How much can they lift using the force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ankur29

MasterAshenVor
Incalculable for all of them...THE FORCE has NO limits.

ankur29
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor

really?

obiwan has never lifted anything too impressive

One Free Man
Bane wields moons like hammers. He can beat the shit out of a planet with its own moon. We're talking INCALCULABLE.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ankur29
really?

obiwan has never lifted anything too impressive And Kit Fisto never dropped a galaxy on a moving target---what's your point? We can't measure this.

mattatom
Size matters not

truejedi
Dang it Matt, I was going to say that Size Matters Not.

MasterAshenVor
Revan Solos.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by mattatom
Size matters not Originally posted by truejedi
Dang it Matt, I was going to say that Size Matters Not.

You two wish.

truejedi
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
You two wish.

Dang it Red!!! you mean your mom told you?!?! crap.

Red Nemesis
facepalm

Blowback burnd urslf dood.

majr fayl.

truejedi
it was an acceptable loss. You had already brought my Revan into play.

Red Nemesis
Oh, on topic: N. is at incalculable.

/win

Darth_Glentract
It obviously does matter to an extent otherwise the planets would be pinballs. I would say most could lift a few tons if they had to, but only a few would be over, say, a dozen tons.

REXXXX
"Size matters not," but I suppose Force-users can be limited by the max of their connection or how talented they are with telekinetics.

mattatom
Maybe no one has actually tried to move a planet with the Force?

Slash_KMC
"Do, or do not. There is no try."

mattatom
I find your lack of originality, disturbing.

ares834
Just saying in Shatterpoint Mace was unable to lift the truck. Or something like one...

mattatom
While holding back a landslide of hundreds of tonnes.

truejedi

QFT

ares834
That was afterwards.

Nephthys
It can't be unlimited otherwise all it would take would be some crazy ass guy to be all powerful imo. Plus I think there have been people who thought they could do something and failed.

Red Nemesis
There is a distinction.

One Free Man
http://visual.merriam-webster.com/images/science/physics-mechanics/lever.jpg stabilizing this =/= lifting the whole thing.

mattatom
I do take Physics, as i said I haven't read the book in months I sincerely apologise.

REXXXX
Originally posted by Nephthys
It can't be unlimited otherwise all it would take would be some crazy ass guy to be all powerful imo. Plus I think there have been people who thought they could do something and failed.

Indeed. "Do or do not" has the latter part of the saying for a reason. I'm sure Force-users are capable of great things with the Force but sometimes there are just things that cannot be done.

BoratBorat
A jedi can lift his/her penis with the force

Red Nemesis
Or maybe moving something that big would be an abomination (changing the orbit = total extinction &/or genocide) so no Jedi has ever needed to.

King Kandy
Yes, but a Jedi's ability to use it does.

MasterAshenVor
The extent of a Jedi's Power is limited to his connection to the force and his own mental barriers but if you have an extremely strong individual in the Force who has broken through his mental barriers. there would be nothing that he cannot do.

ares834
The extent of a Jedi's Power is limited to his connection to the force and his own mental barriers but if you have an extremely strong individual in the Force who has broken through his mental barriers. there would be nothing that he cannot do.
False. Anakin who has the highest potential ever could only become twice as powerful as Sidious thus he would not be omnipotent as you claim.

Red Nemesis
prove it

Lord Lucien
Yeah, what if Sidious was already half-way to omnipotent?

Eminence
Tha-- that's impossible!

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Eminence
Tha-- that's impossible!
he poasts

what an exciting day

god damn but it is difficult to express total disdain through text. Imagine that I said that in the voice of an Elkor from Mass Effect and you'll get my intention.

Eminence
Red Nemesis
He poasts

What an exciting day

*g-dDamn but it is difficult]* to express total disdain through text. Imagine that I said that in the voice of an Elkcor from Mass Effect and you'll get my intention.

*(content)]* = ewrephraseplz

BoratBorat
oh no faunuts is back, RUN.

mattatom
Originally posted by BoratBorat
oh no faunuts is back, Show him the love and respect which he deserveswhich is alot!. Fixed.

KingD19
Like some others have said, it depends on the individual, their connection to the force, and how inherently powerful they are.

Luke rebuilt Vader's castle stone by stone.

One of the Masters in the New Order said when he was younger, he pulled a starship out of a gravity well with no effort.

In the series about the Jedi turned detective after Order 66, a kid with enormous force potential actually grabbed shield energy, turned it into a ball, then threw it.

Starkiller pulled a Star Destroyer out of the sky. And yes, he pulled it down, it was just floating before, and he changed it's course, pulled it down out of the sky, then stopped it before it hit him.

Mind over matter.

truejedi
Originally posted by KingD19

Starkiller pulled a Star Destroyer out of the sky. And yes, he pulled it down, it was just floating before, and he changed it's course, pulled it down out of the sky, then stopped it before it hit him.

No he didn't. Read the novel, that's canon. What you THINK you see on screen, when confronted with narration from the novel: the narration wins. If you see something on screen that is beyond discussion, then it takes precedence over the novel.

mattatom
I remember debating this some thread long ago, but yes TJ's right. Gameplay isn't canon, he didn't pull it down while evading rounds of TIE Fighters, he redirected it. When Kota says 'bring it down' it's because at it's current angle it would miss the Ore Cannon, so he changes the angle 'brings it down' so it would hit the cannon.

akpwnz
I remember debating this some thread long ago, but yes TJ's right. Gameplay isn't canon, he didn't pull it down while evading rounds of TIE Fighters, he redirected it. When Kota says 'bring it down' it's because at it's current angle it would miss the Ore Cannon, so he changes the angle 'brings it down' so it would hit the cannon.

I'm tired of Starkiller being overhyped via video game as well.

imho - if it didn't happen in a book or movie, it didn't happen at all. The story writers and quest writers for a lot of these games are pretty clueless. I worked for SOE during the Star Wars Galaxy days, it was pretty sad.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by akpwnz
I'm tired of Starkiller being overhyped via video game as well.

imho - if it didn't happen in a book or movie, it didn't happen at all. The story writers and quest writers for a lot of these games are pretty clueless. I worked for SOE during the Star Wars Galaxy days, it was pretty sad. The Force Unleashed novel... ya know?

\\S//
If we're going to use physical measurements of strength we most use the physical aspects of the force, which comes to formula.

midi-chlorian count per cell (X) mass of each cell (X) mass of individual

percentage of midi-chlorians attuned to individual's will

\\S//
Sorry,

midi-chlorian count per cell (X) mass of each cell (X) mass of individual

percentage of midi-chlorians Not Yet attuned to the individual's will

Galen Marek had the highest Midi-chlorian count.

Together, Galen Marek, Dark Empire Sidious, Vodo Siosk-Baas, Darth Nihilus, Darth Bane, Naga Sadow, Darth Traya, EU Luke Skywalker, Cade Skywalker, Freedon Nadd and The Sith Emperor possessed knowledge of every force technique, power and abilityseen in the movie and in the EU put together, and Galen Marek has the potential to master every technique known by this list and more to a higher degree than anyne else in Star Wars.

If he attunes every midichlorian in his body to his will I'd imagine him being able to tilt the orbit of a moon, and if he mastered every technique, I'd see him as being able to compete with High-Herald level Super Hereos and Buu Saga DBZ Characters.

truejedi
Originally posted by \\S//
Sorry,

Accepted. I forgive you.

source?

source?

Pure speculation.

Red Nemesis
You're mistaken, this is the pertinent equation:

Eminence
What.

Bleh.

mattatom
Originally posted by Eminence
What.

Bleh. Eminence, you being active, more of it. NOW! plz.

Red Nemesis
The log (which is naturally base 10) of the quantity three times pi (end quantity) divided by point nine nine nine i.

It is called the ulgrath constant (which is a bit of a misnomer because the value is constantly changing based on the central computer which is continuously calculating more digits of pi). I just couldn't figure out the symbol for it until now:

╙

so:
(((number of synapses/Kg of bodyweight^Meisher-Curtwreit control scale value)-(number concussions during puberty/number years trained))^(number midichlorians/prehensile digit*percent cells untouched by a lightsaber))/(alphanumeric value of name where a=1 b=2 c=3...)^╙ )

Jonathan Ingram
But can you tell me what argz is when |z| = 5 and z = x + 3i?

mattatom
Originally posted by Jonathan Ingram
But can you tell me what argz is when |z| = 5 and z = x + 3i? A waste of time.

Jonathan Ingram
Only because you can't do it...

Red, I would like the answer in degrees first and then converted to radians.

Red Nemesis
Are you trying to get me to do your homework for you?

Not gonna happen. You've seen the wiki; the equations there aren't hard.

Jonathan Ingram
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Not gonna happen.

That's your opinion on the matter.

Red Nemesis
Neb, are you still in highschool?

Jonathan Ingram
Maybe?

Jonathan Ingram
Why? big grin

Red Nemesis
I definitely thought you were older. There was sort of a "locked in battle since '04" thing going on.

Jonathan Ingram
I don't know what that means but thank you. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.