Veritas.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
This is not "manga" per se, but it is manhwa, Korean manga.

Just got done reading all of the available chapters on onemanga: http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/

It is good. I read all volumes in 7 hours, very rare for someone like me. There are 62 chapters, and each chapter is a little longer than a weekly shonen jump manga.

You read it from left to right, btw.

The story is similar to Tengu Tenge, in many ways. It does have fan service, but no nudity.

The manga is about a young man who grew up in the rough part of town, and got his butt kicked many times until he started fighting harder, and made a name for himself. However, as he gets older, he gets into a fight with some highschoolers (he was middle school), and was getting beat down and this dude comes along and beats the crap out of all those guys like they were nothing. The boy wantd him to be his martial arts master and begged him bla bla bla. The strange martial arts dude (who is late teens, early 20s), makes him do silly stuff, and eventually concendes to be his teacher.

The story leads to his teacher's death, and the young man joining a martial arts school to become stronger and get to the bottom of his master's death.

Nephthys
The manwha's fuggin' epic. Very similar to The Breaker except a little more plot-heavy.

Vera's my favourite character. Telling that ******* to hurry up and rape her or piss off was badass. And then getting her revenge in the most one-sided curbstomp in history is also badass.

AsbestosFlaygon
Looks interesting..

I'll get to it when I have the time.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
The manwha's fuggin' epic. Very similar to The Breaker except a little more plot-heavy.

Vera's my favourite character. Telling that ******* to hurry up and rape her or piss off was badass. And then getting her revenge in the most one-sided curbstomp in history is also badass.

Vera is hot.

But, I don't like her. She's too much of a b*tch and too serious. Also, I didn't want the rapist man to be beat down...as he never intended to rape her, he just wanted to scare the shit out of her, and also get her to acknowledge him for all of his hard work. But, noooo, she had to stay being a stuck up b*tch, the whole time. He was in love with her, but she didn't want to waste time on something petty like that, regardless of how hot and obviously over flowing with estrogen she was.

I didn't want that guy to die. I wanted him to get his beat down, and then train the main character with some of his moves, n'stuff.

My favorite character is the main character because he is just like naruto or the main character from Tengu Tenge, cept, he doesn't get random amps. He has to work his ass off for everything he gets. he refuses artificial ki, and he's just average intelligence (or even below average.) I prefer the hard worker over the genius that doesn't have to try at anything, i.e. Neji from Nartuo, or Vera from Veritas.

However, I want the main character to get better. Sure, he's probably the best at improvised dog-fighthing, but that only gets you so far against level 8 and level 9 characters. He's between a level 8 and a level 9. His speed is probably a level 7 and his most destructive attack is close to a mid level 9. (That new one he is working on.)

And, unlike DBZ, the power levels have continuity.

Also, what I like about this manga is it plans a bit better for the future and longer. The writer didn't cover what was taught during those 2 months that the main character was in his training, so that those elements could be incorporated later into the manhwa withOUT creating plot holes. And, I like the fact that we the reader get to see those teaching plot points along with the main character. It's like, we have an epiphany with the character, as well.

It does have fan service a la Air Gear. But, I don't like the fact that they make the characters nude in places that their bits and pieces would be seen quite easily....but there's nothing there. More specifically, the hole breast is shown...but, for some odd reason, there's no nipple. WTF? I just like more realism, that's all. Either don't show it, or draw it write without the silly censors. I don't want to have to be reminded that they are censoring this shit before it goes to print so they can sell more to a broader demographic. Either do it right, or avoid odd looking "nudity" altogether.

dadudemon
Here are some facts on this manhwa:

Writer: YOON Joon-sik and

illustrator: KIM Dong-hoon

Protagonist: Gangryong Ma

Supporting characters: Rud, Guhoo, Shinra (another b*tch...to the max, actually), Shin Jeeha, and Honse.

Those are the important characters....including Vera.

The Director, Jinyup (fire dragon) and Yuri(the comatose chosen one, chosen to lead and become god-like through a ritual) are probably big players in this, as well.

Stealth
Veritas is freakin' epic. Been reading it for a couple of months now. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.