Brightest Day Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
http://i.newsarama.com/images/prev-brtst-day_02.jpg

Quite excited about this, let's hear any thought about this.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Brightest-Day-Announcement-100111.html

WickedDynamite
Who turn on the lights? stick out tongue

Badabing
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Who turn on the lights? stick out tongue Batman. sneer

stick out tongue

DC did a great job with the arc so far.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Badabing
Batman. sneer

stick out tongue

DC did a great job with the arc so far. True, the main comics relating to BN arc, but some of the tie-in are out of context (no sense at all & repetitive).

Flash saves the day smile

JakeTheBank
So long as not all of the dead heroes are revived, I'll be 100% on board. I'd be let down if virtually every Black Lantern comes back to life after Blackest Night...

Badabing
Originally posted by vansonbee
True, the main comics relating to BN arc, but some of the tie-in are out of context (no sense at all & repetitive).

Flash saves the day smile I'll deal with you in the vs forum...uhuh

stick out tongueOriginally posted by JakeTheBank
So long as not all of the dead heroes are revived, I'll be 100% on board. I'd be let down if virtually every Black Lantern comes back to life after Blackest Night... I wonder how many will return. mmm

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Badabing
Batman. sneer

stick out tongue

DC did a great job with the arc so far.

Credit goes to Geoff and Ivan!

(spanks Bada) 313

Originally posted by vansonbee

Flash saves the day smile

Certainly! That is why Barry had to return to replace Wally. smile

(spanks both Bada and Pr) 313313

Bentley
The name of that arc is quite gay...

... But I guess that the ship sailed when they started to introduce an arc about the colors of the rainbow.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Bentley
The name of that arc is quite gay...

... But I guess that the ship sailed when they started to introduce an arc about the colors of the rainbow.

Exactly what I think. At least, DC didn't bring on a "Rainbow Warrior"...

http://blog.rifftrax.com/wp-content/photos/RainbowBatman1.jpg

Wait, what?

JakeTheBank
"Blackest Night" and "Brightest Day" are both lines in the GL oath, so the name makes perfect sense, IMO.

BruceSkywalker
i hope kyle rayner gets a new ongoing... maybe other green lanterns as well

Entity
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i hope kyle rayner gets a new ongoing... maybe other green lanterns as well Kyle's always been my favorite Lantern by far. He should get the new white lantern ring. Makin him classic Ion again! hehe shifty

On power rangers Tommy was my favorite and he started out the green ranger and went on to become the first ever white ranger so I'd lmao! stick out tongue

Cartesian Doubt
Is this yet ANOTHER event ?... jesus Christ !!!!

I remember when "One year Later" came out, and people were moaning about their "event -sun burns" then ?

Why does everything have to be sold as a massive event, to make it interesting ??!!! .. (Rhetorical question, please don't answer).

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Entity
Kyle's always been my favorite Lantern by far. He should get the new white lantern ring. Makin him classic Ion again! hehe shifty

On power rangers Tommy was my favorite and he started out the green ranger and went on to become the first ever white ranger so I'd lmao! stick out tongue

agree on kyle getting the new white lantern ring

-Pr-
spoilers:

http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=37261

can't f*cking wait.

-K-M-
Definetly glad he is back, and here is some information on it:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24816

comicfan11
Best news I've read in comics for the last 2 years.

Johns on Aquaman is just mindblowing.
I didn't even want to consider it a possiblity considering the cr@p DC's EIC says about Orin but now it seems it's Aquaman's time to shine.
My favorite character with the hottest writer in comics currently.
Epic.

The King is back.
All hail the King.

-Pr-
Wow. Johns? Really? If he can do for him what he did for Booster, i can't wait to see it.

Martian_mind
Why are you putting that in spoilers?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Why are you putting that in spoilers?

habit.

Scythe
Originally posted by -Pr-
spoilers:

can't f*cking wait.

Neat. Aquaman! I wonder if Batman will come back too.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Scythe
Neat. Aquaman! I wonder if Batman will come back too.

He is.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by -K-M-
He is.
I think he means in the Brightest Day arc. The answer is no. He will have his own arc dedicated to his return

WickedDynamite
spoilers:

can't f*cking wait.

**** YEAH!!!!! big grin

Philosophía
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/02/12/more-brightest-day-news-a-new-green-lantern-corps-creative-team/

Cover:
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/02/glcor-cv48.jpg

Tony Bedard the new Green Lantern Corps writer post Blackest Night ?
A Guy Gardner ongoing featuring Kilowog written by Tomasi ?

thumb up Holy shit.

Ardian Syaf, the writer who'll be working on GLC along with Bedard is probably my favorite new artist (check out Blackest Night: Batman or the Phantom Stranger tie-in to know what I'm talking about).

Galan007
^ Bedard rarely fails to impress me as a writer. His work on the "Negation" series was superb, and has also done an amazing job with REBELS (still my favorite ongoing series, by far.)

I'd actually look forward to seeing what he can do with GLC as well. thumb up thumb up

BruceSkywalker

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by comicfan11
Best news I've read in comics for the last 2 years.

Johns on Aquaman is just mindblowing.
I didn't even want to consider it a possiblity considering the cr@p DC's EIC says about Orin but now it seems it's Aquaman's time to shine.
My favorite character with the hottest writer in comics currently.
Epic.

The King is back.
All hail the King.

He wont be on for more than 3-4 issues I guarantee! I've noticed D.C. playing this card a lot recently. Put Johns on a new book, and get everyone to pick up loads of the first issues. Dump someone else on the book, and wait for it to be canceled, before u can say Adventure comics.

JakeTheBank
Guy Gardner...ongoing?

Hell-to-the-****ing-yeah. uhuh

Scythe
He is.

OH SHI-!

Originally posted by xJLxKing
I think he means in the Brightest Day arc. The answer is no. He will have his own arc dedicated to his return

I did, though I'm glad it's going to be seen in his own arc, it would've been cool to see him as a White Lantern, haha.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Guy Gardner...ongoing?

Hell-to-the-****ing-yeah. uhuh

A guy and Kyle ongoing would be a preferable option. Kind of like a Starskey and Hutch, in space.

And Ganthet is going to be a green Lantern. Interesting, I suppose he'll be Master Splinter/Gnadalf of the group. Wise and Authoritive, but willing to get his hands dirty.

kevdude
Nice to see Guy getting his own book along with Kilowog in it. Now Kyle and John can both have GLC to themselves cool

JakeTheBank
I'm hoping Brightest Day will also do something productive with the Marvel Family, myself.

-Pr-
if ganthet becomes a GL and Sayd becomes the Orange Lantern Corps Guardian, does that mean the BLC goes the way of the dodo?

willRules
I think Blackest Night will be the only time we see the BLC for the foreseeable future. I think there will be White Lanterns and this will be the same.

Omega Vision
if ganthet becomes a GL and Sayd becomes the Orange Lantern Corps Guardian, does that mean the BLC goes the way of the dodo?
I can actually see the BLC being integrated into the GLC as -for lack of a better word- Chaplains. Just as a Chaplain raises morale in an army the Blue Lanterns would provide an ambient power amp to all nearby GLs given the properties of their rings.

willRules
Originally posted by willRules
I think Blackest Night will be the only time we see the BLC for the foreseeable future. I think there will be White Lanterns and this will be the same.

To clarify, I meant BLC = Black Lanterns Corps. I think in Blackest Night we will see Black and White Lanterns which are intergral to the story, but will have finished stories by the conclusion. The remaining Corps will be in the DCU for the foreseeable future.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by willRules
To clarify, I meant BLC = Black Lanterns Corps. I think in Blackest Night we will see Black and White Lanterns which are intergral to the story, but will have finished stories by the conclusion. The remaining Corps will be in the DCU for the foreseeable future.
I'm pretty sure PR was referring to the Blues though.

willRules
Ah, in which case, my bad smile

-Pr-
Yeah, sorry. i was talking about the Blues... I'd momentarily forgotten that both Corps could be called the BLC...

Cartesian Doubt
Does anyone else thing they're going to have their work cut out making G.L. as epic and relevant again. I mean whats going to be more catastrophic than the dead rising and the War of light ?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Does anyone else thing they're going to have their work cut out making G.L. as epic and relevant again. I mean whats going to be more catastrophic than the dead rising and the War of light ?

Yeah, I'm hoping that Johns and Tomasi can keep the Corps as relevant and as important as it has been.

-Pr-
Tbh, i wouldn't be surprised if Johns left GL after all this was done away with. I know he's still scheduled to write several issues, but if he's planning to build a whole new world for Barry Allen, i can't see him still devoting as much time and effort to Green Lantern as he had before...

Cartesian Doubt
Tbh, i wouldn't be surprised if Johns left GL after all this was done away with. I know he's still scheduled to write several issues, but if he's planning to build a whole new world for Barry Allen, i can't see him still devoting as much time and effort to Green Lantern as he had before...

Plus he scheduled on every other character D.C. fancies re-vamping.

-Pr-
BOP members revealed:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/04/bd_bop_ha.jpg

Omega Vision
BOP members revealed:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/04/bd_bop_ha.jpg
This is why comics>real life. Superhero teams entirely composed of shapely, comely women...and Hawk.

JakeTheBank
Simone + Benes = Win

-K-M-
I'm interested to see the male Hawk being back, should be an interesting dynamic.

Omega Vision
I'm interested to see the male Hawk being back, should be an interesting dynamic.
Love Hexagon FTW?

Scythe
Originally posted by Omega Vision
This is why comics>real life. Superhero teams entirely composed of shapely, comely women...and Hawk.

Is that? Batwoman's batmobile? Does she even have one? I haven't kept up with Batwoman, but the red batsymbol looks like her symbol. Is she gonna be in BOP, or is it early to tell?

jrodslam
I love the idea of a Guy ongoing, however, the duo of him and Wog passed its time imo, and Guy and Kyle would be much more entertaining.

With Ganthet being a member of the GLC, is he now depowered? "Ganthet can crack the planet in half with a thought". That was stated in Rebirth i believe. What the hell does he need a ring for?

Another thing i cant wait to see is what happens with Attrocious(sp?). I had a feeling that hed join the Blue lanterns with Saint walker. They had a nice exchange back in early Backest Night. Or was that just before BN?

Galan007
Anyone have an idea how long Brightest Day is supposed to be?

I hope to God it's short. *crosses fingers*

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
Anyone have an idea how long Brightest Day is supposed to be?

I hope to God it's short. *crosses fingers*

it's not really an event, so it shouldn't be that big a deal, afaik. kind of like OYL, and such.

Galan007
thumb up

kevdude
From the back of BN 8 it'll last 3 months, so much shorter then BN.

BruceSkywalker
bought and read Brightest Night # 0.. loved it..

like the new Firestorm matrix of Raymond and Roush(please dc give them a new ongoing)

theICONiac
thumb up

Sorry to burst your bubble Galan but from Wikipedia:

Brightest Day
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Brightest Day

Variant incentive cover to Brightest Day #0.
Art by Ivan Reis.
Publisher DC Comics
Scheduled release date April 2010 - March/April 2011
Type Limited series
Scheduled run 26(Including #0) issues
Proposed creative team
Writer(s) Geoff Johns
Peter Tomasi
Brightest Day is an upcoming year-long comic book limited series scheduled to begin in April 2010. This will be following the ending of the series Blackest Night and how the aftermath of these events affect the entire "DC Universe."

Every 2 weeks for a year (26 issues total). Milking that cow for all its worth.

Since even from issue '0' that it appears to leave GL character/events on the sidelines I will not be suckered into buying everything like I was in BN.

GL (and its mythos) rocks my inner-geek. But not if it is shunted to the periphany.

theICONiac
Originally posted by theICONiac
Sorry to burst your bubble Galan but from Wikipedia:

Brightest Day
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Brightest Day

Variant incentive cover to Brightest Day #0.
Art by Ivan Reis.
Publisher DC Comics
Scheduled release date April 2010 - March/April 2011
Type Limited series
Scheduled run 26(Including #0) issues
Proposed creative team
Writer(s) Geoff Johns
Peter Tomasi
Brightest Day is an upcoming year-long comic book limited series scheduled to begin in April 2010. This will be following the ending of the series Blackest Night and how the aftermath of these events affect the entire "DC Universe."

Every 2 weeks for a year (26 issues total). Milking that cow for all its worth.

Since even from issue '0' that it appears to leave GL character/events on the sidelines I will not be suckered into buying everything like I was in BN.

GL (and its mythos) rocks my inner-geek. But not if it is shunted to the periphany.

Crap, missed the edit window.

IN before the clowns come out to correct me with 'its Periphery not Periphany!!!'

stick out tongue

-Pr-
as long as they're somewhat as decent as BD #0, then i'm more than happy with that.

Galan007
like the new Firestorm matrix of Raymond and Roush(please dc give them a new ongoing) DC will almost certainly do something to give further depth to the Ronnie/Jason dynamic - it's just too interesting of a plot twist to let fizzle out. However, tie-ins are likely the route they'll travel to do so.

...But if he does get another ongoing series out of the deal, I'll be completely shocked. Happy, but shocked.

xJLxKing
Not bad for BD.

Alpha Centauri
Goddammit, why do I have more to buy now.

I guess I'll add this to my pull list. Stupid flux of good writers everywhere, doing shit.

-AC

JakeTheBank
Does anybody else see a potential Osiris/Freddy Freeman showdown in the near future?

xJLxKing
GL 53 was pretty good. Now we know what happened with Parallax, and who the new enemy is.

Crazy move by Gat and Guy

-K-M-
Seems Green Lantern is taking the main story from Naruto...and I'm sad I know that

Spire
I don't like Geoff Johns at all... and the dialogue between obese Luthor and Larfleeze was weak.

-Pr-
Seems Green Lantern is taking the main story from Naruto...and I'm sad I know that

how so?

"Id"

-Pr-

Blanket
i don't watch Naruto, hence my question lol You should still go back to issue 53 and think of the time when Toby and/or Madara were attempting to catch the Bijuu's.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Blanket
You should still go back to issue 53 and think of the time when Toby and/or Madara were attempting to catch the Bijuu's.

I lol'd

In french, the "bijoux" is a short version of "Bijoux de famille", which, in english, is "Family's jewel".

xJLxKing
You should still go back to issue 53 and think of the time when Toby and/or Madara were attempting to catch the Bijuu's.
and you think that the guy in the cloak is trying to capture the entities?

-Pr-
From the art, i'm guessing that the big bad is of the Guardians race.

JakeTheBank
I for one am glad they're keeping the entities and the other colored corps relevant after Blackest Night. It would be a waste to just let them fade away to be used as gimmicks to sell a plot/story arc.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by xJLxKing
GL 53 was pretty good. Now we know what happened with Parallax, and who the new enemy is.

Crazy move by Gat and Guy I am not mad anymore about Blackest Night. excellent excellent excellent

-Pr-
I for one am glad they're keeping the entities and the other colored corps relevant after Blackest Night. It would be a waste to just let them fade away to be used as gimmicks to sell a plot/story arc.

me too. the more they involve the other 6 corps, the better imo.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Spire
obese Luthor That was certainly off-putting in that scene.

Strong issue, though.

kevdude
Yeah I liked it, from the cover which looked good nobody had any idea that was going to happen. cool Picked up BN Directors Cut, awesome drawings of Nekron. Batman "Streets of Gotham" was very good.

BlackZero30x
spoilers:

can't f*cking wait.
then we are in total agreement......

WhiteWitchKing

Ditto. Those storylines brought to the DC universe tons of intriguing characters for future stories.

Not really interested in Lex Luthor rehash. OMG! It's Lex Luthor. What's his next diabolico plan to defeat Superman this time.

(only good thing with the next Luthor feature would be if Larfleez flew in and whacked baldy in the head after he explains his plans to readers)

"Id"
You should still go back to issue 53 and think of the time when Toby and/or Madara were attempting to catch the Bijuu's. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar95747_28.gif

The Nuul
Wasnt a big fan of Blackest Night, way to many people. I think I will skip BD.

I do want to see AM kick ass again though.

BlackZero30x
I enjoyed the brightest day so far(#0 and the tie ins)....but I hope the build up is not going to lead to a let down.

WickedDynamite
Eat your heart out bitchez!

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8693/snapshot201005055a.jpg

mmm

BlackZero30x

mmm

sweet! that's the variant?

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
sweet! that's the variant?

Yeah, but it is ridicolus expensive! Some retailers were asking up to $50! That's sucha ((beep))!!!!!

So my Evil Twin broke his piggy bank for this one.

I got a discount so I couldnt pass on it....It's Aquaman!!!! stick out tongue

BlackZero30x
Yeah, but it is ridicolus expensive! Some retailers were asking up to $50! That's sucha ((beep))!!!!!

So my Evil Twin broke his piggy bank for this one.

I got a discount so I couldnt pass on it....It's Aquaman!!!! stick out tongue

wow's....and yea man i don't blame ya at all...aquaman's pretty sweet! I love that cover!

WickedDynamite
I'm loving it! Arthur and Mera just friggin PWN3d in this issue! MM showing his might was pretty good and I'm glad everyone gets the spotlight in this issue. But man, oh man!....

Black Manta is just one sick SOB!

I want more.

Omega Vision

mmm
Reminds me of the Derek Zoolander look.

JakeTheBank
Brightest Day has yet to feed my Shazam fix...

mmm

I'll be patient. For now.

BruceSkywalker
st issue rocked.. can't wait for number 2

Galan007
Not bad. There's a few questions I have that have forced me to retain interest in this event until they're answered...

-I'm curious why the newly resurrected characters still possess some of the powers they did as black lanterns?

-I'm curious to see why Jason/Ronnie can't split up?

-And I am wondering what role Deadman will play in this whole thing? Perhaps he's the 'King Arthur' Sinestro and Hal were speechifying about?

WickedDynamite
Brightest Day related:

Titans was really good.

My only critique:

F CK YOU DC!!!!! KILLING RYAN CHOI AND YET YOU STILL KEEP DAMIAN WAYNE AROUND?? A BIG FFFFF UUUUUUU!!!!! Killing a well liked character such as Ryan was but you still wont pull the trigger on Damian Wayne???? FFFFFF UUUUUUU!!!!!

Idiots absolute idiots.

Justice League Generation Lost.....Friggin kick ass! Maxwell Lord is a friggin GENIUS!!! It proves you don't have to kill a character...just make him erase from everyone's mind

Kudos for writing Maxwell Lord so damn good!

Birds of Prey....good launch...awesome art....but Zinda needs to get rid of those pants.

Looking forward to next week....don't stop Geoff...we want more. mmm

-K-M-
I'm glad Aquaman is going to be treated well, also yeah didn't expect that death in Titans.

BlackZero30x
just read issue 2....and the end was kinda like WTF *jaw droped* then i asked WTF again wondering why...just why....

that was my complete reaction

JakeTheBank
http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?cm=15146

cool 'bout time he shows back up again.

Spire
I'm liking Brightest Day. More so than Blackest Night.

Martian_mind
Well everyone, prepare yourself for the coming of Blaqulad

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/meet-the-new-aqualad-100611.html

Warlord
http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?cm=15146

cool 'bout time he shows back up again.

badass moments are upon us... big grin

WickedDynamite
Fourth issue....and I still love Mera.

Prof. Wagstaff
Originally posted by The Nuul
Wasnt a big fan of Blackest Night, way to many people. I think I will skip BD.

I do want to see AM kick ass again though.

Not surprised.

Anyway, I'm interested in the direction they'll take Deadman. And if anyone's been reading Lost Generation, and the main Brightest Day book, I'm interested in what direction Johns will take the whole "we're alive, but we can only use our powers like we did as black lanterns". It's a good book. Everything feels slowed down, and I like it after the craziness of the colors war and Blackest Night.

-Pr-
Any ideas on what this means:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/07/bd_poster.jpg

Digi

It means Didio gets to laugh at us from his smoking chair while we posit theories on the internet.

Seems Anti-Monitor is coming back though.

Also, I LOVE the new JSA Brightest Day spin-off revolving around Alan Scott currently. I guess it's literally the Starheart doing the feats, so I'm not interested from a fanboy perspective. Just seems like an interesting story idea.

Omega Vision

Haven't we have enough of this "darkest secret!!!" crap yet?

BlackZero30x
#7 was pretty great! and i believe it makes perfect since why everyone's powers are so fuged up now!

-Pr-
Possible spoilers...

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/08/w_lntrn_var_w_logos.jpg

are we really supposed to believe that the orange entity was the being that tempted adam and eve?

also, why does it look like nekron gave birth to life? or do they just mean "from nothingness came life"?

also, Jade...

willRules
You're right. Armies of rainbow coloured space cops who harness seven colours, each representing seven aspects of the emotional spectrum, who fly around punching each other with gigantic green tennis rackets or puking red energy is far more plausible than the Devil being associated with greed or selfishness. stick out tongue

EDIT: In that image, it looks like the hand of creation is actually the five penises of Nekron........bet his underwear fits him like a glove.

-Pr-
Anyone still reading this? It's one of only a dozen or so comics on my pull list every month, and I have to say I've been pretty happy with Aquaman's portrayal (the main reason i get the book) thus far.

I just wish they didn't have him skip an issue every so often.

BlackZero30x
Anyone still reading this? It's one of only a dozen or so comics on my pull list every month, and I have to say I've been pretty happy with Aquaman's portrayal (the main reason i get the book) thus far.

I just wish they didn't have him skip an issue every so often.
im still reading this and i think it's going good but im not overly impressed....but yea im enjoying there portrayal of aquaman myself!

-Pr-
If what happened to Aquaman in the latest issue isn't set right in some way, Ima give up on this book altogether.

Johns is beginning to make me think he's gonna pull a Bendis with the way things are going.

Philosophía
I know, right?

Black Manta should cut the other one aswell, for the sake of symmetry.

BruceSkywalker

-Pr-
It happened again?? I haven't read the issue yet, but was Firestorm in it or anything good concerning boston brand?

boston was barely in it. firestorm wasnt shown bar one panel.

and yes. just a different hand this time.

Prep-Man
This has been ok. Not great, but not horrible either. I'm really enjoying the Boston Brand story among Firestorm's as well. I'd give it a B- for now.

BruceSkywalker
boston was barely in it. firestorm wasnt shown bar one panel.

and yes. just a different hand this time.

Thanks Pr., I will read the issue shortly

-K-M-
he sure did easily cut Aquaman's hand off...yesh!

Galan007
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I'd give it a B- for now. You're a very generous person.

-Pr-
he sure did easily cut Aquaman's hand off...yesh!

yeah. so much for decent durability.

kevdude
This has been ok. Not great, but not horrible either. I'm really enjoying the Boston Brand story among Firestorm's as well. I'd give it a B- for now.

Yeah its been alright, with them and the Hawks.

-K-M-
Aquaman sure is one tough SOB...but really? That better not be the end (kind of doubt it)

Prep-Man
Bump for Galan. I keep hearing rumors that DC will be reintroducing Swamp Thing after Brightest Day and he will be warning the heroes of Earth's new Guardian. (Who I think will be a new character.)

Galan007
So yeah, he is coming back... Though as of now, I'm less than enthused. It seems like DC is bringing back these characters solely because they can make a quick buck off of them -- not because the staff who is writing said character has a genuine interest in them.

Prep-Man
Doesn't look like ST will be back for a while. From what the interviews have said at the recent con.

On the other hand, I think Don Hall will be the protector of the earth.

Prep-Man
Well, it's been revealed who the earth's protector is. Kinda cool, IMO.

BruceSkywalker
Well, it's been revealed who the earth's protector is. Kinda cool, IMO.

can u pm me the news smile

kevdude
Yeah I saw it, gonna be pretty interesting!

Galan007
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8636/brightestday23int.th.jpg

Like I said... Less than enthused. glare

Blight
I dunno, I rather have enjoyed it so far.

BlackZero30x
i really enjoyed this but i feel its been drug out for to long

Badabing
Did anyone read the latest issue and see who's back?

Galan007
^ Check out my last post in this thread. stick out tongue

While I am glad to see him return, I just hope he doesn't get 'Geoffed'. ermm

kevdude
Brightest Day is coming together which is good. Enjoyed the issue, and I'm glad he's back. smile

JakeTheBank
^ Check out my last post in this thread. stick out tongue

While I am glad to see him return, I just hope he doesn't get 'Geoffed'. ermm

Lol, brace yourself, Galan.

Brace yourself. sneer

Galan007
^ lol. Tbh I'm expecting a lot of fail to come of this... So I won't be overly disappointed when/if the 'Geoffing' happens. thumb up

-K-M-
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1302089301.jpg

Source:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31727

I hope Captain Boomrang beats him HARD...like so HARD...like Swamp Thing won't know what hit him and what hit him was....a boomerang

Galan007
Thankfully that was a hostless version of ST. So now that Alec Holland has been resurrected as the savior of earth, and and taken the reigns of Swamp Thing once again, I'm -hoping- we won't see any more stupidity like that.

...But hope in one hand and shit in the other. Which one fills up faster? ermm

AlmightyKfish
Thankfully that was a hostless version of ST. So now that Alec Holland has been resurrected as the savior of earth, and and taken the reigns of Swamp Thing once again, I'm -hoping- we won't see any more stupidity like that.

...But hope in one hand and shit in the other. Which one fills up faster? ermm

I'm totally expecting a horrible Krona style retcon about the elementals and such (or maybe just ignoring what The Word did to the Parliament of Trees.)

I guess this kind of integrating the Vertigoverse and DC verse could work, but I'd rather they left it at a few well written cameos (ie, Death in Action, which was really well done imo) rather than bringing Swamp Thing into the main DCU as an ongoing and such. Mainly because the four main titles that contributed to the Vertigoverse were often really well done (Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Sandman and Lucifer, still is in the case of Hellblazer) and I'd rather not have stuff mixed up wins Geoff style retcons and such. Even though it'll probably happen.

Galan007
Couldn't agree more.

Prep-Man
Looks like ST will be for a while.

AlmightyKfish
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32062

Didio talking about how the Vertigo/DCU combination is going to work- Not being particularly helpful when talking about history, considering he says it'll be the same up untilthe DC/Vertigo split- something that happened midway through storylines and such...

Although this would mean ST and Constantine are quite different characters to their Vertigo selves, as much of the development has come from stuff in their history (specifically Constantine, less crippling guilt over 9/10 of his friends ever being killed in some way I'd guess)

But basically, it seems to me even though ST/Constantine are back in DCU, Vertigoverse/DCverse can still be considered different universes? Just with a similar history up until the split, wherein the Vertigoverse all the stuff from Hellblazer and Swamp Thing (+ Sandman and Lucifer) happened but in the DCU it didn't?

Galan007
Swamp Thing and Constantine return in the same issue. Heh.

Anyway, I was actually pretty happy with ST's portrayal... Just like the old days.

AlmightyKfish
I haven't got hold of the issue yet, but I'm interested to see how John is portrayed in the main universe...

Galan007
^ He was only in the final 2 pages of the issue.

AlmightyKfish
^ He was only in the final 2 pages of the issue.

Oh fair enough then

From the way Didio was talking about him I imagine he'll be involved in whatever Swamp Thing project spins out of this.

kevdude
Yea they treated ST fairly well, which was nice. Anyone else not be able to get Action Comic's 900?? That sold out as well as Green Arrow #11 and Green Lantern : Emerald Warriors #9, and I got there 30 minutes after they opened... Oh well Ebay here I come!! happy

Galan007
Milestone issues tend to do quite well in the sales department, so I'm not overly surprised about AC selling out... But Emerald Warriors AND Green Arrow!? That IS surprising.

kevdude
Took a chance with AC 900, but I never thought to ask them to save me GL EW and Green Arrow because they always have some left over, even if its just a few. Going to be pretty interesting what the monthly rankings will be for April.

Prep-Man
Wow, that was great! ST kicked ASS!

Prep-Man
Looks like Vankin will be writing the John Constantine stuff. This sounds awesome, because we know he'll do him justice...

John manipulating Bats is going to be gold.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32059

-Pr-
Milestone issues tend to do quite well in the sales department, so I'm not overly surprised about AC selling out... But Emerald Warriors AND Green Arrow!? That IS surprising.

Green Arrow's an awesome book imo.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>