The Four Obi Wans run a Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ghostrider1
This Gauntlet is slightly different. 4 people run it, Obi Wan (TPM), Obi Wan (ATOC), Obi Wan (ROTS) and Obi Wan (ANHH). The difference is that they run it seperately and you think how far each would get. I will give you an example at the end. Each Obi Wan is placed in the Geonosis battle arena, he must kill each of these people to progress, please name which one he will die at.

1. Commander Cody
2. 5 Droids
3. Captain Rex and 3 Clones
4. 5 Super Battle Droid
5. A Magnadroid
6. Darth Maul
7. Asajj Ventress
8. General Grievous
9. Ki-Ad-Mundi
10. Kit Fisto
11. Count Dooku
12. Anakin Skywalker
13. Mace Windu
14. Yoda
15. Darth Sidious
16. COMPLETE!

My answers:
Obi Wan (TPM): 7
Obi Wan (AOTC): 7 Or 8
Obi Wan (ROTS): 11
Obi Wan (ANH): 5 or 6

Lord Lucien
TPM: I'd say he dies at 5. The only reason he lasted as long as he did against Maul was due to Qui-Gon's presence. Then his death let Kenobi tap in to the Dark Side. Even that wasn't enough to defeat Maul. Magnaguards are trained in every form of saber combat, and TPM doesn't have the defensive skills needed, I feel.

AotC: 6. Kenobi's good here, but contrary to Anakin, he's not "as powerful as Master Windu." The deadliest Sith apprentice in history with all his vivaciousness and stamina, mastery of Juyo and the double-blade. I just don't see Maul losing. Again.

RotS: 11. The Soresu prodigy would win this time I think. And being that I feel Maul is placed a little too low on this list, Kenobi is (and has in the Clone Wars and Ep. III) going to pass through Ventress, Grievous, and Mundi. I don't know enough about Fisto to make a call, but should Obi beat him, he flat lines at Dooku. Again.

ANH: 6. With The Force Unleashed showing us what Vader can do in 2 BBY, and with the novelization giving us something of an on-par match between him and Kenobi in ANH, I'd say old Ben would make it past the Magnaguard. But no freakin' way is he getting past Maul.

Ms.Marvel
i think TPM obi-wan can take on a single magnagaurds considering asouka managed to kill three of them by herself without a scratch

truejedi
TPM: Dies at 6

AOTC: errrr... dies at 6. (close fight tho)

ROTS: dies at 11 or 13...

ANHstick out tonguerobably dies at 6. just depends on what Kenobi is capable of through the force. we never got to see for sure. He and Vader were pretty much even in their few minutes of screentime, and it seems Vader would own Maul with the force...

So if he gets by 6, he still dies at 11 or 13.

however, i'm of the opinion that his ROTS self was his peak that we have seen.

Axle
I'd say:

TPM dies at 6

AOTC dies at 6, but might take 7? Possibly, I dunno?

ROTS dies at 11, but would only just be able to take 12, and would die at 13 although it would be a close match.

ANH dies at 6, but might get up to 13, dunno really how powerful Ben was at this point? He has lots of experience, probably still powerful in the force as he confers with Qui-Gon's spirit, but has only had minimal Lightsaber combat during the previous 18 years.

cherrypieluva50
Obi Wan (TPM), 6. although 5 would be a hard fight for him
Obi Wan (ATOC), might get past 6... but would definatly lose at 7
Obi Wan (ROTS), most likely lose at 11, with a small possibility of making it to 12 (but the anakin isnt specified? im assuming episode 3 in which case i THINK anakin might win but im not 100% shure)
Obi Wan (ANHH), assuming he gets past 6, lose at 11 or 13

Darth_Glentract
Without rest no way does he get past 7 in any incarnation. Maul would be such a tiring battle that he's done after that.

truejedi
Assajji though? He TOYED with assajji in the clone wars. I don't care if he can barely stand, he's taking her. Grievous might take kenobi if kenobi was exhausted, but not assajji.

Darth_Glentract
That's ridiculous. There is no way he will be strong enough after fighting Maul to take her. When did he toy with her?

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
That's ridiculous. There is no way he will be strong enough after fighting Maul to take her. When did he toy with her?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omnGExUh--Y

right there. he is mocking her, goading her on, making her look silly. About as thorough a humiliation as we have ever seen in star wars.

Ms.Marvel
and in that same exact movie ashouka destroys three magnagaurds, one of which is supposed to be a match for fully trained Jedi knights.

... and in the other cartoon grievous moves faster than the force does and is a match for 6 jedi at once.

truejedi
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
and in that same exact movie ashouka destroys three magnagaurds, one of which is supposed to be a match for fully trained Jedi knights.

... and in the other cartoon grievous moves faster than the force does and is a match for 6 jedi at once.

doesn't Kenobi destroy 3 magnaguards with the flick of his hand in ROTS?

Ms.Marvel
by dropping a large object them that they couldnt even see. no expression

also obi-wan is one of the best fighters in the mythos ermm i could see him taking on several MG's, not a youngling. literally a youngling.

truejedi
however, it isn't inconsistent for ahsoka to take them. She fought off Grievous for several seconds, (who, as you said, was capable of taking on 6 jedi, so no small feat for ahsoka) and didn't she also face Dooku once, and survive?

She also took on many many droids at once. By all accounts, she was no typical padawan.

truejedi
lol, but wait a minute, why are we talking about ahsoka? you got me for a moment. The thread is about Asajji, who was Dooku's darkside apprentice. (lol, she called herself a sith but she wasn't one.) You can read about her in DR, gives probably her best showing. Ahsoka was anakin's padawan, a jedi!.

( :

Ms.Marvel
laughing out loud

MasterAshenVor
Revan Solos.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Revan Solos.

No, no, no... Plo-Koon jumps in... kills all 4 Kenobi's by freezing them with a creek, and runs the gauntlet.

TPM dies at 6

AoTC dies at 8 (after Grievous goes quad on him)

RotS dies at 11 (...force pushed into a wall, loses saber, then proceeds to get force fried)

ANH dies at 6 (this one gets real ugly, real quick)

And why in the hell is Ventress ahead of Maul? That's just stooopid.

One Free Man
Originally posted by ghostrider1
This Gauntlet is slightly different. 4 people run it, Obi Wan (TPM), Obi Wan (ATOC), Obi Wan (ROTS) and Obi Wan (ANHH). The difference is that they run it seperately and you think how far each would get. I will give you an example at the end. Each Obi Wan is placed in the Geonosis battle arena, he must kill each of these people to progress, please name which one he will die at.

1. Commander Cody
2. 5 Droids
3. 5 Super Battle Droid
4. Captain Rex and 3 Clones
5. A Magnadroid
6. Asajj Ventress
7. Ki Adi Mundi
8. General Grievous
9. Kit Fisto
10. Darth Maul
11. Anakin Skywalker
12. Count Dooku
13. Mace Windu
14. Yoda
15. Darth Sidious
16. COMPLETE!
not a good order of difficulty. I fixed it. TPM dies at The general or ki adi. AOTC dies at 10, may make it past general. ROTS beats all the way to cound dooku then fails. ANH beats all the way up to yoda.

Jinsoku Takai
ANH beats all the way up to yoda.

Defeating Mace?

no

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by One Free Man
not a good order of difficulty. I fixed it. TPM dies at The general or ki adi. AOTC dies at 10, may make it past general. ROTS beats all the way to cound dooku then fails. ANH beats all the way up to yoda.

...Although I appreciate the reordering of the list. However, I disagree with is Yoda/Sidious. Although I'm sure I'm in the minority, I see Yoda as being 15 while Sids is 14.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
...Although I appreciate the reordering of the list. However, I disagree with is Yoda/Sidious. Although I'm sure I'm in the minority, I see Yoda as being 15 while Sids is 14. Sidious won, but it doesn't really matter as they are considered equal, at least by non-noobs on this forum.

One Free Man
Defeating Mace?
I see it happening, actually. Obi wan has had years to train, more life experiences than rots, etc. If he beats mace, he does it just barely.

Mace's "special tools" are barely useful in this area.

Shatterpoint; I doubt he'd be able to strike through obi-wans soresu with this.

Vapaad; Obi-wan doesn't channel darkside energy therefor there is nothing to reflect back. Obi wan is also one of the rare people who would have encountered form VII

Obi wan has also trained under his "old master" since then.

If you want to go by the feats they had when they filmed and the lightsabers were 40 pounds and they had no fight coreographer, go ahead, but I'm going with documented feats.

Lord Lucien
...huh?

Red Nemesis
nah

Gestalt BaneMace solos.

Jinsoku Takai
I see it happening, actually. Obi wan has had years to train, more life experiences than rots, etc. If he beats mace, he does it just barely.

Vapaad; Obi-wan doesn't channel darkside energy therefor there is nothing to reflect back. Obi wan is also one of the rare people who would have encountered form VII

If you want to go by the feats they had when they filmed and the lightsabers were 40 pounds and they had no fight coreographer, go ahead, but I'm going with documented feats.

>you doctor <need help

Jinsoku Takai

1. Shatterpoint doesn't require the need to break through Kenobi's saber defense.

2. Vaapad is deadly regardless of whether one is fighting a darksider or not. I believe Red (I hope it's Red, if not , my bad) has the rundown on that.

3. And what evidence is there of Obi-Wan sparring with, or dueling a Form VII (more specifically, Vaapad) practitioner?

Lord Lucien
Maul's Juyo.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Maul's Juyo.

...more specifically, Vaapad.

Lord Lucien
None. But Maul's Juyo would give him a good idea.

Red Nemesis
thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

One Free Man
1. Shatterpoint doesn't require the need to break through Kenobi's saber defense.

Explain. From what I understand, mace could shatter a diamond by tapping it in the right spot (The physics of this are pure shit, btw), using shatterpoint. I suppose this is a gift enabling him to see the weakness in any form; but If kenobi, mace's "Greatest Jedi alive" has no weakness in his soresu, then there is no applicability for shatterpoint.

I suppose also that this is emotional/force shatterpoint, though.

I never said it wasn't deadly. I just said that the main feature that separates it from juyo would be useless against obi-wan, especially since kenobi's style involves defense until opportunity for a perfect strike. Form VII, (you can say vapaad is not juyo, but vapaad is based off juyo) is a style of powerful, accurate strokes with little concern for defense.
well, there's maul, vader(some) and if you take away vapaad's reflectiveness it becames juyo.
This is interesting as well:
so... yea.... Obi wan has covered some ground.

Red Nemesis
By "main feature" you mean "some metaphysical ramifications" instead of "entirely different sequence of strokes, combos, and tactics, not to mention an inherently different philosophy?" That seems foolish.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
By "main feature" you mean "some metaphysical ramifications" instead of "entirely different sequence of strokes, combos, and tactics, not to mention an inherently different philosophy?" That seems foolish. I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that. Just because I love you. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.