Young Link runs a difficult gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LLLLLink
Ganondorf has arranged the cooperation of several powerful people to pit their efforts against the menace that is Young Link.

The setting is the Midgar slums.

1. Cloud Strife w/ Buster Sword

2. Alex Mercer

3. Master Chief w/ Energy Sword, nades, ect.

4. Ryu Hayabusa w/ Dabilahro

5. Samus Aran

Ban list: Fierce Deity, Giant's Mask
Young Link is fully equipped from both OoT and MM otherwise.

For the sake of entertainment, keep going even if YL falls. I'm pretty bored roll eyes (sarcastic)

MooCowofJustice
I'm gonna say he loses to Samus Aran.

LLLLLink
I'm assuming that means you think he beats everyone else, Moo?

SpadeKing
does he have to actually kill mercer?

LLLLLink
Subdue him or otherwise end the fight.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, I do.

My reasoning is that Young Link doesn't have that insane level of strength Adult Link gets. It could prove difficult for him to sufficiently damage Samus.

Burning thought
Alex could prob just asorb him.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Yeah, I do.

My reasoning is that Young Link doesn't have that insane level of strength Adult Link gets. It could prove difficult for him to sufficiently damage Samus.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/young-link-master-sword-artwork-zelda-ocarina-of-time-big.jpg

/THREAD, lol.

But seriously, what about the Mirror Shield? That would prove annoying for Samus.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Burning thought
Alex could prob just asorb him.

thats what I'm thinking, he stabs alex, alex just easily absorbs him.

LLLLLink
Ice Arrows freeze Alex, I'd say.
As we know, the arrows can extinguish a volcano. Here's a quote on Krakatoa's eruption:

"The force was thousands of times more powerful than the atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima."

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by LLLLLink
But seriously, what about the Mirror Shield? That would prove annoying for Samus.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Samus has faced plenty of bosses/enemies with attack-reflecting capabilities, so if you think the Mirror Shield alone is gonna save Young Link, you've got another thing coming.

She would probably just rip off the shield with her Grapple Beam/Lasso like she does to the Space Pirates in Prime 3. laughing

ScreamPaste
See, if it were adult Link that'd be a bad idea. But here it seems like a valid tactic.

Which gear does Samus have, 5L? She never has it all at once.

Ridley_Prime
*bets he's gonna say Samus doesn't have the grapple lasso just so YL will have another advantage* erm

ScreamPaste
I doubt it. Samus has that in almost every game.

It's not like he can just say she has "Half of this equipment, and Link has all his.", though to be fair, he did ban some of Link's gear stick out tongue

Anyway, I'm betting he picks atleast one whole game, or allows you to. But if you say super metroid I'll be moderately displeased D=<

Ridley_Prime
I'm honestly not sure which I'd pick erm, though the Metroid Prime 3 version would definitely be unfair because of the Hyper Mode...

ScreamPaste
Not that unfair. Link's magic arrows are kinda beefy. The speed booster actually seems more annoying than hyper mode.

BloodRain
1. Not getting into this one. But for the hell of it; can Link do what cloud did in ACC (cene with seph jumping and slashing around)

2. Not 100% sure how either will kill the other. BUT Alex is an ace at taking down science/tech, Link is all about the magic :/

3. MC clubs Link at the back of the head (always works in halo lol)
Links dealt with explosives, energy sword sucks in a real fight. All about the durability here.

4. Ryus faster (? or something in the speed area...... maybe agile) but 'no' in the end. Be interesting to watch though.

5. Best chance, need more details on what weapons shes aloud.

LLLLLink
Samus has the Gravity Suit and Super Missiles, Morph Ball bombs (the big ones), Wavebuster, and Flamethrower, and pretty much anything else. This is Metroid Prime 1 Samus, because it seems to me to be the most concrete standard of the series.

If Samus tries to grapple YL's shield, whats to stop him from putting his own hookshot through Samus's helmet? Or how about Ice arrows?
Ice arrows>Sheegoth breath or Thardus ice.
Also, Stone Mask.

Also, remember that YL has strapped a magically explosive mask to his FACE and detonated with minimal damage. This is one durable little basterd.

ScreamPaste
So, MP1 equipment, minus phazon suit?

LLLLLink
Why not? Throw in the Phazon suit too.

K1ll3r
Cloud knocks Link on the head with his sword and knocks him out!

ScreamPaste
/facepalm

SpadeKing
Ice Arrows freeze Alex, I'd say.
As we know, the arrows can extinguish a volcano. Here's a quote on Krakatoa's eruption:

"The force was thousands of times more powerful than the atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima."

Never seen alex frozen so I have no clue how he fairs with that.

Ridley_Prime
Samus has the Gravity Suit and Super Missiles, Morph Ball bombs (the big ones), Wavebuster, and Flamethrower, and pretty much anything else. This is Metroid Prime 1 Samus, because it seems to me to be the most concrete standard of the series.
I'm not sure Link's shield would save him from the Wavebuster. It zaps just about anything... Use Power Bombs on top of that for good measure, and young Link is toast.

If Samus tries to grapple YL's shield, whats to stop him from putting his own hookshot through Samus's helmet?
I dunno. What's to stop Samus from going into Morph Ball form before the hookshot reaches her helmet, then use Boost Ball to get behind YL, and lay a bunch of bombs beside him? They'll detonate by the time he even notices them.

fascistcrusader
Adult Link coulsn't beat anyone on that list, making Young Link is pure spite.

ScreamPaste
Someone's bitter.

fascistcrusader
Nope, just not a fanboy. smile

Anyone on the list speedblitzes Link into oblivion, except for maybe Mercer, and he just absorbs Link.

Maester_yoda
facepalm......and you are basing this on ......what....exactly

other than your ignorance i mean

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I dunno. What's to stop Samus from going into Morph Ball form before the hookshot reaches her helmet, then use Boost Ball to get behind YL, and lay a bunch of bombs beside him? They'll detonate by the time he even notices them.

YL uses Spin attack while she's in Morph Ball form, big deal. Also, Morph Ball bombs are ignorable to a dynamite-to-face tanker. Someone has watched Haloid too many times...

1. Samus cant find YL at all because of the power of the Stone Mask. (this was covered in another thread, so dont fight it)

2. Lets not forget that Chatuae Romani + NL combo if he needs it.

3. Time manipulation

4. Ice/Fire arrows blink they are too good.

Ridley_Prime
YL uses Spin attack while she's in Morph Ball form, big deal.
Samus uses Boost Ball to get out of the way of his spinning, then lays a Power Bomb before he's even done with his Spin attack.

GG

Also, Morph Ball bombs are ignorable to a dynamite-to-face tanker. Someone has watched Haloid too many times...
lol I don't go by fan-made vids like that when defending Samus or any other character. The Morph Ball Bombs were exaggerated in Haloid I'll admit, but they can still be deadly if used strategically enough. Assuming they wouldn't hurt YL at all is just stupid.

Of course, this is all assuming he even gets to Samus in the first place and gets past Mercer and the others before her.

LLLLLink
Samus uses Boost Ball to get out of the way of his spinning, then lays a Power Bomb before he's even done with his Spin attack.

GG

How can she move out of the way of the Spin attack AND lay a bomb under him at the same time? Fail.
If you would play a Zelda game (lol), then you would know that he only spins once, and that there is a huge wave of magic energy that ingulfes the area when he does one.

lol I don't go by fan-made vids like that when defending Samus or any other character, though Morph Ball Bombs can be deadly if used strategically enough. Assuming they wouldn't hurt YL at all is just stupid.

I never said that. But it is true that explosions dont impede YL's movement.

Ridley_Prime
How can she move out of the way of the Spin attack AND lay a bomb under him at the same time? Fail.
She lays a Power Bomb immediately after getting out of the way. The Boost Ball is that fast.

I'm aware of the area-ingulfing effect when Link does the spin attack, but that doesn't mean something with super speed (like Samus's Speed Booster or Boost Ball) can't get out of it.

MooCowofJustice
I've never seen the Boost Ball do anything that fast.

LLLLLink
She lays a Power Bomb immediately after getting out of the way. The Boost Ball is that fast.

I'm aware of the area-ingulfing effect when Link does the spin attack, but that doesn't mean something with super speed (like Samus's Speed Booster or Boost Ball) can't get out of it.

1. Its not that fast at all.

2. Even if it was, she would be out of bombing range.

Even nerfed YL is too goodz.

BloodRain
About Links durability, if his flesh gets cut by a sword what 'apparently' happens? Nothing saying he cant get cut/peirced unless theres proof somewhere.

Maester_yoda
uhh...theres no proof that he craps either...but we know it happens......just because you don't see it in a game doesn't mean it doesn't happen....of course link just tanks most everything anyway....so you wouldn't see a scar or scratch

BloodRain
But getting sliced is i lil bigger deal. Just saying ive seen people saying a sword wont hurt him which i find hard to believe. meh

fascistcrusader
I'm basing it on the fact that Link has never moved faster than a normal human in any Zelda game I've played, which includes all but Phantom Hourglass and the Oracle games. Everyone on here is hundreds of times faster than Link except for Mercer, but there's nothing Link can do to him to stop him.

ScreamPaste
Someone didn't play MM, either then. But as usual your bias is showing.

anyway, Cloud has no answer to Nayru's love or Goron Link.

fascistcrusader
No, I've played Majora's Mask, and for the 100th time the whip's cracker doesn't hit the target, dodging a whip is not a feat that's even close to the speed of sound. Go talk to a professional whip cracker, after he's done laughing he'll set you straight. smile

ScreamPaste
Lol, spoken like someone who knows nothing about how a whip works.

"Whips don't work liek that D: *supplies no facts*"

Fact: whip crack = sonic boom.
Fact 2: Link dodges teh whip crackz.

Your argument is what? O:

fascistcrusader
No, champ, I know all too well how a whip works.

Fact: The whips last inch is the only thing that moves faster than mach one.

Fact: This portion of the whip snaps back, AWAY from what it's being whipped towards.

Dodging a whip is something Indiana Jones bad guys can do...

ScreamPaste
Indiana Jones bad guys are fictional characters. dur

fascistcrusader
Good lord, you have such a hard on for Link that you think he's real? You need to get off the smack, champ.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Good lord, you have such a hard on for Link that you think he's real? You need to get off the smack, champ.

I'd think of you as a person if you ever contributed something useful.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I've never seen the Boost Ball do anything that fast.
Have you played the games? Quadraxis and a couple other bosses in the series had a spin attack that engulfed the area too, but the player could still escape them by the speed of the Boost Ball.

Samus escapes Link's area-engulfing spin the same way she does those, uses another boost to get behind Link, then owns his ass with a Power Bomb.

2. Even if it was, she would be out of bombing range.
The Power Bombs have very good range (much more than regular bombs). If you wanna go by the sidescroller games, they hit everything on the entire screen. stick out tongue

Out of range my ass.

ScreamPaste
I hope you're not actually so dense as to have missed my point...

Fictional characters can do things real people cannot. Like dodging cracked whips. We can't do that.

fascistcrusader
Unfortunately for you physics says otherwise. Arrows are harder to dodge than a whip, and highly trained normal humans in our world can snatch those mid flight. A tiny portion of a whip moving away from where it's thrown faster than mach 1 doesn't make the whole thing move that fast. If Link is supersonic then so are Nazi's in the Indiana Jones universe.

ScreamPaste
Stop citing fiction to try to prove what's possible for normal people. no expression Even you must realise that's retarded.

fascistcrusader
Even you must realize that Link is just as fictional as an Indy film. The fact is the people in fiction who are just normal people dodge whips, meaning that even if the part of the whip that hits the target moved at mach 1 you still have no proof that Link can move that fast. Even if I let you use fake math that was generated in your colon you still have no argument.

The whole crux of it really falls down though when you realize that Link needs a horse to go faster than normal people, a horses top speed is like 30mph or something, not mach 3. Hell even the guy in Hyrule Field in OoT can outrun Link, and he's just a standard Hylian.

ScreamPaste
This part made me lol so hard.
1. You're still using fiction to try and prove your point about what a normal person should be able to do. This is inherently flawed. ...So I guess you don't realise how retarded it is?
2. I magicly invented an accurate formula useful in physics? And I used my poop dispenser to do so. HM. I'm clearly magical. Do I also fart smoke and pixie dust?

1. You're mistaking speed and reaction time. Nice fail.
2. Epona's not a normal horse by any standard. See the gerudo valley cutscene. Even as a fole she's freakin' uber.
3. That man was not normal. no expression He could outrun epona, AND teleportation, and was generally an asinine douche bag who made you think you could beat him and win something... But you never did. /Childhood rage.
Sephiroth wouldn't outrun him either, so more fail.

K1ll3r
I can dodge a whip, I am supersonic.

Burning thought
hes not trying to use the ole whip rubbish again to try and say Link is supersonic in speed is he? lolz, so whats Screampastes Link now? a 1000 tonner who moves faster than sound?

ScreamPaste
No, no you cannot.

K1ll3r
Yep, and there are several fundamental flaws in his argument.

A. Dodging a whip is definitely not equal to dodging an object at supersonic speeds.
B. Link may have never dodged a whip, ever.

And, yes I can, so can other people, it isn't hard.

Burning thought
ill assess B the same way I have always done, the whole whip argument is based on gameplay, theres never a cutscene of Link dodging whips unless theres a vid of it outside of the whole "zomg majora has big whipz he has to have cought link on dems!"

ScreamPaste
No they can't. It's not within human reaction time. We require atleast a quarter of a second do register a problem and do something about it. So.. You're full of poo.

Burning thought
The sonic crack at the end of a whip comes after the entity swings the whip, humans can react to other humans reacts quite handily....

K1ll3r
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
No they can't. It's not within human reaction time. We require atleast a quarter of a second do register a problem and do something about it. So.. You're full of poo.

So the action of cracking a whip is < 1/4 of a second?

ScreamPaste
@BT

Anyone good enough with a whip can crack it at pretty much any time, you can't dodge something like that until the loop is tugged, sorry to say.

Maybe if someone told you "hold still until I raise my arm, then move real quick, and I'll whip where you were!" you could dodge that... But If you allow that, I can dodge lasers. IE, your argument is shit, and would never happen in actual combat.

@Killer: The whip crack consists of the following:
1. Tug loop
2. end of whip accelerates to super sonic speed toward whatever you aimed it at.

Burning thought
A human can be reacted to, as can his actions, your argument is in shambles and even if whips moved instantly at the speed of sound by themselves Link has still no cutscene or canon statement of him dodging whips. Only supposed gameplay unfortunaltey...

K1ll3r
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
@BT

Anyone good enough with a whip can crack it at pretty much any time, you can't dodge something like that until the loop is tugged, sorry to say.

Maybe if someone told you "hold still until I raise my arm, then move real quick, and I'll whip where you were!" you could dodge that... But If you allow that, I can dodge lasers. IE, your argument is shit, and would never happen in actual combat.

@Killer: The whip crack consists of the following:
1. Tug loop
2. end of whip accelerates to super sonic speed toward whatever you aimed it at.

What the hell? Crack it at any time? I bet you have never physically cracked a whip.

NO

1. Create loop.
2. Tug loop.
3. SUPERSONIC BOOM.

Once a loop is created you cannot change it's trajectory.

ScreamPaste
That's untrue, because a loop is plenty adjustable. no expression It's very easy to keep a whip in perpetual motion, which makes dodging it totally impossible for a human being, period. At best, you're missed.

BloodRain
Wasnt a video posted proving that a whip can be adjusted at any time :/

And reaction time/agility =/= speed (Link dodging the whip =/= Running at Mach3)
Speed; running a marathon
Reaction time; time it take to react off an action
Agility; what spiderman does best stick out tongue mainly in dodging.

A normal person can at least acknowledge that they are to be hit by a whip and has enough time to flinch or attempt to sidestep, (and fail) so is it really that far of stretch for Link the wonder elf to evade it?

fascistcrusader
Good lord, for the millionth time whip cracks are not meant to strike the target, only the very tip cracks as it snaps AWAY FROM THE TARGET.

Stop believing anything you see in movies. Whips intended to strike an animal or person arwn't cracked, Hollywood just adds the effect in for drama. Cracked whips are meant to snapped above or behind animals to scare them, you can't hit a target with the tip of a cracked whip.

LLLLLink
Oh look, a bunch of awesome people who can dodge whips!whip

Hey! I have an idea. Since you can react faster than the speed of sound too, why dont you go out and try to dodge bullets?
Get back too me and let me know how that went, LMFAO!!!

"Good lord, for the millionth time whip cracks are not meant to strike the target..."

Obviously somebody has never been popped with a towel before...

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Burning thought
A human can be reacted to, as can his actions, your argument is in shambles and even if whips moved instantly at the speed of sound by themselves Link has still no cutscene or canon statement of him dodging whips. Only supposed gameplay unfortunaltey...

Sadly most of the people here don't get the last parts of what you said.

Oh look, a bunch of awesome people who can dodge whips!whip

Hey! I have an idea. Since you can react faster than the speed of sound too, why dont you go out and try to dodge bullets?
Get back too me and let me know how that went, LMFAO!!!

"Good lord, for the millionth time whip cracks are not meant to strike the target..."

Obviously somebody has never been popped with a towel before...

So towels are whips now?

LLLLLink
Originally posted by SpadeKing

So towels are whips now?

...You're not serious, are you?

SpadeKing
Its like comparing a gun to a bb gun, they just don't work the exact same.

iChaos
Lol, "cracks". "whips" Lol.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Its like comparing a gun to a bb gun, they just don't work the exact same.

The only difference here is the damage and pain respectively.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.