Best artist working RGHT NOW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
It's a new decade, so let's see who people think are at the top of their game. Limit it to Marvel & DC titles.

Normally I might say Bryan Hitch - but I have to say, Mike Deodato is doing the best work of his career right now, on Dark Avengers.

WickedDynamite
No question...Ivan Reis is doing a tremendous job in BN. thumb up

Trackz
marko djurkovic...can't spell his name right though

Kazenji
Mike Choi

The Nuul
Depends on what comic I am reading.

xJLxKing
The one drawing Blackest Night, or Siege. It's nice and pretty

Bouboumaster
Rob Liefeld

Kazenji
I bet thats a joke....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
I hate everything Liefield has ever done, except his Deadpool. Luckily my favourite character.

Right now? Roberto de la Torre is so underrated that it makes me hurl, McFarlane's/Ottley's work on Haunt is incredible.

I agree with Deodato on Dark Avengers; very robust and strong images.

Stuart Immonen, also another amazing artist. I actually think it's between him and De la Torre.

I like Djurdjevic, I just hate how he makes Thor look like a farm boy. His face looks like he's slightly retarded.

I haven't got Siege yet, but I'm hearing great things about Olivier Coipel's art.

-AC

H. S. 6
There's no doubt Deodato's been on point with Dark Avengers, and I've always had a sweet spot for McNiven's work.

willRules
IMO Ivan Reiss or Jim Lee are the best in the industry, but Coipel, Stuart Immomen, Mark Bagley and Steve Mcniven do gorgeous work yes

Omgu8mynewt
Stuart Immomen or John Cassaday who was in the team that started Astonishing Xmen are my faves right now, although they are both really different styles

willRules
Whedon and Cassidy's run on Astonishing X-men will be looked back on as one of the best X-men stories ever.

Kris Blaze
Frank Quitely.

ExodusCloak
Yep this goes to Quitely.

willRules
SOTfbKR_T5E

roughrider
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Frank Quitely.

Well, All Star Superman does have a unique look...

chomperx9
havent seen alot of their work with the comics around this time period but boris vallejo and julie will always be my fav marvel artists.

alex ross and brian bolland my fav DC artists.

i like david finch and jason pearson as well

carl critchlow is one ive always liked to

Kris Blaze
Honourable mention to Frazer Irving

Philosophía
Doug Mahnke.

Digi
Jimenez is always my favorite, but works sporadically.

chomperx9
Originally posted by chomperx9
havent seen alot of their work with the comics around this time period but boris vallejo and julie will always be my fav marvel artists.

alex ross and brian bolland my fav DC artists.

i like david finch and jason pearson as well

carl critchlow is one ive always liked to cant believe i left out bob larkin from my list

-Pr-
ed benes is doing birds of prey again. that = win.

Nihilist
Brad Walker

chomperx9
im surprised im the only one thats mentioned alex ross

roughrider
Originally posted by chomperx9
im surprised im the only one thats mentioned alex ross

Well, is he doing something right now? I'm asking who people think is doing outstanding work right at this moment, not who their favourite artist is in general.

chomperx9
Originally posted by roughrider
Well, is he doing something right now? I'm asking who people think is doing outstanding work right at this moment, not who their favourite artist is in general. he did afew 09 JLA issues

Doctor-Alvis
I never liked Alex Ross. His stuff is well done but everyone looks like Superman. Including the women.

-Pr-
i'd have to agree in part. alex ross draws some pretty bad women...

Alpha Centauri
Alex Ross is an amazing artist, I just don't think he's good for comics.

Adi Granov does what everyone claims Alex Ross is good at.

-AC

chomperx9
Originally posted by -Pr-
i'd have to agree in part. alex ross draws some pretty bad women... he did ok here with the women

chomperx9
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Alex Ross is an amazing artist, I just don't think he's good for comics.

Adi Granov does what everyone claims Alex Ross is good at.

-AC comics is what he does best

Alpha Centauri
Come on, man.

Look at Superman. It's like Liefield does Ross.

-AC

-Pr-
is it me or is aquaman a dead ringer for gregory peck?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Come on, man.

Look at Superman. It's like Liefield does Ross.

-AC i can understand he makes em look a little to realistic sometimes and many people like the art to look cartoony a little. but his artwork has always been impressive to me. i kinda agree with PR on alex how he draws the ladies.

chomperx9
il admit ross makes aquaman look like a valley boy a little without the mustache. flash looks like hes close to 40 there

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8973/jlalibertyandjustice.jpg

willRules
Ross is a fantastic artist, I just didn't realise he was working atm....

chomperx9
Originally posted by willRules
Ross is a fantastic artist, I just didn't realise he was working atm.... hes not doing as much work as he used to. he only did afew JLA and jsa issues last year.

-Pr-
ross does covers. he did the jsa gog stuff in a couple of issues, but i didnt see him do anything on jla...

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by The Nuul
Depends on what comic I am reading.

That's a good point. For me NO ONE draws Catwoman so perfectly as Adam Hughes...he captures the character so perfectly just like Jim Aparo did back in the 80s.

Juk3n
Patrick Zircher.

The Nuul
Like Jim lee draws a so so Hulk and the GL characters but does the best CAP, X-Men, Superman, Batman and others. It all depends on what artist is doing what characters.

-Pr-
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
That's a good point. For me NO ONE draws Catwoman so perfectly as Adam Hughes...he captures the character so perfectly just like Jim Aparo did back in the 80s.

hughes just makes her look like audrey hepburn. not that its necessarily a bad thing, but its eerie how much like her she is at times...

Philosophía
Superman in the Monitor World. His fight with Mandrakk.

willRules
I actually prefer Doug Mahnke's work on GL #43 yes

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by -Pr-
hughes just makes her look like audrey hepburn. not that its necessarily a bad thing, but its eerie how much like her she is at times...

I think is done intentionally...most likely his inspiration for Selina comes from the style of Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Kris Blaze
Lame.

Quitely's the man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.