How to do things the "genius" way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
I have seen many different things done many different ways.

After 26 years, there are some ways to do those things the best way. I call it, slightly out of jest, the "genius" way.

Use this thread to share ideas on how to do things or accomplish tasks in intelligent or ultra efficient ways. I'm sure there are TONS of neat little tricks and ideas that you guys have come up with.

I was in the middle of writing up some solitaire strategies (with screen shots), some everyday "quick math" (such as calculating tips), arranging items (like, in your shop, at your desk..), etc. I'll post some of this stuff tomorrow, when I have more time.

In the mean time, feel free to post away your awesome ways of getting things done.

Rogue Jedi
I sit back and let others do all the work.

Bong.

Hitosu Moriko
in video games i let people kill themselves

Mr. Rhythmic
When you are in trouble, explain things around so you seem right.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
When you are in trouble, explain things around so you seem right. Win haermm

dadudemon
Originally posted by Hitosu Moriko
in video games i let people kill themselves

Some people may not understand that, but, that's actually a really good FPS technique when there's area of affect weapons like grenades. Even against really good players, if you're good enogh at running and ticking people into firing at walls near themselves, it's hilarious.

This entry earns my stamp of "It's the Genius Way!"

I'll post of the solitaire awesomeness later tonight. I was thinking about only putting in 1 technique, but I'll actually show you guys multiple. You guys will be amazed at how complicated a simple game can become.

Parking in Your Garage.

In the mean-time, I'll tide you guys over with a tip on parking in a small garage.

If you guys have a garage packed full of stuff or it's really small and makes it difficult to know how far to pull in to get the back clearance on shutting the garage door, there's a nifty little trick I learned:

It will take about 10 minutes, a nail, some string, and a small teddy bear. First, pull your car into the garage to where you get nice clearance from the garage door (just like you always do.) Now, tie the teddy bear up with the string, and make some string long enough to stretch from the ceiling to the windshield. Then, either tie or just plain hammer the string directly above AND adjacent to the windshield so that the Teddy lightly rests on the windshield.

What does this do?

Simple: From now on, you never have to get out of your car and check that the garage door will clear your rear bumper. None of this pull forward more, and more, and more...etc. You just pull forward enough to have the teddy bear resting gently on youyr windshield. No guessing needed.

This works really well for automatic garage doors.

10 minutes could save you lots and lots of time in the future, and possibly some damage to the garage door and rear of you car.

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
When you are in trouble, explain things around so you seem right.

This can actually be really bad, especially if you're in trouble. The best way to go about things is to masterfully find out about how much your accusing/accosting party knows. Then, once you have a really good feel (and you must be certain), tell as close to the truth as possible, and change things ever so slightly to avoid looking bad or at fault.

Example, you smoked some weed. Your parents confront you one day. They start by playing naive by asking you if there's anything that you want to tell them. You say something like, "Well, nothing at the moment. If this is the prelude to me getting kicked out, let me just say that I love you guys super much and I appreciate all the things you've done for me, growing up." Then hug them. They should be nice and softened up, by now, or at least get a laugh out of it. Then, ask them if something is up. They may actually tell you that your clothes from Friday night smelled like weed and booze.

Here's what you do: get close to the truth, but don't go all the way. Tell them that some of your friends drink and light up, but you don't like any of that cause you don't like the feeling it gives you. Go further to say that, often times, you request that your friends try to remain sober at your parties. IF your parents found weed on you or in your clothes, this one is easy to get out of: Tell them you friend tried to light up again, and you took his stuff so he couldn't get high. Then, go into a diatribe about being pissed at your friend throwing his life away and that you don't want to turn him in, but you still don't want to see him destroy himself.

Sure, those techniques require you to actually word things convincingly and act it out well. But that's why it's called the "genius way." It's hard to do and it seems really smart if you can pull it off.

Rain Dog
If I need to write a short story the day before a deadline, six or more beers usually helps to no end.

Selphie
you don't have to kill all the zombies you see; conserve ammunition for bosses

Mairuzu
My gate drags on the floor so its hard to pull/push it open/close.

So like the genius that I am, i grabbed a stick and shoved it under the gate supporting it.

Go ahead, applaud me.

AbnormalButSane
Originally posted by Mairuzu

So like the genius that I am, i grabbed a stick and shoved it under the gate supporting it.

Go ahead, applaud me.

clapping

Bardock42
Install Launchy and YubNub.

If you heard of either of those before and don't use them you are an idiot.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mairuzu

Go ahead, applaud me. You're a genius, sir.

That ACDC Chick
i have a calendar hung up right by my bed so it's lined up with my exact line of sight as i lay down
that way, i always know what day it is cause i always cross of the day before i go to sleep

btw i need to get a new one cause if the new year mhmm
all the more reason for me to go to the mall sometime soon big grin

§P0oONY
Originally posted by dadudemon
I was in the middle of writing up some solitaire strategies (with screen shots). You sad lonely loser. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Between the lines.

lord xyz
I thought this was gonna be a sarcastic thread.

Like the genius way to turn off your computer is to hit it repeatedly with a bat.

Or the genius way to go downstairs is to jump out the window.

Or the genius way to win an argument is to act like dadudemon.

Barker
Hm.

Just posting here to so I can say I've posted in KMC this year, disregard.

dadudemon

Rogue Jedi
Bewbz.

§P0oONY
RJ is closer to being correct.

A couple of people asked me to write up my strategies for them (coworker and my brother). Computers, servers, and passwords don't break all the time, so I have to fill my free time at work with something. Also, it functions as school work, as well.

If you had your pick, though, would you rather write algorithms or read manhwa all day? I chose the latter and, by doing so, have procrastinated the solitaire write-up. I know you were dying to read about it.

You should really read rather than post. It's a win-win. My original point still stands... I'm doing maths at university and I'm not sad enough for that kind of shit.

And I'd rather do algorithms than read whatever the **** that is.

steverules_2
There was a huge game of Unreal going on in my class last year, and there was this one guy who was like I will end u all I am going to pwn you. He was chasing me and I waited around the corner and then I blew him up into tiny little pieces.

I think I've had a couple of genius moments in online games

Real life genius I've done a couple of things like manage to install a lock on my door without my dad noticing smile I always leave my computer on which he doesn't like so he would always come in my room whilst I was asleep turn off my computer and wake me in the process which I did not like. Plus he cant come in and tell me to turn my music/movies down and when he does I pretend i cant hear him smile Good times

Tired-Hiker
When the directions say to lift plastic film over vegetables, heat for 3 1/2 minutes in microwave. Stir vegetables and sauce over meat portion. Turn entree 90 degrees, and heat another 3 minutes. Allow to cool in microwave for 2 minutes before serving.....

I say just simply toss it in the microwave and nuke it for 7 minutes.

Also, to remember birthdays... I have a calender from about five years ago with everyone's birthdays I need to remember so I can send them a card or a gift. I keep this calender in a desk drawer and refer to it each month instead of marking all the birthdays on the new calender that hangs on my wall.

dadudemon
Originally posted by steverules_2
There was a huge game of Unreal going on in my class last year, and there was this one guy who was like I will end u all I am going to pwn you. He was chasing me and I waited around the corner and then I blew him up into tiny little pieces.

Real life genius I've done a couple of things like manage to install a lock on my door without my dad noticing smile I always leave my computer on which he doesn't like so he would always come in my room whilst I was asleep turn off my computer and wake me in the process which I did not like. Plus he cant come in and tell me to turn my music/movies down and when he does I pretend i cant hear him smile Good times

You should be more respectful to your father. Seriously.

He doesn't want the electricity bill high, which can be significantly reduced by turning off computers and monitors. Also, don't be bumping your music/movies like a juvinile. You live in someone else's house, rent free.

However, if that was your first time ever installing a lock and you did it without problems, that would pretty damn nifty. Maybe even a genius moment.

Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
Also, to remember birthdays... I have a calender from about five years ago with everyone's birthdays I need to remember so I can send them a card or a gift. I keep this calender in a desk drawer and refer to it each month instead of marking all the birthdays on the new calender that hangs on my wall.

On facebook, there's this app the sends birthday cards (virtual cards) to all of your friends ON the day of their birthday. You can make a unique card for each person and set it to send automatically with a special message, or you can send everyone the same damn thing. I do a little of both: I sent out the same card and message to 10 people at a time.

It's really helpful and everyone loves them (cause I custom make the cards in the app.)

Do you have a blackberry or a smart phone? If so, you should be able to setup something like a birthday calendar.

Bardock42

Do you have a blackberry or a smart phone? If so, you should be able to setup something like a birthday calendar.

Uhh, nice burn.

dadudemon

steverules_2
You should be more respectful to your father. Seriously.

He doesn't want the electricity bill high, which can be significantly reduced by turning off computers and monitors. Also, don't be bumping your music/movies like a juvinile. You live in someone else's house, rent free.

However, if that was your first time ever installing a lock and you did it without problems, that would pretty damn nifty. Maybe even a genius moment.

You dunno my father erm He's the one waking up the family telling me that my music/movies is too loud, I have never woken up anyone with my movies/music. Heck he told my sister to turn her music down when she wasn't even listening to music. erm I do turn my computer off but there are a few times when I leave it on and I'm sure other people leave it on far longer than me so. Think what you will but like I said you dunno my father so you can't tell me to respect someone that you don't know.

Tired-Hiker
Do you have a blackberry or a smart phone? If so, you should be able to setup something like a birthday calendar. Originally posted by Bardock42
Uhh, nice burn.

Not really a burn at all. I don't sent those e-cards to people because half of the people I would send a card to don't even have a computer, or a facebook page, a smart phone etc. But even if so, I believe the most thoughtful way to send a gift or a card is to actually send a real gift or a real paper Hallmark card. It is much more thoughtful.

dadudemon
You dunno my father erm He's the one waking up the family telling me that my music/movies is too loud, I have never woken up anyone with my movies/music. Heck he told my sister to turn her music down when she wasn't even listening to music. erm I do turn my computer off but there are a few times when I leave it on and I'm sure other people leave it on far longer than me so. Think what you will but like I said you dunno my father so you can't tell me to respect someone that you don't know.

I don't need to know your father to know that you should listen to him, even if sometimes he's unreasonable. That's if you wish to continue to live with him. Above all, you should learn to talk to your father. You should also learn to setup boundries and compromise. He needs to see you as an adult, and you need to see him as someone other than a silly controlling father.

Unless you prefer paying for yourself, completely?

When you move out, life is GOOD! I would work on moving out, if you father gets too bad. However, the things you describe about him are really...just petty. Those are nothing and I would take that kind of B.S. any day to live rent free. Why can't you set your computer to hibernate after an hour of being idle? Why not use headphones when you jam your tunes? (Do you really bump your tunes with a boom box?)

Not really a burn at all. I don't sent those e-cards to people because half of the people I would send a card to don't even have a computer, or a facebook page, a smart phone etc. But even if so, I believe the most thoughtful way to send a gift or a card is to actually send a real gift or a real paper Hallmark card. It is much more thoughtful.

It wasn't a burn. Bardock was being funny.

Bardock42
Not really a burn at all. I don't sent those e-cards to people because half of the people I would send a card to don't even have a computer, or a facebook page, a smart phone etc. But even if so, I believe the most thoughtful way to send a gift or a card is to actually send a real gift or a real paper Hallmark card. It is much more thoughtful. I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply that, what I meant was that dadudemon burned Blackberries by implying they are not smartphones. (I know he didn't mean that, I just thought it was funny)

Tired-Hiker
Well then I'm a ****ing ******* now.

dadudemon
TH, read the rest of your message.

I think my e-card is better because I made it from the ground up. I can put jingles in it, vids, photos, all sorts of unique decorations, jokes of any kind, etc. Since I build the card completely, it's much more unique and "personal." However, I don't make "personal" cards as I "mass produce." However, the cards can do so much more than paper and possibly pop-ups with music. It's also much cheaper and faster and I really can't forget.

However, family gets a visit, a present, and a paper birthday card...only cause an e-card would be kind of hard to give them unless they logged into facebook...which would be just plain awkward.

Tired-Hiker
TH, read the rest of your message.

I think my e-card is better because I made it from the ground up. I can put jingles in it, vids, photos, all sorts of unique decorations, jokes of any kind, etc. Since I build the card completely, it's much more unique and "personal." However, I don't make "personal" cards as I "mass produce." However, the cards can do so much more than paper and possibly pop-ups with music. It's also much cheaper and faster and I really can't forget.

However, family gets a visit, a present, and a paper birthday card...only cause an e-card would be kind of hard to give them unless they logged into facebook...which would be just plain awkward.

I did read everything. And that is who I mostly send stuff to, family. I actually do have the reminders of whose b-days are on facebook and all of that stuff, but as often as I check my facebook I'd miss half of them anyway. As far as auto set ups where they'd get something from me, I'm not all that into it. I'm sure your personalized cards are very nice, all I'm saying is my beat up old calender I keep already has everyone's dates on it I need to send a card to. It's all good, it's just an easy way to always have that for me since I'm not always reading facebook and turning on my computer and such. It's just an extremely easy way to look at a piece of paper for two seconds and go, "Oh, it's uncle Butch's birthday this month. I think I'll send him a card."

dadudemon
I did read everything. And that is who I mostly send stuff to, family. I actually do have the reminders of whose b-days are on facebook and all of that stuff, but as often as I check my facebook I'd miss half of them anyway. As far as auto set ups where they'd get something from me, I'm not all that into it. I'm sure your personalized cards are very nice, all I'm saying is my beat up old calender I keep already has everyone's dates on it I need to send a card to. It's all good, it's just an easy way to always have that for me since I'm not always reading facebook and turning on my computer and such. It's just an extremely easy way to look at a piece of paper for two seconds and go, "Oh, it's uncle Butch's birthday this month. I think I'll send him a card."

Yup. I'm in the same boat as you are. I check facebook 2-3 times a week. So, I'd miss a few birthdays if that app. didn't exist.

Now, if only that app integrated pay-pal in it. I could start paying people with pay-pal bucks. hahah. Same as a gift-card, but for teh internetz. big grin

Which reminds me: I thought of a computer program that would be quite awesome. I had the logic completely worked out in my head (pseudo-code), but I forgot all about what the program was for. It's actually quite frustrating cause it was a good program...

I'm going to go crazy trying to remember it.

Bardock, by chance, did I tell you about the program? Did I tell you about any ideas for computer programs other than the ones I sent you?

Bardock42

Bardock, by chance, did I tell you about the program? Did I tell you about any ideas for computer programs other than the ones I sent you?

No, sorry, I don't think you did.

You told me a movie idea though.

steverules_2
I don't need to know your father to know that you should listen to him, even if sometimes he's unreasonable. That's if you wish to continue to live with him. Above all, you should learn to talk to your father. You should also learn to setup boundries and compromise. He needs to see you as an adult, and you need to see him as someone other than a silly controlling father.

Unless you prefer paying for yourself, completely?

When you move out, life is GOOD! I would work on moving out, if you father gets too bad. However, the things you describe about him are really...just petty. Those are nothing and I would take that kind of B.S. any day to live rent free. Why can't you set your computer to hibernate after an hour of being idle? Why not use headphones when you jam your tunes? (Do you really bump your tunes with a boom box?)

Trust me I meant to list the petty things, I'm not gonna say the personal ones because this isn't really the placeerm

I use my computer to listen to music, its much more quieter than a boom box. I do have money saved up and I am hoping that I can move out sooner or later smile

dadudemon
Trust me I meant to list the petty things, I'm not gonna say the personal ones because this isn't really the placeerm

Nah, it's okay. Only the douches will make fun of you (that's like, two or 3 people). The reast of the people that count will listen, though. We are a cool bunch.

In other words, feel free to let loose, dude. I assure you, I had a shit time growing up with my father. Things got much better when I moved out.

I use my computer to listen to music, its much more quieter than a boom box. I do have money saved up and I am hoping that I can move out sooner or later smile

Use bluetooth headsets, man. They are a miracle. And, use that hibernation feature I just mentioned. Hibernation in Windows is easy as hell to setup. That's both of his petty complaints, knocked out. Take out the trash on your own, without him telling you, just to spite him. ARRR! lol

Ax3l
Knowledge: Knowing a fact. Knowing 2 + 2 = 4, doesn't mean you know what 2 + 2 = 4 means.

Application: Knowing how to use the fact. You can determine that 2 cats plus 2 cats equals 4 cats. You don't know what 2 + 2 = 4 means, but you can apply it.

Comprehension -- Understanding a fact: You understand the concept of addition and how 2 + 2 = 4.

Analysis -- breaking down information into its parts. 4 - 2 =2 ; (1 + 1) + (1 + 1) = 2 + 2 = 4

Synthesis -- creating something new, writing a book, etc.

Evaluation -- Discussion of the merits of 2 + 2 = 4 .

steverules_2
Nah, it's okay. Only the douches will make fun of you (that's like, two or 3 people). The reast of the people that count will listen, though. We are a cool bunch.

In other words, feel free to let loose, dude. I assure you, I had a shit time growing up with my father. Things got much better when I moved out.

Use bluetooth headsets, man. They are a miracle. And, use that hibernation feature I just mentioned. Hibernation in Windows is easy as hell to setup. That's both of his petty complaints, knocked out. Take out the trash on your own, without him telling you, just to spite him. ARRR! lol

lol thanks for the advice smile

Sorry if I sounded a like a douche at any time

shiv

have you thought of the long term effect of this awkward behaviour.

Your dad is probably trying to reighn in the electric bill. Its winter so The house bills are going to be higher. And your dad could do with some peace and quiet, you don't want to aggravate any stress related stuff he might be going through, example: insomnia: depression: high blood pressure: Maybe you should get a good pair of headphones. And if you're going to put a lock on his door you should start paying rent coz you're not living in a hotel.

steverules_2
He's so cheap he won't let us have the heating on

And plus I put the lock on cuz I like my privacy..no one knocks, I always knock before entering someones room. Heck before that even my mum had put a lock on my door but he removed it. Like I said, my music is never that loud and I stated my music isn't as loud as him.

Bardock42
Perhaps he has some money troubles?

steverules_2
No we have money, he just doesn't like spending it on things like heating, I remember when the garage door broke and my mum had to buy a new one

Bardock42
No we have money, he just doesn't like spending it on things like heating, I remember when the garage door broke and my mum had to buy a new one

Oh well, some people just have some weird issues.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh well, some people just have some weird issues.

My dad being one of them

shiv
Turning the heating low is far far far more common than you think.

Surely you have heard reports about struggling pensioners having to choose between food or heat.

Well your Parents have mouths to feed and they've made a hard choice. Remember always, despite outward appearances your mom has a say in how the household is run. Im sure if she could afford it she'd serve you food on gold plates and fit in a new boiler and fit in double glazing and insulation.

I've got some good friends whose places are frikkin cold. They just have too many expenses. Kids with allergies. Mortgage. babysitter. Car. Council Tax. Various licenses. Food. Saving for holidays. Investments for the future etc.

No one likes being cheap. There is a strong possibility your parents are putting money aside to help you and your sister through university. They could also be saving for when they retire. which is a good thing.

You should talk to your father he might be going through a mid life crisis.

steverules_2
He doesn't turn it down though, he turns it off

The thing is though we have money, we aren't poor or anything like that these are things we can afford but my dad just chooses not to or whatever erm I wish I knew why but I really have no clue

§P0oONY
I have my heating off all year around... If you're cold, stick another layer of clothes on, simple. Heating is very expensive.

steverules_2
*sigh* Why is this suddenly turning into a conversation about me and my dad? I'd appreciate not talking about it because I didn't post here to have a full on conversation about my dad and life at my home erm

shiv
I know.

steverules_2
Thank you

One Free Man
If you are in a horror film and the lights go out, try to figure out how to get a light source and/or fix the lights before you go wandering off in the dark to face your most fearsom enemy this will work wonders.

btw, letting enemies kill themselves works great around cliffs as well, not just with grenades in tight spots.

dadudemon
Originally posted by One Free Man
If you are in a horror film and the lights go out, try to figure out how to get a light source and/or fix the lights before you go wandering off in the dark to face your most fearsom enemy this will work wonders.

btw, letting enemies kill themselves works great around cliffs as well, not just with grenades in tight spots.

LOL

WTF? laughing

And, Steve, we will talk about your life alllll daaaammmnn day, b*tch, and you'll like it and ask for seconds. HA! 313

steverules_2
Curse you dadudemon and your diet, for this I shall change your name to damanindaclosetmon

dadudemon
Curse you dadudemon and your diet, for this I shall change your name to damanindaclosetmon

AHA!

I tricked you.

I was already cursed, so two negatives multiplied made a positive, so by cursing me, you actually blessed me.

*does a hips wiggle, crotch jiggle, white man dance*

steverules_2
AHA!

I tricked you.

I was already cursed, so two negatives multiplied made a positive, so by cursing me, you actually blessed me.

*does a hips wiggle, crotch jiggle, white man dance*

Were you cursed by the one armed man?

shiv
Hey steve

daddy been turning on the heating lately?

mhmm

dadudemon
Originally posted by shiv
Hey steve

daddy been turning on the heating lately?

mhmm

That reminds me...

Steve, you should use your cold house to your advantage:

Take a date to your house to watch a movie or something. Then, she will have no choice but to snuggle with you under the blanket. Then, you can get all frisky under the blanket.

And....presto....BABIES!

lol.......wait...

shiv
your mama aint raisin no babies!

dadudemon
Originally posted by shiv
your mama aint raisin no babies!

"raisin babies"

Teh pruney kindz.

Rogue Jedi
Ahahhahahahahaha raisin nuts!!!

Amazing Vrayo!!
I've done the dishes for so long that I have a strict form of organization that is both efficient and it looks cool.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
I've done the dishes for so long that I have a strict form of organization that is both efficient and it looks cool.

Go into details:

Depending on your method, it could be genius, clever, or normal.

dadudemon
So, I ran into a scenario that would be great for this thread.

This is the elevator scenario:

Here's a description of the building:

Basement includes mostly the low-level (maintenance) staff, data center staff, and a small number of IT support folks.

First floor is mostly IT support with some software developers.

2nd floor is mostly project managers with a small number of supervisory staff.

3rd floor is mostly high-level managers.

Here's the scenario:

Myself and a middle aged gentleman are walking into the same elevator, from the basement. He gets in first. He says to me, "how are we doing today?" I smile and reply, "Oh, same old, same old: off of work and now it's time for school." I step into the elevator, he has already pressed "3" as the light is turned on. He then reaches over and presses 1, without asking me which floor I'm going to.

I then reply with something, which I'll tell you guys later.

But, is the person a genius for figuring out that the one and only place I could be going to is the first floor, in such a quick amount of time?

Discuss his actions and, if you're brave, guess what I told the man (don't worry, there is no trick. He correctly guessed.)

Rogue Jedi
Jeeneeus.

Bardock42
So, I ran into a scenario that would be great for this thread.

This is the elevator scenario:

Here's a description of the building:

Basement includes mostly the low-level (maintenance) staff, data center staff, and a small number of IT support folks.

First floor is mostly IT support with some software developers.

2nd floor is mostly project managers with a small number of supervisory staff.

3rd floor is mostly high-level managers.

Here's the scenario:

Myself and a middle aged gentleman are walking into the same elevator, from the basement. He gets in first. He says to me, "how are we doing today?" I smile and reply, "Oh, same old, same old: off of work and now it's time for school." I step into the elevator, he has already pressed "3" as the light is turned on. He then reaches over and presses 1, without asking me which floor I'm going to.

I then reply with something, which I'll tell you guys later.

But, is the person a genius for figuring out that the one and only place I could be going to is the first floor, in such a quick amount of time?

Discuss his actions and, if you're brave, guess what I told the man (don't worry, there is no trick. He correctly guessed.)

Well, I'd assume the exit is on the first floor no expression

Rogue Jedi
What the hell do you know? You're german.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
What the hell do you know? You're german.

Excuse me. I got a PhD in building exit management.

Bardock42
Additionally, I hereby take the guess that you said "pewty ballsy bewbzy fart!" to the man.

Rogue Jedi
Well......yeah.

mikeydude
i couldnt read a past the first page.
too, much to read. erm

dadudemon
Well, I'd assume the exit is on the first floor no expression

....?

Duh?

It could not have been anymore obvious unless I directly stated, "the first floor is where people exit the building." no expression But that's so painfully obvious that it really didn't need to be said. facepalm

Sure, there are buildings with multiple exits, on different floors, but those are the the very small exception.

Additionally, I hereby take the guess that you said "pewty ballsy bewbzy fart!" to the man.

That's a good guess, but you didn't spell "pewpty" correctly.

Here's what I said, almost verbatim:

"You correctly guessed that I was going to the first floor without even asking me. That indicates that you have insight into "personnel management" because you paid close attention to what I just said to you a few seconds ago. You're obviously a manager because you work on the 3rd floor, but your ability to deduce what you did, without thinking much about it, indicates that you've been managing people for over 20 years."

I stepped out of the elevator at this point and he says, "That's a lot of good guesses in such a short amount of time. 22 years, to be exact."

3 levels here:

1. Recognizing, quickly, the floor I needed to go to.

2. Recognizing the management insight and floor deduction.

3. Guessing, based off of the confidence, inflection, and words of the manager, how long he had been a manager.

Folks, that's how you get promotions: impress managers. It doesn't hurt to make a wrong guess, as long as the guesses are at least logical and intelligent. It is still building a relationship of trust and familiarity, which is useful if you apply for a position in the department of the manager you fraternize with.

Reliz da Kraken
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.