Anaconda versus Basilisk...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
A 50 foot Anaconda from "Anaconda" goes up against the Basilisk from "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets."

The fight takes place in the Chamber of Secrets. I looked it up, the Basilisk is also fiftyish fifty feet long. The Basilisk's eyes cannot petrify the Anaconda here, it's fang on fang.

Impediment
Spite, then.

If the Basilisk can petrify the cat, then why not a snake?

Even still, looking at the sheer dimensions of the Basilisk, it would tear an anaconda apart.

They may have the same length, but the basilisk has much more girth, height, and weight. The sheer size of basilisk alone is enough to end this fight on page one.

Basilisk is gonna have a South American meal.

Rogue Jedi
Well, I didnt include the petrification thing because it makes it too one sided.

I looked upthe dimensions, the Basilisk was fifty feet long. Anacondas reach 50 to 100 feet long. Lets say the Anaconda is 75 feet long?

From what I saw, the Anaconda was much much quicker, and it can do the squeeze attack.

Quincy
still basilisk methinks

Rogue Jedi
I dont think its that easy, man. The basilisk was slow compared to an Anaconda. Harry Potter held the basilisk at bay with a sword ffs.

Quincy
but you said Harry was awesome

Rogue Jedi
He is haermm but that's irrelevant.

Impediment
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I dont think its that easy, man. The basilisk was slow compared to an Anaconda. Harry Potter held the basilisk at bay with a sword ffs.

An enchanted MAGICAL sword.

An anaconda has none of these.

The basilisk is twice as big and three times as heavy as the snake.

/Thread.

Rogue Jedi
An enchanted sword wielded by a second year who had never touched a sword before.

I'm going with the Anaconda here, I think it's speed and squeeze attack wins it. Size matters not, Bee-otch. I the Basilisk cant catch it, how does it kill it?

Impediment
So now alluva sudden, Harry is a lowly 2nd year, even though you used him as reference?

Speed matters not.

The anaconda is, by far, smaller than the Basy.

The basy is, by far, larger than the snake.

Do the math.

Rogue Jedi
In COS, yes, he was a second year mostly inexperienced wizard. He was still learning. In OOTP and THBP, he was WAY more powerful.

Speed matters not? Oooooooooook........Tell that to the Basilisk as the Anaconda chokes it out.

Impediment
I'll admit: The anaconda was fast as f*ck on screen while on the deck of the boat.

Still, look at the sheer size of basy compared to anny.

This might as well be comparing Andre the Giant to Mini-Me.

Rogue Jedi
Well, I was thinking when it caught that guy in a freefall under the waterfall, or when it caught Jon Voight when he was climbing the ladder, it showed speed that the Basilisk can only dream of.

Impediment
Agreed.

Still. Look at the sheer size of Basy. He trumps Anny. Period.

I mean, is it that hard to see, man?

Impediment
Plus, Basy is a mythological/fictional creature,

Anny is not,

Rogue Jedi
Anny haermm

It didnt display any magical powers, did it? This is a toe to toe battle, fang on fang, and the Anacondas speed will trump the sheer size of the basilisk IMO.

The Basilisk fell easily enough to Harry's sword.

Impediment
Anny haermm

It didnt display any magical powers, did it? This is a toe to toe battle, fang on fang, and the Anacondas speed will trump the sheer size of the basilisk IMO.

The Basilisk fell easily enough to Harry's sword.

Again: A MAGICAL sword. A magical sword is not "fang on fang."

Anny has no Magical Sword. Or magical fangs, for the matter.

He dies.

Hard.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
Again: A MAGICAL sword. A magical sword is not "fang on fang."

Anny has no Magical Sword. Or magical fangs, for the matter.

He dies.

Hard. It was a sword, it had a blade.......

Fawkes tore out one of the basilisks eyes without using powers.

Harry was on foot, running away, and the basilisk couldnt catch him haermm

The Anaconda evades everything the basilisk throws at it, wraps around it, and crushes it.

Impediment
Fawkes is a Phoenix. Magical bird.

Using common physics, a snake that size could not constrict a basy that size. The basy would just get mad and bite down.

Rogue Jedi
You ever grab a small dog by the back of its neck and hold it aloft? And it tries in vain to bite you?

Quincy
did you just compare a small dog to the basilisk?

Rogue Jedi
Yup. It's the same thing. Anaconda is crushing it, the Basilisk wont be able to reach around and bite it.

XanatosForever
...Umm...Anacondas...don't have fangs. erm

Also, there's a big difference between a snake constricting a quadrapedal dog and another "snake" creature.

dadudemon
Couple of things need to be cleared up:

Anacondas grow to 30 feet, from what we have seen. NOT 50-75.

The one in the movie was 40 feet (This site says that this prehistoric snake was larger than the one in the movie, and this one was 43 feet. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1450683/giant_snake_bones_found_in_colombia.html)

And, yes, fangs are extra long teeth that carry venom. So, Xanatos is correct in that.

Rogue Jedi
http://www.extremescience.com/BiggestSnake.htm

Also, screw real life Anacondas, the ones in the movie were at least fifty feet.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by XanatosForever
...Umm...Anacondas...don't have fangs. erm

Also, there's a big difference between a snake constricting a quadrapedal dog and another "snake" creature. I know they dont have fangs, it was just something I said, like "toe to toe."

The Anacondas constricted far more than a dog. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dadudemon
http://www.extremescience.com/BiggestSnake.htm

Also, screw real life Anacondas, the ones in the movie were at least fifty feet.

But, the one in the movie was 40 feet.

Rogue Jedi
OK, 40 feet, and light years faster than the Basilisk. The Basilisk couldn't even catch Harry Potter on foot haermm

Rogue Jedi
Lemmee break it down a little sumthin:

Great white shark against a pod of dolphins, who wins?

Bong. Boing. Bang.

dadudemon
Lemmee break it down a little sumthin:

Great white shark against a pod of dolphins, who wins?

Bong. Boing. Bang.

You should actually make good comparisons in order to make your point. I'll help:

It would be 1 great white against 1 dolphin with the brain from the dolphin switched into the great white's head, and the brain from the great white, in the dolphin's head.

Rogue Jedi
And the magical spells go boom.

Anaconda, faaaaaaaaaast. Anaconda, constricts. yes

Basilisk, no can catch Harry on foot. no Basilisk, sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooow. yes

Basilisk no can catch Anaconda, Anaconda evades all attacks and consticts for the lulz.

dadudemon
And the magical spells go boom.

Anaconda, faaaaaaaaaast. Anaconda, constricts. yes

Basilisk, no can catch Harry on foot. no Basilisk, sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooow. yes

Basilisk no can catch Anaconda, Anaconda evades all attacks and consticts for the lulz.

I don't know who wins...I just want to keep facts straight.

Also, basilisks have skin like dragon hide. Does that change anything?

Rogue Jedi
Nah, the Anaconda aint biting it. How do you now they have skin like dragon hide?

dadudemon
Nah, the Anaconda aint biting it. How do you now they have skin like dragon hide?

I read the chamber of secrets and towards the end of the book, when harry is preparing to meet the Bassy, he gears up with knowledge, fawkes, etc. I think it was hermione or Dumbledore that told harry that most spells won't work on the Basilisk because it's skin is like Dragon Hide: impervious to almost all spells.

Rogue Jedi
K, and it can be crushed via constriction.

dadudemon
K, and it can be crushed via constriction.

Wasn't seen on-screen, it can't be crushed.

PWNED!

Rogue Jedi
And none of what you posted was shown onscreen. Triple stamp pwn, no quitsies.

dadudemon
And none of what you posted was shown onscreen. Triple stamp pwn, no quitsies.

You have to prove it.

You must watch TCOS all over again, to confirm to everyone, that it was only seen on the book.

Then, you have to counter me with an MVF rule/ruling from Imp that says that the movie is canon, and the book is not (cause it's the opposite: the book is canon and the movie is not, so the book trumps the movie...remember the riddick thread? more pwn).

Rogue Jedi
I've seen COS a dozen times, and nowhere is it implied that the Basilisk has dragon hide skin.

Books FTW? crylaugh MVF, dude, MOVIE versus, not book. The books/comics/whatever are all bullshit here, onscreen feats, what we SEE, that's what matters.

I saw a big ass Basilisk unable to catch a 12-13 year old on foot. I saw much faster Anaconda's constricting people and things left and right.

dadudemon
I've seen COS a dozen times, and nowhere is it implied that the Basilisk has dragon hide skin.

Books FTW? crylaugh MVF, dude, MOVIE versus, not book. The books/comics/whatever are all bullshit here, onscreen feats, what we SEE, that's what matters.

I saw a big ass Basilisk unable to catch a 12-13 year old on foot. I saw much faster Anaconda's constricting people and things left and right.

No matter how many times you say it, you can't change the fact that the movie is secondary to the book. The book is the primary canon. If the movie does something that contradicts the book, the book automatically wins out, regardless of where the conversation takes place.

Nothing can change this, not even a mod decision. If they said the movie trumps the book, they'd be wrong, regardless of the location. smile What do you think JK Rowling would have to say about it? smile

Quincy
didnt it like, constrict Ice Cube - but he was alright?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quincy
didnt it like, constrict Ice Cube - but he was alright? It started to, then something happened to make it release him.

Originally posted by dadudemon
No matter how many times you say it, you can't change the fact that the movie is secondary to the book. The book is the primary canon. If the movie does something that contradicts the book, the book automatically wins out, regardless of where the conversation takes place.

Nothing can change this, not even a mod decision. If they said the movie trumps the book, they'd be wrong, regardless of the location. smile What do you think JK Rowling would have to say about it? smile JK Rowling would tell us to stop being asshats haermm

This isn't a book forum, dude.

dadudemon
JK Rowling would tell us to stop being asshats haermm

This isn't a book forum, dude.

lulz.

Actually, she'd sue us for not getting permission to use her characters. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.