Which type of gamer are you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
Which category do you fall in? Inb4pro.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/1260999111354.jpg

Digi
I love the fact that grrl gamer is the most hated-upon in the bracket there because of her place on the respective axises (Skill and Faggotry). Surely there's more despicable groups on there.

I suppose, if any, I have parts Rec Gamer and WoWfag in me. I don't have as much time play as I used to, and do play WoW fairly regularly. Not to the exclusion of my 360, but it certainly cuts down on my gaming. And I'd like to think I'm more versed in video gaming in general than either category, and certainly was a console generation or two ago. Back on maybe the N64 I'd call myself a Pro Gamer. Pretty good without taking it seriously, and just good enough to challenge those who took certain games much more seriously. Anymore, not so much though.

Kris Blaze
Elitist.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Digi
I love the fact that grrl gamer is the most hated-upon in the bracket there because of her place on the respective axises (Skill and Faggotry). Surely there's more despicable groups on there.
That was my first reaction as well...

Anyhow, I'm not really sure which category I would fit under. Maybe one of the three on the bottom-right side. I dunno. This is pretty degrading either way.

Juk3n
Good Thread thumb up

Going by that list - 'PRO GAMER' has me down to a tee.

27, have all consoles and a nice PC, Plays everything (for example, i started a new Mass effect playthrough especially for the release of ME2, Just clocked Bayonetta and starting in a harder difficulty, and vigourously play MW2 min 4 hours a day.) And i hate Sports games (Madden/fifa/pro'evo.

Although...i do shout "BOOM" when i land a cracker of shot when i snipe. So maybe 80% 'Pro Gamer' and 20% 'Ass Clown' hybrid.

ArtificialGlory
60% piratefag
30% WoWfag
5% assclown
5% elitist

EDIT: By the way, that picture is awesome. Where'd you get it from?

AverageSavage
Elitist reporting in

Kris Blaze
Yes, let's do like Digi did and elaborate a bit.

I think I suit the elitist gamer category best. I'm pretty bitter and easily angered when it comes to gaming. Usually play and behave like an ******* in any sort of competitive play. If I ever "hold" back in a pro-gamer esque manner, it's just so I can humiliate my opponent even more in the next fight. Slightly older games hold a certain appeal to me, not retro-games but many from the late 90s. Own most consoles and play active only the PC. Only thing that's a bit off is that I play my Computer and console equally.
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
60% piratefag
30% WoWfag
5% assclown
5% elitist

EDIT: By the way, that picture is awesome. Where'd you get it from?
I made it in paint.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I made it in paint.

Really? Ha, that's awesome. You should make more of something like this :P

dadudemon
I own all three concoles, play all three, have two gaming PCs, play on both, I''m 26, I often let other people win to be cool, I ONLY play for fun, and I've been gaming since I was 3 and a half. (23 years of gaming...hmm...that's a lot.)

Pro gamer describes me best. I don't have time to play as much as I want, I'm better than most frequent gamers, but not enough to be an elitist. I don't develop any games, and I never steal games.

Everynow and then, I assclown people...and the example they gave of knifing someone right before they finally disarm, is exactly something I'd do. (Quickly followed by loud yelping from me, as follows: "Woooopty woopty woopty SHOOOOOOOP!"

Digi
Yes, let's do like Digi

cool

Peach
Rec Gamer, I guess. I play a fair amount (not as much now as I used to though), I play a bunch of different things, and I do like casual games, though not Halo or TF2 (I quite dislike those), but more puzzle games and the like (Puzzle Quest rocks).

Pro Gamer is a decent fit, but I don't really play games with other people (and lack the hand-eye coordination to really be very skilled at most games), and I don't pirate stuff stick out tongue

Black Yoshi
I'm definately a cross between a rec gamer and a retro gamer. I'm a casual player who'll play almost anything as long as I'm having fun. I don't play Halo or any FPS games, but mainly racing, puzzle, RPG, fighting, strategy, and action/adventure games.

Also, I still have most of my systems and games from the 1990s.

Impediment
While I am, by no means, a Cyberathelete, I play entirely too many video games to be considered a casual gamer.

I don't like the term "hardcore" gamer. It sounds to.....final, if you get my drift.

I prefer to call myself a video game enthusiast.

I play a lot of video games, have current gen consoles, and a wide assortment of last gen games spanning from all eras of gaming.

I also have statues/figures and clothing inspired from video games.

Still, I do get out of the house and meet people. I constantly have to explain to people I tell these things to that I do, in fact, have a life.

That ACDC Chick
i do believe i fall into the category of Rec Gamer

BackFire
Pro Gamer combined with Rec gamer combined with Retrot gamer.

Bardock42
Wow, incredibly sexist, that.

I'd probably describe myself similar to Impediment, although I don't go out...

Impediment
Originally posted by Bardock42
Wow, incredibly sexist, that.

I'd probably describe myself similar to Impediment, although I don't go out...

And, yet, you have a beautiful girlfriend. yes

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
And, yet, you have a beautiful girlfriend. yes She doesn't go out either, it's a match made in heaven.

Impediment
Is Sarah a gamer, too?

Mandrag Ganon
0% Grrl gamer
1% fanboi (Zelda, obviously)
0% Gigantor
0% Tournyfag
1% Fatlus (yes, I am fat, currently have no girlfriend, and due to financial distress, am still stuck living with my parents... though I intend to rectify that whole "living with parents" thing soon.)
1% Bro Gamer (I'm sorry, sony just doesn't cut it for me. Though I am looking forward to Heavy Rain.)
0% Ronery
0% Assclown
0% Wowfag
1% Typical /v/irgin (I engage in console wars, not going to lie, I tend to think they are fun.)
0% piratefag (damn thieves)
10% Elitest (I like SSBM better than SSBB, and Halo 1 is indeed superior to 2 & 3. And I can't stand anything WOW related.)
0% Casualfag
20% Rec gamer (I am not restricted by consoles, though I do tend to play my 360 most. I also have a life outside of Videogames, however small it may be.)
20% Retro Gamer (I still own and play on a regular basis my SNES, N64, PS1 , and would still have an NES if it hadn't died several years ago.)
46% Pro Gamer (Am almost in the age range Though I often get cocky when playing with certain friends, I usually don't rub my victories in other people's faces. I play for fun, don't go for that MLG tournament stuff. I am studying to go into Game development. I have been gaming the vast majority of my life. Some of my earliest memories are of playing Duck Hunt on my brother's NES. I do not pirate (Read: Steal), sometimes I rent, usually I buy.)

Demonic Phoenix
Have 'traits' from both the Elitist and Pro Gamer categories, though geared more towards the latter. Don't hate WoWfags or Fatluses, but do hate it when people don't recognize skill.
Not yet 21, nor do I work on Game Dev/QA (would like to though, perhaps even as a game/beta tester).
Been gaming for 11 years now, I often let others win, though that's just restricted to 'IRL' play.
Used to like the FIFA series, but hate the newer versions. 1999-2001 are the only ones in the series that I'd consider playing. Don't bother with any other sports game.

Also, the picture is WIN.

S_D_J
Excellent thread, great pic

I guess:

Pro Gamer 100%

I would have said 30% piratefag, and 10 Rec, but both of them are included in Pro Gamer

I'm 25, been gaming for over 18 years, I have a life outside videogames... don't like sports game, unless I got someone to play with me (not online), then I play either PES or Madden... but not own them (the games)
I play for fun... I hate Elitists, but I respect Tournyfags.
I have all consoles and handhelds this gen (except Iphone... if consider console/handheld)... I have a PC but the last big thing I really played was Warcraft 3... though I'm looking to upgrade this year. I play pretty much anything

but I also got a thousand roms, my PSP got every emulator available... and I usually "get" games that are not worth a penny... though the good ones I buy afterwards...

-Pr-
cross between pro and rec gamer...

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Peach
Rec Gamer, I guess. I play a fair amount (not as much now as I used to though), I play a bunch of different things, and I do like casual games, though not Halo or TF2 (I quite dislike those), but more puzzle games and the like (Puzzle Quest rocks).

Pro Gamer is a decent fit, but I don't really play games with other people (and lack the hand-eye coordination to really be very skilled at most games), and I don't pirate stuff stick out tongue I'm inclined to agree with this. (for me)

Martian_mind
Assclown

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Digi

I suppose, if any, I have parts Rec Gamer and WoWfag in me. I don't have as much time play as I used to, and do play WoW fairly regularly. Not to the exclusion of my 360, but it certainly cuts down on my gaming. And I'd like to think I'm more versed in video gaming in general than either category, and certainly was a console generation or two ago. Back on maybe the N64 I'd call myself a Pro Gamer. Pretty good without taking it seriously, and just good enough to challenge those who took certain games much more seriously. Anymore, not so much though.

Oh, I don't know. I hate "grrl gamers" wholeheartedly.
I'm something of a Rec Gamer, I suppose.

Kris Blaze
Initially, the Rec Gamer category was supposed to a wider appeal. It sounds too similar to Casual-*** now, but it's more for those who simply play a good deal of games, but the games have a minimum effect on their lives. The Ronery category is also a bit too similar to Fatlus. They're essentially the same with Ronery having less social skills, if possible, and more actual gaming skills. They are all supposed to be somewhat degrading, except for Pro-Gamer and Rec Gamer. But that's part of the fun, a little insight into the ol' self (inb4decartes).

The latter skill category basically lists different mindsets. Tourneyfags worshipping vicotry, Assclowns being assclowns, Pro Gamers being the mature and Elitist being raging game nazis. And I suppose tastes in games varies. Tourneyfags are typically Tekken/Street Fighter gamers and so on, where as Elitist and down will often play a lot of single-player games as well as multiplayer ones.

I think I suit the elitist gamer category best. I'm pretty bitter and easily angered when it comes to gaming. Usually play and behave like an ******* in any sort of competitive play. If I ever "hold" back in a pro-gamer esque manner, it's just so I can humiliate my opponent even more in the next fight. Slightly older games hold a certain appeal to me, not retro-games but many from the late 90s. Own most consoles and play active only the PC. Only thing that's a bit off is that I play my Computer and console equally.

Elitist 80%
/v/irgin 10%
Piratefag 10%

MadMel
pirate/pro gamer here big grin
although i do have an elitist like bitterness when playing some games - not all though..

BoratBorat
I am an ass clown elitist gamer.

AsbestosFlaygon
50% piratefag
25% tourneyfag
25% rec gamer

Gooogle Bot
Assclown is definitely me, sadly.

Tha C-Master
Pro, retro, recreational as I don't play much anymore. Though I like insanely hard stuff.

One Free Man
Originally posted by dadudemon
I own all three concoles, play all three,
Pro gamer

You just contradicted yourself. do you own a gc, n64, nes, snes, etc?

No. and you said "all 3" Nice pro ha-som

I was an elitist piratefag when I really gamed. Basically, summer vacations all my hs. When I have a job/school I turn into a recgamer/ progamer/piratefag.

So...
10% assclown, some of my tactics.
5% retro gamer (If n64 and GC are retro? i still enjoy them and I enjoy ssboriginal more then ssbm so HA on elitest.)
28.3% elitest in my comments, additude towards retards, and when I play ulitmately seriously.
28.3% Rec Gamer in my habitual playing. I play a bit.
28.3% Pro gamer in the fact that I rarely rub it in or am an ass when just playing in a group of friends.

And tf2 is the best competetive online experience I have ever had. SO you know how that is.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
Is Sarah a gamer, too?

Yeah. She owns our 360. She's been playing Prince of Persia and Bayonetta lately.

Ridley_Prime
As accurate as the list pretty much is, I still think tourneyfags are the ones who bring out the worst in gamers, more-so than any of the other groups shown. People who forget the point of gaming altogether and play just to win should be ranked among the highest of faggotry. thumb down

IMO

FistOfThe North
i'm a rec/pro gamer but i come across as a casual gamer to just not bringing the subject up at all, especially to chicks/women, unless they're into it, which is rare.

but i a an avid player. have been since i got my very first console, a genesis, as a kid with "altered beast" but way before that i've had my friend bring over his atari all the time. it is a hobby of mine. i play just about everyday. every once in a while i let a day, maybe 2, pass by. and it's been like that for about the past couple decades.

i do look for tournaments in the region on the specific games i play. i have hosted dozens of video game nights with food and drink. i am very competetive and passionate especially when it comes to fighting games and sports games.

I love my xps more than i do my 360 because it's a greater machine.

People usually by tv's to watch tv but i got my Sony bravia for video games primarily. That goes for my PC, as well.

thanks to current technologies, i have 43 xbox 360 games that i overindulge in, and i love it.

UYVLIOEO
I believe I best fit the role of "fatty".

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
As accurate as the list pretty much is, I still think tourneyfags are the ones who bring out the worst in gamers, more-so than any of the other groups shown. People who forget the point of gaming altogether and play just to win should be ranked among the highest of faggotry. thumb down

IMO

They are ranked highest in faggotry on that picture.

One Free Man
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

but i a an avid player. have been since i got my very first console, a genesis, as a kid with "altered beast" I swear I read this as "altered breast"

menokokoro
fanboi probably best describes me, but i know about 40 bro gamers, AND I HATE THEM ALL!!! lol.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
They are ranked highest in faggotry on that picture.
Oh.. *checks again*
Guess I remembered wrong when I posted that. Thought they were the 2nd highest for some reason.

menokokoro
there should be a catagory for gamers who stopped playing because they realized how much time they wasted playing so many games...that would be me lol

edit: though it does suck pretty bad because i am out of a job and now i have very little to do

StyleTime
I can't believe I'm the only person who is mostly a tourneyfag here.

Tourneyfag- Probably the best fit for me. I play with official tournament settings on most games. I have an affinity for fighting games. I enjoy reading tier lists, frame data, and match up charts. I analyze gameplay videos to build my skills. If I'm not attending local tournaments, I sometimes drive hours to meet decent competition. The only thing I don't fit into is the "must win" mentality. I play competitively for ...the competition. I'd prefer to lose an intense battle than win against inferior opponents. In fact, I usually quit playing a particular person or group if I win too easily. It's not fun for me. We tourneyfags only hate losing when it's because a random, powerful item literally falls out of the sky next to our opponents. No items on Smash Bros please.

Pro Gamer- I've become more of this recently. When playing less skilled friends or family, I usually switch to my secondary or tertiary characters. Often, I just adopt a playstyle unfamiliar to me to keep the match interesting. I haven't competed much lately and my time at the controller has dipped greatly. Still, I log too many hours in video games to be a Casualfag or Rec gamer.

Retro- I play Galaga, Toy Pop, old Mega Man games, Mario, Sega Saturn and Genesis, and others. This is probably the smallest part of my gamer profile though. While I enjoy these things, it doesn't occupy a large amount of my gaming time.

I'm curious which categories each group befriends. I've got a friend that fits the Ronery class in every way possible. He even had his own Assclown antagonist. Most of my friends are Recs though.

Rapidash
I think I am caught somewhere between Rec and Pro gamer. Every time I find myself about to win big, I slow down and allow my opponent to catch up in order to play a for as long game as possible as well as because I find it silly when people get mad for losing so I generally try making it as even as possible if I have the upper hand. If I get the chance, I try push a game to sudden death and a state of 'next to score wins'. If I know my enemy is a sore loser, I often let them win.

I am not very fond in Grrl gamers or attention craving players in general. Particularly females who act weak and incompetent simply for the sake of sympathy. Should I at any point learn that one of my enemy players is a "Grrl gamer", I would target her and if it is within my capability DESTROY HER!

When "Grrl gamers" are not in play, I am often mature and indifferent. I am not too modest to admit that some of the games I play, I am quite good at, but I am entirely indifferent at that point. I do not gloat, act superior or even try to be stylish if I turn out to be a better player than the one I am opposing. Which I should add is not too often, even though I am by no means a bad player at what I play.

Winning or losing, I do not care which. I am out to have a good time and I am out to help others have a good time, friendly as well as enemy players. The only exception would be "Grrl gamers", who in my opinion make all female players look bad and they should be impaled on a pole, burnt to ashes and then drowned. Feel free to kick them when they are down as well.

Grrl gamers is the whole reason I never let people know I am a female. I rather not play at all than be mistaken for one of 'them'.

Rapidash
Originally posted by StyleTime
I'm curious which categories each group befriends. I've got a friend that fits the Ronery class in every way possible. He even had his own Assclown antagonist. Most of my friends are Recs though.

Rec and Pro would surely befriend. Grrl Gamer and Ronery certainly would as well. Gigantor and Tourneyfag should get along well too. Retro Gamer might get along well with Rec and Pro as well.

I know a Casualfag who loves to hang out with and listen to Pro Gamer, Rec Gamer and Retro Gamer friends of mine. The last horizontal line is probably entirely approving of one another.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by StyleTime
I can't believe I'm the only person who is mostly a tourneyfag here.

Tourneyfag- Probably the best fit for me. I play with official tournament settings on most games. I have an affinity for fighting games. I enjoy reading tier lists, frame data, and match up charts. I analyze gameplay videos to build my skills. If I'm not attending local tournaments, I sometimes drive hours to meet decent competition. The only thing I don't fit into is the "must win" mentality. I play competitively for ...the competition. I'd prefer to lose an intense battle than win against inferior opponents. In fact, I usually quit playing a particular person or group if I win too easily. It's not fun for me. We tourneyfags only hate losing when it's because a random, powerful item literally falls out of the sky next to our opponents. No items on Smash Bros please.

Pro Gamer- I've become more of this recently. When playing less skilled friends or family, I usually switch to my secondary or tertiary characters. Often, I just adopt a playstyle unfamiliar to me to keep the match interesting. I haven't competed much lately and my time at the controller has dipped greatly. Still, I log too many hours in video games to be a Casualfag or Rec gamer.

Retro- I play Galaga, Toy Pop, old Mega Man games, Mario, Sega Saturn and Genesis, and others. This is probably the smallest part of my gamer profile though. While I enjoy these things, it doesn't occupy a large amount of my gaming time.

I'm curious which categories each group befriends. I've got a friend that fits the Ronery class in every way possible. He even had his own Assclown antagonist. Most of my friends are Recs though. Then you play at tournaments, which is fine, you aren't a pompous tourneyfag in that sense. I've been around them and I can't stand being around them, and that's in anything. I'm not much of a tournament person as I don't really have much to prove.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah.. I guess I can respect tourneyfags too, as long as they're not ones with the "must win!" mentality.

Tha C-Master
True, and like I said that can be in Martial Arts, working out, Card Games, or whatever. There are some (like my friend) that are convinced that to be good you have to huddle around a small group of people for small prize money to be "the best". I know from experience that the best often don't go to those because they play for fun and have nothing to prove. You really are just playing by the rule suited to help them win. I can play a game flawlessly and with more technical skill than my friends, and lose to them because they implement a cheap tactic or glitch. Are they good, yes, but that doesn't show true skill to me. Then when I use that tactic it's a different story when I'm proving a point.

Tourneyfags (the real ones) suck the fun out of everything.

Kris Blaze
The tourneyfag mentality sort of transcends the gaming genre. This is also the case for Pro Gamers, these are sorts of people that you can find everywhere. The type of person who is brimming to the edge with moderate skill and the competitive person who is obsessed with winning. Tourneyfags acknowledge and often have the most skill though. Even if I do not really care much for people who can't seem to find enjoyment in things where you do not measure your own skills against others, I still have a great deal of respect for them.

I hate meeting Tourney guys on SF4 online. Can't match their skill, only their attitude no expression

AverageSavage
You should have banned people from picking pro gamer, Kris. Just to make things more interesting.

Ridley_Prime
You know how they have those Gamer Zone options on XBL accounts? I think of myself as an Underground gamer rather than a Pro gamer, even though I'm told I have enough skill to be considered pro.

AsbestosFlaygon
When I play games, I always want to win.

It doesn't matter if you're a beginner or an expert in a game.. if I'm extremely good in one game, I like the feeling of curbstomping my opponent.

I don't take it easy on anyone.

Ridley_Prime
Typical tourneyfag mindset.

Tha C-Master
Winning is fine, some just take it too far. I play for fun and I just happen to win 99% of the time. I'm more of a challenge gamer myself, I like to push the envelope doing "impossible" stuff when I play games, although I don't do them as often anymore as I don't really play games much.

The tourneyfag mentality sort of transcends the gaming genre. This is also the case for Pro Gamers, these are sorts of people that you can find everywhere. The type of person who is brimming to the edge with moderate skill and the competitive person who is obsessed with winning. Tourneyfags acknowledge and often have the most skill though. Even if I do not really care much for people who can't seem to find enjoyment in things where you do not measure your own skills against others, I still have a great deal of respect for them.

I hate meeting Tourney guys on SF4 online. Can't match their skill, only their attitude no expression

That depends. Maybe with the average person, but I find the true elite don't care for participating in those things. They are the ones who just choose to up themselves, the tourneyfags are best at playing the games at the rules that suit them. But there are some really good ones. I guess you'll find more "really good" people there percentage wise, but the "very best" won't be there, especially at matches where you play for only a couple grand.

Martial arts, I did one for fun and got first place trophies, didn't mean much to me. Same with card games, and video games. You have one or two good guys and a lot of guys who think they are all that, or rely on the cheapest tactics. Even Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon have these types of people. So I agree with that. I don't know, it just depends. One person can have superior reflexes, knowledge of the moves, and refuse to play a certain way, where another person knows mainly their tier and the glitches and abuses them. Would that make them more skilled? That is subjective I suppose.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
That depends. Maybe with the average person, but I find the true elite don't care for participating in those things. They are the ones who just choose to up themselves, the tourneyfags are best at playing the games at the rules that suit them. But there are some really good ones. I guess you'll find more "really good" people there percentage wise, but the "very best" won't be there, especially at matches where you play for only a couple grand.
This is true. The elitist does not necessarily only participate in competitive games, such as fighting games or shooting games, which is mainly all the tourneyfag does. I'd bring up Pokemon tourneys, but people mostly use shoddybattle for that and it's so riddled with children that it's really difficult to apply these different gamer-types. I can see you going through into the Retro-Gamer a bit, had it not been for your wide area of interest. Those guys are usually skilled as hell, considering how mercilessly difficult some of the older games were.

Tha C-Master
This is true. The elitist does not necessarily only participate in competitive games, such as fighting games or shooting games, which is mainly all the tourneyfag does. I'd bring up Pokemon tourneys, but people mostly use shoddybattle for that and it's so riddled with children that it's really difficult to apply these different gamer-types. I can see you going through into the Retro-Gamer a bit, had it not been for your wide area of interest. Those guys are usually skilled as hell, considering how mercilessly difficult some of the older games were. Well I don't mean necessarily elitist as in taste, but I just meant the elite as in "the best" in general, in most things, weight/body training, gaming, whatever. Some like the competition for fun (which is cool) some like to prove things. My friend constantly has to prove something against me even though I do it for fun and win, so it is one-sided. I guess I've just learned to keep most things to myself as I don't care for excessive attention and nonsense that comes from jealousy. erm To each their own though. I'm used to getting the attention and don't necessarily want it, and some want the attention and never get it, regardless of what it's from.

willman
The only game i really play these days is TF2 but before you all start calling me a Casualfag, you better watch this:

gv4_jTaG_Bk

FWahMaN
A fighting games person mainly. I own DOA, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter (if it looks decent and in 2D and not trying to act/look 3D...so HD Remix is all I'm interested in at the moment) and...yeah. Not a Virtua Fighter person (although it feels like a combination of Tekken's realistic graphics and DOA's mechanics and physics) because I think overall it's lame. Also own DBZ Burst Limit which should count as a side by side 1on1 fighting game.

Second in line is action/adventure. I love those games. I own Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, and Ninja Gaiden.

Then a shooter and Halo 3 is sufficient for me. Fun as hell too.

Lastly RPG is my last interest, as it's not that straight to the action sometimes, and involves having to upgrade a lot and whatnot. I have Final Fantasy X and X-2 but X is the real game of the X series. X-2 is just lolfunmildporn but actually has a better battle system. No I'm not talking about dress spheres (if that's two words..) but more about how you don't have to wait for turns. Dress spheres are for those guys who're ("who" and "are" put together, not whore :laughsmile like "lulz let's put on the least covering dress on! droolio" no expression.

But RPG's are the most I'm attached to. What I mean is they're not quick fun. They feel like interesting movies and books. KH is an RPG but it feels a lot more like 3rd person action. FFX and KH have the best stories from all I've played.

LLLLLink
Tourneyfag = Meta Knight players who claim they main someone else

Ms.Marvel
meh.

tournyfag through and through.

Andrew Ryan
Pro gamer, although I'm technically also a Retro Gamer as well.

No End N Site
Then you play at tournaments, which is fine, you aren't a pompous tourneyfag in that sense. I've been around them and I can't stand being around them, and that's in anything. I'm not much of a tournament person as I don't really have much to prove.

iorilmao You sure do hate tourneyfags!

I don't know which category I fall in, they all seem so EXTREME! I have the good qualities of many of them and the flaws of none. Am I perfect?

Blinky
Rec/Retro Gamer, to the bone.

Digi
So I'm at a random family gathering, bored out my ass, and find myself playing Wii skiing with a bunch of middle-schoolers. I had never played Wii before, and all of them had. So they teach me the controls, I dick around for a second with the calibration to get a feel for it...and then I proceeded to win 4 straight races against them, all on different play settings (bobsled, snowboard, etc.).

I removed myself after that, not wanting to demoralize a bunch of kids. Part of me felt kinda bad, but there was also a sense of satisfaction. Kids will never have the gaming aptitude of young adults or adults, so it wasn't a huge achievement by any stretch. But a complete noob to video games wouldn't have beaten them, adult or not. I'm going to chalk it up to lingering shadows of Pro Gamer-dom in my blood and smile.

One Free Man
or the fact that wii sucks...

...and kids suck...

...and you don't suck...

no expression

Yeah, I have no idea where the hell I'm going with this either.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by No End N Site
iorilmao You sure do hate tourneyfags!

I don't know which category I fall in, they all seem so EXTREME! I have the good qualities of many of them and the flaws of none. Am I perfect? Why wouldn't I? I don't hate tourney players, but tourneyfags are the kind of people who have snotty attitudes and are sore losers. People say jocks are bad. I think angry nerds are worse. stick out tongue

NemeBro
Hm, a few of those describe meh.

I have aspects of Retro Gamer, still owning an Atari, NES, Super NES, Sega Genesis, and Nintendo 64, and I do think games have unfortunately become far too easy, compared to the Nintendo Hard difficulty back in the day. I have at times acted like the Assclown, as I do rather enjoy crushing weaker gamers under the weight of my massive E-Pen0r. Piratefag can fit me, I have hacked my PSP so that I no longer need to pay for games, hacked my old Xbox in the exact same way, though I generally do not PC game because I have no private computer to do so on. Not sure if even I am conceited enough to say I am a Pro Gamer or Tourneyfag.

FinalAnswer
I'm an assclown

=)

Though it's opposite for Elitist tastes. I have both consoles and PC, but rarely play PC.

Bladewind
Rec gamer with a distaste for piratefags.

jinXed by JaNx
Type of gamer? Duude, i rock them all. wink

NemeBro
You're a grrl gamer?

No End N Site
Why wouldn't I? I don't hate tourney players, but tourneyfags are the kind of people who have snotty attitudes and are sore losers. People say jocks are bad. I think angry nerds are worse. stick out tongue

Lol Yeah, angry nerds are worse, they never take action, they just whine and complain like it's a full time job. The ones belonging to the Fighting game and FPS genres are the worst. It's impossible to be a tourney*** and a decent human being at the same time. Once you cross that line, humanity is lost and failures in life just seem to shower you. I don't hate them though, once you realize what being a tourney*** does to people, you'll feel sorry. At least the type your talkin' about.

ScreamPaste
I'm a tournefag, except I don't actually care a huge amount about winning, I'm just competitive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.