Massive Quake In Haiti

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cb_haiti_earthquake (too long to post here)

But there is good news!

"Parliament has collapsed. The tax office has collapsed. Schools have collapsed."

Haiti is now free from oppression!

Ms.Marvel
god hates third world countries.

Robtard
The Dominican Republic should jump on the opportunity to seize power over the entire Island.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
"Parliament has collapsed. The tax office has collapsed. Schools have collapsed."

Haiti is now free from oppression!

Happy Dance

paradise here I come

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
The Dominican Republic should jump on the opportunity to seize power over the entire Island.

Na, the US is already sending in troops. laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
Happy Dance

paradise here I come

I hope you like being stabbed.

inimalist
pfft, social violence is a byproduct of corrupt government. With no state, people no longer need live in fear of repraisal for acting, and therefore they will live in peace.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
god hates third world countries. Actually, Pat Robertson said this quake happened because Haiti made a pact with Satan to chase out "Napoleon III or whatever".

Colossus-Big C
whats a "Haiti"?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
whats a "Haiti"?

http://fs.huntingdon.edu/jlewis/syl/ircomp/Maps/HaitiReliefMap.gif

inimalist
Port-Salut, LOL!

Robtard
I'm there!

inimalist
I take it back, Les Anglais is the best city name on there, or ile a vache

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
I take it back, Les Anglais is the best city name on there, or ile a vache

Les Anglais = The English?

Ile A Vache = Something to do with cows?

My French sucks.

WickedDynamite
Tahiti is Detroyed?!?! OMG! Nooo....

....*reads title more carefully*

Oh, Haiti....nvm.

inimalist
Les Anglais = The English?

yup

Ile A Vache = Something to do with cows?

Island of Cows, Cow Island, i think... That it is "Ile a" rather than "Ile des" might mean I'm mistaken

My French sucks.

I was forced to take it grade 4-9 (I took it in grade 10 too) and you covered pretty much all I knew

Colossus-Big C
french people+african people= Haiti people?

inimalist

"Haitians"

if you want to conceptualize it as a single statement, you are correct

The cultural development of the Carribean post-slavery is really interesting though...

Wild Shadow

that actually explains a lot.. angel

Robtard

No. 95+% of Haitians are of black African descent. The remaining 4-5% are moslty either White or Mulatto.

If you look very, very, very hard, you might find a native Indian in there somewhere.

Shakyamunison
No. 95+% of Haitians are of black African descent. The remaining 4-5% are moslty either White or Mulatto.

If you look very, very, very hard, you might find a native Indian in there somewhere.

You racist. laughing out loud

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You racist. laughing out loud

No, I'm not. I am opinionated/biased when it comes to judging people by external qualities though.

Shakyamunison
No, I'm not. I am opinionated/biased when it comes to judging people by external qualities though.

Oh, that's right. You can't be racist if you are a liberal. stick out tongue

BTW, I'm just kidding...

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Oh, that's right. You can't be racist if you are a liberal. stick out tongue

BTW, I'm just kidding...

I'm not all that liberal.

I know.

Darth Jello
Limbaugh and Robertson- If right wing talker says something controversial, he's rebuked, ignored, then gets a better contract and book deals. If a left wing talker says something controversial, he's assassinated in front of his own home. God bless America.

dadudemon
Yup. I saw that same bar-graph recently.

The one you saw had "mulatto and african" on the left and 5% white on the right, right?

FistOfThe North

i agree.

i've been thinking hard about just that ever since this quake's hit.

had i been the dr president i would've done just that. Our military would easily overthrow their central structure and take command. and i'm talking before the quake. but it's even worse now. i think Haiti's people and her beaurcrats wouldn't have a problem with an invasion especially since they'd have no choice i mean, i'd be for their greater good anyway.

Liberator
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i agree.

i've been thinking hard about just that ever since this quake's hit.

had i been the dr president i would've done just that. Our military would easily overthrow their central structure and take command. and i'm talking before the quake. but it's even worse now. i think Haiti's people and her beaurcrats wouldn't have a problem with an invasion especially since they'd have no choice i mean, i'd be for their greater good anyway.

Sure, but what would the Dominicans gain from conquering Haiti?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Liberator
Sure, but what would the Dominicans gain from conquering Haiti?

It's land and all her economic benefits which'd lead to an increase in the islands' gdp as a whole leading to the modernization of the newly aquired territory. Surely Hatian people would be included. Under Dominican law, of course. All lands would be renamed and recognized legitimately globally as Dominican territory, as well.

The Hatians would greatly appreciate it, i'm sure.

Liberator
Economic benefits in Haiti? Aren't they one of the most poorest countries on the planet? Sure it would increase their gdp for owning the entire bloody island but then they would have to deal with feeding, and sheltering all of those people as well as take care of them after this tradegy.

AsbestosFlaygon
eq_o5wpZuY4
Yeah I know.. just promoting tourism

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Liberator
Economic benefits in Haiti? Aren't they one of the most poorest countries on the planet? Sure it would increase their gdp for owning the entire bloody island but then they would have to deal with feeding, and sheltering all of those people as well as take care of them after this tradegy.

There is an ecomony in Haiti. (their gdp's around 10 billion give or take a billion or 2.) Albeit a poor one, but there not entirely hopeless. But i meant seize whatever economy they have left and capitalize on it and other untapped resources and markets; ports.

As far as food and shelter, that would be taken care of in the form of a slight yet temporary taxes and requesting international relief if need be until Dominican democracy firmly established. I'd be a 5 year goal.

It would work.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
eq_o5wpZuY4
Yeah I know.. just promoting tourism Hes from haiti?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
There is an ecomony in Haiti. (their gdp's around 10 billion give or take a billion or 2.) Albeit a poor one, but there not entirely hopeless. But i meant seize whatever economy they have left and capitalize on it and other untapped resources and markets; ports.

As far as food and shelter, that would be taken care of in the form of a slight yet temporary taxes and requesting international relief if need be until Dominican democracy firmly established. I'd be a 5 year goal.

It would work.

They didn't have much of an economy before. The cost in terms of political capital and sheer money needed to build the country up economically is way too much for the DR. I suppose it's possible that they could benefit from merging voluntarily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.