The Ultimate Gaming System

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
I will make a company which sells a ultimate gaming system for 1,000$.
BUT WAIT!

Features:

Plays all Xbox games, XBox-Xbox360
Plays all Playstation games PS1-PS3, and PSP
Plays all nintendo games, gameboy, gameboy advance, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo WII and dream cast.
Plays DVD
Plays Blue Ray
Plays Ipod
HAs Itunes
Has Internet REAL internet meaning surfing websites on your tv with your controller.
and last but not least has a built in CD cleaner that removes all scratches with a touch of a button.

Would you buy it?

One Free Man
If I had 1000 dollars to throw away, sure. IMO computor does all of this except cd cleaning and exclusives.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
BUT WAIT!

Features:

Plays all nintendo games, gameboy, gameboy advance, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo WII and dream cast.
Plays DVD
Plays Blue Ray
Plays Ipod
HAs Itunes
Has Internet REAL internet meaning surfing websites on your tv with your controller.
and last but not least has a built in CD cleaner that removes all scratches with a touch of a button.

Would you buy it? Yeah.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah.

It'd be kind of stupid to not buy it, really. (If one is an avid gamer.)

That's just my opinion.

chomperx9
i wouldnt buy it because if the system crashes you are screwed unless you kept all your previous systems

Colossus-Big C
2 year warrenty

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by One Free Man
If I had 1000 dollars to throw away, sure. IMO computor does all of this except cd cleaning and exclusives. your computer plays xbox and ps3 games huh

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
It'd be kind of stupid to not buy it, really. (If one is an avid gamer.)

That's just my opinion.

Yeah, it is an excellent deal. I mean I already spent about that much on the consoles I have of this generation alone.

And yeah, technically if you have a very good PC they probably already come close, through emulator, etc, to that, but you have a lot of bother and it would cost you more.

Bardock42
your computer plays xbox and ps3 games huh I think he meant that a lot of them get ported to PCs.

Colossus-Big C
i have to get a patent for my idea tho. its possible i might created between 2012-2014

Bardock42
i have to get a patent for my idea tho. its possible i might created between 2012-2014

Don't bother. You wouldn't get the rights for it, it would likely cost you too much to ever make a profit, and it won't be that interesting more in 2014.

Colossus-Big C
Don't bother. You wouldn't get the rights for it, it would likely cost you too much to ever make a profit, and it won't be that interesting more in 2014. i see mad . dammit i have to think of something new now

chomperx9
i see mad . dammit i have to think of something new now try to think of a way to make WOW free for life

dadudemon
Originally posted by chomperx9
try to think of a way to make WOW free for life

A positive form of "life" and "WOW" do not belong in the same sentence...unless you're being sarcastic.

One Free Man
I think he meant that a lot of them get ported to PCs. Indeed, and most ps/xbox controllers can be changed to pc with little hassle.

Also, I'd like to point out that neither nintendo, sony, or microsoft would ever consent to letting their media systems be combined into one superconsole.

Colossus-Big C
Indeed, and most ps/xbox controllers can be changed to pc with little hassle.

Also, I'd like to point out that neither nintendo, sony, or microsoft would ever consent to letting their media systems be combined into one superconsole. if they did everyone would buy it.

LanceWindu

The licensing costs alone would set you way back, you'd end up spending more than $1k to put it together, so you'd have to sell it for even more than that.

chomperx9
A positive form of "life" and "WOW" do not belong in the same sentence...unless you're being sarcastic. for once i agree with you. i admit i got kicked out of a guild once because i left a raid because i got called in for work. they dont get it that some people actually have lives.

King Kandy
Indeed, and most ps/xbox controllers can be changed to pc with little hassle.

Also, I'd like to point out that neither nintendo, sony, or microsoft would ever consent to letting their media systems be combined into one superconsole.
Oh how I miss the days of Atari when game companies would all make their consoles compatible with all the other consoles made by other companies...

One Free Man
Also, you can probably get all the components required to do this for cheaper than 1000 dollars separately.

BackFire
I already own all those systems, so no.

dadudemon

Didn't Nintendo almost partner with Sony and MS at one point or another...but....due to Nintendo's stupidly/arrogance, they both left and did their own thing? (not at the same time...but similar situations...)

BackFire
Yeah, the original Playstation was originally going to be an add on for the Super Nintendo, but the idea fell through and so Sony just made their own system.

Bicnarok
We are in the ultimate gaming system, yes we are in the Matrix!!

chomperx9
i heard that this might be the last year for the video game developers to release games on the ps2. cause sony wants everyone to move up on to the next gen platform.

what would be best is if they put the hardware back in their PS3 systems to make it backwards compatibale again for PS2 games but that costs them alot of money but more people will buy them then

Eon Blue
I'd buy it.

WickedDynamite
BUT WAIT!

Features:

Plays DVD
Plays Blue Ray
Plays Ipod
HAs Itunes

Would you buy it?

Cool gadget...but not for me...I got other stuff to do...and I do mean "stuff"!

LanceWindu
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Cool gadget...but not for me...I got other stuff to do...and I do mean "stuff"!

Playing with dolls and touching yourself?

WickedDynamite
Why, are you offering? no thanks I'm good.

inimalist
BUT WAIT!

Features:

Plays DVD
Plays Blue Ray
Plays Ipod
HAs Itunes

Would you buy it?

No, at $1000 you are in fact above entry level gaming PC prices, and a good gaming pc will do all of these and more.

inimalist
i heard that this might be the last year for the video game developers to release games on the ps2. cause sony wants everyone to move up on to the next gen platform.

what would be best is if they put the hardware back in their PS3 systems to make it backwards compatibale again for PS2 games but that costs them alot of money but more people will buy them then

Last I heard, PS2 games were still outselling their PS3 versions. Sony would be moronic to stop releasing titles on it, imho. It will shift market share to nintendo, if anything.

Maybe if their PSP was a decent alternative...

chomperx9
Originally posted by inimalist
Last I heard, PS2 games were still outselling their PS3 versions. new titles or old used ones ? cause i hardly ever see anyone grabbing a new PS2 title anymore.

§P0oONY
BUT WAIT!

Features:

Plays DVD
Plays Blue Ray
Plays Ipod
HAs Itunes

Would you buy it? You are a moron. Stop making stupid threads about what goes on in your 10 year old head.

One Free Man

dadudemon

§P0oONY
Dude, come on...

There are much better/nicer ways to say what you just said, without ending up banned. I choose the stick... It's more effective than the carrot. His threads have place in the OTF but not in the GDF.

Anansi
BUT WAIT!

Features:

Plays DVD
Plays Blue Ray
Plays Ipod
HAs Itunes

Would you buy it?

Nope It sounds like your describing a modded ps3 with linux or windows installed using a lot of emulators minus the 360, wii ,and cd cleaner

FistOfThe North
Yeah, it is an excellent deal. I mean I already spent about that much on the consoles I have of this generation alone.

i know, $1000? it's still less than what you spend on your own weekly food intake Bardock but still. It's a hell of a deal.

he should what until the new next gen consoles come out late next year to make the device so he can integrate those systems into the machine, as well. the new price still won't match your grocery bills but who cares. you'd have this one-in-all machination.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i know, $1000? it's still less than what you spend on your own weekly food intake Bardock but still. It's a hell of a deal.

he should what until the new next gen consoles come out late next year to make the device so he can integrate those systems into the machine, as well. the new price still won't match your grocery bills but who cares. you'd have this one-in-all machination. Indeed cool

Robtard
BUT WAIT!

Features:

Plays DVD
Plays Blue Ray
Plays Ipod
HAs Itunes

Would you buy it?

It already exist. There's corporate gaming systems for game developers that play basically any game on the market. Granted, they're not sold to the public.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Robtard
It already exist. There's corporate gaming systems for game developers that play basically any game on the market. Granted, they're not sold to the public. mines plays any and "Every" game ever created smokin'

Robtard
mines plays any and "Every" game ever created smokin'

Can you have it make tea too?

inimalist
Originally posted by LanceWindu
The licensing costs alone would set you way back, you'd end up spending more than $1k to put it together, so you'd have to sell it for even more than that.

Microsoft has also always produced consoles at a loss. This machine, at that price point, would require a huge flow of cash already, and even at other prices, would require it to even be competitive.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/nov2005/tc20051122_410710.htm

X-Box as a full live service, console, games, brand, etc does turn profit when a big game is coming out or something similar, but consoles alone are generally produced at a loss.

new titles or old used ones ? cause i hardly ever see anyone grabbing a new PS2 title anymore.

new titles

so, the PS2 has an install base of 100m people (1), which the PS3 is nowhere near. Add to this, the PS2 is still outselling the PS3 (2). A new title that is released on both systems will sell more on the PS2 because of this and the fact that the game is cheaper.

1 - http://talkplaystation.com/reeves-ps3-will-outsell-ps2s-100m-install-base/

2 - http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/vgsales/images/c/cb/Npd_ps3_vs_ps2_sales.png

inimalist
And yeah, technically if you have a very good PC they probably already come close, through emulator, etc, to that, but you have a lot of bother and it would cost you more.

For christmas I got a Gateway quadcore, 8 gig ram, etc for around 900 Canadian

shopping online for components, you could put together something much more dedicated to gaming for a similar price that would do essentially everything described minus the motion control on wii games.

Bardock42
For christmas I got a Gateway quadcore, 8 gig ram, etc for around 900 Canadian

shopping online for components, you could put together something much more dedicated to gaming for a similar price that would do essentially everything described minus the motion control on wii games.

How would you get current PS3, 360 and Wii games to run smoothly? And where would you get them? Do you have a PS2 emulator, btw? If so, does that run smoothly?

inimalist
How would you get current PS3, 360 and Wii games to run smoothly? And where would you get them? Do you have a PS2 emulator, btw? If so, does that run smoothly?

most major games have a PC version

I do not know of a PS2 emulator. Though, the effort to develop proper emulation software for newer game systems would be much less difficult that developing hardware to read all games from all systems (including cartridge), and would likely be easier to have the companies agree to, if they even have control of emulation software distribution in that way...

Bardock42
most major games have a PC version

I do not know of a PS2 emulator. Though, the effort to develop proper emulation software for newer game systems would be much less difficult that developing hardware to read all games from all systems (including cartridge), and would likely be easier to have the companies agree to, if they even have control of emulation software distribution in that way...

Alright that is a different point though. You were saying you could get a PC that does that for cheaper, I'd disagree.

I think the deal as he described it, is pretty good, I would probably take it, that it is ridiculous is true though.

inimalist
Alright that is a different point though. You were saying you could get a PC that does that for cheaper, I'd disagree.

I don't think it is that different, but ok, you can get a PC that plays the vast majority of games on the current market, has greater backward compatability, with better hardware, internet capability, social networking and other non-game related bonuses for less than you could get this item, even in the hypothetical situation.

For $1000 I'd take another computer over the machine. If a computer wasn't an option, then yes, I'd say it is a good buy.

Bardock42
I don't think it is that different, but ok, you can get a PC that plays the vast majority of games on the current market, has greater backward compatability, with better hardware, internet capability, social networking and other non-game related bonuses for less than you could get this item, even in the hypothetical situation.

For $1000 I'd take another computer over the machine. If a computer wasn't an option, then yes, I'd say it is a good buy.

The point was different cause you said it would be less effort to develope proper emulation than to build hardware to do it, which I agree with, it's just unrelated to whether it would be better for the customer to get a PC or his proposed system.

I also don't disagree that a high end computer might be a better investment, but if I didn't have a PS3 and 360 already I would definitely consider it, even now, that I do have that as well as some older consoles, I am wonderin whether I would get such a magical machine. My reasoning is really that having all those systems in one machine would be incredibly useful. And although most of the current games would work on a PC just as well or better, I even have problems with my SNES Roms on my PC now, I don't think that an emulator (of any console really) would come close even on a 1000$ machine. Of course you could consider the other things it does, but that really depends on what you want to do.

One Free Man
this should be in the gaming forum.

Liberator
Good luck getting the corporations to allow you to develop such a system, they'd be put out of business by hardcore gamers everywhere.

Tha C-Master
It'd also hurt competition in the long run because they would feel they didn't have to try as hard.

Grinning Goku
I'd buy it. I just need about 100 days off from work to actually use the system effectively.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Liberator
Good luck getting the corporations to allow you to develop such a system, they'd be put out of business by hardcore gamers everywhere. Explain

WickedDynamite
Corporations compete with each other....a ubber gaming system like the one we're discussing would only harm the others.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Corporations compete with each other....a ubber gaming system like the one we're discussing would only harm the others. why cant all corporations just merge into a superone? more money for every one

inimalist
why cant all corporations just merge into a superone? more money for every one

because t is communism and terrible for the consumer

Hegemon875
My comp emulates every system except PS3 and XBOX 360 (Ive yet to purchase the sensor bar to hook up to my PC to play wii games properly but I will soon) and does everything else mentioned but it would be nice if it cleaned CD's (not that I use them Daemon Tools FTW).

why cant all corporations just merge into a superone? more money for every one

Pretty basic economics, a monopoly could charge whatever they felt like for their product which equals lose for us

inimalist
Originally posted by Hegemon875
My comp emulates every system except PS3 and XBOX 360 (Ive yet to purchase the sensor bar to hook up to my PC to play wii games properly but I will soon) and does everything else mentioned but it would be nice if it cleaned CD's (not that I use them Daemon Tools FTW).

where can you get working emulators for the PSone and 2 and gamecube?

Those are the only ones I've never seen functional

(I guess all the N64 ones I've seen have only been at like 80% functionality or something too)

One Free Man
Originally posted by Hegemon875

Pretty basic economics, a monopoly could charge whatever they felt like for their product which equals lose for us Then someone would come along and make something better and cheaper and everyone loses money.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.