Hancock: racism?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

One Free Man
African Americans are "MAD CAUSE HANCOCK WAS A DRUNK AND BLACK AND THE WHITE MILF HAD EVERYTHING GOING HUNKY DORY!!! RACISM!!"

I would post an article, but the people crying racism are illiterate and the white people have a monopoly on reading and writing because they are racist. They also won't let any black people in the news. Even when we wanted a black man to be president, we had to compromise and put a half honky on the throne. Stupid white honkies. mad

I am not saying all sambo's are illiterate, just the ones that would find something this ridiculous to whine about. And yes, I see the irony in adding a disclaimer to excuse myself from racism and then calling african american black negros of color sambos

REXXXX
...what? Hancock has been out for awhile, why is this still an issue? The role would have been the same if Tom Cruise had played Hancock instead of Will Smith.

Rogue Jedi
Hancock was drunk all the time because he was depressed about not knowing who he was.

One Free Man
Originally posted by REXXXX
...what? Hancock This has been out for awhile, why is this still an issue?

REXXXX

King Kandy
Um... why is this suddenly an issue long after anybody is watching the movie?

One Free Man
Originally posted by King Kandy
Um... why is this suddenly an issue long after anybody is watching the movie?

One Free Man
Also, to more aptly answer your question, the minority of African American black negro people of color who are allowed to watch movies finally got this in their 1 movie-every-six-month privilege netflix account, and after watching it in the slavery hut, are now enraged at our racism.

Rogue Jedi
I feel like eating some watermelon.

chomperx9
its only racist because they want it to be racist . come on the movie was hilarious and was a film for anyone of a mature age to watch no matter the race.

One Free Man
Originally posted by chomperx9
its only racist because they want it to be racist . come on the movie was hilarious and was a film for anyone of a mature age to watch no matter the race. Damn the honkies for keeping us African American black negro people of color under with stupid ideas like attempts at equal rights and welfare, black presidents, celebrities, and governors, and hate-crime laws. KILL WHITEY!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by One Free Man
Damn the honkies for keeping us African American black negro people of color under with stupid ideas like attempts at equal rights and welfare, black presidents, celebrities, and governors, and hate-crime laws. KILL WHITEY! *distracts you by throwing you a basketball*

One Free Man
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
*distracts you by throwing you a basketball* You racist ****!! you expect us African American black negro people of color to play basketball simply because you say so, honky? No... We are going to be strong and stand up for our right-- Oh look, chicken!

chomperx9
You racist ****!! you expect us African American black negro people of color to play basketball simply because you say so, honky? No... We are going to be strong and stand up for our right-- Oh look, chicken! im starting to think your white your just pretending to be black.

One Free Man
im starting to think your white your just pretending to be black. http://www.comedymax.com/CD%20Cover%20No%20Shit%20Sherlock
What do you think I was doing, parodying in a satirical and oh-so-humerous way the political views of myself? damn, boy, you are one smart cookie.

Rogue Jedi
Go pick some cotton, Jiggaboo.

One Free Man
Go pick some cotton, Jiggaboo. that's not a slave job anymore. Now the white man has got me eating their junk food for them and watching their movies for a critique on how racist they are regardless of how lightly they tiptoe over our toes.

Rogue Jedi
that's not a slave job anymore. Now the white man has got me eating their junk food for them and watching their movies for a critique on how racist they are regardless of how lightly they tiptoe over our toes. I have jungle fever.

One Free Man
ARE YOU SAYING ALL OF US AFRICAN AMERICAN BLACK NEGRO PEOPLE OF COLOR ARE FROM THE JUNGLE? cause there are some of us from the Savannah.

Rogue Jedi
No, I am saying I like the black poon.

One Free Man
oohhhh. not me. it just doesn't hit me there.

Rogue Jedi
To each their own.

Rapidash
African Americans are "MAD CAUSE HANCOCK WAS A DRUNK AND BLACK AND THE WHITE MILF HAD EVERYTHING GOING HUNKY DORY!!! RACISM!!"

If it really was intended to be racism, I am not sure they would make the black guy selfless and the hero they all want him to be towards the end.

Shame on the creators for making the black guy a symbol of heroism and virtue. Shame on them.

They find racism because they look for it. Hate me for saying this, but black people are at times ridiculously oversensitive. The whole racism topic is often just ridiculous.

A question that should be asked is if the thought would even cross their mind if Hancock was white, or Asian. Perhaps then the point of argument would be "Why were there no black people?"

Even reacting to something as silly as this makes you wonder if some black people are actually offended by this, or if they just want to be victims.

I will not pretend to be an expert on racism or people. I am not. I am just saying, that if you look for racism, you might find it even if it is not there.

But when it comes to Hancock, why are black people even complaining? He was an awesome character from start to finish. The fact that he was a drunk was an amazing touch, because it showed that even superheroes are vulnerable. Then again, there is probably some black guy out there reading this and thinking "VULNERABLE? HANCOCK? RACISM!"

Rogue Jedi
Most powerful being alive is black.....racism?

Rapidash
Exactly. Bulletproof, superfast, flight, superstrength, lonely because of immortality, fond in alcohol and BLACK. Poor guy. When will society stop mistreating the black people?

Dread not, though. I can happily be Hancock in his place, ease the weight of the shoulders of the black people.

Funny though. The amount of white drunks in movies are overwhelming. One black, drunk superhero comes about and it is racism.

Bardock42
Most powerful being alive is black.....racism?

Second most powerful. And I think it's more that the black hero is also a lazy alcoholic.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rapidash
Exactly. Bulletproof, superfast, flight, superstrength, lonely because of immortality, fond in alcohol and BLACK. Poor guy. When will society stop mistreating the black people?

Dread not, though. I can happily be Hancock in his place, ease the weight of the shoulders of the black people.

Funny though. The amount of white drunks in movies are overwhelming. One black, drunk superhero comes about and it is racism.

How many black superheroes in movies can you think of? How many of the white heroes in superhero movies are alcoholic? How many of the blacks?

Rapidash
Originally posted by Bardock42
Second most powerful. And I think it's more that the black hero is also a lazy alcoholic.

With reason. It was his history that made him a lazy drunk, it was not like he just ended up that way. To claim racism is in my eyes just to exert ignorance in this case. Him being white had not made him any less a drunk, since he was what he was because of what he had been through and not for nothing.

Bardock42
With reason. It was his history that made him a lazy drunk, it was not like he just ended up that way. To claim racism is in my eyes just to exert ignorance in this case. Him being white had not made him any less a drunk, since he was what he was because of what he had been through and not for nothing.

I am not saying that it didn't make sense, why he was that way. That doesn't really change the fact that he is one of the few black superheroes and he is one that embodies a racist stereotype on top of it.

Rapidash
How many black superheroes in movies can you think of? How many of the white heroes in superhero movies are alcoholic? How many of the blacks?

True enough.

Is Catwoman considered black? Steel was black.

When it comes to alcoholic, I can only think of Hancock and Edward Blake.

Bicnarok
The problem is there are too many black folk with a chip on their shoulder just because their ancestors used to be slaves, their nearest relatives still slaughter each other in barbaric fashion and shag monkey to produce aids.

Was that racistsmile

Bardock42
True enough.

Is Catwoman considered black? Steel was black.

When it comes to alcoholic, I can only think of Hancock and Edward Blake.

I personally actually don't think it is racist, definitely not intentionally, I can just understand how it is a somewhat unfavourable stereotype, on the other hand at least it is another movie with a minority (minorities other than black are really, really underrepresented, at least blacks have Hancock, Blade, Steel, Spawn kinda, Catwoman and Storm). I also think the real problem is that he is shown as a lazy, somewhat ****-up, kind of superhero, alcoholism is in something that at least some superheroes battle with, but they are generally top of the line overachievers anyways. (case in point, Iron Man and the Comedian).

Bardock42
Originally posted by Bicnarok
The problem is there are too many black folk with a chip on their shoulder just because their ancestors used to be slaves, their nearest relatives still slaughter each other in barbaric fashion and shag monkey to produce aids.

Was that racistsmile

Yeah, I think that fits the definition spot on.

KingD19
*Walks in playing blue guitar*

Bardock42
Originally posted by KingD19
*Walks in playing blue guitar*

http://www.festivalaustralia.com.au/images/graphics/blue_guitar.jpg

?

WickedDynamite

I would post an article, but the people crying racism are illiterate and the white people have a monopoly on reading and writing because they are racist. They also won't let any black people in the news. Even when we wanted a black man to be president, we had to compromise and put a half honky on the throne. Stupid white honkies. mad

I am not saying all sambo's are illiterate, just the ones that would find something this ridiculous to whine about. And yes, I see the irony in adding a disclaimer to excuse myself from racism and then calling african american black negros of color sambos

Controversial? yes...

Racist? don't think so...

King Kandy

That's not "suddenly" become an issue, it's consistently been an issue for all of US history. Whereas, even when Hancock first came out I never heard any complaints.

Symmetric Chaos

Considering that you love to make these threads and never both to post evidence that people are actually making these complaints I can only assume that you're just a particularly bitchy conservative.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Considering that you love to make these threads and never both to post evidence that people are actually making these complaints I can only assume that you're just a particularly bitchy conservative. Or just ****ing with the fact that every thread in this god damn forum is "Lol look at the black people crying racism, wtf?"

And, my dear friend, if you had read that post, you would have seen my explanation. embarrasment

KingD19
As a black person, I think members of my race are trying to milk the racism thing for whatever worth it has left. Really, it was a few hundred years ago, and white people got the slavery idea from us, since african tribal lords would have thier own slaves. Granted you honkies took it a bit far with the harsh conditions and beatings, but hey, what's done is done. lol

Rapidash
As a black person, I think members of my race are trying to milk the racism thing for whatever worth it has left. Really, it was a few hundred years ago, and white people got the slavery idea from us, since african tribal lords would have thier own slaves. Granted you honkies took it a bit far with the harsh conditions and beatings, but hey, what's done is done. lol

I can not quite place my finger on it, but there is something bothersome with this post.

KingD19
Is the fact that I called you honkies honkies?? IS THAT IT HONKY???

jaden101
Or just ****ing with the fact that every thread in this god damn forum is "Lol look at the black people crying racism, wtf?"

There's 4 on the 1st page...2 of them made by you.

Wild Shadow
and why did the black man hero have to be chasing a white woman? why couldnt he bn chasing a fellow black woman? racism!!! trying to say all blk men chase white women.

why couldnt she have bn brown? puertorican/mexican/cuban we all know that is the preferred race blk men chase..

Wei Phoenix
I love how everyone is going along with the belief that Black people think Hancock had racism in it when there's no source or link to this claim just one guy saying that black people were offended. Let's look at the facts. He's a black superhuman, he banged a white chick for years, he was funny and bad ass, he became a great hero and an icon. There's nothing for even sensitive black people to get offended by so I'm calling bullshit on this whole claim.

KingD19
YOu tell em Wei...you honky you.

Rapidash
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I love how everyone is going along with the belief that Black people think Hancock had racism in it when there's no source or link to this claim just one guy saying that black people were offended. Let's look at the facts. He's a black superhuman, he banged a white chick for years, he was funny and bad ass, he became a great hero and an icon. There's nothing for even sensitive black people to get offended by so I'm calling bullshit on this whole claim.

Men want to be Hancock, women want to be with Hancock. Poor victim of racism, he has my sympathies.

KingD19
Men want to be Hancock, women want to be with Hancock. White guys with hooks for hands want to kill Hancock.Poor victim of racism, he has my sympathies.

Fixed it for you.

Wild Shadow
what i want to know why isnt there a mexican superhero movie? racism in hollywood!!! where is the mexican superman!!!

KingD19
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
where is the mexican superman!!!

Robot Chicken had a Mexican Bionic Man, he was known as the 6,000,000 peso man.

And Family Guy had Mexican Batman, Superman, and about 20 other heroes.

Wild Shadow
that was not funny... miffed

they were made as a racist joke intend on hurting the minority group calling them lazy and poor mad

seriously.... they had the mexican JLA as squatters hiding from the land lord

BruceSkywalker

where exactly are the links to the story???

Hancock came out july 2, 2008, been on starz, hbo, cinemax constantly and now all of a sudden people are crying and complaining about it..puh lease.. if true those people should have done this a long time ago

Ms.Marvel
i love how no one ****ing understands that this is a joke thread. no expression

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

Yeah, I am sure no one understand that. It's not like the thread starter said it on the last page, afterall.

dadudemon
what i want to know why isnt there a mexican superhero movie? racism in hollywood!!! where is the mexican superman!!!

Zorro.

no expression

Everyone but like 2 or 3 thinks this is a joke thread. erm

Bardock42
We should also note that just because the thread starter made a joke along the line, the underlying topic isn't necessarily not worthwhile to be discussed.

Wild Shadow
zorro cant fly.. and also the dip wasnt mexican he was a spaniard land owner who fought for the mexicans makes it even worse.. its just like the avatar savior reference as if we need another white man to save the indigenious ppl

Rogue Jedi
what i want to know why isnt there a mexican superhero movie? racism in hollywood!!! where is the mexican superman!!! Because what kind of image does a superhero who steal hubcaps set off?

Symmetric Chaos
zorro cant fly.. and also the dip wasnt mexican he was a spaniard land owner who fought for the mexicans makes it even worse.. its just like the avatar savior reference as if we need another white man to save the indigenious ppl

Darwin from the X-men is half-latino and half-black.

There's also El Bulbo! http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/e/elbulbo.htm

Mindship
Yes, Hancock is racist. It depicts yet another white guy as soft and physically incapable of high-calibre action.

Rapidash

Does not make the topic less discussable.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Darwin from the X-men is half-latino and half-black.

There's also El Bulbo! http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/e/elbulbo.htm

is it just me or is their blatant racism against mexicans in hollywood?

i mean why wasnt zorro played by a mexican instead of antonio banderas who is spaniard by the way...

also in desperado again a mexican role given to a spaniard a white man... confused

also a lot of the mexican heroes seems to be offensive and stereotype of what some ppl think a mexican should look and act like...

Bardock42
is it just me or is their blatant racism against mexicans in hollywood?

i mean why wasnt zorro played by a mexican instead of antonio banderas who is spaniard by the way...

Well, you said it yourself, Zorro is a spanish noble, not a Mexican.

Wild Shadow
well when they modernized the movie the second zorro was suppose to be a mexican who moved up a class by marriage to his Spaniard wife.

so zorro was suppose to be mexican but he was played by a spaniard

Bardock42
well when they modernized the movie the second zorro was suppose to be a mexican who moved up a class by marriage to his Spaniard wife.

so zorro was suppose to be mexican but he was played by a spaniard

Oh right ... well, Antonio Banderas is still cool.

Wild Shadow
........and white. erm

i want a mexican superman played by an actual hispanic... maybe played by charlie sheen or freedie prince jr... Emilio estevez

so sad when you have to hide ur ethnicity just to get work

KingD19
The Cortez family in the Spy Kids movies.

Wild Shadow
The Cortez family in the Spy Kids movies.

what about them?

and also why isnt their any good looking latin/hispanic leading men in hollywood?

Bardock42
........and white. erm

i want a mexican superman played by an actual hispanic... maybe played by charlie sheen or freedie prince jr... Emilio estevez

so sad when you have to hide ur ethnicity just to get work

Please, Antonio Banderas is as white as or less than Freddie Prinze Jr. and Charlie Sheen...looks less white though.

dadudemon

One Free Man

Wild Shadow
seriesly? thats ur list of what u consider good looking latin/hispanic hollywood leading men?

One Free Man

I am not saying all sambo's are illiterate, just the ones that would find something this ridiculous to whine about. And yes, I see the irony in adding a disclaimer to excuse myself from racism and then calling african american black negros of color sambos LIke this isn't a big ****ing tip-off. making fun of the political correctness of the term african american and/or black.

dadudemon
seriesly? thats ur list of what u consider good looking latin/hispanic hollywood leading men?

Obviously, because I made that list.

Wild Shadow
most if not all of them are obscure actors with no leading roles under their belt... also not even half are good looking and the other half are women.. sad

the only cool one was the dude from the WB show with the demons and whatnot and even he isnt leading cast material

inimalist

indeed, lets joke about people being offended by potentially racist undertones by being totally abbrasive and insulting to them

because a multi-cultural society that appreciates diversity is all about this. Lets also not mention that these are the same people who are offended by affirmative action.

White racial issues - valid
non-white racial issues - invalid because they make no sense to white people

Wild Shadow
i knew this was just a joke thread which is why im being a smart@$$ and lobbying for a mexican superman like movie hero

One Free Man
Originally posted by inimalist
indeed, lets joke about people being offended by potentially racist undertones by being totally abbrasive and insulting to them

because a multi-cultural society that appreciates diversity is all about this. Lets also not mention that these are the same people who are offended by affirmative action.

White racial issues - valid
non-white racial issues - invalid because they make no sense to white people Nooo racial issues with movies that are just movies and aren't intended to have supremacist values because the blacks are too sensetive, such as avatar.

Try, oh please, try and keep up.

One Free Man
i knew this was just a joke thread which is why im being a smart@$$ and lobbying for a mexican superman like movie hero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqHEJz_JDmY

inimalist
Nooo racial issues with movies that are just movies and aren't intended to have supremacist values because the blacks are too sensetive, such as avatar.

Try, oh please, try and keep up.

right:

"I don't understand what people are saying, and in my experience of being a white person, I have never had to deal with these issues, therefore their complaints are not just misguided, they are moronic, and people holding them deserve my scorn rather than any attempt to rationalize why they might feel a particular way about a racial issue I've never been unfortunate enough to be on the loosing end of"

dadudemon
most if not all of them are obscure actors with no leading roles under their belt... also not even half are good looking and the other half are women.. sad

the only cool one was the dude from the WB show with the demons and whatnot and even he isnt leading cast material

Wait, it shouldn't matter that those people are woman. In fact, you should think that awesome that it's women as they are considered a "minority" in Hollywood...usually taking "look good" roles and not major roles.

Your complaint is completely invalid, sir.

Symmetric Chaos

A good actor is a good actor even if he or she isn't gorgeous.

GCG
It seems like a race related thread is opened regularly on this site. Why?

Wild Shadow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqHEJz_JDmY

i know i was joking and ur joking but sometimes the stereo types get out of hand and it hurts... sad

and i dont even consider myself truly hispanic but it hurts just the same

One Free Man
i know i was joking and ur joking but sometimes the stereo types get out of hand and it hurts... sad

and i dont even consider myself truly hispanic but it hurts just the same are you done crying? yes

Wild Shadow
are you done crying? yes

you know my uncle poncho actually looks like the hulk

One Free Man
you know my uncle poncho actually looks like the hulk cool. At least Mexicans dont get all ****in retarded about anything that moves and is slightly their color in film.

Wild Shadow
cool. At least Mexicans dont get all ****in retarded about anything that moves and is slightly their color in film.

we do. there just isnt enough of us to be heard and those of us who have a real problem dont speak english or have papers so they keep their mouth shut.

sad

inimalist
At least Mexicans dont get all ****in retarded about anything that moves and is slightly their color in film.

Is that any different than you getting all ****ing retarded about people being sensitive to racial issues? (even though you are way more sensitive to racial issues)

One Free Man
From what you hear of all the squeaky wheels, and if you watched the media and that legitimately was your only impression of African American black negro people of color, you would think they are all whiny, lazy criminals. I think this is where the true racism lies.

Living in one of the worst ghettos in america, out of all of the african american black negro people of color i have met, maybe two of them meet this discription.

I think this is where the true racism comes into play. Whitey isn't keeping anyone down with these stereotypes. It's the fact that the smallest minority of African Americans make themselves the most noticeable in the worst way. There is no racism that is not furthered by that small fraction of stupid people that strive to fulfill every stereotype.

One Free Man
we do. there just isnt enough of us to be heard and those of us who have a real problem dont speak english or have papers so they keep their mouth shut.

sad Here i got the impression you guys had the balls to fight an unfair system without bitching to the people in power. A.K.A. crossing the boarder without any stupid papers, etc.

I think i'd respect the racism issue more if African Americans were actually combating things instead of having a "witch-hunt"

dadudemon
Here i got the impression you guys had the balls to fight an unfair system without bitching to the people in power. A.K.A. crossing the boarder without any stupid papers, etc.

I think i'd respect the racism issue more if African Americans were actually combating things instead of having a "witch-hunt"
Well, he's wrong there, too.

Remember the protests/riots from like....2007 where the illegal immigrants went buck-wild?

Yeah, they DO complain and they DO get heard.

One Free Man
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, he's wrong there, too.

Remember the protests/riots from like....2007 where the illegal immigrants went buck-wild?

Yeah, they DO complain and they DO get heard. That's a proactive action, not looking at every film or video game for a picture of themselves and then trying to explain that picture as negative.

chomperx9
in hancock he took out bad guys that were white. now if it was a white super hero and he takes out black bad guys i bet you there would still be people bitching about the movie being racist. one way or another someone is gonna start crap about a movie being racist and look for a problem on purpose. its like they want it to be racist

dadudemon
in hancock he took out bad guys that were white. now if it was a white super hero and he takes out black bad guys i bet you there would still be people bitching about the movie being racist. one way or another someone is gonna start crap about a movie being racist and look for a problem on purpose. its like they want it to be racist

Shhhhhh.

That kind of logic is not allowed in Uhmarericuh.

jaden101

I love how it's a joke thread to take the piss out of the fact that there's too many "racist" threads in the GDF...Despite the fact that 2 of them are made by the person who made this one.

Wei Phoenix

I wish it was a funny joke thread and I thought the GDF was for serious discussions, I may be wrong though.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jaden101
I love how it's a joke thread to take the piss out of the fact that there's too many "racist" threads in the GDF...Despite the fact that 2 of them are made by the person who made this one. You wear dresses.

jaden101
You wear dresses.

I'm surprised you're not trying to hit on me then.

Rogue Jedi
I'm surprised you're not trying to hit on me then. Be careful what you wish for.

dadudemon
I'm surprised you're not trying to hit on me then.

lol, pwened.

But ONLY if you were drunk.

jaden101
Oddly enough i'm not long in from the pub.

Had quite a few.

Rogue Jedi
Whats your poison?

jaden101
Whats your poison?

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/images/products/main/2645/2645.jpg

http://files.list.co.uk/images/2008/06/16/kopparberg.jpg

Rogue Jedi
I had rum for the first time ever last March, good stuff.

jaden101
I had rum for the first time ever last March, good stuff.

I never used to be much of a rum drinker either but Sailor Jerry is vanilla and lime rum...Tastes like epic amounts of win.

Rogue Jedi
I never used to be much of a rum drinker either but Sailor Jerry is vanilla and lime rum...Tastes like epic amounts of win. I dunno what brand I had, I was in Trinidad and a local bought me a shot. Apparently it was a local blend.

One Free Man
I love how it's a joke thread to take the piss out of the fact that there's too many "racist" threads in the GDF...Despite the fact that 2 of them are made by the person who made this one. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t523204.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t457978.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t523122.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t522963.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t522527.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t522606.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t518628.html

all on the first page and in the last 2 weeks. Explain.

Rogue Jedi
Sup Uncle Tom?

Bardock42
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t523204.html

Wow, you are reaching with all of them.

One Free Man
Sup Uncle Tom? Nm, donald trump. Still secretly posessing slaves to do your bidding?

jinXed by JaNx
Hancock wasn't racialist at all. Is the Incredible Hulk Racist? If so...,prove it. If you have no proof then go suck on a banana until mucus pours out of your eye sockets because you're a dummy.

jaden101

2 of them have absolutely nothing to do with racism and the other is about a search engine.

So yeah 7-3=4

So I was right.

inimalist

how are you less sensational or less sensitive to racial issues than the people you criticize?

One Free Man
2 of them are about racial/social descrimination nothing to do with racism and the other is about a search engine's strike on a racial group.

So yeah 7-0=0

So I was wrong.

One Free Man
how are you less sensational or less sensitive to racial issues than the people you criticize? because I don't give a shit. smile

Rogue Jedi
haermm

inimalist
because I don't give a shit. smile

about what?

One Free Man
q2MH6VesKyc exactly how I feel about the racism/homophobia/religionism victim perspective that everyone wants to assume about everything.

Every crime is embelished and remembered forever. People still want something because their ancestors that they never met were slaves. This doesn't affect their lives at all rather than to show that they are in america with a free will and political power, healthcare, and equal opportunity.

Yet african americans still believe that "the big bad world owes them something."

Remember: anyone who says "the world owes me a living" is either a criminal or lazy.

Rogue Jedi
I hate white people.

One Free Man
I hate white people. me too.

inimalist
This doesn't affect their lives at all

you honestly believe there are no impacts of slavery on YOUR life, let alone those of black people?

One Free Man
you honestly believe there are no impacts of slavery on YOUR life, let alone those of black people? oh yea there's the fact they are here, not in an endless loop of civil wars, poverty, and std's. I guess that impacts their lives.

inimalist
oh yea there's the fact they are here, not in an endless loop of civil wars, poverty, and std's. I guess that impacts their lives.

so, you don't think there are any social, economic or personal legacies of slavery that affect YOUR life?

One Free Man
so, you don't think there are any social, economic or personal legacies of slavery that affect YOUR life? I honestly don't know. I haven't witnessed any that I can directly attribute to the fact that once, a hundred years ago, we took advantage of african americans as property. I'm sorry for this. I'd say it to any 19th century african american. I won't say "i'm sorry your great great great great grandfather was brought here forcibly" to any African American today. The fact is, if you compare the countries, the one's here were saved, and they never experienced slavery.

One Free Man
there is the fact that, apparently, I owe something to african american black negro people of color, which is ridiculous. My ancestors came over to California in the swedish immigration, 50 years after slavery was absolved and the Irish potato famine. They also never committed racism or hate crimes as I can trace my lineage back to Sweden and Ireland.

That's true racism. I've automatically hated all African Americans and enslaved them just because my skin was white.

jaden101

Stretched like a hoor's minge.

dadudemon
there is the fact that, apparently, I owe something to african american black negro people of color, which is ridiculous. My ancestors came over to California in the swedish immigration, 50 years after slavery was absolved and the Irish potato famine. They also never committed racism or hate crimes as I can trace my lineage back to Sweden and Ireland.

That's true racism. I've automatically hated all African Americans and enslaved them just because my skin was white.

I can one-up you.

My colonial ancestor came here with his family to have "freedom of religion" and pursue new entrepreneurships. (My mother's side. My father's side were Italians that came in in the 1920s...Ellis Island folks.)

He and his family staunchly opposed slavery in any form, and wanted the freedom for people to practice various religions.

Later, during the civil war, a few of my male ancestors fought in the Civil War, on the North side. One of them died.

Based on that, by the reparation logic, doesn't my family deserve reparations from the descendants African Americans slaves for all we sacrificed to make things right by our standards?

Though I didn't do jack to free the slaves and fight for our freedom on religion, by the "reparations" logic, my family deserves reparations. awesome

I disagree with reparations in any form, though. So, I would oppose reparations for descendants of Northerners, as well.

Bardock42
I can one-up you.

My colonial ancestor came here with his family to have "freedom of religion" and pursue new entrepreneurships. (My mother's side. My father's side were Italians that came in in the 1920s...Ellis Island folks.)

He and his family staunchly opposed slavery in any form, and wanted the freedom for people to practice various religions.

Later, during the civil war, a few of my male ancestors fought in the Civil War, on the North side. One of them died.

Based on that, by the reparation logic, doesn't my family deserve reparations from the descendants African Americans slaves for all we sacrificed to make things right by our standards?

Though I didn't do jack to free the slaves and fight for our freedom on religion, by the "reparations" logic, my family deserves reparations. awesome

I disagree with reparations in any form, though. So, I would oppose reparations for descendants of Northerners, as well.

Actually, I think you get reparations for things that were forced on you (from the people that forced it on you or their descendants), not things that you did out of your own free will, so that doesn't quite fly.

dadudemon
Actually, I think you get reparations for things that were forced on you (from the people that forced it on you or their descendants), not things that you did out of your own free will, so that doesn't quite fly.

How DARE you make my point fail!

K, so maybe "raparations" is not the correct term. Compensation. no expression

Bardock42
How DARE you make my point fail!

K, so maybe "raparations" is not the correct term. Compensation. no expression

Sounds more like taxation....or...Mafiaesque blackmail.

Ties in with your Italian heritage, too.

dadudemon
Sounds more like taxation....or...Mafiaesque blackmail.

Ties in with your Italian heritage, too.

Indeed.

But, if people want compensation for wrongs done to their ancestors, I'm all for applying that logic for those that helped get rid of the wrongs. awesome

One Free Man
Indeed.

But, if people want compensation for wrongs done to their ancestors, I'm all for applying that logic for those that helped get rid of the wrongs. awesome British owe me money and land then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.