Sherlock Holmes vs. Rorschach

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
In the events in the Watchmen movie, Holmes is investigating the death of the Comedian. Worrying that Holmes may have him exposed, Ozymandias frames Sherlock and he gets arrested. At the prison, Holmes's cell mate is Rorschach. Driven by prison madness, the two fight eachother.

1: Knockout
2: Fight to the death

Will the world's greatest detective be able to defend himself from Rorschach or will the crime fighting vigilante beat Sherlock to a bloody pulp?

jinXed by JaNx
I don't remember Holmes fighting more than two at a time. I think i remember him fighting two people at once but inkdots cleared roomfuls. I don't think Holmes could react fast enough inkdot or even has the endurance to last against him in any scenario.

XanatosForever
I think this is spite. Both characters are experienced with fighting, and aren't afraid to fight dirty, but Rorschach has a vicious streak to him that Holmes can't compare to. Holmes gets killed, in both scenarios.

Darth Martin
I think Holmes is the slightly better tactitian, smarter, and faster. Rorschach is infinitely more brutal and alot more durable. He's faced much tougher combatants. Veidt>>>the giant in Holmes' film.

KingD19
If Holmes fights like Holmes, he'll break Rorscharch till he can't fight anymore.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I think this is spite. Both characters are experienced with fighting, and aren't afraid to fight dirty, but Rorschach has a vicious streak to him that Holmes can't compare to. Holmes gets killed, in both scenarios.

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh Oh man, I literally choke on my food every time crylaugh

Utrigita
Rorschach for the easy win.

Blinky
Rorschach beats Holmes to a bloody pulp -- then walks away disgusted and calls the beaten Holmes a "Sodomite".

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by KingD19
If Holmes fights like Holmes, he'll break Rorscharch till he can't fight anymore.

Nah, inkdots is to fast and intense for the detective. Inkdots is battle hardened. Holmes takes breaks

KingD19
^Are you talking about the cage fight?? He took a break to make it look like he was tired, which made more people bet against him, which raised the amount of money he would make when he won. When he got serious, he ended the match in a couple seconds.

jinXed by JaNx
No, i'm taking about taking breaks in between his activities. When he has nothing to do he stays locked away in a room for weeks and months a time.

Inkdots stays on the streets breaking skulls and smashing through windows. It's a nightly thing for him.

Darth Martin
You guys are sleeping on Holmes. Rorschach is cooler and more iconic definitely. But, while Rorschach might be the better martial artist, Holmes is quite smarter, faster, and more tactictical minded(which speaks volumes b/c Rorschach is a genius in this dept.)

Mr. Rhythmic
Rorschach is too vicious to the point where he's reckless. Holmes wins.

dadudemon
Despite being a much bigger Watchmen fan (I'm even a fanboy)...I have to admit that Rorschach wins.

Ol' Rori is just too fast and durable. He withstood being punched or kicked like 30 feet when he fought Veidt. Vedit can punch heads through 8 inches of solid marble. no expression

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Darth Martin
You guys are sleeping on Holmes. Rorschach is cooler and more iconic definitely. But, while Rorschach might be the better martial artist, Holmes is quite smarter, faster, and more tactictical minded(which speaks volumes b/c Rorschach is a genius in this dept.)

What does any of that have to do with fighting ability, experience and condition? If this were a battle of wits then Holmes would detect all over indots but it's a battle of the fists.

Blinky
Originally posted by dadudemon
Despite being a much bigger Watchmen fan (I'm even a fanboy)...I have to admit that Rorschach wins.

Ol' Rori is just too fast and durable. He withstood being punched or kicked like 30 feet when he fought Veidt. Vedit can punch heads through 8 inches of solid marble. no expression

Good points. Unfortunately Rorschach had looney-toons like damage soak. Being kicked in the torso and flying 30 feet would leave ANY human being with countless broken ribs and ruptured organs -- Rorschach got up for more beating. Holmes can "predict" all he wants, but his punches would go little to harm Ink-face. Not only that but Ink-Face is many times faster than any of the bums Holmes has fought. Why is everybody sucking on Holmes d*ck, just coz he wasted a few nobodies?

BruceSkywalker

I like Holmes, but he won't be able to take out Roschach

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon

Ol' Rori is just too fast and durable. He withstood being punched or kicked like 30 feet when he fought Veidt. Vedit can punch heads through 8 inches of solid marble. no expression Stink Boy eats his beans cold.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
What does any of that have to do with fighting ability, experience and condition? Did you see the movie? He knows ALOT more fighting tricks, pressure points, etc. than Kovacs. He's also faster. He's so fast the movie was put in slow motion for us to visualize how he sees things in combat.

I never said either would win. I'm just stating I don't think it is a landslide like some of you.

XanatosForever
*sigh* This is why I'm against gratuitous slow motion for films. Soon enough everyone's going to have uber speed feats just because the director thought'd be cool to do a slow mo shot.

DarkNemesis
I'm going with Rorschach here. He's stronger, more vicious, and was tanking Ozymandias blows, which speaks measures regarding his durability.

Rogue Jedi
I've only seen one Holmes fighting scene on youtube, but if that was his most profound feat, he's overrated.

Robtard
Originally posted by XanatosForever
*sigh* This is why I'm against gratuitous slow motion for films. Soon enough everyone's going to have uber speed feats just because the director thought'd be cool to do a slow mo shot.

Exactly, if everything in the scene is moving at the same slow speed, it doesn't really denote any measure of super-speed on behalf of the character in question.

Take the Parker/Flash fight scene, Parker was moving considerably faster than Flash and everything else around him, this was to illustrate his POV and level of super-speed, same as Jet Li's character in The One. Holmes' scenes weren't like this.

P.S. Sighing is gay.

Dr Will Hatch
You guys are sleeping on Holmes. Rorschach is cooler and more iconic definitely.

No he most certainly is not. stick out tongue

But I agree with you that Holmes is smarter and faster.

jinXed by JaNx
When he wasn't running away like a little girl, Holmes was able to beat up a couple of dim witted henchmen.

Wow, what a feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.