Rocky vs Holmes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
This is rocky from rocky 3 after his training from apollo vs Sherlock Holmes from the new movie so this Robert Downey Jr. The fight takes place in the same ring where Rocky beat Clubber Lang, In Rockys Corner is Apollo and in Holmes' corner is Dr. Watson, 15 rounds unless of course there is a knock out.

Who wins?

dadudemon
Since the fights in Sherlock Holmes are much more realistic than in the Rocky films (If you get busted in the ears (diverting your guard and attention to your ears, and take a bare-knuckle shot to the ribs, your ribs will break, etc), you need to specify which reality are we going for: the unrealistic reality of people taking haymakers over and over again and not getting knocked out, or the more realistic approach to fighting from Holmes?

steverules_2
Scenario 1: Non-Realistic

Scenario 2: Realistic

smile There ya go

KingD19
Scenario 1: Rocky
Scenario 2: Holmes

Rocky is too durable to not lose in the 1st scenario, even though Holmes is crackhead quick, and can hit pretty damn hard, with the accuracy of a surgeon/martial arts master.

In the 2nd scenario, Holmes takes Rocky out permanently a few minutes into the first round, maybe even less than that. His skill and speed are too much for the Italian Stallion to handle.

Rogue Jedi
Realism in the MVF?

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Since the fights in Sherlock Holmes are much more realistic than in the Rocky films (If you get busted in the ears (diverting your guard and attention to your ears, and take a bare-knuckle shot to the ribs, your ribs will break, etc), you need to specify which reality are we going for: the unrealistic reality of people taking haymakers over and over again and not getting knocked out, or the more realistic approach to fighting from Holmes?

Rocky's ability to take unrealistic amounts of damage is his thing, so it plays here.

steverules_2
This is kinda like when Rocky took on thunderlips, wrestler vs boxer only slightly different this time around

Nightstick
Originally posted by Robtard
Rocky's ability to take unrealistic amounts of damage is his thing, so it plays here.

Kind of what I was thinking.

Their is no need for the silly 2 scenario thing. Unless some one is trying to invent a way for Holmes to win. That said Holmes can beat on Rocky 'til his hands break and he's exhausted at which Balboa dusts himself off and KO's Sherlock in a flurry of haymakers.

KingD19
If Holmes can't beat Rocky using actualy technique and pressure points and such, he'll probably do something Rocky can't bounce back from, and especially since this isn't a boxing match, it's a fight, so Holmes has free range of his deadly arsenal. I say he takes it, probably by dislocating, or breaking something important.

Then he deduces that the reason Sylvester Stylone talks like that is because he got his ass beat constantly as a child, and ate away his tears in Italin Chocolate. The combination gave him the attempt at a voice he has now.

dadudemon
Originally posted by KingD19
Scenario 1: Rocky
Scenario 2: Holmes

Rocky is too durable to not lose in the 1st scenario, even though Holmes is crackhead quick, and can hit pretty damn hard, with the accuracy of a surgeon/martial arts master.

In the 2nd scenario, Holmes takes Rocky out permanently a few minutes into the first round, maybe even less than that. His skill and speed are too much for the Italian Stallion to handle.

I agree with everything you've stated.

Also, there's no PIS in this fight, so Holmes won't be pulling his punches to get more money bet on the match, like he did in the film. Like all vs. matches, it's all out. So, Holmes fights bareknuckle, and Rocky fights with gloves: advantage Holmes.

First scenario, Rocky cannot be knocked out. He wins, and his ribs don't break.

Second Scenrio: more realism means ribs will break, quite easily. In the last Rocky film, that dude's hand broke, so I guess Rocky tried to get a tad more realistic in the last film. Still, it's a very very fast victory for Holmes in a more realistic match.

Edit: Don't forget, guys, Holmes is much faster, and fights WAY dirtier. He will be doing eye gouges, throat punches, breaking knees, etc. He will deduce that Rocky has brain damage, and it's over...if he figures out the "sweet" spot to knock Rocko out.

Rogue Jedi
Rocky's ability to take unrealistic amounts of damage is his thing, so it plays here. Is it just me, or is Rocky gimped in scenario two?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Is it just me, or is Rocky gimped in scenario two?

He's not. It's actually letting Holmes use his full abilities whereas, the first scenario is gimping Holmes.

Robtard
He's not. It's actually letting Holmes use his full abilities whereas, the first scenario is gimping Holmes.

The OP was fine with no gimps on either side. It was one movie character Vs another, in an battleground that wouldn't favor either.

Adding a "realistic" angle where one character is certainly less real in terms of fighting abilities only gimps that character, namely Rocky.

Lets face it, Rocky is a shitty fighter/boxer as seen in the films, taking away his super-human ability to eat punches while making a stupid face is like taking away Harry Potter's magic.

Rogue Jedi
The OP was fine with no gimps on either side. It was one movie character Vs another, in an battleground that wouldn't favor either.

Adding a "realistic" angle where one character is certainly less real in terms of fighting abilities only gimps that character, namely Rocky.

Lets face it, Rocky is a shitty fighter/boxer as seen in the films, taking away his super-human ability to eat punches while making a stupid face is like taking away Harry Potter's magic. I wouldnt say shitty, he was just a toe to toe brawler until Creed trained him. He looked damn lethal in 3.

KingD19
But you're not acknowledging how Rocky is literally unbeatable in a fight. However, if we keep the scenario just both characters from their movies, when Holmes realizes that Rocky has ribs made of steel and a jaw made of lead, then he'll just pry his eyes out, kick his junk till he keels over, then kick him in the throat. All in about 5 seconds.

Robtard
I wouldnt say shitty, he was just a toe to toe brawler until Creed trained him. He looked damn lethal in 3.

He was shitty.

dadudemon

Lets face it, Rocky is a shitty fighter/boxer as seen in the films, taking away his super-human ability to eat punches while making a stupid face is like taking away Harry Potter's magic.

1. No, it was vague. Cause, an umgimped Holmes breaks bones, knees, pops eardrums, ruptures diaphrams. That'd be a lame match up against anyone not like holmes.

2. Incorrect, it makes it more real to make things more realistic. Wait, why the HELL am I even having to explain that to you? And, Rocky isn't gimped in either scenario, it is ONLY a gimping of Holmes.

3. Incorrect, Holmes doesn't haymaker knock-out anyone, really. He just incapacitates them beynod the ability to fight. (Unless you want to count the opening scene where holmes knocks a bunch of blokes.)

Robtard
1. No, it was vague. Cause, an umgimped Holmes breaks bones, knees, pops eardrums, ruptures diaphrams. That'd be a lame match up against anyone not like holmes.

2. Incorrect, it makes it more real to make things more realistic. Wait, why the HELL am I even having to explain that to you? And, Rocky isn't gimped in either scenario, it is ONLY a gimping of Holmes.

3. Incorrect, Holmes doesn't haymaker knock-out anyone, really. He just incapacitates them beynod the ability to fight. (Unless you want to count the opening scene where holmes knocks a bunch of blokes.)

-Holmes does this to normal people. Rocky isn't normal, in terms of durability (and thinking).

-No, this is the MVF forum, adding "realistic" to an unrealistic character like Rocky defeats the purpose.

-Again, to normal humans, who wouldn't be standing and continuing to fight after having a super-Russian pounding on them for 10 rounds.

(Obviously if Rocky were just a normal man, a person with Holmes' ability to hit weak-spot after weak-spot in a flurry wouldn't stand a chance.)

dadudemon
-Holmes does this to normal people. Rocky isn't normal, in terms of durability (and thinking).

He's certainly able to keep himself from getting knocked out, sure. In that aspect, he's superhuman. But that in no way addresses pretty much everything Holmes does to the body.

-No, this is the MVF forum, adding "realistic" to an unrealistic character like Rocky defeats the purpose.

lol

This wasn't about Rocky, ever. This was only about "to gimp Holmes, or not to gimp."

-Again, to normal humans, who wouldn't be standing and continuing to fight after having a super-Russian pounding on them for 10 rounds.

He's certainly able to keep himself from getting knocked out, sure. In that aspect, he's superhuman. But that in no way addresses pretty much everything Holmes does to the body.

(Obviously if Rocky were just a normal man, a person with Holmes' ability to hit weak-spot after weak-spot in a flurry wouldn't stand a chance.)

Right, cause that's exactly what Holmes did, in the movie. no expression

Rogue Jedi
But you're not acknowledging how Rocky is literally unbeatable in a fight. However, if we keep the scenario just both characters from their movies, when Holmes realizes that Rocky has ribs made of steel and a jaw made of lead, then he'll just pry his eyes out, kick his junk till he keels over, then kick him in the throat. All in about 5 seconds. Rocky lost to Apollo and Lang, he is far from unbeatable.

Also, Rocky showed his street fighting prowess against a younger and faster Tommy Gunn.

dadudemon
Rocky lost to Apollo and Lang, he is far from unbeatable.

Also, Rocky showed his street fighting prowess against a younger and faster Tommy Gunn.

Certainly a younger...but faster? Not really. They were about the same with Rocky possibly being faster.

Rogue Jedi

Gay.

Rogue Jedi
Certainly a younger...but faster? Not really. They were about the same with Rocky possibly being faster. Well, I meant to say younger and more stamina, rubber legs and what not.

Robtard

lol

This wasn't about Rocky, ever. This was only about "to gimp Holmes, or not to gimp."

Right, cause that's exactly what Holmes did, in the movie. no expression

Holmes isn't gimped, never was, he was allowed to do whatever he showed in the film. Making Rocky behave to blows in a 'realistic' manner is a gimp to Rocky though.

Rocky's head and ribs are as someone said "like lead and steel". You do have a point as to what Holmes did to other parts though, I didn't factor that.

Okay, not "every" weak-spot on the body, but Holmes' style did take advantage of them. Eardrum, small of the rib, side of the knee etc.

Robtard
Gay.

You finally coming out?

Rogue Jedi
Ivan Drago "He's not human, he's like a piece of lead."

Robtard
Ivan Drago "He's not human, he's like a piece of lead."

I think he said "steel."

Rogue Jedi
I think he said "steel." Pretty sure he said lead.

KingD19
How about we agree that Drago compared Rocky to some form of metal, that is undeniably lethal if injected, injested, or conked over the head with enough time??

Amazing Vrayo!!
holmes

Rogue Jedi
How about we agree that Drago compared Rocky to some form of metal, that is undeniably lethal if injected, injested, or conked over the head with enough time?? Lead.

Robtard
Lead.

We're both wrong, but I was closer, so ha.

This is the quote: "He is not human, he is like a piece of iron."

Rogue Jedi
Same shit.

KingD19
Steel>>>Iron>>>Lead

Not the same. eek!

dadudemon
Same shit.

No, steel is iron with carbon in it. Robtard is really close, actually. The difference between Steel and Iron? About .5-2% of carbon content.

Rogue Jedi
Whatever, Rocky has a strong chin roll eyes (sarcastic)

dadudemon
Whatever, Rocky has a strong chin roll eyes (sarcastic)

K, n'stuff.

Rocky goes down faster than a crack ho.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nightstick
Kind of what I was thinking.

Their is no need for the silly 2 scenario thing. Unless some one is trying to invent a way for Holmes to win. That said Holmes can beat on Rocky 'til his hands break and he's exhausted at which Balboa dusts himself off and KO's Sherlock in a flurry of haymakers. There is no way for Holmes to win, it's silly to even think it.

Blinky
Rocky has had his share of bare knuckle slugfest (Rocky 5),"realistic" or not Holmes ain't knocking out Rocky. Rocky tanked multiple bare-fisted shots from a boxing heavyweight (>200lbs). Holmes, try as he might goes down hard once rocky tags him with a ham-fisted blow. Movies feats are movie feats.

Rogue Jedi
Ham fisted? haermm

Blinky
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ham-fisted

Rogue Jedi
Rocky's punches in Rock 3 were pretty..um...not ham fisted.

Blinky
Either way, if Holmes gets tagged ; his face caves in. It's not Holmes' fault that Rocky is practically super-human.

Rogue Jedi
Exactly, watch the fight in Rocky 2 for proof of this. And Rocky 1. And 3 and 4, And 5 and 6.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Blinky
Rocky has had his share of bare knuckle slugfest (Rocky 5),"realistic" or not Holmes ain't knocking out Rocky. Rocky tanked multiple bare-fisted shots from a boxing heavyweight (>200lbs). Holmes, try as he might goes down hard once rocky tags him with a ham-fisted blow. Movies feats are movie feats.

Cept, in the movie, Holmes was being punched so hard that he was flying acrss the pit.

He pulled his punches, very similarly to Pikey.

Blinky
Does not take that much power to knock a 150/160 pound man across the room.

EDIT: ... In comparison to a 200+lb heavyweight boxer.

dadudemon
Does not take that much power to knock a 150/160 pound man across the room.

EDIT: ... In comparison to a 200+lb heavyweight boxer.

Downey looked about 10lbs lighter than Stallone. Stallone wasn't anywhere close to 200lbs until his last Rambo.

So, if we go by the faux measurement system from the Rocky films, Downey weighed 180-190. no expression

Rogue Jedi
No he didnt haermm

dadudemon
No he didnt haermm

lulz

I did.

Also, when Holmes got constipated, Watson nicked-named Holmes' diagnosis: no sh*t Sherlock.

Rogue Jedi
What about when he had the runs?

dadudemon
What about when he had the runs?

Watson doesn't say anything. He becomes overwhelmed by the luuuube that the pewpty pewps offer, and just starts futt bucking Holmes right then and there.

laughing laughing laughing

Rogue Jedi
Watson doesn't say anything. He becomes overwhelmed by the luuuube that the pewpty pewps offer, and just starts futt bucking Holmes right then and there.

laughing laughing laughing Oh my......

Blinky

So, if we go by the faux measurement system from the Rocky films, Downey weighed 180-190. no expression

Downey weighed 180-190? Says who? Link?

Downey looked about 10lbs lighter than Stallone. Stallone wasn't anywhere close to 200lbs until his last Rambo.

Rocky was 190 lbs in Rocky 1, not far from 200 at all. By Rocky 5 he was 209lbs.

dadudemon
Downey weighed 180-190? Says who? Link?

You're missing it.

I don't know how to explain it any better than I have, though. Just reread my post and see if it clicks.

Rocky was 190 lbs in Rocky 1, not far from 200 at all. By Rocky 5 he was 209lbs.

No he wasn't. On screen, yes, but in real life, he wasn't. Stallone weighed close to 200 for his role in Rambo, the 2008 film and he said himself that that was the heaviest he has ever been.

And, I linked to his weight in some other thread. You can do some searching for that thread, or use google. (I'm busy right now...)

Rogue Jedi
Busy posting in the MVF haermm

dadudemon
Busy posting in the MVF haermm

No, watching "the road" and working...while at work. lulz

Rogue Jedi
No, spanking my willy big grin

Blinky
You're missing it.

I don't know how to explain it any better than I have, though. Just reread my post and see if it clicks.

No he wasn't. On screen, yes, but in real life, he wasn't. Stallone weighed close to 200 for his role in Rambo, the 2008 film and he said himself that that was the heaviest he has ever been.

And, I linked to his weight in some other thread. You can do some searching for that thread, or use google. (I'm busy right now...)

Why the F*CK are you talking about how much the actors weigh? This is the movie VS forums not the celebrity versus forum. Are you going for funny-ha-has?

Balboa (the fictional character in this fight) weighed almost 200 lbs... Holmes weighed d*ck.

C'mon Dude.

Rogue Jedi
Holmes looked maybe 170.

Blinky
Holmes looked maybe 170.

You're being generous.

Rogue Jedi
Soaking wet.

Blinky
^ gross.

Rogue Jedi
You know you got wood, *****.

dadudemon
Why the F*CK are you talking about how much the actors weigh? This is the movie VS forums not the celebrity versus forum. Are you going for funny-ha-has?

I guess you're confused, then.

Holmes' weight was not established, but Rocky's was. The only scale we can go by, since this is a match-up, is the only scale used in one of the films. Going by that scale, Holmes weighs about 10lbs less than Rocky. (They are similar height, and Holmes had a better build than Stallone did in Rocky 1. About the same as Rocky 2.)

Balboa (the fictional character in this fight) weighed almost 200 lbs... Holmes weighed d*ck.

C'mon Dude.

That doesn't change the fact that I'm right, though. You will never be able to appeal to an illogical argument, with me. I'll reject your illogical reality and substitute my own. (lol)

Rocky did not weigh anywhere near close to 200 lbs in any of his films cept for Rambo. But, he was called a heavy-weight. Therefore, Holmes is obviously a light-heavy, judging by the same faux sacle. no expression

You're being generous.

No he's not. that's about right, real world.

But, by the laughable scale in the Rocky films, he weighs closer to 190. no expression

Blinky
Meh. Your scaling is questionable ... that is fact.

But you can pat yourself on the back all you want.

dadudemon
Meh. Your scaling is questionable ... that is fact.

You mean the Rocky films scaling is questionable, right? awesome

But you can pat yourself on the back all you want.

I can't reach it. no expression

My muscles are too big. no expression

That was a low blow, man. LOW BLOW! weep

Rogue Jedi
Damn, man. LOTR FTW.

Blinky
Look lets forget their f*cking weights.

Fact: Rocky (Rock 4) survived and was able to keep fighting after taking blows that had at least 2,000 psi of force. Rocky tanked mulitple direct hits ( to head and body), he didn't get knocked out.

You can't honestly claim that Holmes can top that, in any "logical" way. Rocky 4 put numbers to the damage Rocky is able to endure. Now show me that Holmes can deal out blows harder than 2,000 psi (260000 ft-lbs) or you can't prove that Holmes has what it takes to knock 'ol Rocky out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Fun game : Count the Hits !

HE3Wbd5_o9U

I counted 28 power-shots landed. That wasn't even the whole fight.

dadudemon
Look lets forget their f*cking weights.

Fact: Rocky (Rock 4) survived and was able to keep fighting after taking blows that had at least 2,000 psi of force. Rocky tanked mulitple direct hits ( to head and body), he didn't get knocked out.

You can't honestly claim that Holmes can top that, in any "logical" way. Rocky 4 put numbers to the damage Rocky is able to endure. Now show me that Holmes can deal out blows harder than 2,000 psi (260000 ft-lbs) or you can't prove that Holmes has what it takes to knock 'ol Rocky out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Fun game : Count the Hits !

HE3Wbd5_o9U

I counted 28 power-shots landed. That wasn't even the whole fight.

Yup. Holmes tops it. He weighs slightly less than Rocky, yet was punched across the pit, multiple times. Not only that, he was pulling his punches to get higher bets whereas Rocky was fighting for his life.

So, we have a fighter that punches harder than Drago (based on screen feats) and a fighter that was not only putting up with it, but he was actually stalling and dragging out the fight.

On top of this, Holmes does more than just punching. Compare Holmes street fights to Rocky's street fight. Tell me which one is more real world/applicable.

Blinky
Hahaha "real world". You're dippy.

dadudemon
Hahaha "real world". You're dippy.

It's a saying, dude. It means "this is actually usable."

Don't get lippy with me or I'll steal your comics when you sleep.

Blinky
So, we have a fighter that punches harder than Drago (based on screen feats) and a fighter that was not only putting up with it, but he was actually stalling and dragging out the fight.

I have a funny feeling that you don't like math much. Rocky 4 gave us numbers, yes numbers. Give me numbers on those punches or it's all just your opinion on how powerful those punches were, period - nothing concrete.

dadudemon
I have a funny feeling that you don't like math much.

hahahaha

Rocky 4 gave us numbers, yes numbers. Give me numbers on those punches or it's all just your opinion on how powerful those punches were, period - nothing concrete.

I did some brief calculations and Holmes. In order to knock back that big guy as much as he did, it'd have to be about 2650 PSi.

laughing

Rogue Jedi
Or extreme PIS. Didja see that?

Blinky
hahahaha

I did some brief calculations and Holmes. In order to knock back that big guy as much as he did, it'd have to be about 2650 PSi.

laughing

Hahaha! Touche.

Rogue Jedi
Hahaha! douche. Edit.

dadudemon
Edit. laughing

How DARE you.

Rogue Jedi
laughing

How DARE you.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/pwned.jpg

dadudemon

*steals bewbz*

HA!

Rogue Jedi
Detachable bewbz?

dadudemon
Detachable bewbz?

I went to Tennesee to steal your bewbz. Do the math.

PWNED!

Rogue Jedi
detachable bewbz in zee south?

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/db746-pwned-wrestler.jpg

Blinky

^ hahaha WTF. I wonder what movie that is from.

Rogue Jedi
Invasion of the body snatchers.

rakugaki
Does Rocky have the eye of the tiger? If so, he goes the distance and thrashes Holmes.

Rogue Jedi
Any version of Rocky thrashes Holmes, stupid matchup.

dadudemon
Any version of Rocky thrashes Holmes, stupid matchup.

Any version of Holmes thrashes Rocky, stupid match-up.

Rogue Jedi
Any version of Holmes thrashes Rocky, stupid match-up. What about John Holmes?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by steverules_2
This is rocky from rocky 3 after his training from apollo vs Sherlock Holmes from the new movie so this Robert Downey Jr. The fight takes place in the same ring where Rocky beat Clubber Lang, In Rockys Corner is Apollo and in Holmes' corner is Dr. Watson, 15 rounds unless of course there is a knock out.

Who wins?

So..,is this a boxing match or a bare knuckle (anything thing goes) grudge match?

If it's a boxing match Holmes gets knocked out by round 2. If this is a bare knuckle, anything goes match then i say Rocky still wins 9 times out of 10. This is Rocky when he was in the greatest shape of his life. Rocky was at the peak of his skills here. He was blistering fast and deadly powerful. Holmes fought for fun...,Rocky is a professional fighter.I really don't think Holmes showcased any type of fighting ability that even makes this fight legitimate. Yeah, when he had sufficient time he could plot out a plan of attack by applying his advanced knowledge in biology but all professional fighters are masters of biology when it comes to knowing how hurt people.

jinXed by JaNx
Is it just me, or is Rocky gimped in scenario two?

Why? Does Rocky lose his speed, skill, strength and advanced knowledge and experience in fighting?

We really can't say that one scenario or movie is more realistic than the other.
Unless we have a calculated recording of exactly how powerful each punch thrown in a Rocky movie is then it still stands that the Rocky movies are just as realistic as Sherlock Holmes. It's a movie, belief has to be suspended to a certain point and each movie blatantly exaggerates reality. Just because Holmes uses an advanced vocabulary to describe his fighting tactics doesn't make it more realistic. Rocky received brain damage and Apollo Creed died in a boxing match through out the Rocky franchise. That's realistic, isn't it?

jinXed by JaNx

Just for fun, Rocky weighed 196 pounds in his first fight against Clubber Lang

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Why? Does Rocky lose his speed, skill, strength and advanced knowledge and experience in fighting?

We really can't say that one scenario or movie is more realistic than the other.
Unless we have a calculated recording of exactly how powerful each punch thrown in a Rocky movie is then it still stands that the Rocky movies are just as realistic as Sherlock Holmes. It's a movie, belief has to be suspended to a certain point and each movie blatantly exaggerates reality. Just because Holmes uses an advanced vocabulary to describe his fighting tactics doesn't make it more realistic. Rocky received brain damage and Apollo Creed died in a boxing match through out the Rocky franchise. That's realistic, isn't it? He loses his inhuman damage soak.

jinXed by JaNx
lol what damage soak? yeah, the film may have focused on a few beating scenes for to long or lingered on a countdown, but that's the movie trying to express determination and willpower. I wasn't considering those moments because i know they're bullshit. I'm just saying for all we know, Sherlock Holmes just makes shit up as he goes along. Rocky is a goddamn professional champion.

jinXed by JaNx
He loses his inhuman damage soak.

Beautiful frackin sig by the way

KingD19
His damage soak is when he takes countless blows to the jaw and doesn't go down, or suffer a massive aneurysm. In a Rocky setting, Holmes would be giving it all he's got, and Rocky will just keep coming. In a realistic, Holmes like setting. The complexities of Holmes fighting style, and his ruthlessness will give him the win, because Rocky won't be able to keep standing if Holmes caves his skull in for example.

Rogue Jedi
The Rocky setting is what Rocky is, it's his strength, you can't take that away from him, man.

jinXed by JaNx
His damage soak is when he takes countless blows to the jaw and doesn't go down, or suffer a massive aneurysm. In a Rocky setting, Holmes would be giving it all he's got, and Rocky will just keep coming. In a realistic, Holmes like setting. The complexities of Holmes fighting style, and his ruthlessness will give him the win, because Rocky won't be able to keep standing if Holmes caves his skull in for example.

Complexities...,what complexities?

Have you ever seen a boxing match, sir? I'm here to enlighten you, but boxers take countless blows to the chin, face and body all the time. Holmes wouldn't know what to do in a boxing match. His complexities rely on having preparation time and the advantage of distraction. I think it's much more realistic to believe that a man can go 12 rounds whilst enduring countless blows to the face body and chin because that actually happens all the time. Sherlock Holmes on the other hand is nothing more than a pile of bullshit. He's a Recluse who sits in his house all day drinking booze and he drops experienced fighters in four blows. Yeah...,i ask you, which one do you see or have you heard happening more often in the world of REALISTIC professional fighting?

Holmes has nothing on Rocky. He would bewildered and disoriented when Rocky unleashes a flurry of punches.

What do we know of Rocky? He has incredible stamina, endurance and Strength. He is also a highly skilled and experienced fighter. We know this from a long history and visual feats.----All of this is realistic.

What do we know about Holmes? He knows everything about everyone and can figure anything out with the right applications and concentration. He can street fight and has taken down a few pathetic thugs with proper distraction-------Only one thing here sounds realistic to me and that would be the latter. smokin'

Rogue Jedi
Word, straight up on the ill tip yo.

I'm not a wigger.

Rogue Jedi
Check it out:

Xf3uDgGK19Q

Yeah, Holmes can compete with Rocky roll eyes (sarcastic) Sure.

jinXed by JaNx
Word, straight up on the ill tip yo.

I'm not a wigger.

lol Nor am i, me mucker. laughing out loud

Dr Will Hatch
Any version of Holmes thrashes Rocky, stupid match-up. wink

Rogue Jedi
Check it out:

Xf3uDgGK19Q

Yeah, Holmes can compete with Rocky roll eyes (sarcastic) Sure.

Robtard
Drago fight is more impressive, as the filthy Russian is far more powerful than Clubber and I think Rocky took more of a beating, yet was all, "Yo, tha alls youse got, yo-ah-oh."

Rogue Jedi
Clubber: "I got's lotsa mo for ya, lotsa mo."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.