Achilles (DC) VS gorgon(marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soljaboys
achilles gets his spear and gorgon gets his katana and no stone stare for gorgon who wins

Q99
Massive stomp for Achilles. Way stronger than Gorgon.

Colossus-Big C
how strong is he?

Q99
Wonder Woman strong, and a tough fight for her in melee (in part due to his 'grace' ability, that lets him move as if he knew what blows were coming). He also has Athena's spear. It'd probably just break Gorgon's katana.

tideoftime
While Achilles isn't *quite* as strong/empowered as Diana (as readily indicated in their battles; I'd put him physically, overall, at Donna's level, except he is relatively unkillable, unlike Diana/Donna), he certainly has a great degree of strength, moreso than most other "typical" super-strong characters. And his skill/divine grace would give him a big edge over Gorgon, even if Gorgon had his gaze.

Achilles should stomp.

manx422
Achilles

Q99
Originally posted by tideoftime
While Achilles isn't *quite* as strong/empowered as Diana (as readily indicated in their battles; I'd put him physically, overall, at Donna's level, except he is relatively unkillable, unlike Diana/Donna), he certainly has a great degree of strength, moreso than most other "typical" super-strong characters. And his skill/divine grace would give him a big edge over Gorgon, even if Gorgon had his gaze.

Achilles should stomp.

I think he's probably around as strong as Diana, he was made via similar means after all, but he doesn't have her experience and level of hand to hand ability.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Q99
I think he's probably around as strong as Diana, he was made via similar means after all, but he doesn't have her experience and level of hand to hand ability.

I can understand where you're coming from, but Achilles doesn't have the range of endowments that Diana does (as his source of power/blessing is "only" from Zeus using the heart of a god, where Diana was formed from a similar mystic "material" and 6 gods imbuing her with a small portion of each of their essences -- not downplaying the god-heart, or Zeus' blessing, just saying it doesn't equate across the board); I think it's clear she's stronger and faster, but his specific powers are different from hers in a couple important ways that *do* make him a viable (if still "inferior"wink opponent/ally for her, namely his divine grace and (presumed) ability to revive from most fatal wounds/attacks, though obviously we need to see more about the extent of this, and of course he will no doubt demonstrate at least a couple other undisclosed "talents" in the future...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.