WHat happens....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
So what happens after ROTK?????
Are there any kind of plans for a sort of LOTR EU....you know...side quests and furthur tales....do LOTR fans write fanfic???

Dejio
Meaning.. another series of movies related to JRR Tolkien's writings?
I sure hope so! They could do a prequel thing and make "The Hobbit". And all other books that Christopher Tolkien edited.
I personally would love to see Silmarillion on film.
big grin

Fanfic?.. Doubt that. With all the legal matters goin on with Tolkien Enterprises? confused

Ushgarak
Tolkien did a vast amount of background for Middle-Earth- in fact, he did the background first and then wrote LOTR afterwards- some of which can be explored in works like the Silmarillon, and some of his musings seen in Unfinished Tales.

On the whole, though, no. Whilst Tolkien was keen on creating a whole new mythology, the stuff we have is all there is and no-one else has ever been allowed to add to it.

Onawien
thats a shame

mah
it would be a shame if other authors were allowed to write new stories about middle-earth

Mujaffa
nail'em to a three and light it

Dexx
tolkien's work is better off not clogged by others.
I wouldn't appreciate this'EU' thing, nor do i worry for it's existance any time soon.

glorfindel
Happy Dance Why should we nail them to a THREE, why not a two or a four
smokin'
If you meant nail them to a tree then that would upset the ents eek!
As for setting trees alight that would get them possitivly hastey.

smokin'

Dexx
we all know that unfortunate isengard vs ents story

Mujaffa
shoot me...i had a type-o

glorfindel
BANG sad

smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.