Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman vs Sentry and Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
no bfr.

-Pr-
depends entirely on what power level sentry is at, imo.

Warlord
team 2

galactusischere
Power of a million exploding suns FTW!!!!!!11!!

quanchi112
Team 2, hard.

outavodka
where is brb at on the power scale exactly

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
depends entirely on what power level sentry is at, imo. normal?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
normal?

then team 1.

Warlord
even before DA 12 a motivated, non holding back sentry is enough to take WW IMO....so still T2

nicamarvin
Originally posted by outavodka
where is brb at on the power scale exactly Top tier, Thor's level... cool

Q99
Sentry's got a lot of power, but not so much skill, I think he's just going to try trading hits and wiff/hit bracers a lot if he takes on WW. Plus he's got mental vulnerability, and lasso or telepathy, he could end up in trouble.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Sentry's got a lot of power, but not so much skill, I think he's just going to try trading hits and wiff/hit bracers a lot if he takes on WW. Plus he's got mental vulnerability, and lasso or telepathy, he could end up in trouble. Who has beat him on the battlefield by attacking his mind?

Q99
He hasn't actually run into many mind-affecting foes. Definitely nothing like the lasso.

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
Definitely nothing like the lasso.

I bet Dr Strange's dark magic would fit the category.

tideoftime
If Sentry is "only" at his "normal/median" level, then I edge with Team 1, though Team 1 will be if very rough shape afterwards, and Team 2 still has good standing for wins. Team 1 6/10.

If Sentry is on the upper scale, then Team 2 for a solid, like 7-8/10, with the only viable victory for Team 1 coming from J'onn pulling something via telepathy (and really having to finesse it), or WW getting her lasso on Sentry and finding a "truth" that will subdue him (which granted, given his insecurities, wouldn't be difficult -- getting him lassoed would be the trickier part).

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
He hasn't actually run into many mind-affecting foes. Definitely nothing like the lasso. When it was done to him she wasn't in the field of battle, knew him, and still was overwhelmed by him.

The guy's too powerful and too fast to get caught by it.

outavodka
Originally posted by quanchi112
When it was done to him she wasn't in the field of battle, knew him, and still was overwhelmed by him.

The guy's too powerful and too fast to get caught by it. and yet supes was snaged in Omac

Q99
I assume that 'him' was supposed to be Superman? Keep in mind that while in power, Sentry > Supes, in skill Supes >> Sentry, he's less likely to get in good hits than Kal, and far less aware of the threat of the lasso. Also that was Superman, all-out, full engines, totally enraged. Sentry doesn't start fights like that.

When Superman was enchanted by Circe to be Doomsday-like, Circe also sent an ally (Silver Swan, iirc) to grab the lasso at the start, and it still didn't prevent Wondy from retrieving it and using it to stop him.

manx422
Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman

Blanket
Sentry throws a lamp at MM, or shoots him with his seemingly sun powers.

BRB bites WW's ear off.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by -Pr-
depends entirely on what power level sentry is at, imo.

I agree with this. If it's normal levels, then Team 1. If it's uber Sentry, then Team 2.

kgkg
You won't need uber Sentry to beat T1 laughing out loud

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by kgkg

Obviously we disagree.

kgkg
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Obviously we disagree. Who is we?

carver9
Why would we need uber Sentry for this fight? Second, who on here has the hitting power equal to that or even close to that of beta ray bill. Team two has this in spades. They are more powerful, more durable, and more versatile and is just as fast.

Beta Ray bill doesnt hold back so he'll be starting the fight off with planet crushing hits.

Sentry, no one on team 1 has anything to take him down. Emma, Professor x, Doctor strange, none of them had the tools to evade sentry's mind.

Team 2 wins this either 8or9/10.

Warlord
Originally posted by kgkg

is this sarcasm or you believe that?
just wondering...

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by carver9
Why would we need uber Sentry for this fight? Second, who on here has the hitting power equal to that or even close to that of beta ray bill. Team two has this in spades. They are more powerful, more durable, and more versatile and is just as fast.

Beta Ray bill doesnt hold back so he'll be starting the fight off with planet crushing hits.

Sentry, no one on team 1 has anything to take him down. Emma, Professor x, Doctor strange, none of them had the tools to evade sentry's mind.

Team 2 wins this either 8or9/10.

Which Sentry this is does make a difference. If it's the most recent Sentry, then he's the most powerful person on the field. If it's average Sentry, then he is the "weakest" of the four. (And do not try to twist my words. I am not calling Sentry weak.)

BRB's "planet crushing hits" would work very well on the intangible Martian. I'm also sure they wouldn't be crushing Diana's bracers.

Also I disagree with your last point. The lasso would destroy Sentry's will/mind. If this isn't uber Sentry, Diana is taking him down. Then it is 2 against 1 and BRB can't stand up to both MM and WW. Conversely, I would not accept it as given that J'onn can't mess with Sentry's mind. There are those who believe J'onn is more powerful than Prof X and Emma. Diana has the defensive tools to hold of BRB until J'onn can finish off Sentry.

Also, team 2 is not just as fast.

Team 1 does have tools to win more than 1-2 fights.

Warlord
John couldn't handle Jocker's mind...I doubt he would handle Sentry's

If Sentry approaches the fight in the previous jobing attitude his team would loose. If he is more serious like in the fights with Terrax, Doom, Gennis his team wins 6/10 even without uber levels used

Q99
Originally posted by Warlord
John couldn't handle Jocker's mind...I doubt he would handle Sentry's

Is Sentry as crazy as Joker?

Joker messes up pretty much anyone who touches his mind (the Spectre's had a mixed record with it).. and J'onn has handled it on occasion (Rock of Ages, made him temporarily sane). Sentry's just unstable.

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
Is Sentry as crazy as Joker?

Joker messes up pretty much anyone who touches his mind (the Spectre's had a mixed record with it).. and J'onn has handled it on occasion (Rock of Ages, made him temporarily sane). Sentry's just unstable.

sentry's not just mentally unstable. once u get in his mind you are exposed to the void as well. Emma and X couldn't do it DESPITE having a white room (some kind of emergency plan) in his mind.
Dr Strange couldn't do it using Black Magic.

I doubt Manhunter can do that without risking his own sanity.

At best it would be a double KO. IMO it will go like the incident with black adam

Q99
sentry's not just mentally unstable. once u get in his mind you are exposed to the void as well. Emma and X couldn't do it DESPITE having a white room (some kind of emergency plan) in his mind.
Dr Strange couldn't do it using Black Magic.

I doubt Manhunter can do that without risking his own sanity.

At best it would be a double KO. IMO it will go like the incident with black adam

Hm, that's a pretty good point.

Still, there's the lasso, which doesn't put Diana at any risk of backlash.

carver9
Which Sentry this is does make a difference. If it's the most recent Sentry, then he's the most powerful person on the field. If it's average Sentry, then he is the "weakest" of the four. (And do not try to twist my words. I am not calling Sentry weak.)

BRB's "planet crushing hits" would work very well on the intangible Martian. I'm also sure they wouldn't be crushing Diana's bracers.

Also I disagree with your last point. The lasso would destroy Sentry's will/mind. If this isn't uber Sentry, Diana is taking him down. Then it is 2 against 1 and BRB can't stand up to both MM and WW. Conversely, I would not accept it as given that J'onn can't mess with Sentry's mind. There are those who believe J'onn is more powerful than Prof X and Emma. Diana has the defensive tools to hold of BRB until J'onn can finish off Sentry.

Also, team 2 is not just as fast.

Team 1 does have tools to win more than 1-2 fights.

I disagree on which Sentry this is. As long as he is ready to fight and is focused on winning then team two has this in the bag.

BRB planet crushing hits would hit Jonn since the Martian doesnt fight the entire time with intagibility. He very rarely does that and lets not forget CIS is on so he'll try to go H2H with Bill and would get crushed immediately (or Sentry).

So Diana is going to sit there and block all day against Bill? What if Bill conjure up a wild storm that has lightning from every angle attacking her, along with tornadoes, etc... and then while all of this is going on, he is attacking her physically with that planet crushing strength? WTF is Diana going to do, she cant block all of that.

Sentry isnt the weakest on the battlefied either, he IS the most powerful with or without his mindset and second would be BRB.

Warlord
yeah well...there are many parameters for the fight.

will diana fight bob or bill
if she fights bob will she try to lasso him or will she go fist fight?
and so on

my point is that even without uber sentry, if a serious sentry is used it is a very close battle and the marvel duo has some good chances too.

if bob approaches the fight as he did with herc and other jobbing incidents the loose hard

Sasaraixx
I disagree on which Sentry this is. As long as he is ready to fight and is focused on winning then team two has this in the bag.

BRB planet crushing hits would hit Jonn since the Martian doesnt fight the entire time with intagibility. He very rarely does that and lets not forget CIS is on so he'll try to go H2H with Bill and would get crushed immediately (or Sentry).

So Diana is going to sit there and block all day against Bill? What if Bill conjure up a wild storm that has lightning from every angle attacking her, along with tornadoes, etc... and then while all of this is going on, he is attacking her physically with that planet crushing strength? WTF is Diana going to do, she cant block all of that.

Sentry isnt the weakest on the battlefied either, he IS the most powerful with or without his mindset and second would be BRB.

So you are assuming that Team 2 is fighting intelligently at the absolute best of their abilities, despite CIS being on, but Team 1 isn't? That makes absolutely no sense.

And if Diana can handle the Shattered God, I don't think some lightning and tornadoes are going to bother her much. Not to mention that she is still faster than him. That coupled with the fact that if the bracers are crossed she doesn't have to block because none of it would get through her shield. And when did I say that all she would be doing is standing there and blocking? She is the best strategist on the field. She knows *how* to fight offensively and defensively.

It does matter which Sentry this is. You can have tremendous power but if you can't use it effectively, you'll still get beaten. He has been all over the place and with CIS on, I'm more inclined to believe he's not going to fight as smartly as you think. That is why I think it's important which Sentry it is.

Regardless, I'm not naive enough to think that this is a 8-9/10 win for either team.

carver9
So you are assuming that Team 2 is fighting intelligently at the absolute best of their abilities, despite CIS being on, but Team 1 isn't? That makes absolutely no sense.

And if Diana can handle the Shattered God, I don't think some lightning and tornadoes are going to bother her much. Not to mention that she is still faster than him. That coupled with the fact that if the bracers are crossed she doesn't have to block because none of it would get through her shield. And when did I say that all she would be doing is standing there and blocking? She is the best strategist on the field. She knows *how* to fight offensively and defensively.

It does matter which Sentry this is. You can have tremendous power but if you can't use it effectively, you'll still get beaten. He has been all over the place and with CIS on, I'm more inclined to believe he's not going to fight as smartly as you think. That is why I think it's important which Sentry it is.

Regardless, I'm not naive enough to think that this is a 8-9/10 win for either team.

I'm not saying that CIS would affect just one team, I'm saying that even when CIS is on, BRB does not hold back; he use all of his powers to the fullest. He kills and he start the battle off trying to kill you.

I dont think the speed in this fight would make a difference. All of them possess it. I think this fight is going to be based off of power, strength, and durability and team 2 has that in spades.

I agree about Sentry but using him at his norm, he could take on anyone on team 2 and I would give him the win. Using him at the ability of using his power, he would crush anyone on team 2 (and I'm not even using the recent MM feat, I'm talking about before then).

Sasaraixx
I think this fight is going to be based off of power, strength, and durability and team 2 has that in spades.

And to me, you ignore ignore MM's versatility and WW's weaponry, both of which make up for the above.

I agree about Sentry but using him at his norm, he could take on anyone on team 2 and I would give him the win.

That is where we disagree. I don't and that is how Team 1 would win.

Using him at the ability of using his power, he would crush anyone on team 2 (and I'm not even using the recent MM feat, I'm talking about before then).

The feats don't really support that conclusion and CIS is on here.

carver9
And to me, you ignore ignore MM's versatility and WW's weaponry, both of which make up for the above.

That is where we disagree. I don't and that is how Team 1 would win.

Using him at the ability of using his power, he would crush anyone on team 2 (and I'm not even using the recent MM feat, I'm talking about before then).

The feats don't really support that conclusion and CIS is on here.

I know of the martian versatility and it would be well played if he actually stayed intagible but since he enjoys going H2H, he would get crushed by anyone on team 2.

Wonder Womans weaponry is very impressive. I never said anyone on here would stomp her, I think martian is the weak link. Take CIS off and I would most def give it to team 1 because the martian would be a BEAST>

I guess we'll have to disagree then.

quanchi112
Originally posted by outavodka
and yet supes was snaged in Omac Ok? Your point?

Originally posted by Q99
I assume that 'him' was supposed to be Superman? Keep in mind that while in power, Sentry > Supes, in skill Supes >> Sentry, he's less likely to get in good hits than Kal, and far less aware of the threat of the lasso. Also that was Superman, all-out, full engines, totally enraged. Sentry doesn't start fights like that.

When Superman was enchanted by Circe to be Doomsday-like, Circe also sent an ally (Silver Swan, iirc) to grab the lasso at the start, and it still didn't prevent Wondy from retrieving it and using it to stop him. It depends on the Sentry's mindset. When norman told him to take care of Morgana he ripped her head off and impressed the entire team. Of course she came back through another time line, but the point is he ripped her head off before she could react.

Sasaraixx

I know of the martian versatility and it would be well played if he actually stayed intagible but since he enjoys going H2H, he would get crushed by anyone on team 2.

Wonder Womans weaponry is very impressive. I never said anyone on here would stomp her, I think martian is the weak link. Take CIS off and I would most def give it to team 1 because the martian would be a BEAST>

I guess we'll have to disagree then.

It's interesting because the way you feel about MM with CIS on is how I feel about Sentry with CIS on. That's the main point of our disagreement I think. To each his own of course.

Philosophía
Team 1.

kgkg
is this sarcasm or you believe that?
just wondering... No I'm serious if someone wants to debate on why a standard Sentry won't be able to hold his own we can go from there.

I just find it funny that if it's normal Sentry it becomes a stomp for team 1 for certain people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.