Death of the Endless vs Nekron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Who wins?

Q99
Death.

Nekron controls the true realm of the dead. Death is the concept of death itself.

Colossus-Big C
nekron is just an aspect of death....just like black flash is.....

Omega Vision
I just wish Johns understood that. I have a feeling that sooner or later Neil Gaiman is going to have a little chat with Johns about screwing with his Paradigm.

Q99
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I just wish Johns understood that. I have a feeling that sooner or later Neil Gaiman is going to have a little chat with Johns about screwing with his Paradigm.

I don't think there's a problem there.

Nekron seems to be the strongest of all the personifications of death within DC proper, but the Endless are somewhat outside all that.

It wasn't Gaiman who had the idea of treating various death characters as different aspects of death.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
I don't think there's a problem there.

Nekron seems to be the strongest of all the personifications of death within DC proper, but the Endless are somewhat outside all that.

It wasn't Gaiman who had the idea of treating various death characters as different aspects of death.
I recall he was pissed when in Captain Atom Death was shown alongside Nekron, Black Flash, and Black Racer as one of the aspects rather than the primary personification.

Colossus-Big C
this is what i was told,

nekron is an spect of death for lanerns
Black Fash is the aspect of death for speedsters
Black racer is the aspect of death for gods(not earth related as the have there own death gods)
etc. there just different persanilities of death of the endless, she is all of them.

dont know this 100% though i might be wrong.

Q99
Nekron's a GL foe (or rather, a GL-Corps scale grand foe. His biggest prior thing being the resurrection of Krona), but he's not specifically the death of GLs. He presides over the big realm of the death and allowed all the resurrections in DC over the last few decades to happen.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I recall he was pissed when in Captain Atom Death was shown alongside Nekron, Black Flash, and Black Racer as one of the aspects rather than the primary personification.

Geoff doesn't seem be focusing on/using the multi-aspect thing that appeared in CA (and not really elsewhere).

I don't think he was annoyed Death wasn't at the top, but rather he didn't like the use of her story-wise, lumping her in with those types. The Endless aren't for putting in to the DC cosmics brawl in any place and only a few writers are allowed to use them. They're Neil Gaiman characters, not DC characters, in short.

When they're in DC (like most vertigo stuff, they're only half-there. You don't really see Swamp Thing show up either), they're just kinda outside all that fighting stuff.

Endless Mike
Death of the Endless represents death as a comforting release
Nekron represents death as the ultimate opponent

Or so I have heard

AlmightyKfish
Gaimen originally made it so that Death of the Endless was >>> All of deaths

Then in CA Death of the Endless was portrayed as an aspect, something Gaimen wasn't happy with.

Then Sandman/Lucifer/Hellblazer etc that originally took place in the DCU as a whole were made out of continuity and apply as their own universe as Vertigo, eliminating Death of the Endless from mainstream continuity...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.