Hal Jordan & Martian Manhunter vs Superman & Womderwoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Warlord
which duo wins?

DarkOdin
Team 1 has a better bag of tricks then team 2

Team 1: 6/7 out of 10

thanos-prime
Team 1

quanchi112
Team 2 wins.

xJLxKing
Split

jrodslam
Team 1.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by jrodslam
Team 1.

kevdude
Team 2, good fight.

Bouboumaster
Team 1 8/10

Sasaraixx
Team 1 6/10.

ares834
Team 2

Warlord
Team 1 6/10

American Dragon
Ill say team 1. Wonder Woman in my opinion is the weak link on team 2. I don't think that Wonder Woman could do anything to hurt either Martian Manhunter or Hal Jordan. Hal Jordan is too fast and too smart to let Wonder Woman wrap that lasso around him and so is Martian Manhunter. The combined power of Hal and J'onn will be too much for even Superman.

-Pr-
Even split.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by American Dragon
Ill say team 1. Wonder Woman in my opinion is the weak link on team 2. I don't think that Wonder Woman could do anything to hurt either Martian Manhunter or Hal Jordan. Hal Jordan is too fast and too smart to let Wonder Woman wrap that lasso around him and so is Martian Manhunter. The combined power of Hal and J'onn will be too much for even Superman.

What the f**k?

I'm changing my mind. Even split on this one.

Mshinu
Green team beats red&blue

Q99
Team two, 6.5/10. Martian Manhunter doesn't have the endurance of his foes so while they might get a good start, neither foe is going down fast and eventually it'll turn around.

Also Kal has fire eyes, which is nice against J'onn.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
What the f**k?

I'm changing my mind. Even split on this one.

thumb up

tideoftime
Generally an even split. Team 1 dominates in terms of versatility, while Team 2 stomps in terms of raw strength and speed. Hal's offensive abilities are strong, but unless he diverts power to bolster his defenses (thus weakening his attacks) he is the relatively least durable of those involved. MM's range of powers is very useful, both offensively and defensively, but aren't definites against Team 2. Superman has the greatest overall physical power of those involved, but only on a marginal level compared to MM/Hal's willpower. Diana has the superior combat skills, and has shown to be able to fight GL's powers in the past via raw strength and her weapons, but she can't take the battle to space, as the other 3 can, and GL's powers can exploit her lower piercing/slashing resistance.

Q99
Diana can fight in space, and outfought a Hyperclan white martian there once. Either as long as she holds her breath, or a breath mask she often takes on JL missions.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Q99
Diana can fight in space, and outfought a Hyperclan white martian there once. Either as long as she holds her breath, or a breath mask she often takes on JL missions.

Diana can make low-orbital jaunts, but she is a "baby" compared to the other three in the space department -- she requires active life-support beyond low-orbital ranges, and in a forum battle that is a *very* exploitable weakness *if* the battle moves to space, which it easily could with this group. She fought Primate in low-orbit, not actual open space. It's not a definite "no", just a very exploitable situation for her compared to the other 3. Personally, I think she'd have to be more on guard against Hal using piercing/slashing ring attacks against her as getting her to/keeping her in - space is problematic; just listed it as a valid concern.

Q99
The pressure's no problem, and she can move around and fight as well as the others, the only real issue is oxygen giving something of a time limit unless she has a mask.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Q99
The pressure's no problem, and she can move around and fight as well as the others, the only real issue is oxygen giving something of a time limit unless she has a mask.

Exactly. That's my point. Her needing oxygen/a mask is an exploitable weakness in this context, with this line-up. Her having a tank/mask is something Hal/J'onn could negate, with enough finesse/power attack.

Warlord
bump

Q99
Originally posted by tideoftime
Exactly. That's my point. Her needing oxygen/a mask is an exploitable weakness in this context, with this line-up. Her having a tank/mask is something Hal/J'onn could negate, with enough finesse/power attack.

Still, that leaves her, what, 4-5 minutes? And it's not easy to hit to begin with. Plenty of time to get back to Earth if need be if it does happen, possibly enough time to finish the fight.

And J'onn needs to breath too.

carver9
Team 2 8/10. I always thought of Superman being>any GL imo. Superman could take hal out pretty quick and again, thats my opinion.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Split

thumb up

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
I always thought of Superman being>any GL imo. Superman could take hal out pretty quick and again, thats my opinion.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that any top-tier GL with common sense and even general knowledge of Superman, should be able to defeat him, at least in a forum battle. In comics, it doesn't happen very often, unfortunetly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Personally, I'm of the opinion that any top-tier GL with common sense and even general knowledge of Superman, should be able to defeat him, at least in a forum battle. In comics, it doesn't happen very often, unfortunetly. Based on what?

carver9
Personally, I'm of the opinion that any top-tier GL with common sense and even general knowledge of Superman, should be able to defeat him, at least in a forum battle. In comics, it doesn't happen very often, unfortunetly.

I disagree with this unless you count them creating kryptonite which would be there only hope.

JakeTheBank
^ Based on their high end energy manipulation feats, the ability to create or simulate kryptonite, the ability to create or simulate red solar energy, energy draining in of itself, mental assaults, BFR, simply being able to avoid or negate pretty much any attack Superman is capable of. Using everything that a power ring has been shown capable of doing, a vet GL should be be able to at least split even with Superman.

quanchi112
^ Based on their high end energy manipulation feats, the ability to create or simulate kryptonite, the ability to create or simulate red solar energy, energy draining in of itself, mental assaults, BFR, simply being able to avoid or negate pretty much any attack Superman is capable of. Using everything that a power ring has been shown capable of doing, a vet GL should be be able to at least split even with Superman. Ah, ok. fair enough. K-nite I can see but red solar energy I don't see making a big enough difference while Superman is pounding away at whichever gl he's fighting.

In theory mind you, but in comics it isn't this easy.

Warlord
Hal was doing fine just before he got crazy didn't he?

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Team 2 8/10. I always thought of Superman being>any GL imo. Superman could take hal out pretty quick and again, thats my opinion.

wow.

h1a8
This is hard. Anyone who picks more than 6/10 for either team is misguided.

Mindset
Team 2 6.5/10

JakeTheBank
^ misguided.

Mindset
6.1/10?

kgkg
lol

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
This is hard. Anyone who picks more than 6/10 for either team is misguided. You calling someone else misguided is funny.

Warlord
Originally posted by Mindset
Team 2 6.5/10

I didn't see that coming...

StyleTime
Probably an even split for either team. I could see Team 1 taking a thin majority though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.