SW Game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tom Gon Jinn
If you could make a video game of Star Wars, what would it be about? Mine would be an RPG where you could be any SW character (And I mean ANY), or you can make one up. Then, you live your life in the entire SW Universe, getting any ship, weapon etc... Really, play your own Star Wars film.

Xizor
That sounds made fun. I could be Xizor.smile Something wear you could design your own character and ships would be cool as well. In addition you can choose from hundreds of Chracters and ships, but you have to earn some of the cooler ones.

UnknownBountyHunter
This really belongs in the RPG forum, I am moving it there.

theEviljedi
This has more to do with games so I moved it to the suggestion forum.

UnknownBountyHunter
Why the suggestions forum EJ? This has nothing to do with what can improve the site. It shall go the EU forum then.

Jedi Mercenary
I like this idea. Let's keep it where it is.

theEviljedi
My forum has more to do with making stories not ideas for video games thats why.

UnknownBountyHunter
Ahh! I see.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Daft
God, why is everyone so fussy about where all the subjects belong? A computer game would mostly count as Expanded Universe, especially if it is a role-playing-game with new characters and planets in it. You should just keep it here if you ask me.

Anyway, I am a great fan of computer games and I agree that an RPG of Star Wars would be excellent. I'd like to make my own strategy, similar to Force Commander, but with more planets and a better storyline.

A stealthy action game with a Sith Assassin or something would be really cool I think. Or a 1st person shoot-em-up like Dark Forces could be really cool if you got to visit loads of different planets and locations.

I have tons of ideas for Star Wars computer games, but I'd be here forever writing them down.

Darth Heinous
There was a Star wars RPG at one time. West End Games used to make The Star Wars RPG until last year. I've played it before. It's really cool. I played a Jedi named Zorro Neko (who went around hunting down darksiders). Zorro had Mandalorian battle suit (painted black) and two customized doulble-blade lightsabers (colored green and purple). My best friend also enjoyed playing the Star Wars RPG. She played Aliah Rhomm (A jedi who timed jumped from The Sith War to Battle of Endor). Aliah had a purple lighsaber, a customized A-wing fighter, and Astromech Droid named Artoo-Three-Two (R2-3-2). I heard rumors that Wizards Of The Coast will make a new Star Wars RPG.

Darth Daft
Yes I believe that was said on the Star Wars site. Those characters sound really cool, Heinous.

Lord Odin
Yeah, apparently the same dudes that made Baldurs Gate 1 & 2, (and all those other AWESOME rpgs by Bioware!) are doing the first Computer based SWRPG game, due to be released in around 2002!

Sweet!

I roleplay quite a bit on the net, although not like you guys do here, its all based on the SWRPG rules by West End Games and I usually play the bad guy.

I have a Silver tip Wookie named Chostoballata, and a dark jedi named Odin. (I also play in heaps of other games, but none of them are proper SWRPG smile )

Darth Heinous
TSR the company that created Dungeons & Dragons and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons just released the NEW Star Wars RPG. Bill Slavicsek who wrote the original Star Wars RPG (West End Games) wrote this awesome new version of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game. CHECK IT OUT!

Lord Odin
I am very familiar with TSR, and if they've done a new SWRPG then I'll definitely have to check it out!!

I heard Wizards of the Coast had bought the rights to it, though.

Darth Heinous
The NEW Star Wars RPG is so cool. However, There's some things I don't like about it. The translations over from the OLD Star Wars RPG aren't that great, especially excluding certain Force powers and the capital ship translations are terrible. C'mon! Imperial Star Desroyers should have thosands of hull points (not seven hundred)! I think certain characters were underated or overated in NPC stats (but that happened all the time in the OLD Star Wars RPG). I think 20 levels is too limited. Overall, I like the game very much. I can hardly wait for the new Expanded Universe sourcebooks to come out (Thrawn trilogy, Dark Empire series, Tales Of The Jedi and so on)!

Admiral Kettch
In response to Tom Gon's original post, there is a star wars online rpg in the makes by LucasArts and Verant Interactive, now title Star Wars Galaxies. Probably won't be out in retail until 2002, though. Here's their site:

www.starwarsgalaxies.com

Just in case you all hadn't heard about it!

I'm really looking forward to the TotJ RPG, being made by Bioware, though.

"Yub yub, commander." -Various Lt.Kettch personaes

darthcraka
would make a game that had no end there for it would have to be online, you would gte to choose a species/sex/and all other aspects of your char and you would be able to build char and compete against real chars from star wars and the eu it would be awsome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.