Immune To HIV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
If you were immune to HIV would you have sex with some one who has it?
if that person was very attractive and all.

if you had a child with someone who has hiv would that child be half immune or something confused

Mandrag Ganon
Well, if I were immune, and that's all she had...then I see no reason not to... unless she didn't want to...

Wild Shadow
i wouldnt be immune as much as i would like to.... im not from a small town in Europe whose ancestors develop an immunity thx to surviving the black plague

but the answer is no, simply b/c i have standards and you would need to question what kinda ppl she was sleeping with before you aids is not the only disease you need to worry about.

WickedDynamite
Donate my body to science...so that they can find a cure.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Donate my body to science...so that they can find a cure.

before or after they pay you 100's of million of dollars possibly billions and patents?

also if you ever had blood drawn in a hospital or had surgery they probably already checked and used it in experiments without you knowing....

besides their already are Hiv anomaly ppl with immunity.... wink

King Kandy
Yeah... why not? IMO it would be pretty stupid to not do it, even without any risk, just because you thought AIDS was icky.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
before or after they pay you 100's of million of dollars possibly billions and patents?

Hahaha!!! Yeah, gotta live the good life. stick out tongue

The Dark Cloud
If I was immune? Sure, why not?

Bardock42
Would I still be a carrier?

lord xyz
Immune to the disease that cause acquired immune deficiency syndrome?

Woah, heavy.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

if you had a child with someone who has hiv would that child be half immune or something confused

This should be in the OTF.

Ordo
besides their already are Hiv anomaly ppl with immunity.... wink

No, there are people that seem to be resistant to infection, or those that never develop AIDS despite having HIV. However, this should not be confused with "immunity." To my knoweldge, no one has been scientifically proven to be immune form HIV.

Originally posted by Bardock42
Would I still be a carrier?
Infectious. You cant be a carrier of a virus. The term carrier applies to heterozygotes with one allele for a recessive trait.

But smart boy.

Dumb. Just plain dumb.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Ordo
No, there are people that seem to be resistant to infection, or those that never develop AIDS despite having HIV. However, this should not be confused with "immunity." To my knoweldge, no one has been scientifically proven to be immune form HIV.

dont correct me...... i hate when i get question....... especially when i read and saw reports about it and people who have had their blood taken for study without their concent and have tried to sue......

i may not remember where i saw them or which magazine or tv station did it but it has bn printed and televised various times...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sci_tech/highlights/011025_ccr5.shtml

now apologize and kiss the hand

Ordo

Wild Shadow
Dont try to cloud the issue...........

are their ppl that can be infected with a strain of HIV and their body fight back the infection? yes....

i am aware of various forms of HIV..... and ur analogy to the cold or flu virus doesnt really discredit what i was saying...

all u were doing is trying to do is define what true immunity truly is...

so i guess ur right no one is truly immune of any virus or bacteria b/c it is still carried in the blood stream and it takes time for a body to locate and build a proper defense....

i guess that is not immunity so you win... i guess we need to rename certain program like immunizations and what not since no one is actually given immunity but rather are given resistance and tolerance....

people like you give me a head ache along with lawyers and politicians..... you try to redefine what is truth to suit ur stance......

your the type of people who argue the difference between joggng and running and try to discredit ppl as liars for not differentiating the small difference if their was one to begin with.. miffed

Ordo
i guess that is not immunity so you win...

Excellent.

Pointing out the difference between resistance and immunity is not some sort of trickery. Its fact. If you dont understand that scientific concepts have very precise meanings, then you, like the BBC, should educate yourselves.

jaden101
Dont try to cloud the issue...........

are their ppl that can be infected with a strain of HIV and their body fight back the infection? yes....

There were reported cases of babies being born with HIV from their infected mothers and subsequently testing negative a couple of months down the line. I don't think it was ever investigated properly though.

I vaguely remember reading something about fetal blood being a possible cause. I don't know much beyond fetal blood differing by having gamma instead of beta subunits and it having a higher affinity for oxygen.

Never really paid that much attention to the research as I presumed it would turn out to be bullshit (and given that nothing else has come of it then I guess I was right).

dadudemon

WhiskeyGirl

You obviously do not understand what HIV/AIDS is if you could post something as stupid as this. no expression

Darth Jello
Ah, another Colossus Big-C thread what-if thread. This game is really something more for podcasting.

I know I'm in the minority here but even if I was immune to HIV, I'd still use a condom because that's what I know, that's what I'm used to, and I still don't want to get any of the other wonderful VD's that are out there.

inimalist
Originally posted by dadudemon
I think saying one is "resistant" or has "partial immunity/virtual immunity" is all the same.

I'm out of my depth on this convo, but I assume it would be like saying someone who isn't getting sick due to heard immunity is actually immune to said sickness.

Darth Jello
Wait, does this scenario also assume that she's on the pill and/or you've had a vasectomy?

inimalist
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Wait, does this scenario also assume that she's on the pill and/or you've had a vasectomy?

i was going to reply with something about a condom stopping more aids babbies to your last post

Sabu935
Well yeah,if I had immunity.I don't see why not to **** them.

Darth Jello
Couldn't you still be a carrier?

Bardock42
Couldn't you still be a carrier?

DUMBASS!!! YOU WOULDN'T BE A CARRIER YOU'D BE INFECTIOUS DUHHHH!!!

Darth Jello
Don't make me post more pictures of you from people of walmart!!!

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/838.jpg

Bardock42
Don't make me post more pictures of you from people of walmart!!!

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/838.jpg

Oh please do, I love Walmart.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.