1 US Dollar = 4,672,634,610 Zimbabwe Dollar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
this is not current but this happend to them because of super inflation

http://www.mashada.com/forums/maisha-ya-kenya/80603-1-us-dollar-4-672-634-610-zimbabwe-dollar.html

LOL i can go to africa with 1 dollar and it would be exchanged to 4billion dollars laughing out loud

Poor americans would be billionairs if they went there laughing

lil bitchiness
You must be really confused about inflation - you would not be rich with one dollar, seeing how the Zimbabwean money was worthless the goods have not magically become worthless too. Things still cost as expensive.

Let me put it in a perspective - you could not buy packet of cigarettes for 4 billion Zimbabwean Dollars in Zimbabwe.

I fail to see the humour in starving people.

Bardock42
He wouldn't be rich, he would however be a billionaire.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
You must be really confused about inflation - you would not be rich with one dollar, seeing how the Zimbabwean money was worthless the goods have not magically become worthless too. Things still cost as expensive.

Let me put it in a perspective - you could not buy packet of cigarettes for 4 billion Zimbabwean Dollars in Zimbabwe.

I fail to see the humour in starving people. Originally posted by Bardock42

Pwnage

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bardock42

True, he would be. Which is like being a billionaire in monopoly money or pieces of paper with a dollar sign on it.
He wouldn't be that special, since a lot of Zimbabweans were billionaires too.

Colossus-Big C
True, he would be. Which is like being a billionaire in monopoly money or pieces of paper with a dollar sign on it.
He wouldn't be that special, since a lot of Zimbabweans were billionaires too. what if you come to america with the 4billion dollars, and you change it to amercan money via a private bank owner who accidentaly gives you 4billion american dollars eek!

Wild Shadow
instead of buying Marlboro cigarettes why not just buy zembabwe cigs probably billions of dollars cheaper...

dadudemon
I guess certain people didn't "hear" about Zimbabweans buying things with wheelbarrels of money.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
what if you come to america with the 4billion dollars, and you change it to amercan money via a private bank owner who accidentaly gives you 4billion american dollars eek!

That would be very nice, yes. Especially if noone EVER noticed the mistake at any point and I got to keep the billions. Nice.

jaden101

I see it.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by jaden101
I see it.
lmao

But seriously, it is (theoretically?) possible to make money by converting one currency into another and waiting for the exchange rate to change i think?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
lmao

But seriously, it is (theoretically?) possible to make money by converting one currency into another and waiting for the exchange rate to change i think?

its also illegal in certain countries to do that iirc.... which i dont understand

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
its also illegal in certain countries to do that iirc.... which i dont understand That's the basis for many Ponzi schemes.

Wild Shadow
explain....... also why do they have tv commercials focusing on doing just that?

Robtard
I do fail to see how this is illegal. You're allowed to trade currency and you take a risk of losing money, probably more so than making money.

If you're thinking of buying Iraqi Dinars, beware, there are many scammers out there regarding this. My friend did it while he was in Iraq; he got his straight from the bank, so he's probably safe if the Iraqi Dinar ever appreciates.

§P0oONY
This is so old, hyper inflation in Zim has been going on for ages. They're on their 4th reincarnation of their Dollar now I believe. Hardly new thread worthy.

Bicnarok
And it used to be the "bread basket" of Africa. This is a country worth invading and sorting out, not places like Iraq.

Darth Jello
explain....... also why do they have tv commercials focusing on doing just that? It's more or less the original Ponzi scheme. You line up a whole bunch of investors and claim you can make ridiculously high returns in a short amount of time by investing their money in rapidly buying and selling foreign currency, taking advantage of conversion rates and market fluctuations...which you never intend to buy or sell.

The other scheme you can run like this is the mass shorting of a currency which not only rips off your investors but creates hyperinflation and situations like Zimbabwe now, Germany during the depression, etc.

Darth Jello

willRules

Liberator

Couldn't have said it better myself, good point.

Colossus-Big C
so i could of gone to africa with 1 dollar and get my 4billion dollars then wait untill the value went back up to 1us bill=1africa bill, then go to amerca with 4billion dollars!!
HOLYblowup

willRules
so i could of gone to africa with 1 dollar and get my 4billion dollars then wait untill the value went back up to 1us bill=1africa bill, then go to amerca with 4billion dollars!!
HOLYblowup

That's great in theory but what's more likely is that you'll be waiting longer than your lifetime.

But just in case, exchange a dollar over and hope that happens wink

Darth Jello
Under the current system, that would never happen.

WickedDynamite
this is not current but this happend to them because of super inflation

http://www.mashada.com/forums/maisha-ya-kenya/80603-1-us-dollar-4-672-634-610-zimbabwe-dollar.html

LOL i can go to africa with 1 dollar and it would be exchanged to 4billion dollars laughing out loud

Poor americans would be billionairs if they went there laughing

What's the point of been rich when there is nothing worth buying (i.e. Zimbabwe) ....

Wild Shadow
thx guys for that informative explanation and now i know and knowing is half the battle.....

One Free Man
It's the same reason that printing money for a stimulus package just takes us one step further towards zimbabwe's current condition.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by One Free Man
It's the same reason that printing money for a stimulus package just takes us one step further towards zimbabwe's current condition. Not quite. What your talking about is inflation. Hyperinflation only occurs when printing more money is combined with rising demand for that money because investors are short selling the currency, thus actively and very rapidly devaluing it. That's what happened in Germany and that's why Hitler was able to solve most of the financial crisis by closing the central bank.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Not quite. What your talking about is inflation. Hyperinflation only occurs when printing more money is combined with rising demand for that money because investors are short selling the currency, thus actively and very rapidly devaluing it. That's what happened in Germany and that's why Hitler was able to solve most of the financial crisis by closing the central bank. Well, the stimulus money did almost double the amount of money in the economy.

Darth Jello
Well, the stimulus money did almost double the amount of money in the economy. It's still nothing compared to what happened in the weimar republic. Do I need to explain short selling again?

Robtard
It's still nothing compared to what happened in the weimar republic. Do I need to explain short selling again?

For posterity's sake, one more time.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Robtard
For posterity's sake, one more time. Should I use the craps/don't pass metaphor or the fire insurance metaphor?

Robtard
Fire.

Darth Jello
settle down Beavis

Wild Shadow
any body want to help me buy acres of zimbabwe land? i could use some investors... i have some friends who would help work for free so long as we turn a profit within a few months to pay them, they would be willing to provide security while we look for rough diamonds... and if that doesnt work out we would have a small military unit in place im sure we could find a way to turn that into profit... big grin

Darth Jello
Short selling- Equivalent to betting on don't pass in craps or on buying fire insurance on your neighbors house.

A short seller borrows reserve financial product (stocks, bonds, currencies, etc.) from a broker. He then sells them to investors. If the price goes down (and it usually does because the mere presence of short sellers decreases value via panic selling and sellers often hire firms to dig up bad news to lower prices), the short seller buys back the product at the new, lower price and then returns the product. The broker loses, the investors lose, the company/country/fund loses, and the short seller makes big profit off of all of them at little cost to himself.

jaden101
any body want to help me buy acres of zimbabwe land? i could use some investors... i have some friends who would help work for free so long as we turn a profit within a few months to pay them, they would be willing to provide security while we look for rough diamonds... and if that doesnt work out we would have a small military unit in place im sure we could find a way to turn that into profit... big grin

Good luck trying that if you and your friends are white. There are now no white farmers in Zimbabwe because they were all forcibly removed from their land by the Mugabe regime to redistribute the land to black farmers. (Many of the black people that worked for the white land owners were also killed for trying to protect their jobs)

The problem is that very few of the people that the land was given to knew how to work and maintain the land and so the farming exports crashed and the economy crashed with it and resulting in the state the country is in now.

It's actually difficult to imagine just how devasted the Zimbabwian economy is...Inflation is running at 80 sextillion %...That's 10^21 or 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%

Compare that to the next highest which is Ethiopia at 41%

Robtard
Good luck trying that if you and your friends are white. There are now no white farmers in Zimbabwe because they were all forcibly removed from their land by the Mugabe regime to redistribute the land to black farmers. (Many of the black people that worked for the white land owners were also killed for trying to protect their jobs)

The problem is that very few of the people that the land was given to knew how to work and maintain the land and so the farming exports crashed and the economy crashed with it and resulting in the state the country is in now.

It's actually difficult to imagine just how devasted the Zimbabwian economy is...Inflation is running at 80 sextillion %...That's 10^21 or 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%

LoL, dumb bastards. They should have learned from Uganda's mistake when Idi Amin kicked out all the Asian and European business owners and the economic shit-storm followed.

Wild Shadow

i usually fill out all government forms as other or undisclosed but when i get them back they are usually filled as white... sad

but i cant pass as blk but i can pass as brown... big grin

besides i would have military security... secure the land. find a place with high water content and sell it to coca cola or pepsi bottling factory have them dry up the water lvls for the sodas and then sell it back to the country. cool

jaden101
i usually fill out all government forms as other or undisclosed but when i get them back they are usually filled as white... sad

besides i would have military security... secure the land. find a place with high water content and sell it to coca cola or pepsi bottling factory have them dry up the water lvls for the sodas and then sell it back to the country. cool

Looks to me like a sound business model. Go pitch it to your bank and let me know what they say.

Darth Jello
Looks to me like a sound business model. Go pitch it to your bank and let me know what they say. They're going to say "Well, dump some mercury in public reservoirs, make sure you're military has a minimal number of kills, start some fires just because, and dry **** no less than 5 orphans in the ass a year and you've got a deal."

Wild Shadow
they would want me to invest the majority of the money myself and or have it all in assets.... then they would loan me a small amount of what i asked but want triple the amount back and rights to the land ect ect... sad

also coca cola/pepsi would only buy and use the land so long as the international community didnt know that is how they do business,,, devil

also i hate making business plans i hate them... i hate them so much... wacko

jaden101
They're going to say "Well, dump some mercury in public reservoirs, make sure you're military has a minimal number of kills, start some fires just because, and dry **** no less than 5 orphans in the ass a year and you've got a deal."

You forgot the filming of the orphan ****ing to make marketable dvds.

You're business skills are slipping DJ.

I worry.

Darth Jello
Look, I'm trying to negotiate a planned armageddon with an alien race here. I don't have time for your mafia kiddie shit when I'm too busy making hybrids and trying to develop a vaccine to a virus that lives in oil.

jaden101
Look, I'm trying to negotiate a planned armageddon with an alien race here. I don't have time for your mafia kiddie shit when I'm too busy making hybrids and trying to develop a vaccine to a virus that lives in oil.

As you were then.

Darth Jello
Yeah, I'll send the bounty hunter to teach you a lesson.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/x-files/images/thumb/7/73/Bounty_hunter.jpg/180px-Bounty_hunter.jpg

jaden101
Yeah, I'll send the bounty hunter to teach you a lesson.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/x-files/images/thumb/7/73/Bounty_hunter.jpg/180px-Bounty_hunter.jpg

I play cards on a friday night with Boba Fett. Your man is going down hard...Boba Fett will sort him too.

One Free Man
I understand what short selling is, what obama did is still incredibly detrimental to the economy regardless of the fact that noone is short selling our currency.

Darth Jello
I understand what short selling is, what obama did is still incredibly detrimental to the economy regardless of the fact that noone is short selling our currency. The two stupidest things to do in a financial crisis.

1. Balance the budget

2. Do nothing

Unless of course you believe Herbert Hoover fixed the depression.

willRules
First thing they need to do is remove Mugabe. Secondly they need to replace him with someone who isn't Mugabe mark 2 yes

Wild Shadow
is mugabe actually sporting a hitler stach? erm

shiv
imo

countries in that region generate a significant proportion of GDP from land use.

Commercial Growers and Producers generally have to release equity from their title or at the very least use off-site premises and fixed assets as collateral to secure loans they need to cover their long term liquidity needs.

Without working capital it is not possible for a commercial grower/producer to do simple things, like pay an electric bill neccessary to operate an irrigation system or renew a comprehensive insurance policy on machinery/motors serviced by a local garage.

For obvious reasons Lenders don't deal with operators without deeds or collateral registered in their name

When a territory has good relations with the banks and a large un-unionised 'slave' labor force, costs of production are low. And profit Margins high. Currently China has the lowest cost of production in the industrialised world, thus its never been as productive as it is now.

I think future references to breadbasket should be accompanied with a reference to demand, without which there can be no sustained commercial production.
-return on investment without which there can be no investment.
-relatively insignificant cost of production which creates an attractive profit margin.
-and segregated tax dollars: subsidies and grants available to producers for lowering overhead.

wrto China: Once they get properly unionized -which won't happen anytime soon- They will cease to be the makers of the world as every designer relocates to Hellman province in Afghanistan

Okay maybe thats too extreme but sudan and somalia would be a good bet. the've got great sites for shipping ports and are close to the suez canal, with a large illiterate population which would probably like to stop shooting each other for five minutes and earn an honest buck

As Robtard mentioned When Uganda revised its legislation on Settlers deeds Its economy took a dive.

Inflation = Ugandan government taking on Indians in full on hth combat barely 2 decades after being given independence

Super Inflation = Zimbabwean government going toe to toe with whitey barely 2 decades after fighting for independence

imo anyway.

REXXXX

You aren't Zimbabwean, so that pretty much ruins your plan almost immediately. Not to mention that getting military security would pretty much give Mugabe reason to axe-murder you and everyone you know, because you're not going to be getting HIS military for that.

So, no.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by REXXXX
You aren't Zimbabwean, so that pretty much ruins your plan almost immediately. Not to mention that getting military security would pretty much give Mugabe reason to axe-murder you and everyone you know, because you're not going to be getting HIS military for that.

So, no. i have my own friends with military security training. i wouldn't need his, mind are probably better trained with a better mindset. stick out tongue

Ray Rubio
There is something similar going on in Venezuela,
but not at those rates, however if you go to Venezuela
and exchange 1000 dollars you will be able to live like
a millionaire for a week, seriously a friend of mine went
there and he rent a limousine for a dollar or so.

shiv
$400 = a chauffer driven private limo for a Year!

Im going.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.