Beelzebub

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

That ACDC Chick

dadudemon
I read all the way up through the last chapter.

This last chapter was awesome.

BTW, this manga is full of hilarious moments. For instance, the second-to-main character, Furuchi (or something) is always getting zinged. For a few times, he gets zinged so hard that the next panel shows him doing the "Platoon" scene where is arms are raised in the air. The first time I saw that, I laughed really damn hard.

This last chapter ends in a "WTF" moment with Oga, the main character, holding a giant dude by his ankles like he's a feather. I know we've seen super strength before, but these guys are generally around human levels.

If you get bored, read up to the current chapter. Sometimes, it gets slow and boring. Other times, it's hilarious.

danteiscool
yeah I agree with you, dadudemon. I've read the most recent when it came out and I gotta say that this series is really interesting. I honestly wasn't expecting to like it when I first started reading, but it quickly grew on me. Oga is cool dude.

dadudemon
Originally posted by danteiscool
yeah I agree with you, dadudemon. I've read the most recent when it came out and I gotta say that this series is really interesting. I honestly wasn't expecting to like it when I first started reading, but it quickly grew on me. Oga is cool dude.

There are few Manga characters that remain badass the whole series. Usually, they become "sentimental" and lose their badass flavor with mushy plots or speeches about love or devotion to their "team". Everytime you think Oga is doing something out of "love" or something for the other characters, he says something to take attention away from that like, "I just want to kick your ass." Of course, we know that he cares about the people around him, but the author does a good job of keeping it from getting too mushy like a lot of Shounen authors do, and redirects the attention back on Oga's badassery.

danteiscool
yeah I've noticed that too. all the readers can see that he does care for his friends, but does so in his own way, which really sets him apart from other shonen protagonists like Naruto and Ichigo.

That ACDC Chick
didn't read this manga for a long time an i just recently got caught up on it. it's still as great as when it first began
even though i didn't really like the volleyball tournament chapters too much. thought they were pretty boring with the lack of awesome fights
the video game chapters were pretty awesome as well as Oga and Baby Beel chasing Nega Beel XD
i haven't watched a lot of the anime, but what i've seen has convinced me it's as great as the manga. one of the few animes that are

Stealth
Lol, I love this manga. It's proportions of both kickassery & capricious comedy make me estatic to read it every week. : )

dadudemon
http://www.mangareader.net/beelzebub/131/17

http://www.mangareader.net/beelzebub/131/18

Those two pages are so AWESOME! Every shounen manga has the bad guys introducing themselves and setting up the "tension" that is sure to follow in the long drawn out fight and then BAM...the protagonist WTF PWNs one right in the face and tells them to shut the hell up because he won't remember them anyway.

THIS, my friends, is what I enjoy about this manga. I really like it when the main character runs through and WTF PWNs the bad guys, every now and again. It is part of why I like the following manga: Berserk, Bleach (when he rescued Rukia and was WTF pwning everyone), Dragonbal Z (when Trunks WTF pwned everyone when he first appeared), and some other stuff I am forgetting.

AsbestosFlaygon
Bleach is meh.

Last chapter I read was when Aizen got banished or imprisoned or something.

Beelzebub is lol.

dadudemon
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Beelzebub is lol.

Indeed.

Beelzebub is one of those rare manga where the main character DOES kick everyone's a$$. And he does it with style. Some people have whined to be about needing there to be opposition. Well, sometimes he sees people tougher than him. Then he trains his butt off...then kicks their a$$.

danteiscool
no kidding. after he had trained, I knew he'd have an easier time winning, but Oga is just kicking all kinds of a$$ now without even trying.

dadudemon
Dude...this last chapter was awesome.

http://read.homeunix.com/onlinereading/?image=Beelzebub/Beelzebub%20c153/Beelzebub153_24_RHS.png&server=nas.html

Did not expect that. Beelzebub is not super-powered like Dragonball...but it is getting there as the power-creeps up to new levels.

danteiscool
hell, I think in this last chapter, Oga has surprassed pretty much everyone else in the series except for Tojo, this Aiba guy and the old dude (forgot his name. he's the guy that trained Oga). this is of course also exlcuding the characters yet to be seen in action too.

Martha71
I personaly dont see it but my friend Guss hates him for it.http://www.hergoods.info/avatar4.jpg

dadudemon
I'm liking these latest chapters. Something about these flashbacks are very entertaining. Can't quite put my finger on it...what is it?

Also, I don't want Furuichi to get powered up...well, I'm okay with it as long as he doesn't overshadow Oga.

danteiscool
personally, I think it's cool now that Furuichi may potentially get stronger. I kinda felt sorry for him what with all the insults and all that stuff. but I'm with you on the not-suprassing-Oga part.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.