Late Night Wars and NBC's massive **** up. Discuss.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
I'd like to discuss the current late night television wars going on currently between Jay Leno and current host of the Tonight Show Conan O'Brien. If you don't live under a rock, you must have heard about Jay Leno's new show getting horrid ratings, and NBC attempting to fix their numbers by throwing Conan under the bus and putting Jay back in his old time slot (Where Conan is now).

Conan, having refused to changed time slots for the Tonight Show has gotten threatened by the head of NBC to do so or "he will not only ice Conan, but keep him off TV for 3 years." Now if you know anything about this ordeal, you should know that Jay Leno is being a douche because his new show failed horribly.

Points of interest:
-Every other late night host, on every other station is backing Conan and his decision.
-Hundreds of Actors are in support of Conan and his decision.
-Hundreds of thousands of viewers have come to support Conan in what they call "Team Conan."
And finally,
-Jay Leno is only furthering himself to look like a complete douche as this goes on.

In the end? NBC ****ed up hard.

vincent

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs169.snc3/19653_248772713772_248312408772_3283480_2473781_n.jpg

One Free Man
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WkZBVhlLNhg/SyZEuhwBiGI/AAAAAAAACJw/Q4VkqYNsUQM/s400/cease_faggotry.jpg

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by One Free Man
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WkZBVhlLNhg/SyZEuhwBiGI/AAAAAAAACJw/Q4VkqYNsUQM/s400/cease_faggotry.jpg

Posts the person who in their profile has a list of people they think are idiots on the forum with Bardock on said list? Go back to the OTF before I slap you and your retarded picture.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Posts the person who in their profile has a list of people they think are idiots on the forum with Bardock on said list? Go back to the OTF before I slap you and your retarded picture. Just because you think that bardock is the end all Jesus H. Christ of humor doesn't mean everyone else does.

I'm sure your friends don't need you acting as a douche-bag meat shield for them either. If they do, then you are not a friend, you are their lacky.

If bardock felt so offended that I thought he was an arsehole douche-bag used tampon with no balls and a side of sperm in his arse, he would have come on the forum and defended himself.

One Free Man

you said it all right here. And your pic is more retarded.

Bicnarok

Vinny Valentine

§P0oONY
I'm with team Coco

§P0oONY
That is only because I've never seen a Leno show.... And I've seen one Conan show. (which just happened to be the Gervais one aired yesterday or something)

Jack Daniels
one free man ....that sig would rule if you had them choking each other...cant sell out shatner like that...lol

WickedDynamite
All this hype to get more viewers to watch these two has beens...no thanks...I had to choose...give me Jimmy.

AsbestosFlaygon
Um...

Ellen DeGeneres FTW

AbnormalButSane
Perhaps Conan should suck it up and take this as a life lesson. People consistently get screwed over in the real world, not just him.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
Perhaps Conan should suck it up and take this as a life lesson. People consistently get screwed over in the real world, not just him.

So no one should fight injustice?

AbnormalButSane
Not necessarily, but I mean, it's hardly injustice. He should have tried to garner a larger audience, instead of blaming Jay Leno for the network's decision.

Perhaps if all of TeamConan had actually been watching The Tonight Show at the beginning, Conan's ratings would have been good enough to establish his time slot without all the controversy.

Edit: I don't even know why I'm arguing about this. I just think Conan should be a man and suck it up or move on. I read somewhere that he might go to Fox. And perhaps that would be better for his career.

leonheartmm
conan>leno

ferguson>all american talkshows{with the exception of real time}..chelsea is nice too

the myriad of brit talkshows are greater than mostly any american counterpart{parkinson/ross/that guy who used to be the drag queen....}

Bicnarok
I hate talk shows, reality shows and all that sort of crap.

Only watch sport, Dr House & the news (and movies on DVD or Cinema)

One Free Man
You're an idiot.

No, you.
It's still retarded.

Darth Jello
So guy leaves show to his successor and gets an earlier late night show, especially when research shows that most people change the channel after his monologue.

New guy who had a successful show takes over new show and is more or less successful while first guy starts to really stink it up.

Network realizes the the first guy is shitting it up, so they decide to push him to his original time slot and push the successful show, which by the way is called The TONIGHT Show into TOMORROW.
Yeah, that seems fair.

BackFire
NBC is failing across the board. I love Conan and think it's really stupid that they didn't give him more time to generate viewers for the Tonight Show. His brand of humor is different than Leno and so it is going to take time for viewers to adapt.

Frankly though, I think Conan should jump ship and go to Fox or something. NBC is going down the shitter, hard.

BruceSkywalker
NBC fracked up royally when they forced Leno off of 11: 35 pm to put Conan there... then when ABC wanted to pair Leno with Kimmel that is when NBC decided to give Leno the 10 pm hour, how NBC is forced to let Conan go over to FOX and put Jeno put where he should have never left

shiv
breaks my heart

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by BackFire
NBC is failing across the board. I love Conan and think it's really stupid that they didn't give him more time to generate viewers for the Tonight Show. His brand of humor is different than Leno and so it is going to take time for viewers to adapt.

Frankly though, I think Conan should jump ship and go to Fox or something. NBC is going down the shitter, hard.

Very true.

Bardock42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27LDh7BBK_4&feature=player_embedded

I like how it ties these two threads nicely together, and therefore will post it in both of them.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t523489.html

Ordo
Conan got screwed. Not only did he wait patiently for his show, but NBC directly sabotaged The Tonight Show by putting same-stuff-different-time Leno directly infront of it. They ship the entire crew, their families, out to LA for 7 months (kids switching schools, spouses seaking new jobs) and then they cancel it?! Conan didnt even get time to get rolling.

My friend works for a local NBC station, they all hated Leno's show and its their angst that prompted NBC to review the situation. Instead though, NBC blames Conan (I know his ratings, but see sabotage above) and act like Jay is a saint. I hope Leno and NBC are permenantly damaged. Kudos to Kimmel for taking Leno to task, to his face.

Vinny Valentine
http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/leno-conan-tonight-show-yours-13102

jaden101
Can't say i've ever been interested in the US talk shows. The only person I've thought was any good is Craig Ferguson. Particularly his piece about Britney Spears.

7bbaRyDLMvA

Mr. Rhythmic

I'd like to discuss the current late night television wars going on currently between Jay Leno and current host of the Tonight Show Conan O'Brien. If you don't live under a rock, you must have heard about Jay Leno's new show getting horrid ratings, and NBC attempting to fix their numbers by throwing Conan under the bus and putting Jay back in his old time slot (Where Conan is now).

Conan, having refused to changed time slots for the Tonight Show has gotten threatened by the head of NBC to do so or "he will not only ice Conan, but keep him off TV for 3 years." Now if you know anything about this ordeal, you should know that Jay Leno is being a douche because his new show failed horribly.

Points of interest:
-Every other late night host, on every other station is backing Conan and his decision.
-Hundreds of Actors are in support of Conan and his decision.
-Hundreds of thousands of viewers have come to support Conan in what they call "Team Conan."
And finally,
-Jay Leno is only furthering himself to look like a complete douche as this goes on.

vincent

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs169.snc3/19653_248772713772_248312408772_3283480_2473781_n.jpg

Ferguson is the end all.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Ordo
Conan got screwed. Not only did he wait patiently for his show, but NBC directly sabotaged The Tonight Show by putting same-stuff-different-time Leno directly infront of it. They ship the entire crew, their families, out to LA for 7 months (kids switching schools, spouses seaking new jobs) and then they cancel it?! Conan didnt even get time to get rolling.

My friend works for a local NBC station, they all hated Leno's show and its their angst that prompted NBC to review the situation. Instead though, NBC blames Conan (I know his ratings, but see sabotage above) and act like Jay is a saint. I hope Leno and NBC are permenantly damaged. Kudos to Kimmel for taking Leno to task, to his face.

Wasn't the real issue that Leno was being beaten by other shows in his timeslot because a majority of his viewers for the last decade or so tend to change the channel after the monologue and/or Roadside Attractions With Kevin Smith (in the earlier years)? And now that the show is on earlier, most people find the competition is better and Leno isn't worth the 5 or so minutes. So they're sabotaging the Tonight Show with another hour long show to preserve 5 minutes of viewership...

Did Jon Peters somehow become secret president of NBC? Is Leno's cohost going to be a giant spider?

MrFuller
You see how Conan used $1.5 million of NBC's money last night in a 1-minute bit? Amazing.

WickedDynamite
Well, it's now official

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-tonight-show-with-conan-o-39-brien/show/44070/news/tv-news.en.ap.org/tv-news.en.ap.org-20100121-us_tv_leno_o_brien

Best of luck Conan....

BackFire
Gonna be funny when Leno comes back and no one watches/cares.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.