Any Plans for KMC 10th Anniversary?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WickedDynamite
Well?

LanceWindu
Ban all the asshats!

BackFire
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Well?

Get the girls in your sig to come to my house and do wonderful/terrible things for me.

The Nuul
After they were at my house with me, you can have sloppy seconds.

WickedDynamite
Sounds like a good plan! I will bring the DVD....err..I mean the girls to BF house and we're gonna do some fun stuff (our idea of "fun"wink

You guys won't mind if I bring along my Evil Twin....would ya?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Ban all the asshats! We have names... mhm

Impediment
When, exactly, is the date of KMC's decade anny?

LanceWindu

REXXXX
July 31st, I believe. Raz's registration date.

LanceWindu
Raz was not the first member though...UnknownBountyHunter was. His registration date is June 4th.

WickedDynamite
Yeah...and Unknown dude has done so much for this place he's worth remembering....

LanceWindu
Yeah...and Unknown dude has done so much for this place he's worth remembering....

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2895/doublefacepalmh.jpg

We are going by the KMC Anniversary, not Raz's sign up date. Since UBH registered on that day, and he's the first ever member, naturally that is the closest date we have to the KMC Anniversary.

Dee dee dee!

WickedDynamite
Well, to my knowledge Unknownwhoeverhewas did not administrate these forums nor did he do anything to make this place what it is today. He would have some importance in this discussion if he still posted or contributed to our community. Does he?

Now, as for a date...it would only be important if there are plans for an anniversary...which is what the OP is asking. If there are plans then I humbly would suggest Raz to decide on a date to throw the big bash.

Dee dee dee! your gimmicks and nonsense back to your cave. I'm too old for your business.

LanceWindu
Well, to my knowledge Unknownwhoeverhewas did not administrate these forums nor did he do anything to make this place what it is today. He would have some importance in this discussion if he still posted or contributed to our community. Does he?

Now, as for a date...it would only be important if there are plans for an anniversary...which is what the OP is asking. If there are plans then I humbly would suggest Raz to decide on a date to throw the big bash.

Dee dee dee! your gimmicks and nonsense back to your cave. I'm too old for your business.

You are obviously still not getting the point.

Since UBH's sign up date is the earliest one, it's the closest (if not THE) date that KMC was created. UBH was the original creator of KMC, to my knowledge, and he handed the reigns over to Raz.

If we were to have a KMC Anniversary Bash, it's only logical to do it on the actual anniversary.

And yes...you are pretty old.

WickedDynamite
No, I do get the point, it's that you don't get mine. Which again I will point that Unknownwhateverhisname is no longer current with this KMC. Maybe in early days of Star Wars he was, but since those days KMC practically evolved into a whole new monster.

Again, if a date is to be decided for a possible KMC anniversary...leave it to Raz to decide (mind you I'm not passing the buck....just making a simple suggestion) or he could go with Uknowsomethingname first post. Which ever it is a 10th year celebration would be a neat idea.

Peach
The fact that he's no longer current doesn't really change the fact that that's the first registered date on KMC, though.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Peach
The fact that he's no longer current doesn't really change the fact that that's the first registered date on KMC, though.

Exactly!

Vinny Valentine
Going to back up WD on this one, I think he makes a decent point.

If we're going to do a 10 year anny, we might as well do it from an important date if we're going to bring it down to a month difference.

10 Year Anny since Raz has developed and maintained the forums seems like a very logical way to go, rather than 10 years to the first member who happened to register to the closest opening date of the forum.

I'd say 31st for Anniversary. If not, put it up for vote on the entire forum:

A) Closest member sign up to original KMC release

or

B) Raz's sign up since his development and maintaining OF KMC over 10 years.

Bardock42
No, I do get the point, it's that you don't get mine. Which again I will point that Unknownwhateverhisname is no longer current with this KMC. Maybe in early days of Star Wars he was, but since those days KMC practically evolved into a whole new monster.

Again, if a date is to be decided for a possible KMC anniversary...leave it to Raz to decide (mind you I'm not passing the buck....just making a simple suggestion) or he could go with Uknowsomethingname first post. Which ever it is a 10th year celebration would be a neat idea.

You don't decide dates for anniversaries, they have already been set....that's the point of an anniversary. You could perhaps decide that you want to celebrate Raz's anniversary, or that you want to celebrate the KMC anniversary on a more convenient day, but that wouldn't necessarily be the KMC anniversary.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

If we're going to do a 10 year anny, we might as well do it from an important date if we're going to bring it down to a month difference.

A good example would be the opening of new forum. I remember when the Kill Bill forum first open. Raz, open the forum....Korry was the first one to post. If we were to celebrate the anniversary of the Kill Bill (which is obvious no longer active) forum...we would go with whoever cut the ribbon? No, of course not, Raz made it happen...he gets the pat on the back not the first poster. Besides, if memory serves me right, in the past when Raz creates a new forum...no one can post until he allows it. So whoever post first is irrelevant.

Further more...we still need to know if there are going to be any celebrations for the 10th. We're jumping the gun here with dates and stuff.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Bardock42
You don't decide dates for anniversaries, they have already been set....that's the point of an anniversary. You could perhaps decide that you want to celebrate Raz's anniversary, or that you want to celebrate the KMC anniversary on a more convenient day, but that wouldn't necessarily be the KMC anniversary.

But if we picked the date to be the first member joining, and not the actual opening date, then we're still picking the date.

Ushgarak
Raz created these forums. He's the first- ignore any evidence to the contrary. The earliest starting dates are messed up due to various issues, including the transfer over from episode-ii.co.uk. The older posters pre-date the KMC port-over and the join dates are irrelevant at that point

UBH was the first mod at episode-ii.co.uk, and was completely weird, but Raz is the creator of all this.

Except maybe Zed.

LanceWindu
But if we picked the date to be the first member joining, and not the actual opening date, then we're still picking the date.

First member joining IS the actual opening date. The original administrator would have to sign in to the forum to actually created the different sections.

We're picking a date...the correct one.

Ushgarak
Honestly, no you are not.

If you are talking about the KMC forums, Raz's join date is the accurate one, as that is when they actually started existing. The other start dates are simulated. Raz, as I remember, did not do that for himself.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Honestly, no you are not.

If you are talking about the KMC forums, Raz's join date is the accurate one, as that is when they actually started existing. The other start dates are simulated. Raz, as I remember, did not do that for himself.

I stand corrected, I just wanted to get the most accurate date. Seeing as how the members list is farked up, how was I to know?

Ushgarak
Lordy, those start dates have queeq and Gundark joning after me. They were Jedi Council members (globals) before I joined.*

The trick is to try and find the first post in this place. Various bumping vandals kinda messed that up, but it could only be in either the GDF or the Prequel SW section.

I reckon you will find the first post is significantly after those early join dates.

* on reflection, it is possible I opened an account some six months before I began posting; I posted a theory on Raz's old speculation page long before I joined the forums.

In that case, all the early member join dates are likely from episodeii.co.uk, and got ported over at some point after the transfer; I think SOME posts from the earlier version came across but not the earliest days. Regardless, we should count thiings from the day the KMC forums opened.

I also have a vague memory that Raz was not on his first account (it would be Raz and Zed that kicked this place off), which may explain his apparently later start date.

In any case, I remember the day Raz opened the KMC forums and invited me to try them out.

LanceWindu
I wonder if Raz is able to open the files and change the error. Make his join date correct and stuff.

Ushgarak
Just edited my post- I don't think they are errors as such, just misleading.

In essence you are entirely correct of coruse- the important point is the day the forums opened, not when the most significant poster starterd posting. Just that first day is harder to find than it first appears.

LanceWindu
I remember when I joined, KMC was on a completely different style of message board, and it was transferred to vBulletin later on. We had the Episode-ii-co.uk banner still, however I remember it being called KMC even back then.

I think I joined not long after the switch...maybe, possibly.

Member number 190!

Ushgarak
I suspect you may find that the KMC 10th anniversary would be in 2011. The SW RP area certainly did not exist until 2001, and building it was one of the first things I did here, and I was here on day 1.

Ushgarak
Got it.

Zed and Killermovies Staff (pretty much a dummy account), are the genuine first members of this forum- start of April 2001.

Well, actually they are listed as second and third, but I suspect the first is Raz.

Oh, and queeq and Gundark did not JC up until March 2001- and I posted in the thread saying they had been promoted. Forgot that...

LanceWindu
Got it.

Zed and Killermovies Staff (pretty much a dummy account), are the genuine first members of this forum- start of April 2001.

Well, actually they are listed as second and third, but I suspect the first is Raz.

Oh, and queeq and Gundark did not JC up until March 2001. My mistake!

Wow, really? I didn't join that long after you guys, to this version of the forums, at least.

Ushgarak
Sure. Even Edna only joined in March, just before the move over.

Anyone listed on the Members list before Zed is in fact only applying to episode-ii.co.uk accounts, and I think that only covers those who came over to the new place (which is why there is only one page worth of them). Those accounts were subsequently amended so their start dates matched their episode-ii ones, but Raz's account was something slightly different in that respect. A bunch of episode-ii posts were ported over as well, but not all. Certainly a lot of old sections (like the original RP section) are long gone.

I think only Raz could tell you when the episode-ii.co.uk forums started.

LanceWindu
Sure. Even Edna only joined in March, just before the move over.

Anyone listed on the Members list before Zed is in fact only applying to episode-ii.co.uk accounts, and I think that only accounts for those who came over to the new place.

Damn...that early member list is very misleading.

Can't believe it's 9 years this June, since I first joined and met you and the other Jedi Council Members.

WickedDynamite
Well, this became like the debate over Christmas origin and the origin festival of Saturnalia...yeah, give up gifts and egg nog for getting drunk and acting like fools..I prefer the former....blagh!

Let me propose this (if you like) why don't we just go with the date on Raz profile and we have our bash!.... Or we wait another year....

Out with the old and in with the new.

(mind you I'm old but still count!)

LanceWindu
Well, this became like the debate over Christmas origin and the origin festival of Saturnalia...yeah, give up gifts and egg nog for getting drunk and acting like fools..I prefer the former....blagh!

Let me propose this (if you like) why don't we just go with the date on Raz profile and we have our bash!.... Or we wait another year....

Out with the old and in with the new.

(mind you I'm old but still count!)

I'd personally prefer waiting until the proper date, which would be April 1st of next year, if Ush is correct.

But who is to stop us from celebrating both days?

Bardock42

Oh yes, I agree, I would assume that Raz actually knows when he opened KMC, there is obviously some confusion in the start dates.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by LanceWindu
I'd personally prefer waiting until the proper date, which would be April 1st of next year, if Ush is correct.

But who is to stop us from celebrating both days?

Yeah, we could celebrate all month. That would be neat and better than just to choose a date.

We should have a contest for people whom want make a 10th year anniversary banner.

Ushgarak
Ah, here we are.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t594.html

Raz informs us of the move April 10th. As he says in that post, he was setting the place up before then, so that is why Killermovies Staff and Zed date from the week before.

Note how he says there that he cannot transfer the older posts over. Now, as that thread is part of the old boards, that clearly did not eventually prove to be the case. The truth is that he later found a way to bring the old stuff over (minus abandoned old areas like the original RP area). However, everyone did have to re-register at that time at the new place, and as I said, their join dates were subsequently backdated.

REXXXX
How bizarre. I've been on KMC for a ridiculously long time.

Newjak
Originally posted by REXXXX
How bizarre. I've been on KMC for a ridiculously long time. Yes you have.

I actually can not believe it's approaching a half decade with me stick out tongue

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Newjak
Yes you have.

I actually can not believe it's approaching a half decade with me stick out tongue Just realised I've hit mine. That's like 1/4 of my life.

Spidervlad
6 years for me here. I really can't believe it's been that long, I mean so much stuff changed in my life through all that time... Yet KMC stays unchanged.

Raz
Ep-II.co.uk was started at the beginning of January 2000 and the forums were later on that month I think.

The problem we have with the posts is that I stupidly pruned some posts by accident in the middle of Summer 2000 losing a ton of posts. Also the post numbers, userids and join dates aren't consistent because we have moved forum software 3 times now.

Also I've done a check on the db and the earliest post we have stored is from June 4th: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5937#post5937

So it's hard to pin down a proper date.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.