Enormous Profits For The Fed!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Fed-posts-record-profit-of-apf-231123775.html?x=0

It certainly sounds like a good sign for America but I'm not sure exactly what this means. Still with all of the money that governments can float around 50 billion dollars doesn't seem like all that much.

Liberator
Some recession, eh?

Darth Jello
Yeah, enormous profits for the FED. It's called redistribution of wealth upward. Ronald Reagan's smelly, rotting corpse is probably having its biggest orgasm since the marines were bombed in Lebanon and 9/11.

Shakyamunison
It is all just on paper.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It is all just on paper.

All money is just paper or just metal or just data.

Symmetric Chaos
edit

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
All money is just paper.

But you know what I mean, right? None of this is real. People in the government are manipulating the books to make it look good.

Bardock42
All money is just paper or just metal or just data.

That's bull.

Some is metal.

Symmetric Chaos
But you know what I mean, right? None of this is real. People in the government are manipulating the books to make it look good.

Do you know that for certain or just think it's likely?

dadudemon
This is a good thing.

However, I'm one of the people that thinks the fed should be dissolved and never made into a Fed. system again. (For the U.S.)

The budget is so horrible right now that a little income should be a good thing.

Shakyamunison
Do you know that for certain or just think it's likely?

Know that for certain? No, I do not have any insider information. I've just seem it over and over again. As the old saying goes; if it looks like duck...

I will believe it when my personal buying power increases.

dadudemon
Know that for certain? No, I do not have any insider information. I've just seem it over and over again. As the old saying goes; if it looks like duck...

During the worst part of the recession, I got 2 promotions..just three months apart.

And, since Early 2008, I've gotten 2 nice raises.

What recession? awesome

(I thank the Lord and my employer's for not being impacted negatively by the recession.)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by dadudemon
During the worst part of the recession, I got 2 promotions..just three months apart.

And, since Early 2008, I've gotten 2 nice raises.

What recession? awesome

(I thank the Lord and my employer's for not being impacted negatively by the recession.)

Ya, but I am just pessimistic when it comes to the government saying "hay look, we made a profit". The first thought that comes to mind is, "ok, give it back".

Symmetric Chaos

It certainly makes sense. Convincing people that the economy is doing better can itself be good for the economy. Not to mention that it makes the Fed and Obama look good.

Unless you're secretly a CEO you're personal buying power is a ridiculously small portion of the economy.

My wages haven't dropped at all during the recession.

Shakyamunison
It certainly makes sense. Convincing people that the economy is doing better can itself be good for the economy. Not to mention that it makes the Fed and Obama look good.

Unless you're secretly a CEO you're personal buying power is a ridiculously small portion of the economy.

My wages haven't dropped at all during the recession.

The fact that this make the Fed and Obama look good, feeds my skepticism.

However, the cost of everything has gone up. This has made my "small" buying power decrease.

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Yeah, enormous profits for the FED. It's called redistribution of wealth upward. Ronald Reagan's smelly, rotting corpse is probably having its biggest orgasm since the marines were bombed in Lebanon and 9/11.
Reagan admitted Lebanon was mistake, but other than that, this is correct.

This is good, but it doesn't change the fact that the Fed is wholly inefficient and needs to be taken down. There's also still the fact of that extra trillion dollars that was made out of thin air that still hasn't hit the market.

Robtard

But it's supposed to trickle down to us poor rabble.

The Gipper guaranteed that if 'we' allow the rich to get richer with massive tax breaks, they'll diarrhea-squirt some of that back down to the poor, he promised, dude.

WickedDynamite
I just don't agree with that underline.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Robtard
But it's supposed to trickle down to us poor rabble.

The Gipper guaranteed that if 'we' allow the rich to get richer with massive tax breaks, they'll diarrhea-squirt some of that back down to the poor, he promised, dude.

Let me channel our second president, John Adams for one moment.

"Shut the **** up, you rabble! You aren't even people, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Just work and if you can't work, go ****ing kill yourselves. And don't complain you seditious pisser, or I'll have you taken to Louisiana and broken on the wheel...peasant scum..."

Shakyamunison
Let me channel our second president, John Adams for one moment.

"Shut the **** up, you rabble! You aren't even people, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Just work and if you can't work, go ****ing kill yourselves. And don't complain you seditious pisser, or I'll have you taken to Louisiana and broken on the wheel...peasant scum..."

I didn't know we had Democrats back then. laughing

jaden101
I love the fact that any company or organisation that dares make a profit in the recession is an evil tyrannical regime. Despite the fact that you actually need companies to make profit to get out of recession.

WickedDynamite
I didn't know we had Democrats back then. laughing

They did aka......Southern Democrats plantation owners.

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by jaden101
I love the fact that any company or organisation that dares make a profit in the recession is an evil tyrannical regime. Despite the fact that you actually need companies to make profit to get out of recession.
I like how you forget that the Federal Reserve is making money because of the collapse.

jaden101
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
I like how you forget that the Federal Reserve is making money because of the collapse.

Why? Because they had the sense to invest in securities and buy up debt from the US government in the hope that the economy wouldn't get worse. It was a big risk and now that those debts are more secure then they're getting money back.

So no...They bought up the debt AFTER the collapse. Restructed the debt to allow a more viable repayment of it and so did a large amount to combat the collapse. The debts it bought up could quite as easily have stayed as bad and unpayable debt.

Robtard
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I have a feeling the risk they took when buying debt wasn't really a risk, I think they knew exactly how it would turn out before going in.

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I have a feeling the risk they took when buying debt wasn't really a risk, I think they knew exactly how it would turn out before going in.

Obviously they knew that the economy would recover eventually. It always does. Sitting on bad debt for any length of time would be hugely detrimental to any company/organisation. The risk they took was betting on how long it would take for a recovery to come.

Liberator
Going along with this, I heard that US Banks are getting massive bonuses after taxpayer money saved their arses in bailout money.

I fail to understand this, the Feds, the Banks, it seems that the only people getting anything out of this economy are the same people that put us in it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.