Colossus' durability vs the durability of these powerhouses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Luke Cage
Emma Frost(Diamond form)
Namor
Thing
Hulk(NO HF)
Thor

as i recall when warlock blasted colossus and thor they was equally as damaged

carver9
Well, its kind of hard to damage colossus. Every time he gets hit pretty hard, he reverts back to his human persona. To me, Colossus is pretty much as durable as you can get but his blunt force damage soak is kind of terrible.

Warlord
namor yes more or less...
hulk....maybe but hulks hf takes him to a completely another level
thor no way

carver9
Originally posted by Warlord
thor no way

I agree with this BUT give colossus the same type of "blunt force taking" as thor then I would put colossus above him.

I dont see colossus getting damaged much if at all and he has been punched/hit by some of the strongest beings. His blunt force is just shi* but his durability (scratches/wounds) is the best.

JakeTheBank
What is Colossus' greatest durability feat?

Mindset
Originally posted by Warlord
thor no way

The Nuul
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t346614.html

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
What is Colossus' greatest durability feat? well when adam warlock killed all the heroes an blast (including the likes of thor and hulk) he was the only one least damaged .
also he has walked into the core of a planet with no damage.
survive re entry into a planet from space all the way down into a concrete floor with absolutley no damage( he cant fly)survived a full lightning blast by storm and was unaffected

Mindset
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
well when adam warlock killed all the heroes an blast (including the likes of thor and hulk) he was the only one intact .
When was this?

Got a scan?

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset
When was this?

Got a scan?

Secret wars but they werent dead, they was just koed.

Colossus-Big C
When was this?

Got a scan? he was the least damaged

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
What is Colossus' greatest durability feat?

Never being injured.

But always tend to get koed by blunt attack (heavy hitters in hulks caliber).

Anything else, colossus wont have a scratch on his body and lets not even talk about magic not having any kind of effect on him.

Colossus durability is the best but those knock on the head is his weakness.

Mindset
Originally posted by carver9
Secret wars but they werent dead, they was just koed. Warlock wasn't in Secret Wars.

carver9
he was the least damaged

He didnt have a scratch. Still was pearly silver.

carver9
Warlock wasn't in Secret Wars.

I know, he added that part.

Colossus-Big C
I know, he added that part. i thought it was wrlock, who was it?

Mindset
I know, he added that part. What is this.

I don't even.

Mindset
he was the least damaged That didn't answer either one of my questions.

Colossus-Big C
Is this from the new Xmen 2010 movie?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37527/823227-colossus_midres_super.jpg

snoopdogg
Secret wars but they werent dead, they was just koed. They all died only to be brought by by Zajji or whatever that b!thes name was. And the narration said that Colossus was the least damaged in that group which included Thor, Hulk, and Thing iirc.

snoopdogg

Colossus durability is the best but those knock on the head is his weakness. Do explain.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Do explain. he gets knocked out, even tho he doesnt get hurt. people like hulk can take many pucnhes with out being knocked out

snoopdogg
he gets knocked out, even tho he doesnt get hurt. people like hulk can take many pucnhes with out being knocked out Who kayoed Colossus?

carver9
Do explain.

Example:

Juggernaut can pull his arm all the way back and punch Colossus and Hulk in the face.

Colossus would pass out but would still be sparkly clean without a scratch and hulk would still be standing with a busted, bruised face.

carver9
Who kayoed Colossus?

Well, some of the showings that I'm basing my judgement off of is his earlier showings.

If his damage soak has gotten better and he can now hang with numerous of 100 tons punches to the noggin then I dont think anyone is more durable than him and thats being honest but since I know that his head is his weak spot then his blunt force is his weakness.

Colossus-Big C
Who kayoed Colossus? juggernaut has i believe.

Colossus-Big C
Example:

Juggernaut can pull his arm all the way back and punch Colossus and Hulk in the face.

Colossus would pass out but would still be sparkly clean without a scratch and hulk would still be standing with a busted, bruised face. Exactly

snoopdogg
juggernaut has i believe. I don't think he has. He came close when big C was drunk but Pitor wasn't kayoed.

carver9
I don't think he has. He came close when big C was drunk but Pitor wasn't kayoed.

He was koed because wolverine paid Juggernaut for knocking that a** out but it doesnt matter about that KO. That was a younger, less strong colossus. Recent colossus has as of yet to be koed except when Shaw absorbed all of his punches and hammer shot him in both ears with all of his might koing him but I think that tactic would work on almost anyone. sad

snoopdogg
He was koed because wolverine paid Juggernaut for knocking that a** out but it doesnt matter about that KO. That was a younger, less strong colossus. Recent colossus has as of yet to be koed except when Shaw absorbed all of his punches and hammer shot him in both ears with all of his might koing him but I think that tactic would work on almost anyone. sad Do you read comics?

carver9
Do you read comics?

LOL, yeah, why you ask that? Did I say something wrong?

Colossus-Big C
Is this from the new Xmen 2010 movie?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37527/823227-colossus_midres_super.jpg

snoopdogg
LOL, yeah, why you ask that? Did I say something wrong? Most everything in that post was wrong.

1. Logan didn't pay Juggernaut.
2. Big C wasn't kayoed.
3. Colossus never fought Shaw in that issue.

carver9

I dont know.

carver9
Most everything in that post was wrong.

1. Logan didn't pay Juggernaut.
2. Big C wasn't kayoed.
3. Colossus never fought Shaw in that issue.

Ok, so that wasnt a real fight between Colossus and Shaw (when everyone was surprised to see colossus because they thought he was dead. It was during his ressurrection).

Wait a sec on that colossus fight, I think we are talking about two different comics. I might be wrong on the pay thingy BUT I'm pretty sure colossus was koed.

carver9
Went back and looked at the fight and I was right. He was temporarily koed but he was KTFO.

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/UXM%20183/?action=view&current=uxm183pg19.jpg
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/UXM%20183/?action=view&current=uxm183pg20.jpg
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/UXM%20183/?action=view&current=uxm183pg21.jpg

snoopdogg
Went back and looked at the fight and I was right. He was temporarily koed but he was KTFO.

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/UXM%20183/?action=view&current=uxm183pg19.jpg
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/UXM%20183/?action=view&current=uxm183pg20.jpg
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/UXM%20183/?action=view&current=uxm183pg21.jpg Wasn't that the fight where he was so drunk he could barely stand? Is there a scan showing him unarmored also?

carver9
Wasn't that the fight where he was so drunk he could barely stand? Is there a scan showing him unarmored also?

I cant find a scan for that one but I know I can remember it. It was during the time the morlocks invaded the xmansion and this girl end up tapping colossus on the shoulder. She then punch him when he turns around, sending him through a couple of walls and he revert back to his human persona, knocked out.

The colossus that fought Juggernaut (the scan that I put up), he was just fine. He was jumping at juggernaut, bear hugging him, etc...

Mindset
What would him being drunk have to do with when he is transformed?

Can he be drunk then?

snoopdogg
I cant find a scan for that one but I know I can remember it. It was during the time the morlocks invaded the xmansion and this girl end up tapping colossus on the shoulder. She then punch him when he turns around, sending him through a couple of walls and he revert back to his human persona, knocked out.

The colossus that fought Juggernaut (the scan that I put up), he was just fine. He was jumping at juggernaut, bear hugging him, etc... And was Colossus in his human persona at any time during his bar fight with Juggernaut?

carver9
And was Colossus in his human persona at any time during his bar fight with Juggernaut?

What does him being human have to do with anything? He was koed; it was a temporary ko, nothing like the one hitter, long, knock the hell out ko but he was sleep for a bit, so I'm guessing thats the reason he didnt go human.

Colossus-Big C

Can he be drunk then? didnt look like it

Mindset

Can he be drunk then? snoop?

Silent Master
Never being injured.

But always tend to get koed by blunt attack (heavy hitters in hulks caliber).

Anything else, colossus wont have a scratch on his body and lets not even talk about magic not having any kind of effect on him.

Colossus durability is the best but those knock on the head is his weakness.

Pete Wisdom has injured him before.

carver9

The colossus that fought Juggernaut (the scan that I put up), he was just fine. He was jumping at juggernaut, bear hugging him, etc...

Correction to this post. It wasnt the morlocks that invaded the xmansion, it was the mauraders.

My bad.

carver9
Originally posted by Silent Master
Pete Wisdom has injured him before.

show me because to my knowledge pete wisdom TRIED injuring colossus but failed.

snoopdogg
show me because to my knowledge pete wisdom TRIED injuring colossus but failed. He injured Colossus.

snoopdogg
snoop? Not sure. Are you assuming Colossus heals himself when he transforms?

carver9
He injured Colossus.

Is there any scans of this because I dont remember that happening and how did he injure him and if he did it was pis since everything else seems to fail against that metal.

snoopdogg
Is there any scans of this because I dont remember that happening and how did he injure him and if he did it was pis since everything else seems to fail against that metal. This was from a story when an enraged Colossus was beating up Pete Wisom physically and his punches didn't even hardly hurt Wisdom. So take that with a grain of salt.

carver9
Not sure. Are you assuming Colossus heals himself when he transforms?

Pretty much. His insides is as durable as his outside so its safe to say that he does not get drunk.

This is a guy that does not need to eat, drink, or sleep. Alcohol means nothing to him.

Mindset
Not sure. Are you assuming Colossus heals himself when he transforms? I assuming his transformation alters his physiology, which is why he doesn't need to eat, etc.

carver9
This was from a story when an enraged Colossus was beating up Pete Wisom physically and his punches didn't even hardly hurt Wisdom. So take that with a grain of salt.

PIS to the fullest.

snoopdogg
Do you guys think that if Piotr was hit in human form and dizzy that if he transformed he would be normal?

Mindset
Sure.

carver9
Do you guys think that if Piotr was hit in human form and dizzy that if he transformed he would be normal?

Yes, its a transformation, basically a regeneration.

Silent Master
He used his plamsa knives, which IIRC were stated to be hotter than the sun.

carver9
He used his plamsa knives, which IIRC were stated to be hotter than the sun.

Ok, well that makes sense.

redhotrash
Holding something hotter than the sun makes sense?

snoopdogg

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Battle/UXM%20183/?action=view&current=uxm183pg21.jpg Hey do you have the scan of Colossus breaking Juggies grip to avoid being smashed from that fight?

-Pr-
well when adam warlock killed all the heroes an blast (including the likes of thor and hulk) he was the only one least damaged .
also he has walked into the core of a planet with no damage.
survive re entry into a planet from space all the way down into a concrete floor with absolutley no damage( he cant fly)survived a full lightning blast by storm and was unaffected

he conducts elecriticity.

also, colossus has been pierced before, during the morlock massacre...

redhotrash
Hes been slashed by Wolverine and only had sparks fly off. Hard to say really. In AOA he was killed by Gambit's cards.

Silent Master
Originally posted by redhotrash
Holding something hotter than the sun makes sense?

He shoots them out of his hands.

nicamarvin
Example:

Colossus would pass out but would still be sparkly clean without a scratch and hulk would still be standing with a busted, bruised face. We all Know Juggernau can bust hulk....but I bet he could reduce Colussus to a scrap metal if given enough time.... cool

redhotrash
Being within thousands of miles from the sun would incinerate you, no? Hows he shooting them out?

Colossus-Big C
He used his plamsa knives, which IIRC were stated to be hotter than the sun. makes sence

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by -Pr-

also, colossus has been pierced before, during the morlock massacre... by who and how

Silent Master
Originally posted by redhotrash
Being within thousands of miles from the sun would incinerate you, no? Hows he shooting them out?

Mutants are generally immune to their own energy powers, or those of close family members.

Examples being Scott and Alex Summers or Sean and Tom Cassidy

StiltmanFTW
by who and how

Shurikens thrown by Riptide.

redhotrash
Mutants are generally immune to their own energy powers, or those of close family members.

Examples being Scott and Alex Summers or Sean and Tom Cassidy

And how does that help anyone remotely near him?

Silent Master
I wish there was an answer that made more sense, but.........that's comics for you.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Shurikens thrown by Riptide. PIS.... mad

snoopdogg
Originally posted by nicamarvin
PIS.... mad In their 2nd encounter his shurikens did nothing but bounce off Colossus. That was after Mags altered his body.

Colossus-Big C
yea colossus was upgraded by mags hes even more durable now

BUSTER1
i thought it was wrlock, who was it?

In Secret Wars it was Dr.Doom, with the Beyonder's power, who blasted the heroes.

HTH

KingD19
Colossus wasn't ko'd in the barfight because he was still metal, he turns human when he's ko'd.

And yeah, a human with Colossus pounding on him, intent to kill, should not walk away, much less walk away with nothing but a bloody lip, some bruises and some scratches, PIS.

And during the barfight, Colossus was already piss drunk when he spilled his beer on Juggernaut, he was still drunk I'm assuming when the fight started.

And Big C, that pic you put up is from the X-Men the movie videogame, it's from the sequence where you play as Wolverine, and help Colossus fight goons, and he's apparently vulnerable to shock sticks.

And while Colossus does conduct electricity, it doesn't hurt him, he tanked Storms lightning until the platform he was standing on was melting, he also was thrown into a bolt of lightning/energy by Rogue, and he was unharmed.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-

also, colossus has been pierced before, during the morlock massacre...

He's been upgraded by a gap since then. That was young colossus.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Shurikens thrown by Riptide.

He's been upgraded since then. Wasnt he a 70 tonner back then.

snoopdogg
Correction to this post. It wasnt the morlocks that invaded the xmansion, it was the mauraders.

My bad. What issue was this again?

Q99
Something I'll note: When Colossus is in metal, he's metal all the way through. He has no vital organs to speak of. As shown by EXiles Mimic, one could *really* mess him up and as long as he stayed in metal form, he'd survive. Stuff like superheating him, likewise, just stay in metal until cooled down.

carver9
What issue was this again?

I forgot the issue#, I have been looking for it since I brought it up.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Q99
Something I'll note: When Colossus is in metal, he's metal all the way through. He has no vital organs to speak of. As shown by EXiles Mimic, one could *really* mess him up and as long as he stayed in metal form, he'd survive. Stuff like superheating him, likewise, just stay in metal until cooled down. Didn't Mimic only get half of Colossus' strength and durability?

snoopdogg
I forgot the issue#, I have been looking for it since I brought it up. Was it recent?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Q99
Something I'll note: When Colossus is in metal, he's metal all the way through. He has no vital organs to speak of. As shown by EXiles Mimic, one could *really* mess him up and as long as he stayed in metal form, he'd survive. Stuff like superheating him, likewise, just stay in metal until cooled down. yes there is only 1 way to kill colossus.

1.destroy all his body.
hes had his metal heart ripped out and wasnt dead.
he was stabbed through his heart and wasnt dead.

i wouldnt be suprised if his head was cut off and he stayed alive as long as he stayed armored up. some one would have to mold his body parts back to him.

Badabing
The best ways for threads like this not to get closed are:

-Make a durability gauntlet thread.

-Don't ask a question in the thread title.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Badabing
The best ways for threads like this not to get closed are:

-Make a durability gauntlet thread.

-Don't ask a question in the thread title. change the OP to
Who is more durable.

Colossus
Luke Cage
Emma Frost(Diamond form)
Namor
Thing
Hulk(NO HF)
Thor

Badabing
change the OP to
Who is more durable. You don not order me around. sneer

stick out tongue

Colossus
Namor
Thing
Hulk(NO HF)
Thor Done.

carver9
change the OP to
Who is more durable.

Colossus
Luke Cage
Emma Frost(Diamond form)
Namor
Thing
Hulk(NO HF)
Thor

It depends on the type of durability taking you are asking about.

Piercing, Colossus is better than all of them.

Damage soak: Thor and Hulk has him beat by a huge gap.

Colossus-Big C
It depends on the type of durability taking you are asking about.

Piercing, Colossus is better than all of them.

Damage soak: Thor and Hulk has him beat by a huge gap. yea hulk has been cut by a sword i believe

KillAll
Originally posted by KingD19
Colossus wasn't ko'd in the barfight because he was still metal, he turns human when he's ko'd.

And yeah, a human with Colossus pounding on him, intent to kill, should not walk away, much less walk away with nothing but a bloody lip, some bruises and some scratches, PIS.

And during the barfight, Colossus was already piss drunk when he spilled his beer on Juggernaut, he was still drunk I'm assuming when the fight started.

And Big C, that pic you put up is from the X-Men the movie videogame, it's from the sequence where you play as Wolverine, and help Colossus fight goons, and he's apparently vulnerable to shock sticks.

And while Colossus does conduct electricity, it doesn't hurt him, he tanked Storms lightning until the platform he was standing on was melting, he also was thrown into a bolt of lightning/energy by Rogue, and he was unharmed.

juggernaut has knocked colossus out another time also. colossus stayed armored up but was completely limp at the hands of juggernaut, i'll get back with an issue number...

Jynocidus
I seen X-Cutioner rip him almost in half from armored form.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by KillAll
juggernaut has knocked colossus out another time also. colossus stayed armored up but was completely limp at the hands of juggernaut, i'll get back with an issue number... Colossus was kayoed in that fight. But it wasn't from Juggernaut. That was also before he was written as turning human after being kayoed. Originally posted by Jynocidus
I seen X-Cutioner rip him almost in half from armored form. Yep. He was using some uber cosmic weapon iirc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.