Questions about the army.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
1.If your commanding officer orders you to do something illegal.
Can you say no? or he can shoot/Or punish you
If you say yes would you be held for that crime.

2. (I got this from a movie) Is it possible that someone in a squad of sodiers accidentally drop a grenade next to the squad when trying to throw it?

3. Is it true that if a person points a gun at you even on accident that you MUST shot him or you loose all dignity.

4. How Much ammo does a typical soldier carry on his person.

5. What happens if you run out of ammo in a hot spot

Ordo
Soldiers are different.

Can you stop making threads?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Ordo
Soldiers are different.

i was watching this thing on history channel about these soldiers who are facing life sentences on a federal prison. can this be false?

Ordo
Cannot it not be false?

Wild Shadow
@ colossus big c

how old are you?

jaden101
Cannot it not be false?

laughing

Bardock42
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
@ colossus big c

how old are you? Funny you'd mention it, I just partook in a most splendid conversation along those lines.

Colossus-Big C
Cannot it not be false? I Presume

Wild Shadow
anyways all ur questions are subjective and depends on the individual military personal...... as well as situation.... and standing order.....

usually a grunt will carry M16 or M14 with 6 mags each capable of holding 30 rounds....

i personally only loaded 25 or 28 rounds in my mags... and kept a small baby mag for my extra rounds....

i also carried a side arm 9 mil clip loaded... with 3 extra clips on the side of my leg i actually cant remember how many rounds were in my clip i think it 9.. i'm embarrassed to admit i forgot....

optional 3 grenades or more if needed for mission

also depending on your MOS you might actually be given a different weapon as part of a fire team like a saw and grenade launcher attachment and a i think three boxes of ammo...

also it depends if your part of a bigger unit with support they could carry all your extra ammo in a tank or humvees and Convoy........

if you run out of ammo you use ur bayonet or any weapon that is avialable its called wpn of opportunity

Bardock42
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

2. (I got this from a movie) Is it possible that someone in a squad of sodiers accidentally drop a grenade next to the squad when trying to throw it?

I can answer this one. Yes...why in the world wouldn't it be?

Wild Shadow
i actually threw a grenade baseball style and hit the berm that i was behind the grenade bounce up at an angle and for a second me and another marine though it was going to bounce back and land too close to us.... it was my mistake because i didnt throw it as instructed to which is a sissy over hand that we in the military refer as the superman pose.....

Colossus-Big C
i actually threw a grenade baseball style and hit the berm that i was behind the grenade bounce up at an angle and for a second me and another marine though it was going to bounce back and land too close to us.... it was my mistake because i didnt throw it as instructed to which is a sissy over hand that we in the military refer the superman pose..... the thing is my brother is in the military, and he refuses to tell me anything about. Im interested in hearing all the stories soldiers come back with. cool

Ms.Marvel
usually a grunt will carry M16 or M14 with 6 mags each capable of holding 30 rounds....

M14? did you mean an m4?

Wild Shadow
the thing is my brother is in the military, and he refuses to tell me anything about. Im interested in hearing all the stories soldiers come back with. cool

well what is your brothers MOS in other words what is his Job?

is he combat active? or is he a desk jockey or a mechanic of some sort?

maybe he doesnt want to tell you b/c their is nothing to tell... maybe he is bored out of his mind that nothing happens....

ms. marvel

oops... my bad, i didnt notice.... yes an m4 collapsable buttstock.. i think they are standard issue for army not just yet for marines.. sorry,,,

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
M14? did you mean an m4? are there still jamming/overheating problems with the m16?

jaden101
the thing is my brother is in the military, and he refuses to tell me anything about. Im interested in hearing all the stories soldiers come back with. cool

I could tell you a few of my brothers.

Like how, after an IED attack, he was ordered to go and pick up all the parts of his dead best friend and organise and place them into his dress uniform for the funeral.

Or his other friend who took an RPG round straight through his chest.

Or the time he went out on patrol in Iraq when all the kids used to run up to him asking for gifts and the troops always used to give out pencils and paper because the kids went nuts for it...He spoke to one of the 10 year old boys briefly and when they returned down the same street later after their patrol the same boy had been hanged from a street light for talking to him.

Or one of the 17 year old boys in his unit who shot and killed a mother guarding her baby in a split second reaction during a raid on a house and subsequently he committed suicide out of guilt for the incident.

Nice stories eh?

Colossus-Big C
well what is your brothers MOS in ither words what is his Job?

is he combat active? or is he a desk jockey or a mechanic of some sort?

maybe he doesnt want to tell you b/c their is nothing to tell... maybe he is bored out of his mind that nothing happens.... Special Operation Forces

jaden101
Super Army Soldiers.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by jaden101
Super Army Soldiers. whats that? your in that or your replying to one of my post?

Wild Shadow
are there still jamming/overheating problems with the m16?

majority of weapons jam at one time or another... i had it jam i think 3 times in 4 yrs on two separate rifles that were issued to me..

it is about taking care and cleaning ur wpn and also they are old, i am talking about Vietnam old....

the real old ones are used in boot camp and they are treated like garbage so those jam all the time..

jaden101
whats that? your in that or your replying to one of my post?

It's an "extras" reference. Highly amusing.

Wild Shadow
okay lets move on to following orders.........

well some of us have taken an oath to follow any and all lawful order..... which that in itself sounds self explanatory but what is a lawful order?

i mean violating American sovereign law should be obvious but what laws actually extent to other countries?

i mean technically you can kill someone in another country and not be in violation of ur countries laws....

but your also told to follow ur host countries laws but we dont actually do that when it is not in our interest which means we actually kidnap and arrest certain ppl and detain them for questions....

lets just say it is very subjective....

but during war yes, ur officer or anyone can shoot u for not following orders but i dont think anyone has done that since nam. if modern soldiers were to pull some sh^% like that he would not only have to face an inquiry and the news media.

but, he will be lucky if his men dont shoot him as well for killing one of their friends who is probably a junior baby grunt and is more liked then an officer although respected may not truly fit in with his unit due to officer rank....

their is a little animosity between officers and enlisted in the military.. i actually had a conversation with one of my men jokingly if he ever had a wpn pulled by our commanding offficer i would have his back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.