Top 20 Songs Of The Noughties According To The British Public (Yougov poll)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
20. Leave Right Now - Will Young
19. Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs
18. Valerie - Mark Ronson feat. Amy Winehouse
17. Viva La Vida - Coldplay
16. Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
15. Mercy - Duffy
14. Patience - Take That
13. Stan - Eminem
12. I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters
11. Hey Ya! - Outkast
10. You're Beautiful - James Blunt
9. Can't Get You Out Of My Head - Kylie Minouge
8. Crazy In Love - Beyonce
7. Rule The World - Take That
6. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
5. Rehab - Amy Winehouse
4. Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
3. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
2. Mr. Brightside - The Killers
1. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

It's pretty much what you'd expect, what do you people think of the poll?

RedAlertv2
Its a pretty good list of songs to avoid at all costs. Except Gnarls Barkley, and I guess Kings of Leon are alright.

§P0oONY
Sex on Fire is an appauling song, as are the other Kings of Leon tracks I've heard. The Duffy track is good, as is the Outkast one and Winehouse is a real tallent (it's just a shame she's a total shambles.). Stan by Eminem is good to.

I agre with you on the Crazy front though, good song.

RedAlertv2
Yeah I don't like that particular song by Kings of Leon but they have a couple songs I do like

wicker_man
I haven't much time for my fellow countrymens taste in music, but I'm glad to see no X-Factor contestants made it into this list.

Alpha Centauri
All shit except for Kings of Leon, Outkast and Gnarls Barkley.

-AC

lord xyz
Kings of Leon and Killers are over-rated in my opinion.

And I don't get why some of you are saying Amy winehouse is talented.

lord xyz
Where Is The Love by Black Eyed Peas should've been up there.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by lord xyz
Kings of Leon and Killers are over-rated in my opinion.

And I don't get why some of you are saying Amy winehouse is talented. Well, it's because she is talented. Listen to the album Back To Black... It's a good album with great vocals and song writing.

If you don't like her that's fine, but you can't deny she's talented.

lord xyz
She is untalented.

I hate her voice and she looks awful.

I'm not gonna buy that album, I'm curious enough to listen to 3 songs that aren't "rehab".

....I hate that song.

Rain Dog
Seven Nation Army, Last Nite, Don't Look Back Into The Sun, B.O.B, New Slang, Feel Good Inc, Pyramid Song, No One Knows, Sea Within A Sea, No Cars Go etc etc etc.

AsbestosFlaygon
Coldplay and Franz Ferdinand.. their songs are the only ones I'd listen to from that poll.

The rest are horrid.

From this list, I can conclude that British people listen to some of the worst mainstream shit the media feeds them.

Rain Dog
To be fair, there are better songs than the ones you'd listen to on there.

Anyone who doesn't like Hey Ya's a weirdo, as far as I'm concerned.

AsbestosFlaygon
Hey Ya is an overrated and overplayed piece of shite excuse of a song.

But I can understand why so many people like the song.
I mean, like majority of the global population are 'scene' or 'bandwagoners', and most are more into the mainstream music.

Rain Dog
It's a great feel good pop song.

When people say "song of the decade", they don't mean their favourite song, they mean a song that sort of sums up the decade. This decade's is probably Crazy in Love or Hey Ya, the 90's was Smells Like Teen Spirit, 80's was Karma Chameleon etc.

Still though, choosing Franz Ferdinand and Coldplay out of that list is pretty rubbish. Franz Ferdinand got annoying years ago and Coldplay have made a career out of ripping off one Radiohead song.

AsbestosFlaygon
Pop died a long time ago (or maybe just recently)

If people do just a little research, they will find songs better than the mainstream shit the media recycles.

Rain Dog
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Pop died a long time ago (or maybe just recently)

If people do just a little research, they will find songs better than the mainstream shit the media recycles.

Pop's not dead, the kind of pop you like is.

I'm not saying that it's all great music by any means, but it's clearly not dead.

lord xyz
I'll say it again.

Originally posted by lord xyz
Where Is The Love by Black Eyed Peas should've been up there.

Eon Blue
I like it.

Alpha Centauri

REXXXX
I'm not sure if I agree with everything on the list being enough to sum up the past decade. Coldplay being on there makes sense; they have been a major group for the past ten years. But... not sure about the rest of it. I dunno. Some of those just strike me as one-hit wonders that nobody cares about now. Sure, I like Franz Ferdinand still and enjoy their works, but I guess you could say that they were looking more at the sound that "Take Me Out" has rather than the song itself; there were a lot of bands that went for that sound around the time that Franz was still popular.

Black-Eyed Peas should go rot, and Winehouse I'm not a fan of (particularly because "Rehab" is just annoying...).

I'm not even sure who Take That is.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yes, Lord XYZ, we get it.

You have shit taste.

Of all the songs, you pick the time when The Black-Eyed Peas sold themselves out by letting an anonymous white female singer into the group to boost record sales?

You're making the wrong argument.

You thinking the album is good, with great vocals and songwriting is pure opinion.

If she has a technically gifted voice, then she's talented objectively.

That's the only way anybody is objectively talented.

-AC In your opinion. I personally believe the ability to write music is a talent.

khazra
Take That right good songs that hit their target audience really well. Whilst i dont agree, im unsuprised to see them appear in the popularty poll.

Crazy was an amazing song.

Outkast have done much better songs.

Stan is one of the eminem songs i like least.

jaden101

AsbestosFlaygon
LUPYIShaX1s

Video sums up all the shit the media corporations spoon feed to the general public.

**** Simon Cowell.

Rain Dog
Yawn.

It annoys me that people bought a single with no intention of actually listening to something new. I'm all for sticking it to the man and that, but couldn't we have done it with a song that isn't nearly twenty years old?

I know the lyrics are all really relevant and all that shit. But Rage Against the Machine are a big band, all it was was one song that everyone can grasp in seconds replaced by another.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
LUPYIShaX1s

Video sums up all the shit the media corporations spoon feed to the general public.

**** Simon Cowell.

Simon Cowell has done nothing wrong. If people didn't want to buy shit, he wouldn't make any money. Good on him for taking advantage of idiots.

I don't remember voting in this poll. Must be some other public.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.