Trying to learn Spanish

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WhiskeyGirl
So in high school instead of doing the intelligent thing and taking Spanish, I took french....so know, at 21, I have found that Spanish is becoming more and more of a necessary language to know.

Therefore, I need to learn it. Problem is I don't have 5 grand to fork over for three months of tutoring. So I was wondering if any of you knew of a cheaper way to learn Spanish.

Thanks! I mean Gracias! happy

steverules_2
Buy a Spanish dictionary

/thread

That ACDC Chick
i remember always winning the "which is better French or Spanish?" argument by saying, "At least you can use Spanish in real life"

Selphie
Maybe ask your friends around and see if they have any hispanic relatives that can teach you maybe, or know someone who could teach you for little to no money

Selphie
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i remember always winning the "which is better French or Spanish?" argument by saying, "At least you can use Spanish in real life"

I totally understand this, but it also depends on where you live. I live in Vermont, 15 miles away from French Canada, so EVERYONE speaks french, and no one speaks spanish. But if you live in the midwest or the west, spanish is definitely the way to go.

WhiskeyGirl
Originally posted by Selphie
I totally understand this, but it also depends on where you live. I live in Vermont, 15 miles away from French Canada, so EVERYONE speaks french, and no one speaks spanish. But if you live in the midwest or the west, spanish is definitely the way to go.

Yeah I live in California.

I've been asking around, but not to many people are willing to help out. Go figure.

Steve- One problem with that. I don't know how to pronounce the phrases. Therefore a dictionary wouldn't help too much. roll eyes (sarcastic)

mikeydude
Talk to scythe. He can teach spanish to a mute!

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by WhiskeyGirl

I've been asking around, but not to many people are willing to help out. Go figure.

Steve- One problem with that. I don't know how to pronounce the phrases. Therefore a dictionary wouldn't help too much. roll eyes (sarcastic)
the js sound like hs as do the gs
there's l then ll and n n with squiggly over top
thats all i really remember as far as pronunciation

steverules_2
Aren't mutes people who don't speak? Why would a mute need spanish...or were you making a really bad joke

mikeydude
Originally posted by steverules_2
Aren't mutes people who don't speak? Why would a mute need spanish...or were you making a really bad joke
Its a combination. But really scythe is your way to go with spanish speaking ordeals.

steverules_2

...well...its still better than people who won't help wink Aren't there any tapes that you could buy or something?

WickedDynamite
Usted puede hablar Espanol muy facil se dedica a ver telenovelas in canneles en Espanol. El dialoguo es muy simple.

Watche mucho telemundo y univisione.

WhiskeyGirl
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Usted puede hablar Espanol muy facil se dedica a ver telenovelas in canneles en Espanol. El dialoguo es muy simple.

Watche mucho telemundo y univisione.

ummmm....watch spanish TV? confused

WickedDynamite
Mostly espanol soap operas...you learn fast.

you get thorns
I know a guy that bought a dictionary and started dating a gal that doesn't speak English. It worked for him.

Gooogle Bot
Rosetta stone

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Selphie
Maybe ask your friends around and see if they have any hispanic relatives that can teach you maybe, or know someone who could teach you for little to no money Mhm, this is how I learned.

WhiskeyGirl

Rogue Jedi
Not at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

WhiskeyGirl

Rogue Jedi
I think you said french is easier?

WhiskeyGirl
Si

GCG
At least you said spanish. Bush would have said mexican.

mikeydude
hysterical

WhiskeyGirl
Originally posted by GCG
At least you said spanish. Bush would have said mexican.

Hey! Don't hate!

I love me some Bush droolio

Impediment
Hang around a Mexican. You'll learn Spanish fast. I should know. I ride with a Mexican guy in my beer truck every day and he has taught me a LOT of Spanish in over 6 months of continuous non-stop Spanish conversations.

Rogue Jedi
Se habla enchiladas.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Se habla enchiladas.

crylaugh

So...like...after 9 weeks in my highschool Spanish class, one day, we were assigned to write a story in Spanish without our books. It had to be at least a paragraph. I picked up on Spanish really fast...so it was fun...so I decided to have fun.

One of the sentences had the exact phrase in it:

"Hago caca en me pantalones."

I was what...14? I lol'd so hard at my "cleverness".

Rogue Jedi
El carne is viejo.

WhiskeyGirl
the meat is old?

Rogue Jedi
the meat is old? I had bad soup today.

WhiskeyGirl
ew...sorry

Rogue Jedi
The soup was malo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.