John McClane versus "Under Seige"...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
John McClane is onboard the USS Missouri as Stranix and his terrorists take over. McClane is placed in the same position that Casey Ryback was. He must somehow defeat Starnix and his goons, and save the girl. McClane has all the weapons/explosives he had in DH1, in addition to all of the weapons that Ryback had.

Can he clear?

Impediment
McClane is not a Navy SeAL. He dies.

/thread.

Rogue Jedi
Stranix was the only bad guy who really impressed me, his crew were all on the same level as the Nakatomi terrosists IMO.

Sadako of Girth
Mclane can make that one. If he has knowledge of the layout of the ship etc.... Although, I admit that if theres a time that McClane needs to be worried its in that knife fight at the end.

But if he has his beretta hidden like the end of Die Hard 1, he could still pull it off.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Impediment

/thread.

Technically, neither was Ryback anymore at that point.

He was a cook at that time, wasnt he...?

Rogue Jedi
Indeed, the knife fight would be the hardest part. Also, he didn't know the layout of Nakatomi or the DC airport, yet he still pwned.

Sadako of Girth
Thats very true.

Rogue Jedi
Knowing the layout of the place would probably hurt his chances, I can't see McClane forming a battle plan. He's more the reactionary type, shit happens, he adapts and deals with it.

Sadako of Girth
Yes like Jack Burton used to say: "Its all in the reflexes"

Rogue Jedi
Not saying he can't be proactive, just that it wouldn't be near as entertaining to watch. I mean who the hell decides on a whim to strap C4 under a PC monitor, to a chair, and hurl it down an elevator?

Impediment
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Technically, neither was Ryback anymore at that point.

He was a cook at that time, wasnt he...?

Ryback WAS, in fact, a SeAL, but put on kitchen duty for punitive reasons. He was a SeAL on "time out", if you will.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Not saying he can't be proactive, just that it wouldn't be near as entertaining to watch. I mean who the hell decides on a whim to strap C4 under a PC monitor, to a chair, and hurl it down an elevator?

I thought of that when I was a kid 'cept, putting it on an RC car, instead.

I'm sure lots of little boys thought of putting dynamite or C4 on their RC cars and controlling them into something, and detonating it. That's just...little boy stuff.

BruceSkywalker

/thread.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
I thought of that when I was a kid 'cept, putting it on an RC car, instead.

I'm sure lots of little boys thought of putting dynamite or C4 on their RC cars and controlling them into something, and detonating it. That's just...little boy stuff. You remind me of the Russian in "Wanted."

I used to tape black cat firecrackers to my SW action figures.

Rogue Jedi
Ryback WAS, in fact, a SeAL, but put on kitchen duty for punitive reasons. He was a SeAL on "time out", if you will. DH 1 and 2. McClane was in an environment totally foreign to him, armed with only a beretta to start with, and kicked ass against two different groups of terrorists that were on the same level as Stranix's men.He did it twice. Then two more times in DH 3 and 4. Ryback did it only twice.

Nightstick
Not saying he doesn't clear, but McClane had the lay out of Dulles in "Die Hard 2" he got it from the engineer and the janitor. With out them he'd've been humped a couple of times over. In "Die Hard 3" the playing field was New York City which he already knew. In "Live Free or Die Hard" Farrel was the direction man, with out whom McClane would have been lost.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, but he started out not knowing the layout of Dulles. He learned it on the fly.

Nightstick
Yes, but he started out not knowing the layout of Dulles. He learned it on the fly.

Fair. Though its a bit of a nit pick. However in this scenario their is no crazy janitor to hand him the floor plans to the Missouri. So my point stands. He doesn't have the intel on the location that he had in 2,3, or 4. Nor the help he had in those pictures. Help that with out which McClane would have ranged from dead to useless.

dadudemon
Wait, was McClane in The Fly? And, when did he learn Dulles' layout on The Fly?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nightstick
Fair. Though its a bit of a nit pick. However in this scenario their is no crazy janitor to hand him the floor plans to the Missouri. So my point stands. He doesn't have the intel on the location that he had in 2,3, or 4. Nor the help he had in those pictures. Help that with out which McClane would have ranged from dead to useless. Ryback had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more support than McClane ever did.

Rogue Jedi
Wait, was McClane in The Fly? And, when did he learn Dulles' layout on The Fly? He pwned Whatshername in da butt.

Nightstick
Ryback had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more support than McClane ever did.

Regardless. McClane doesn't have the floor plans to the Missouri, nor anyone to hand them to him like in Die Hard 2. Which is the issue being discussed, not the amount of support each had.

Rogue Jedi
Regardless. McClane doesn't have the floor plans to the Missouri, nor anyone to hand them to him like in Die Hard 2. Which is the issue being discussed, not the amount of support each had. How you figure? In DH, he learned it as he went. In DH2, he got the plans from Marv. He could just as easily get the layout for the Missouri from a seaman, or one of the other Naval people. Air ducts, dude.

Point is, McClane would familiarize himself with the ship in no time, that's his history.

Sadako of Girth
Regardless. McClane doesn't have the floor plans to the Missouri, nor anyone to hand them to him like in Die Hard 2. Which is the issue being discussed, not the amount of support each had.

McClane didnt have the plans for anything else, and ruled for 4 movies.
that basement plan was just to show McClane how to cover the mile or so in the quickest way at the time.

Nightstick
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
McClane didnt have the plans for anything else, and ruled for 4 movies.
that basement plan was just to show McClane how to cover the mile or so in the quickest way at the time.

You realise you just contridicted yourself right? You said he had no plans and then admitted he had basement plans for Dulles. Infact he kept going back to Marv for plans and it was the engineer who tipped him off to the church. In 3 NYC was the field of play and McClane already knew it. In 4 Farrel, not McClane was the direction guy. Truth is Die Hard 1 was the only movie where he learned on the fly and chances are he is far more familiar with office buildings then battleships.

Nightstick
How you figure? In DH, he learned it as he went. In DH2, he got the plans from Marv. He could just as easily get the layout for the Missouri from a seaman, or one of the other Naval people. Air ducts, dude.

Most seaman, if any are alive/available are not going to be carring the deck plans. They may be able to give him directions, but I don't recall a whole lot of Missouri personel running around. They had been rounded up after all.

Point is, McClane would familiarize himself with the ship in no time, that's his history.

Not saying he wouldn't just that it is a hinderence that is going to slow him down.

A hinderence mind you that Ryback didn't have to deal with.

Sadako of Girth
That was no contradiction. He normally has no plans: Gets job done.
Got shown a floor plan of a basement once. Wow. He got the job done.

Time was a factor and there was no time for his usual recon.

Thats all. smile

Anyways deck plans're rife on that ship, making it a moot point, anyway.

Rogue Jedi
Yepperdeppers yes

jinXed by JaNx
This is nothing new for McClane. It's just another day at the office. The only difference here is that He's on a boat. I actually think McClane would dispatch the terrorists much quicker than Casey but he would also, most likely, end up sinking the boat and having to wade in the water with the rest of the civilians while rescue comes. So, even though McClane is able to kill all of the terrorists (in record time) and evacuate every civilian before the boat sinks he will ultimately lose this challenge because he doesn't have gills and sharks do. Everybody dies because McClane is to damn destructive, Sharks win

Sadako of Girth
Sharks could have easily killed McClane near the end of DH3, were he vulnerable to them. But they didnt.

Sharks sense smell and electromagnetic signals.... Not McLuck.

McClane is so jammy that, he'd probably has a smell thats just out side of the shark's spectrum.

Rogue Jedi
If Brody can do it, McClane can:

TxGk36HPLPE

With a one shot Derringer and a can of hair spray.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud Very true, most likely....

Rogue Jedi
I'm gonna profile that.

Sadako of Girth
Wait, was McClane in The Fly? And, when did he learn Dulles' layout on The Fly?

Screaming & quot;Heeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..." in that little high pitched voice is surely what the inner voice of all McVictims on the inside before the SUV hits them.

He learned them in the scene before the arm wrestling scene in the Goldblum version......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.