Walker vs. Mordru

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
JSAversion of Mordru for this.

Omega Vision
Damn...tough one.
Walker was powerful enough to actually threaten Death though she did destroy him. He also treated Thor, Thanos, and Genis-Vell like children.
JSA Mordru fought Nabu across multiple universes, their power was sufficient to travel between alternate timelines with ease. He also beat Thunderbolt and after being thrown into the Rock of Eternity and thus weakened he still had sufficient power to take a full blast from ROE-Shazam, a blast that left Shazam with barely enough power to stand. He then casually restored Shazam's power so he could fight the Spectre who Mordru wisely wanted to be occupied.

Mordru takes a very slight majority or its a split.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Damn...tough one.
Walker was powerful enough to actually threaten Death though she did destroy him. He also treated Thor, Thanos, and Genis-Vell like children.
JSA Mordru fought Nabu across multiple universes, their power was sufficient to travel between alternate timelines with ease. He also beat Thunderbolt and after being thrown into the Rock of Eternity and thus weakened he still had sufficient power to take a full blast from ROE-Shazam, a blast that left Shazam with barely enough power to stand. He then casually restored Shazam's power so he could fight the Spectre who Mordru wisely wanted to be occupied.

Mordru takes a very slight majority or its a split. He never restored Shazam. That's a misinterpretation of the scene.

To actually threaten the concept of Death is a much more impressive feat than beating on Nabu.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
He never restored Shazam. That's a misinterpretation of the scene.

To actually threaten the concept of Death is a much more impressive feat than beating on Nabu.
Then what's the correct interpretation of the scene? Shazam was nearly powerless and Mordru restored him.

quanchi112
Then what's the correct interpretation of the scene? Shazam was nearly powerless and Mordru restored him. Shazam fought Spectre while weakened. There's no reason for him to heal him.

Omega Vision
Shazam fought Spectre while weakened. There's no reason for him to heal him.
Ah my bad. I just reread it and you're right. He didn't restore Shazam, he repaired the Rock of Eternity.

quanchi112
Ah my bad. I just reread it and you're right. He didn't restore Shazam, he repaired the Rock of Eternity. The fight was very impressive on Shazam's part vs. the Spectre considering his state at the time. If it wasn't for the whole I can absorb magic thing Shazam would have probably won.

Omega Vision
The fight was very impressive on Shazam's part vs. the Spectre considering his state at the time. If it wasn't for the whole I can absorb magic thing Shazam would have probably won.
I dunno, surely Shazam might have been able to hold him in check long enough for the other mages to get rid of Eclipso and set things straight but as it was shown later you can't really destroy the Spectre force so Shazam really couldn't have 'won'.

quanchi112
I dunno, surely Shazam might have been able to hold him in check long enough for the other mages to get rid of Eclipso and set things straight but as it was shown later you can't really destroy the Spectre force so Shazam really couldn't have 'won'. Marvel almost destroyed him. Spectre even admitted it.

Omega Vision
Marvel almost destroyed him. Spectre even admitted it.
Nah, when Black Alice drained his power the heroes discovered that his spirit is indestructible. They defeated him but they could never destroy him.

quanchi112
Nah, when Black Alice drained his power the heroes discovered that his spirit is indestructible. They defeated him but they could never destroy him. You are picking and choosing which statements to accept. The Spirit admitted he was almost destroyed by Marvel who batted him around like he was nothing. To scare the Spectre and for someone to have to aid him in escaping makes me believe it to be an accurate statement.

Prep-Man
Mordru.

iceman24567
Mordru

Omega Vision
You are picking and choosing which statements to accept. The Spirit admitted he was almost destroyed by Marvel who batted him around like he was nothing. To scare the Spectre and for someone to have to aid him in escaping makes me believe it to be an accurate statement.
Its quite possible that the Spectre himself wasn't aware that he couldn't be destroyed. He's never been rendered powerless before then and its been more or less confirmed that only the host can "die" and the Spectre force usually returns to Heaven to receive another host.
Marvel never "batted him around like he was nothing" they had a long, drawn out fight that was pretty even for the most part and keep in mind that he was never truly in possession of all the power he had "absorbed" as Alex Luthor was siphoning power away.

quanchi112
Its quite possible that the Spectre himself wasn't aware that he couldn't be destroyed. He's never been rendered powerless before then and its been more or less confirmed that only the host can "die" and the Spectre force usually returns to Heaven to receive another host.
Marvel never "batted him around like he was nothing" they had a long, drawn out fight that was pretty even for the most part and keep in mind that he was never truly in possession of all the power he had "absorbed" as Alex Luthor was siphoning power away. Doubtful. It wasn't even at all Marvel was stomping him until Enchantress went batty and cut off the power.

Omega Vision
Doubtful. It wasn't even at all Marvel was stomping him until Enchantress went batty and cut off the power.
But still its not like Amped Marvel was some Herald level character, he had in his possession pretty much all the magic in the universe that the Spectre (and Alex Luthor's tower) hadn't absorbed.

quanchi112
But still its not like Amped Marvel was some Herald level character, he had in his possession pretty much all the magic in the universe that the Spectre (and Alex Luthor's tower) hadn't absorbed. I never said he was only that the Spectre was getting crushed.

Omega Vision
I never said he was only that the Spectre was getting crushed.
And all things considered it isn't a low feat especially seeing that the Spectre wasn't backed at all.

quanchi112
And all things considered it isn't a low feat especially seeing that the Spectre wasn't backed at all. I never said it was I just corrected you when you stated he wasn't getting crushed.

Omega Vision
I never said it was I just corrected you when you stated he wasn't getting crushed.
I wouldn't say he was being crushed. Cap had the upper hand but Cap would have lost in the end even if Enchantress hadn't lost it. His body couldn't hold that much power.

quanchi112
I wouldn't say he was being crushed. Cap had the upper hand but Cap would have lost in the end even if Enchantress hadn't lost it. His body couldn't hold that much power. No way. Spectre still needed assistance after he lost his power surge and had he not lost it he would have destroyed the Spectre.

Omega Vision
No way. Spectre still needed assistance after he lost his power surge and had he not lost it he would have destroyed the Spectre.
They wouldn't have destroyed him, DOV showed he can't be destroyed, at least not by the means at their disposal. He's magic and DOV stated that magic can only change form, it can't be destroyed.

quanchi112
They wouldn't have destroyed him, DOV showed he can't be destroyed, at least not by the means at their disposal. He's magic and DOV stated that magic can only change form, it can't be destroyed. For the purpose of the story he can be destroyed. His magic would either come back later or reform at another time.

Omega Vision
For the purpose of the story he can be destroyed. His magic would either come back later or reform at another time.
You mean in the sense that Doomsday or Solomon Grundy can be "destroyed"?

quanchi112
You mean in the sense that Doomsday or Solomon Grundy can be "destroyed"? In the same vein shazam was destroyed.

Omega Vision
In the same vein shazam was destroyed.
Shazam was sent to the Rock of Finality if memory serves, Spectre would have been sent back to Heaven.

quanchi112
Shazam was sent to the Rock of Finality if memory serves, Spectre would have been sent back to Heaven. Point is you can destroy either character they just come back later in some form or another.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.