The movies are a sexual oriention metaphor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CrowRoboto
Is it true that the X-Men movies are seen as a big metaphor on different sexualities then heterosexuality?

Omgu8mynewt
i think more just minorities and feeling like an outsider, but the whole 'i feel normal and fine but still don't fit it' i guess could relate to gay people

CrowRoboto
And the cure in part 3 is also part of the metaphor of curing people who are different.

-Pr-
Originally posted by CrowRoboto
Is it true that the X-Men movies are seen as a big metaphor on different sexualities then heterosexuality?

x-men in general is. it used to be a racial thing, now its a sexuality thing.

Rapidash
"different sexualities then heterosexuality?"
I assume what you mean to say that X-Men is representing the view of difference, such as the difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality?

I do not think it is all about sexuality. I think it is about any difference opposing the norm. Sexuality is one way of interpreting it. Race is another. There are more if one only care enough to look.

But in the end, X-Men does sexuality most truth.

Originally posted by -Pr-
x-men in general is. it used to be a racial thing, now its a sexuality thing.

I love the IT Crowd.

CrowRoboto
Well there are some GLBT X-Men and metaphors in them like for example. Morph can be viewed as a transgendered person with an ID crisis, Mystique is bisexual in the comics and Northstar is pure gay as in 100 percent queer eye there even one of Mystique's lovers was a lesbian.

the ninjak
My girlfriend manages a comic store and she says that to most gay customers Xmen is there favourite

CrowRoboto
But what do you think of the idea of curing people who are different?

rader
If Kevin Smith said it than its true.

the ninjak
But what do you think of the idea of curing people who are different?

That would be horrible!

andtunez
Originally posted by Rapidash
"different sexualities then heterosexuality?"
I assume what you mean to say that X-Men is representing the view of difference, such as the difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality?

I do not think it is all about sexuality. I think it is about any difference opposing the norm. Sexuality is one way of interpreting it. Race is another. There are more if one only care enough to look.

But in the end, X-Men does sexuality most truth.

I love the IT Crowd.

I agree with Rapidash. X-Men is the perfect example of a comic book that uses its stories and characters as representations of all that is different in the world. Be it LGBT issues, racism or personal insecurities, X-Men works as a metaphor that interprets the fear, rejection and bigotry that comes with the existence of all that is not the norm.

This is, perhaps, why X-Men's my absolute favorite book; It's honest and true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.