Best place to buy used systems and games?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Other than Amazon? I'm recently getting back into games and I bought a Gamecube and some games. But I'd like to know if there are other places than Amazon.

Darth Jello
Locally it's Game Force. I think they do online sales.

WickedDynamite
If you live in Southern California a good place would be Frank and Son's Collectibles. It's like 1/4 size of San Diego Comic Con but you don't pay for parking or entrance.

FistOfThe North
if you live here in boston it's CEX.

Nemesis X
Obviously you should try GameStop.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Don't listen to this guy.

Amazon is the best.

Sometimes, absurdly good deals show up on eBay, as well.

Nemesis X
Sure wait for days or maybe weeks for a game you bought to arrive while everyone else gets to just drive over to Gamestop and buy games faster than you can say "power to the players" (that is, if you already planned on what game you want to buy).

Nemesis X
Originally posted by dadudemon
Don't listen to this guy.

Amazon is the best.

Sometimes, absurdly good deals show up on eBay, as well.

You heretic.

Prep-Man
I was just thinking online. Gamestop doesn't have some of the games I want.

BackFire
ebay

The_usher
Try

www.ebgames.com

for games.........

jinXed by JaNx
Flea Markets, garage sales, The eXchange, Cd Warehouse. Dont shop at gamestop. You will get raped.

Darth Jello
A lot of the independent record and movie shops are getting into the used game market. Colorado's famous Twist and Shout is currently sitting on a copy of Ocarina of Time/Master Quest for Gamecube coming in at $27 and a mint condition Chrono Trigger in box for $65.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Oh, trust me... there are better places than Gamestop.

*Disclaimer* As an employee at GameStop I did not say any of this, GameStop is the best place to go to buy your video games and video game accessories. Go to GameStop today, and reserve a game and buy a subscription to GameInformer (the world's No. 1 Gaming Magazine) while you are there. *End Disclaimer*

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Dont shop at gamestop. You will get raped.

Well... it's not THAT bad... well the trade-in policy is not beneficial to the consumer, but those are crappy everywhere.

Peach
Actually, right now, the tradeins aren't bad. You can get more for certain games than they actually cost to buy.

I know in my area they have Play and Trade, which deals in older stuff, and we recommend people over there all the time if they're looking for something we don't carry anymore. Though we've also heard a lot of negative things about them stick out tongue

The internet is probably the best option if you're looking for something specific.

WickedDynamite
If you have Asian Indoor Swap Meets in your area you're bound to find some really good stuff!

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.