China economic crash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
http://finance.yahoo.com/retirement/article/108534/contrarian-investor-sees-economic-crash-in-china?mod=retire-planning

James Chanos predicts the economic crash of China will be "Dubai times 1,000 -- or worse"

Better not let the bubble pop.

WickedDynamite
China goes broke...we owe them nothing. w00t

Unless they send us to collections....

Darth Jello
They run the risk of civil war should their economy collapse. However, if the state apparatus is powerful enough to prevent this, they still have the worlds largest army and an arsenal of unreliable, but nonetheless dangerous nuclear weapons. Poor Chinese farmers also have the opportunity to save their economy. China is theorized to have more truffles than any other place on earth. What would happen if they started harvesting and exporting a rare product that was locally considered worthless pig-feed but carries a price tag of right around $3,000 per kg everywhere else?

Wild Shadow
umm.. ur making me hungry... i sure could go for some pig's feet and chicklins..... maybe a side order of chicken feet soup....

Darth Jello
Truffles is gooooood

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Jello
They run the risk of civil war should their economy collapse. However, if the state apparatus is powerful enough to prevent this, they still have the worlds largest army and an arsenal of unreliable, but nonetheless dangerous nuclear weapons. Poor Chinese farmers also have the opportunity to save their economy. China is theorized to have more truffles than any other place on earth. What would happen if they started harvesting and exporting a rare product that was locally considered worthless pig-feed but carries a price tag of right around $3,000 per kg everywhere else?

Yeah, but truffles cost what they do because of the rarity, flood the market and the price will drop drastically.

That or the French will declare that the Chinese truffle isn't really a truffle and any self respecting snob shouldn't touch one.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, but truffles cost what they do because of the rarity, flood the market and the price will drop drastically.

That or the French will declare that the Chinese truffle isn't really a truffle and any self respecting snob shouldn't touch one.

China ain't stupid. They'll regulate and limit truffle production while importing good French and Italian species to seed in their forests.

Robtard
China ain't stupid. They'll regulate and limit truffle production while importing good French and Italian species to seed in their forests.

They're certainly not and anything they can get into to make money, they generally do. So it's safe to say there's a very good reason why China hasn't become the truffle capitol of the world.

Darth Jello
Again, partly it's cause they're locally worthless. China is smarter than the US though. When they did their version of cash for clunkers, the stipulated that it only applied if you bought domestically made vehicles from chinese companies.

Robtard
Again, partly it's cause they're locally worthless. China is smarter than the US though. When they did their version of cash for clunkers, the stipulated that it only applied if you bought domestically made vehicles from chinese companies.

I agree, but I can't see the Chinese government passing on what could potentially be a multi-billion dollar export deal. They could easily make 'X' percent of farmers use their pigs as truffle sniffers and then take the lions share of the profit.

I believe I said that in the thread long ago, how the US should have made it a US car deal only, as the 'Big Three' are in the shitter.

Darth Jello
I agree, but I can't see the Chinese government passing on what could potentially be a multi-billion dollar export deal. They could easily make 'X' percent of farmers use their pigs as truffle sniffers and then take the lions share of the profit.

I believe I said that in the thread long ago, how the US should have made it a US car deal only, as the 'Big Three' are in the shitter. Well you know, protectionism is bad. Protecting american workers is bad, anticapitalist, and unamerican...somehow. That's why the percentage of revenue from tariffs by the US government went from over 60% to like, 3% in just a few decades. That's right, a majority of America's money came from protecting its workers.

inimalist
China's coming environmental collapse seems more ominous, imho

Darth Jello
Or they'll have an outbreak of an incurable virus due to their farming conditions as theorized by military scientists for years.

Robtard
Or they'll have an outbreak of an incurable virus due to their farming conditions as theorized by military scientists for years.

World War Z begins!

inimalist

lol, I guess I included all of that in "environmental collapse", but I hear you.

World War Z begins!

It is really only a matter of time.

The Dark Cloud
That's interesting considering China is a creditor nation with huge reserves of foreign capital. It has a stable controlled central banking system and is now by far the worlds largest exporter. Dubai on the other hand is awash in debt far worse than even we are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.