathing."

He's a killer, dude, a better killer than Mac, BUT Rambo has zero training fighting in buildings like Nakatomi. Throw Mac in the jungle with Rambo? One of the biggest mismatches of all time, but this thread is in Nakatomi.

And yes, Rambo would have won against Hans, but it would have been far more destructive than Mac (If thats possible lulz) and there would have been far more collateral damage. Nakatomi was tailor made for Mac.

dadudemon
No, sadako is right, the positioning of the men would have made it impossible. Even Riggs would be SOL.

No, his bullets would have gone through multiple bodies.

How is he smarter than Mac? Better trained at killing does not make one smarter in general. In the immortal words of Colonel Trautman:damage. Nakatomi was tailor made for Mac.

In every way possible cept for 1: general bs knowledge, math, science, art of war, women smarts (how to get along with women), children smarts (how toget along with kids), H2H knowledge, weapons' knowledge, flying vehicles knowledge, survival smarts, intelligence, etc. etc.

Rambo is McClane, with everything multiplied.

"In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill, Period."

He's a killer, dude, a better killer than Mac, BUT Rambo has zero training fighting in buildings like Nakatomi.

Incorrect. Every single one of his films include some sort of fighting in buildings. big grin

Throw Mac in the jungle with Rambo? One of the biggest mismatches of all time, but this thread is in Nakatomi.

And yes, Rambo would have won against Hans, but it would have been far more destructive than Mac (If thats possible lulz) and there would have been far more collateral damage. Nakatomi was tailor made for Mac.

And the whole entire world is tailor made for Rambo. There's not a clime, dwelling, or setup that Rambo would be worse in than McClane. Rambo has him bested in all categories.

The movies feats alone prove that.

Rogue Jedi
No, his bullets would have gone through multiple bodies.

In every way possible cept for 1: general bs knowledge, math, science, art of war, women smarts (how to get along with women), children smarts (how toget along with kids), H2H knowledge, weapons' knowledge, flying vehicles knowledge, survival smarts, intelligence, etc. etc.

Rambo is McClane, with everything multiplied.

Incorrect. Every single one of his films include some sort of fighting in buildings. big grin

And the whole entire world is tailor made for Rambo. There's not a clime, dwelling, or setup that Rambo would be worse in than McClane. Rambo has him bested in all categories.

The movies feats alone prove that.

And Mac has inferior bullets now? Yeah, through multiple bodies, into Takagi. Bong.

Math and science? Rambo was not a scholar, man. Art of war is a given in Rambos favor. Women and children smarts? Mac actually had a family, dude, Rambo didnt. H2H knowledge? Well, H2H Rambo would probably waste Mac, so you got me there. Weapons knowledge is a given for Rambo too, but Mac knew how to shoot and load a machine gun, thats all he needs here. Flying vehicles knowledge? I cant see Rambo flying a choper inside Nakatomi. Intelligence and survival smarts? Mac has the intel department all wrapped up. Rremember the scene in DH1 where he is writing the names of the terrorists on his arm with the red marker? Rambo is never shown gathering intel, man. Survival smarts? They are pretty much on par here, as far as surviving in an environment like Nakatomi.

I already said that.

Rambo is shown escaping a police station. He is shown fighting in an ancient Afghani prison. Thats it. He is never shown fighting an extended battle n a high rise office building.

The movie feats show, again, Mac fighting an extended battle against a superior force inside a high rise building, Rambo has nothing to compare against that.

xJLxKing
John McClane wins

Rogue Jedi
Hell yeah he does, I'd say......8/10.

Riot-Gear
Rambo takes this one.

While we have the much flaunted and exagerated single example of marksmenship from McClane. In the form of the Die Hard With a Vengeance. Which by the way was shooting a power box, which dislodged the power line, not shooting the power line itself.

His normal accuracy is far from stellar. Especially when it comes to submachine gun/automatic weapons. He contrary to an earlier poster assesment is far mor prone to the spray and pray method. He does thing like shotting wild while running away. Even with a pistol he seems to have the same tendencies. Though he has been known to control it and aim, but normally he gets flustered to easily and loses his cool. Something that once a battle has started Rambo tends not to do.

If you compare the pirate scene in Rambo to the "luggage thief" scene in Die Hard. You get an idead of the difference. Rambo manages to quickly pull his pistol and fire controlled/accurate shots into 3 assailants. 2 of which had weapons ready with fingers on the triggers. McClane on the other hand shoots wild while tripping backwards trying to avoid incoming fire. Lucky for him his assailants don't shoot much better then him in this instance.

As for accuracy with automatic weapons such as SMGs, assault rifles, or GPMG. Well as I said above McClane is very much a spray and pray type with these weapons. Rambo on the other hand while he may not hit every time fires in controled bursts. Even with an M60 he targets specific things and hits them with bursts. Same thing he does with an AK etc. He can dive arouns a corner and fire a short burst from the hip with AK varient(AKSU I think) and take out 3 guys. He does similiar things repeatedly through out the films. He is accurate with everything he picks up from rocks to RPGs. More over when ammo is scarce or the capacity of the weapon is limited. His accuracy increases by an order of magnitude. He does not miss with his bow, knives, pistol, or when he throws rocks. Nor when he uses heavy weapons that are single shot. Like RPG-7s or grenade launchers or LAWs.

Questioning weather or not Rambo can operate in a building is silly. He showed nearly as much stealth and aptitude in the prison in Rambo 3 and the city at town/buildings at the end of First Blood as he did anywhere else. The claim by other posters that the prison was far different from the Nakatomi building because it was ancient. Is a bit misleading. Both had the same basic structure. You know walls, rooms, windows, stairs, a roof etc. In fact Nakatomi being half done even had cat walks and the like. The only significant difference would be that the prison had no elevators.

So in closing. In a random encounter. McClane is the one most likely to run away spraying his MP-5 behind him while he goes at the same time Rambo either remains cool and fires a short controlled burst from his Steyr. Riddling McClane with bullets or he goes for cover and then sneaks up on McClane latter and snaps his neck. McClane may have had success with people well trained in hand to hand combat, but then so has Rambo. Rambo though has the advantage of being highly trained himself. Truth is their are examples of McClane being unable to deal with higly trained martial artists in direct melee combat. Stuart is the big example, but much of the same can be said for Rand and Lihn in Live Free or Die Hard. All this is of course if Rambo doesn't shoot McClane before McClane can resond. Though given McClanes history I figure he'll make more of a fight out of it then that.

dadudemon
Math and science? Rambo was not a scholar, man. Art of war is a given in Rambos favor.

Yup. Trig. no expression

Women and children smarts? Mac actually had a family, dude, Rambo didnt.

Yup. Rambo had no problem getting women. McClane had problems just keeping one.

Rambo had no problem with kids. McClane had problems even dealing with his daughter.

H2H knowledge? Well, H2H Rambo would probably waste Mac, so you got me there. Weapons knowledge is a given for Rambo too, but Mac knew how to shoot and load a machine gun, thats all he needs here.

Cool. We agree on something.

Flying vehicles knowledge? I cant see Rambo flying a choper inside Nakatomi.

That wasn't the point, though. He still has that knowledge, which counts to the overall "Rambo is smarter in every way" aspect.

Intelligence and survival smarts? Mac has the intel department all wrapped up. Rremember the scene in DH1 where he is writing the names of the terrorists on his arm with the red marker? Rambo is never shown gathering intel, man.

Rambo is never seen gathering intel? hahahahahaha

crylaugh

If that was true, then it only hurts your case, it doesn't help it. Here's why: Rambo did all he did without gathering intel whereas McClane had to sit around think about things that Rambo did while running. See, Rambo is more intelligent than McClane.

However, Rambo not planning/gathering intel is simply not true.

Survival smarts? They are pretty much on par here, as far as surviving in an environment like Nakatomi.

No, not even close. Rambo would have taken down everyone in the Nakatomi building much much faster, and not gotten beat up nearly as bad. He might of even come out of it without a scratch.

I already said that.

Rambo is shown escaping a police station. He is shown fighting in an ancient Afghani prison. Thats it. He is never shown fighting an extended battle n a high rise office building.

Neither is McClane. He didn't have an extended battle, once, in die hard 1. It was little skirmishes here, littler skirmishes there.

The movie feats show, again, Mac fighting an extended battle against a superior force inside a high rise building, Rambo has nothing to compare against that.

What you call an extended battle was actually a rag-tag war of attrition.

And, if they were a superior force, then McClane wouldn't have been able to beat them, now would he? If you meant superior numbers, sure.

And, yes, Rambo does have something to compare against that: all of his movies. no expression McClane goes down absurdly fast. I don't see the battle lasting longer than 2 seconds.

BruceSkywalker
Rambo goes in "they drew first blood" mode/the end big grin stick out tongue

Impediment

How did the thread even get past this?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
How did the thread even get past this? Screen feats. Rambo takes on the following:

Buncha redneck deputies (In the woods, Rambo was in his element)

Buncha shitty Vietnamese soldiers with some Russians throw in (Again, in his element, the jungle, Not in an office building) And without the help of the asian chick and the POW's, he wouldnt have survived.

Buncha Russians in the desert (This was impressive, no doubt) Without Trautman and the rebels, Rambo would have been killed.

Buncha crappy asians (Again, in his element.) Without Schoolboy, he would never have made it out of the prison camp.

Yeah, Mac had help along the way. Al saved him in DH1, Farrell saved him in DH4, but Rambo had WAY more help than Mac did.

Rambo was trained to fight in the jungle/desert/woods/whatever, not in an environment like Nakatomi. Mac fought in an urban environment 4 times and won 4 times, Rambo fought in an urban environment zero times, and, well......yeah.

Rogue Jedi
Yup. Trig. no expression

Yup. Rambo had no problem getting women. McClane had problems just keeping one. Yeah, Rambo met one chick, and she died. Mac had Holly, and could have totally nailed the airport chick.

And they reconciled in the end. yes

Um.....no. What good does it do him here, where all he has is a machine gun? McClane can shoot just as good as Rambo can.

Yeah, Rambo did all that IN HIS ELEMENT. The jungle, dude, Not Nakatomi.

Speculation.

Mhm, and he has that screen feat, whereas Rambo does not.

Superior numbers, yes.

"All of his movies?" You mena the ones where he was never, not once, shown fighting in a high rise? Yeah.

dadudemon
Screen feats. Rambo takes on the following:

Buncha redneck deputies (In the woods, Rambo was in his element)

Buncha shitty Vietnamese soldiers with some Russians throw in (Again, in his element, the jungle, Not in an office building) And without the help of the asian chick and the POW's, he wouldnt have survived.

Buncha Russians in the desert (This was impressive, no doubt) Without Trautman and the rebels, Rambo would have been killed.

Buncha crappy asians (Again, in his element.) Without Schoolboy, he would never have made it out of the prison camp.

Yeah, Mac had help along the way. Al saved him in DH1, Farrell saved him in DH4, but Rambo had WAY more help than Mac did.

Rambo was trained to fight in the jungle/desert/woods/whatever, not in an environment like Nakatomi. Mac fought in an urban environment 4 times and won 4 times, Rambo fought in an urban environment zero times, and, well......yeah.

Yup. You got him there. Hiding behind a tree is WAAAAAY different then hiding behind a corner or a support beam. And, hiding behind a desk is waaaaay different than hiding in a trench.

Seriously, though, one environment is easier to hide in: I'll give you a hint, it's not the Jungle.

Yeah, Rambo met one chick, and she died. Mac had Holly, and could have totally nailed the airport chick.

It wasn't just one chick that swooned for Rambo, though. wink

And they reconciled in the end. yes

But that misses the pint entirely. McClane had trouble with it, didn't even handle things properly, didn't know his own daughter very well, etc.

He wouldn't have had to reconcile had he not messed something up.

Um.....no. What good does it do him here, where all he has is a machine gun? McClane can shoot just as good as Rambo can.

You missed the point, even after I explained it to you. Remarkable. faceplam

And, no, McClane doesn't come close to Rambo in terms of marksmenship.

Yeah, Rambo did all that IN HIS ELEMENT. The jungle, dude, Not Nakatomi..

See my response to your original point.

Speculation.

ZOMG, really? Darn, and this whole time I thought that was fact, and in no wise captured the point of the thread...

Mhm, and he has that screen feat, whereas Rambo does not.

Whaaa?

You're not making sense, now. An extended battle is just that, a battle that lasts for an extended period of time. Not little war of attrition skirmishes that McClane did, but the end of Rambo where he had an extended battle sequence against, get this, an army of Thai Mercanaries.

"All of his movies?" You mena the ones where he was never, not once, shown fighting in a high rise? Yeah.

Right, cause, all of a sudden, being in a building completely nulls all of Rambo's skills. He's completely useless, now. Can't do a thing. He just sits there on the floor, crying cause he's about to get pwned. erm

Robtard

Right, cause, all of a sudden, being in a building completely nulls all of Rambo's skills. He's completely useless, now. Can't do a thing. He just sits there on the floor, crying cause he's about to get pwned. erm

No, that would be a stupid thing to think, as Rambo's a trained killer(and possible sodomite, must investigate further). But in the end, he'd just be another McVictim.

Rogue Jedi
Seems to me Mac has military training. He knew what to do with the C4, didn't he put detonators in it?

Robtard
Seems to me Mac has military training. He knew what to do with the C4, didn't he put detonators in it?

He did. But you don't need military training to figure that out. Regardless, he's awesome.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
He did. But you don't need military training to figure that out. Regardless, he's awesome. I can't imagine an average cop knowing what to do with C4.

Robtard
I can't imagine an average cop knowing what to do with C4.

He's a veteran detective and he's obviously not average by any means.

Rogue Jedi
This is what I am saying, McClane is not average indeed.

Robtard
Rambo takes out a chopper with explosive arrows, McClane uses a Ford Crown Victoria.

Rogue Jedi
Hmmm........Better call Maaco.

dadudemon

I know what to do with C4, so I guess that makes me a level 9 detective, right? awesome

Rambo takes out a chopper with explosive arrows, McClane uses a Ford Crown Victoria.

Chopper was at the end of the tunnel. Rambo was doing it right out and in the open.

It's hard to say which one impressed me more...but I think the bow and arrow one was more impressive...that's just...absurd n'shit.

Rogue Jedi
I know what to do with C4, so I guess that makes me a level 9 detective, right? awesome

Chopper was at the end of the tunnel. Rambo was doing it right out and in the open.

It's hard to say which one impressed me more...but I think the bow and arrow one was more impressive...that's just...absurd n'shit. Sure you do, sure you do.

Both ways were effective, Mac's looked cooler.

Robtard

Not only cooler, showed extreme resourcefulness and quick thinking.

steverules_2
Not only cooler, showed extreme resourcefulness and quick thinking.

He was outta bullets awesome

dadudemon
Sure you do, sure you do.

What's so hard to understand about a compound that detonates with a detonator cap...when said cap can be triggered by electricity arching?

Not only that, I would easily recognize a binary explosive...unmixed of course. The smell should give it away, if it is an ammonium nitrate based explosive.

I'm certainly no explosives expert, and no where near a veteran detective.

But, based on your comments about McClane, I would some sort of super detective...which is not true. Now, my comparison is anecdotal, but, you'd be hard pressed to find a dude in Oklahoma or Texas that didn't know what I know about plastique and binary explosives.

In fact, I don't think there's one person in this thread that didn't already know what I just posted in the first 2 "paragraphs."

Rogue Jedi
What's so hard to understand about a compound that detonates with a detonator cap...when said cap can be triggered by electricity arching?

Not only that, I would easily recognize a binary explosive...unmixed of course. The smell should give it away, if it is an ammonium nitrate based explosive.

I'm certainly no explosives expert, and no where near a veteran detective.

But, based on your comments about McClane, I would some sort of super detective...which is not true. Now, my comparison is anecdotal, but, you'd be hard pressed to find a dude in Oklahoma or Texas that didn't know what I know about plastique and binary explosives.

In fact, I don't think there's one person in this thread that didn't already know what I just posted in the first 2 "paragraphs." I know magical spells.

Sadako of Girth
Well McClane definitely would know.

Rogue Jedi
I watched Rambo 1 and 2 the other day.

I changed my mind.

Robtard

I changed my mind.

Watch DH 1-4.

Change your mind again, you whimsical little girl.

Rogue Jedi
Hey Rob.

Sadako of Girth
First of all, NOT a spite thread.

I changed my mind.

Surprise surprise. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dadudemon

I changed my mind.

Awesome. big grin

Rambo is gewd.

I thought it was a bit absurd that somehow...this lucky cop was going to defeat a one-man-army.

Rogue Jedi
Awesome. big grin

Rambo is gewd.

I thought it was a bit absurd that somehow...this lucky cop was going to defeat a one-man-army. I can smell the McButthurt already.

dadudemon
I can smell the McButthurt already.

That must smell like sh*t...for sure. big grin

Rogue Jedi
That must smell like sh*t...for sure. big grin Ahahahahaa you called the poop shit.

Fk6M1gqV-0A&feature=related

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.