Rank these characters in terms of power levels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Thor, Sentry, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Firelord, Hercules, Wonderwoman, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Sodam Yat, Rulk, and Orion.

Rank them from most powerful to least most powerful.

Try to avoid ties if you can.

r0nm0n88
Silver Surfer

Thor

Sodam Yat

Martain Man Hunter

Hal Jordan

Alan Scott

Firelord

Cap Marvel

Superman

Wonder Woman

Rulk

Orion

Hulk

Hercules

I dont necessarily give a person a majority over another person if theyre above that person on the list. I just gave energy based attacks, and versatility
more importance since i believe it correlated to power more than just raw physical strength.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor, Sentry, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Firelord, Hercules, Wonderwoman, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Sodam Yat, Rulk, and Orion.

Silver Surfer=Thor
Sentry
Orion
Hal Jordan
Sodam Yat
Firelord
Martian Manhunter
Captain Marvel=Superman=Wonderwoman
Alan Scott
Hulk=Rulk

quanchi112
1.Sentry
2.Thor
3.Silver Surfer
4.Hulk
5.Rulk
6.Superman
7.Orion
8.Alan Scott
9.Captain Marvel
10.Hal Jordan
11.Martian Manhunter
12.Hercules
13.Firelord
14.Wonderwoman

Mshinu
1.Rulk
2.Sentry
3.Thor
4.Silver Surfer
5.Hal Jordan
6.Orion
7.Cap Marvel
8.Superman
9.Hulk
10.Martian Manhunter
11.Hercules
12.Firelord
13.Wonderwoman

Depends a lot on how you define power tho.
Don`t know Yat or Alan Scott well enough to place `em.

JakeTheBank
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hal Jordan
Sentry
Orion
Sodam Yat
Superman
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman
Firelord
Alan Scott
Martian Manhunter
Hulk
Rulk
Hercules

snyper1982
Shouldn't Hulk be #1 since he technically has unlimited power?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by snyper1982
Shouldn't Hulk be #1 since he technically has unlimited power?

I ranked Hulk fairly low simply because his power is limited to physical strength and durability. Taking that into effect as well as other powers, standard equipment, and skills, he shouldn't rank too high here anyway, but that's my opinion.

Power is awfully subjective.

r0nm0n88
he has unlimited physical power, but its so one dimensional. Just strength. The way one measures power is a personal preference, but i like to use energy attacks and versatility as giving one more power than super strength.

quanchi112
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
he has unlimited physical power, but its so one dimensional. Just strength. The way one measures power is a personal preference, but i like to use energy attacks and versatility as giving one more power than super strength. I compare them. For example what would hurt more a Hulk punch while severely pissed off or a hv blast from a pissed off Superman? Or comparing Hulk's punches to Superman's and whatever you think oin Superman's arsenal is his most powerful attack.

snyper1982
I completely understand what you guys are saying, but my only point was regardless of the type of power, the hulk is the only without any limits on his powers. At least that I know of anyways.

I too think hulk is a weak character, and would give anyone with at least enough strength to put him off planet and speed of mach 10 or higher, 10/10 over him.

r0nm0n88
well my problem with hulk in this thread is im not sure what level of anger hes at. So if hes extremely pissed, world breaker status, then his hardest hit might do more damage then alot of people listed. If hes at world breaker levels i put him below only thor, Silver surfer, and a Molecule manipulating sentry.

But when i did my original list i kinda just gave him strength on par with the others on the list like supes, thor, and Cap Marvel.

JakeTheBank
The thing is, even if Hulk gets as pissed off as he's ever going to get and reaches the touted "world breaker" status, that's still physical might and nothing else. Sure, it's massive physical strength, but a lot of the people here have strength and durability outputs to fight even the angriest of Hulks for extended peroids of time as well as having other things to fall back on besides plain strength.

Q99
Silver Surfer
Orion
Thor
Sodam Yat
Superman
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel
Alan Scott
Martian Manhunter
Firelord
Hulk
Rulk
Hercules

I consider WW=CM in direct fighting terms (heck, in some areas they pretty much get their power from the same gods!), but she has more out-of-fight versatility.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The thing is, even if Hulk gets as pissed off as he's ever going to get and reaches the touted "world breaker" status, that's still physical might and nothing else. Sure, it's massive physical strength, but a lot of the people here have strength and durability outputs to fight even the angriest of Hulks for extended peroids of time as well as having other things to fall back on besides plain strength. You are just going off of what makes him combat formidable and one dimensional imo.

It depends on which Hulk you are discussing. I think WB Hulk was on a completely different level but what we saw of him was far too brief to properly rate him.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The thing is, even if Hulk gets as pissed off as he's ever going to get and reaches the touted "world breaker" status, that's still physical might and nothing else. Sure, it's massive physical strength, but a lot of the people here have strength and durability outputs to fight even the angriest of Hulks for extended peroids of time as well as having other things to fall back on besides plain strength.

I disagree with this. No one on this list except surfer should be able to take punches from World Breaker Hulk.

JakeTheBank
If Pak was writing, no, probably not.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Q99
Silver Surfer
Orion
Thor
Sodam Yat
Superman
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel
Alan Scott
Martian Manhunter
Firelord
Hulk
Rulk
Hercules

Of the lists I've seen so far, I think I agree with this one the most. I'd stick Hal Jordan in there above Superman. I also think I'd switch Thor and Orion, but I can definitely see the arguments for keeping him where he is. I'm assuming this is based on normal power levels/standard equipment.

Omega Vision
On the subject of Hulk I'm curious to know what the **** could ever make him angry enough to reach levels that he'd truly be some unstoppable force that even the rest of these guys combined couldn't stop. Wouldn't he eventually just suffer a stroke or something from anger overload?

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
On the subject of Hulk I'm curious to know what the **** could ever make him angry enough to reach levels that he'd truly be some unstoppable force that even the rest of these guys combined couldn't stop. Wouldn't he eventually just suffer a stroke or something from anger overload?

No, and no matter how mad Hulk gets, Surfer would always be able to stop him.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Of the lists I've seen so far, I think I agree with this one the most. I'd stick Hal Jordan in there above Superman. I also think I'd switch Thor and Orion, but I can definitely see the arguments for keeping him where he is. I'm assuming this is based on normal power levels/standard equipment.

I agree. I am a little more inclined to put Thor just above Orion, but like you I can see the arguement for both. Martian Manhunter could possibly rank a little higher, but I agree with where Q99 put him, due to him not being as inherently aggressive as some of the others. Wonder Woman only edges Captain Marvel due to her weaponry, primarily, but that is valid in a ranking like this, so I concur again...

EDIT: Oh, missed that *he* missed Hal and Sentry; let me adjust it...

Silver Surfer
Orion
Thor
Sodam Yat
Superman
Wonder Woman = Hal (roughly; it's circumstantial...)
Captain Marvel
Alan Scott
Martian Manhunter
Firelord
Hulk
Rulk
Hercules

Sentry is powerful, but for my personal tastes I want to see some more stable showings over time. As it stands, I'd put him on *average* as floating between MM/Alan Scott, and Superman-Thor, though he could be more powerful; he needs to stabilize more first, as an overall character, IMO...

Batman-Prime
Orion
Sodam Yat, Sentry (if he is as powerful as it seems now)
Alan Scott (Sentinel)
Thor, SS, CM, Superman, MM, Sentry wink, Hal Jordan
Wonderwoman
Firelord
Rulk, Hulk
Hercules

quanchi112
On the subject of Hulk I'm curious to know what the **** could ever make him angry enough to reach levels that he'd truly be some unstoppable force that even the rest of these guys combined couldn't stop. Wouldn't he eventually just suffer a stroke or something from anger overload? He'd never be truly unstoppable imo, but the levels in WB were quite formidable indeed.

BattleMage
1.Sentry
2.Thor
3.Silver Surfer
4.Hulk
5.Rulk
6.Superman
7.Orion
8.Alan Scott
9.Captain Marvel
10.Hal Jordan
11.Martian Manhunter
12.Hercules
13.Firelord
14.Wonderwoman

DarkOdin
On the subject of Hulk I'm curious to know what the **** could ever make him angry enough to reach levels that he'd truly be some unstoppable force that even the rest of these guys combined couldn't stop. Wouldn't he eventually just suffer a stroke or something from anger overload? laughing And to answer you first question watching the Hulk movie starring Eric Bana "think thats his name"would make Hulk hit that level of rage.

Tha C-Master
Nobody said over 9000 yet? I'm shocked.

h1a8

This is my best to be honest and not bias.

Sentry (current)
Hal
Silver Surfer
Firelord
Superman
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel
Rulk (average since inconsistent)
Thor
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Hulk
Hercules

I don't know where Alan Scott and Sodam goes.
Now this list is not who will win over another. For example, I believe Thor could beat Firelord and WW to beat Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8

Sentry (current)
Hal
Silver Surfer
Firelord
Superman
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel
Thor
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Hulk
Hercules

Now this list is not who will win over another. For example, I believe Thor could beat Firelord and WW to beat Superman.

LOL laughing @ this list.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by BattleMage
1.Sentry
2.Thor
3.Silver Surfer
4.Hulk
5.Rulk
6.Superman
7.Orion
8.Alan Scott
9.Captain Marvel
10.Hal Jordan
11.Martian Manhunter
12.Hercules
13.Firelord
14.Wonderwoman

What the f**k?

quanchi112

Sentry (current)
Hal
Silver Surfer
Firelord
Superman
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel
Thor
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Hulk
Hercules

Now this list is not who will win over another. For example, I believe Thor could beat Firelord and WW to beat Superman. Hal Jordan over Thor and the Surfer? Originally posted by Sasaraixx
What the f**k? What's wrong with the list?

Sasaraixx
Hal Jordan over Thor and the Surfer? What's wrong with the list?

A lot. The Hulks are too high. Any list that doesn't end with Hercules in the last spot is seriously misguided. Wonder Woman is too low because the poster is obviously ignoring her standard equipment and upgrades.

I could also get nit-picky with Surfer and Hal's placements, but those are debatable points. The above problems are just too glaring.

And personally I would leave Sentry off the list. It is too early to make a decision on this guy. His showings are all over the place.

quanchi112
A lot. The Hulks are too high. Any list that doesn't end with Hercules in the last spot is seriously misguided. Wonder Woman is too low because the poster is obviously ignoring her standard equipment and upgrades.

I could also get nit-picky with Surfer and Hal's placements, but those are debatable points. The above problems are just too glaring.

And personally I would leave Sentry off the list. It is too early to make a decision on this guy. His showings are all over the place. Not really. Both are up there in terms of power.

His showings all over the place has nothing to do with his power. Power doesn't always win a fight. Don't get me wrong it helps, but his highest showings and the terminology they use to describe him with the feats he's already accomplished prove it to me anyways at this point.

I don't see WW as that powerful either.

Endless Mike
Sentry (after that Molecule Man debacle mad )
Orion
Thor
Surfer
Martian Manhunter
Superman
Captain Marvel
Sodam Yat
Hal Jordan
Alan Scott
Hulk
Rulk
Firelord
Wonder Woman
Hercules

h1a8
Hal Jordan over Thor and the Surfer? What's wrong with the list?

Thor is not that powerful over SS.
Hal has superior speed and reflexes, can time travel and stop time, can manipulate matter, phase, teleport, can duplicate himself, can absorb energy, etc. Basically he can do what most heralds can do with the added time manipulation and self duplication. I even heard a rumor that Hal can grant himself the powers of kryptonians and others species that he has the dna of in his ring. Plus Hal is more creative with his powers than both Thor and SS.

quanchi112
Thor is not that powerful over SS.
Hal has superior speed and reflexes, can time travel and stop time, can manipulate matter, phase, teleport, can duplicate himself, can absorb energy, etc. Basically he can do what most heralds can do with the added time manipulation and self duplication. I even heard a rumor that Hal can grant himself the powers of kryptonians and others species that he has the dna of in his ring. Plus Hal is more creative with his powers than both Thor and SS. Yes, he is. He's also proven it in battle and against similar opponents.

Wow, and you think Hal is more powerful than any of these guys you just mentioned is hilarious. You basically described combat formidability. When I say described what I really mean is exaggerated.

h1a8
Yes, he is. He's also proven it in battle and against similar opponents.

Wow, and you think Hal is more powerful than any of these guys you just mentioned is hilarious. You basically described combat formidability. When I say described what I really mean is exaggerated.

In battle SS easily kept Thor's hammer from him momentarily. Thor was a sitting duck at Surfer's mercy. But you know Marvel isn't going to let Thor lose, they rather have SS fight dumb. SS can do more things and is easily more powerful once amped beyond belief.
SS is faster too.

What makes you think Thor is more powerful than Surfer when Thor's weakness is not having his hammer (which is a super weakness)?

Hal duplicating himself 10x would form a force more powerful than any character on the list except Sentry. Hal stopping time makes him more powerful than any character on the list too.

quanchi112
In battle SS easily kept Thor's hammer from him momentarily. Thor was a sitting duck at Surfer's mercy. But you know Marvel isn't going to let Thor lose, they rather have SS fight dumb. SS can do more things and is easily more powerful once amped beyond belief.
SS is faster too.

What makes you think Thor is more powerful than Surfer when Thor's weakness is not having his hammer (which is a super weakness)?

Hal duplicating himself 10x would form a force more powerful than any character on the list except Sentry. Hal stopping time makes him more powerful than any character on the list too. That's a battle tactic and has nothing to do with who is more powerful. Surfer also couldn't keep his hammer from him and was amped by Loki. LOL.

Thor can get ten times as strong/powerful when he enters berserker mode.

carver9
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Sentry (after that Molecule Man debacle mad )
Orion
Thor
Surfer
Martian Manhunter
Superman
Captain Marvel
Sodam Yat
Hal Jordan
Alan Scott
Hulk
Rulk
Firelord
Wonder Woman
Hercules

This is a good list except I would switch thor and Orion and I would also put wonder woman a little higher.

JakeTheBank
Factoring in her skills, standard equipment, and powers, Diana should be roughly toward the middle of the list, IMO.

Endless Mike
The thread title said power levels so I assumed you meant overall power, ignoring things like skill

id369
Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell) - Sentry
Silver Surfer - Thor
Alan Scott

The rest.

Sasaraixx

I don't see WW as that powerful either.

Which is part of the reason I have you on ignore laughing

If you can't understand why WW is more powerful than Hercules, then we have absolutely nothing further to discuss.

Mindset
Which is part of the reason I have you on ignore laughing

If you can't understand why WW is more powerful than Hercules, then we have absolutely nothing further to discuss. How did you see his post?

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Mindset
How did you see his post?

I'm not always logged in when I read through the forum.

Mindset
I don't think you have him on ignore.

I think you love reading his posts.

Sasaraixx
I don't think you have him on ignore.

I think you love reading his posts.

They are *entertaining.* I open them up occasionally too. Same as yours smile

Mindset
Stop flirting with me.

Sasaraixx
Stop flirting with me.

But you're so darn cute

batdude123
*insert bias here*

h1a8
That's a battle tactic and has nothing to do with who is more powerful. Surfer also couldn't keep his hammer from him and was amped by Loki. LOL.

Thor can get ten times as strong/powerful when he enters berserker mode.

Doesn't who is more powerful encompasses not only power output but weakness as well?

If so then the lost of Thor's hammer (however temporary) is a glaring weakness which subtracts from his power.

Surfer's glaring weakness is the lost of his board.

Superman's is of course red sun radiation, kryptonite, and magic. Although the latter 2 are known to have little to no effect if Superman's will is strong enough.

If you mean more powerful while discarding weakness then I would have to say Surfer anyway. He can presumably amped beyond 10x Thor, is faster, possibly more durable, and is more versatile.

manx422
Orion
Superman
Captain Marvel
Silver Surfer
Sodam Yat
Thor
Wonder Woman
Alan Scott
Martian Manhunter
Hulk
Sentry
Rulk
Hercules
Firelord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.