Storm Shadow versus Batman...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Storm Shadow (GI Joe) versus Batman (TDK version). Batman is trying to apprehend SS, not kill him. SS doesn't give a **** and will just as soon kill Batman.

Storm Shadow has his twin swords, no guns. Batman has the Batsuit from TDK, and all his gadgets.

The fight takes place in an octagon style training arena, in the pouring down rain.

Durh to the death.

XanatosForever
I actually think Storm Shadow could pull out a pretty easy victory here. He had some rather insane showings.

Rogue Jedi
Batman had a few himself haermm

Quincy
he watched G.I. Joe

Rogue Jedi
Mhm. Then I rewatched TDK last night and realized this was a good matchup.

And for the record, I am leaning towards the Bat. Ninja on ninja, one in armor.

KingD19
G.I. Joe Ninjas>>>>>>>Batman-verse Ninjas.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, but what about Batman?

KingD19
Batman is a Batman-verse ninja with a kevlar body suit, gadgets, and billions of dollars. That's the only difference between him and the others. Well, he was a bit better than them, I remember him fighting 3 at once in the first movie.

Still, he doesn't compare to Storm Shadow.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Mhm. Then I rewatched TDK last night and realized this was a good matchup.

And for the record, I am leaning towards the Bat. Ninja on ninja, one in armor.

drylaugh

Originally posted by KingD19
Batman is a Batman-verse ninja with a kevlar body suit, gadgets, and billions of dollars. That's the only difference between him and the others. Well, he was a bit better than them, I remember him fighting 3 at once in the first movie.

Still, he doesn't compare to Storm Shadow.

agreed

XanatosForever
Yeah, Bats has some good feats, but the problem with TDK is its firmly rooted in reality, which means a lot of the more surreal, and thus higher tiered, feats that Storm Shadow can utilize thanks to his verse outshine the Bat feats...though if this were done in the comic forum, I'd say Bat-Kick ftw. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
drylaugh

agreed Aw, look at Bruce using smilies, who's a big boy?

Tell me, so you think Bat has no chance here?

KingD19
Just about every version of the ninja twins is over the top. In the original cartoon network GI Joe toon, Storn Shadow punched and kicked an Abrams a few times, and it fell apart.

And every cartoon/comic after that they've just been beastly. They were toned down a lot in the film, but they're still what random movie ninjas wish they could be.

Rogue Jedi
The way I see it, SS has gotta get a bit close to Batman to exploit the weaknesses in his armor. Batman will likely use his gauntlets to block, and those little star thingies that shoot from his wrist, and when he gets in close on SS, he'll bust him up.

IMO, thats all.

WickedDynamite
League of Assassins> G.I. Joe Ninjas

Thus Batman wins!

Rogue Jedi
This might help:

AlI9-3w7-qs

WickedDynamite
*does not help*

Batman still wins.

Rogue Jedi
I agree, I was just providing a visual.

WickedDynamite
I know you were...but you know me...always gotta go double kill.

Rogue Jedi
Gonna be fun to read the Storm Shadow supporters arguments here.

dadudemon
drylaugh

agreed

So, based on your response, it's safe to say that you are not a Batman fanboy?

And this whole time, you were being accused of one because of the Batman McClane thread..

The accusers have been pwned by you, I say.

However, I'm still a Preston fanboy. mad mad

Rogue Jedi
My turn crylaugh with a side of lulface

Nightstick
Not only does Baleman go down hard to movie Storm Shadow, but comic Bats would lose to comic Storm Shadow as well.

However Anthology Movie Batman would school movie Storm Shadow.

Rogue Jedi
Wait, you think Anthology Batman is a better fighter than Bale Batman?

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Nightstick
Not only does Baleman go down hard to movie Storm Shadow, but comic Bats would lose to comic Storm Shadow as well.

I don't think so...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
So, based on your response, it's safe to say that you are not a Batman fanboy?

And this whole time, you were being accused of one because of the Batman McClane thread..

The accusers have been pwned by you, I say.

However, I'm still a Preston fanboy. mad mad

oh no doubt about it I love Batman, have since I was 4 years old, but in this particular instance I don't see Bale Batman winning even though I could make a tremendous argument..

Yeah I also love Preston as well and i may be changing my name in May to coincide with someone returning

BruceSkywalker

However Anthology Movie Batman would school movie Storm Shadow.

Movie Bale may lose to Movie Storm Shadow , but I whole heartedly disagree with comic book Batman losing to comic book Storm Shadow, but we can debate that if someone makes a thread about it in the comic book v. forum

Rogue Jedi
Movie Bale may lose to Movie Storm Shadow , but I whole heartedly disagree with comic book Batman losing to comic book Storm Shadow, but we can debate that if someone makes a thread about it in the comic book v. forum Hey, you know me, I dislike Batman as much as you like him, so for me to have the opinion that he beats SS, well, that's saying something.

XanatosForever
Movie Bale may lose to Movie Storm Shadow , but I whole heartedly disagree with comic book Batman losing to comic book Storm Shadow, but we can debate that if someone makes a thread about it in the comic book v. forum

I'll just leave this here. stick out tongue

Nightstick
Wait, you think Anthology Batman is a better fighter than Bale Batman?

Its not a matter of think. Anthology Batman blocks bullets, punches threw metal, head butts threw aicraft glass, can lay out half a dozen machine gun armed men standing in front of him in a straight fight, walks off plane crashes, doesn't rely to heavily on a single method of fighting et etc. In other words he is faster, stronger, tougher and a better/more versital fighter.

In a word Yes. He is better. Frankly Anthology Robin would have a good chance at taking out Baleman.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Nightstick
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
I don't think so...

While it has no effect on the validity of what I said you are entitled to your opinion.

Nightstick
haermm

Laugh all you want Rogue or present some evidence in favor of Baleman. Either in this thread or start another if you feel the inclination.

Robtard
From a feats perspective, Nightstick is correct. Even though I've argued otherwise simply because I much prefer the less comic/fantasy approach the reboot takes.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I'll just leave this here. stick out tongue

i gave a thumbs up in the thread..

Rogue Jedi
Laugh all you want Rogue or present some evidence in favor of Baleman. Either in this thread or start another if you feel the inclination. Pretty much the entire TDK movie.

Robtard
Pretty much the entire TDK movie.

Doesn't compare to the fighting comic-cheese that Batman laid in movies 1-4. Keaton's a vicious slugger, Kilmer's a Kung Fu bad-ass and Clooney likes young men in tights.

Rogue Jedi
Still enough to take out SS.

Robtard
Still enough to take out SS.

Storm Shadow would work Bale-Batman, just as Snake Eyes would.

Rogue Jedi
SS looked gay, who wears all white?

Robtard
SS looked gay, who wears all white?

Elvis.

Tom Jones.

John Preston.

Some cultures wear all white to funerals.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Elvis.

John Preston.

Some cultures wear all white to funerals.

Elvis died on the toilet.

Preston was in his dress uniform.

SS never went to a funeral.

Robtard
Elvis died on the toilet.

Every King needs his throne.

Rogue Jedi
I call it the super bowl.

Robtard
I call it the super bowl.

For your fat-ass, it needs to be SUPER. Oh, zing!

Robtard

SS never went to a funeral.

He's prepared to go though, after he cuts off Batman's head.

Rogue Jedi
I cant see SS exploiting Bat's armor before Batman wrecks him h2h.

Robtard
I cant see SS exploiting Bat's armor before Batman wrecks him h2h.

You insane? Asian can throw multiple throwing stars with pinpoint precision. The open face and even the joints would be easy targets for Storm Shadow.

Rogue Jedi
You insane? Asian can throw multiple throwing stars with pinpoint precision. The open face and even the joints would be easy targets for Storm Shadow. Um......I thought I was clear that he has only his sword. I said no guns, guess I forgot to omit the stars.

Robtard
Um......I thought I was clear that he has only his sword. I said no guns, guess I forgot to omit the stars.

Doesn't change the outcome.

Rogue Jedi
Matter of opinion, Batman is a better h2h combatant.

Robtard

That's not going t serve him when he has a sword through the face.

Rogue Jedi
And none of Batmans weaponry works here? Batarangs, the projectile weapons on his gauntlets?

Robtard
And none of Batmans weaponry works here? Batarangs, the projectile weapons on his gauntlets?

They do. Still isn't going to stop him from eating steel.

Do you think Snake Eyes could beat Batman in this same scenario?

WickedDynamite

...and the Batmobile.

Bats FTW

Rogue Jedi
They do. Still isn't going to stop him from eating steel.

Do you think Snake Eyes could beat Batman in this same scenario?

SS rushes in to decap Batman, Batman triggers his wrist gauntlet knives, I dont see SS blocking them. And if he dodges, thats the distraction Batman needs to go CQC on his emo ass.

I think SE would have to go with his Tonfas to do in Batman.

Robtard
SS rushes in to decap Batman, Batman triggers his wrist gauntlet knives, I dont see SS blocking them. And if he dodges, thats the distraction Batman needs to go CQC on his emo ass.

I think SE would have to go with his Tonfas to do in Batman.

You're scripting.

Here, let me put it in a language you can easily understand. Storm Shadow = "magic spells!".

Snake Eyes could be Batman with his his closed. Remember, this is based on movie feats, not which movie was great and which movie sucked ass.

Rogue Jedi
You're scripting.

Here, let me put it in a language you can easily understand. Storm Shadow = "magic spells!".

Snake Eyes could be Batman with his his closed. Remember, this is based on movie feats, not which movie was great and which movie sucked ass. See, I see nothing wrong with "scripting." It's merely a more detailed way of showing how a fight can possibly go. It's like if I say "Hey, Preston can do Gun kata on Wesley Gibson", then you say "Nah, Gibson can shoot bullets out of the air", then me saying "Gibson cannot shoot rapid fire gunfire out of the air."

Same thing.

Nightstick
Pretty much the entire TDK movie.

So in TDK he blocked bullets? Odd I don't remember that and in TDK he punched threw metal? Odd don't remember that either. Wait you mean he walked off plane wrecks? No actually I don't remember that either. Oh know i've got it you mean he used more then basic KFM in his fights, no that didn't happen either. Nor did he take groups of armed men head on.

So, what part of TDK are you referencing as feats/evidence. I'm assuming none as you didn't post any before and likely have none to post period.

Nightstick

In what way? The actor playing Storm Shadow. Was far more technicaly proficient in terms of moves and the execuction their of and while the choreography in G.I Joe left something to be desired it was still watchable unlike the crap in TDK. Further it not like Baleman met with greater success in melee combat.

So while skill is some what subjective. I ask again how was Baleman a better h2h combatant? He was not as techinaley proficient/trained nor was he more succesfull in regards to fighting h2h.

Rogue Jedi
So in TDK he blocked bullets? Odd I don't remember that and in TDK he punched threw metal? Odd don't remember that either. Wait you mean he walked off plane wrecks? No actually I don't remember that either. Oh know i've got it you mean he used more then basic KFM in his fights, no that didn't happen either. Nor did he take groups of armed men head on.

So, what part of TDK are you referencing as feats/evidence. I'm assuming none as you didn't post any before and likely have none to post period. I referred to the TDK version only because of the armor, Batman is faster and can move easier than in BB. I seriously doubt that his fighting skills somehow deteriorated in the time period between BB and TDK.

Point being, in BB, yes, he took on ninja after ninja and pwned them all.

But since I referred to TDK Batman, I guess I can't use BB feats. Even though it stands to reason that anything he did in BB he can do even better in TDK.

He did take on the accountants men head on in TDK, and the thugs in the nightclub.

*giggles inside, DDM'll know why*

Rogue Jedi
In what way? The actor playing Storm Shadow. Was far more technicaly proficient in terms of moves and the execuction their of and while the choreography in G.I Joe left something to be desired it was still watchable unlike the crap in TDK. Further it not like Baleman met with greater success in melee combat.

So while skill is some what subjective. I ask again how was Baleman a better h2h combatant? He was not as techinaley proficient/trained nor was he more succesfull in regards to fighting h2h. See my above post.

Nightstick
I referred to the TDK version only because of the armor, Batman is faster and can move easier than in BB. I seriously doubt that his fighting skills somehow deteriorated in the time period between BB and TDK.

I would suspect his fighting ability to have increased between the films. Not that it matters much because as Anthology Bats still has him beat in the skill department. Capable of incorperate multiple styles and forms into a single encounter and proven to be more effect in a straight fight with large groups.

His suit may allow for better speed in TDk then in BB, but he has still not demonstrated the reaction time needed to block bullets after they are fired.

Point being, in BB, yes, he took on ninja after ninja and pwned them all.

The most I recall him squaring off with in a head on fight was 3. Anthology Batman can win a head on fight with six guys all pointing submachine guns at him.

But since I referred to TDK Batman, I guess I can't use BB feats. Even though it stands to reason that anything he did in BB he can do even better in TDK.

What are you talking about, of course you can use. Batman Begins feats. Its the same bloody character.

He did take on the accountants men head on in TDK, and the thugs in the nightclub.

*giggles inside, DDM'll know why*

Didn't he cut the lights and ambush the accountents men. Thugs in the nightclub? Remind me what scene you are refering to?

Rogue Jedi
I would suspect his fighting ability to have increased between the films. Not that it matters much because as Anthology Bats still has him beat in the skill department. Capable of incorperate multiple styles and forms into a single encounter and proven to be more effect in a straight fight with large groups.

His suit may allow for better speed in TDk then in BB, but he has still not demonstrated the reaction time needed to block bullets after they are fired.

The most I recall him squaring off with in a head on fight was 3. Anthology Batman can win a head on fight with six guys all pointing submachine guns at him.

What are you talking about, of course you can use. Batman Begins feats. Its the same bloody character.

Didn't he cut the lights and ambush the accountents men. Thugs in the nightclub? Remind me what scene you are refering to?

Why are we discussing Anthology Batman and blocking bullets?

Yeah, six guys who were, from what I remember, absolute shit.

Good.

Yeah. The nightclub scene where he apprehends Eric Roberts.

KingD19
If you look at the Batman fight scenes, then look at Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes take down random goons, and fight each other, it's clear they're out of Batman's league in the speed/skill department.

And dogs bit through Batman's armor in TDK, I doubt SS will have trouble getting through it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
If you look at the Batman fight scenes, then look at Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes take down random goons, and fight each other, it's clear they're out of Batman's league in the speed/skill department.

And dogs bit through Batman's armor in TDK, I doubt SS will have trouble getting through it. Skill is debatable, as is speed.

The dog bit through the arm.

KingD19
Compared with how he fought, I don't think there's any debate, SS has him beat.

And if dog teeth can get through the arm, a sword can.

Rogue Jedi
Also, Duke totally had the drop on SS, if the Baroness hadn't intervened, Duke would have gunned him down.

Nightstick
Why are we discussing Anthology Batman and blocking bullets?

Well. Because we have gotten off on a discusion of Anthology Batman vs Baleman. So its seems pertinent to that conversation that Anthology Batman blocks bullets. Meaning he is way faster then Baleman in terms of reaction time.

Yeah, six guys who were, from what I remember, absolute shit.

No worse then the gun toting goons, that Baleman has to sneak around to take out.

Yeah. The nightclub scene where he apprehends Eric Roberts.

Was this in TDK or Begins?

Rogue Jedi
Well. Because we have gotten off on a discusion of Anthology Batman vs Baleman. So its seems pertinent to that conversation that Anthology Batman blocks bullets. Meaning he is way faster then Baleman in terms of reaction time.

No worse then the gun toting goons, that Baleman has to sneak around to take out.

Was this in TDK or Begins? Forgive me, its been ages, when did he block bullets?

TDK.

Nightstick
Forgive me, its been ages, when did he block bullets?

TDK.

Chemical plant fight against Joker

Crap, I guess I am going to have to watch TDK again.

Rogue Jedi
Chemical plant fight against Joker

Crap, I guess I am going to have to watch TDK again. Remember when he enters the nightclub and takes on Eric Roberts's goons? Then he drops him to the street?

I dont remember that scene, youtube?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.