Master Chief vs OOT Volvagia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spartan117ftw
Master Chief faces Volvagia from Ocarina of Time at the same place Volvagia fought Link. Chief will only get a gravity hammer and 2 plasma grenades.

Who takes it?

Sin_Volvagia
Master Chief

Cyner
I vote on Chief, Volvagia has no feats.

ScreamPaste
He swims around in lava, that's a feat. Collapses the ceiling, that too is a feat. He's also stated in canon to be able to lay waste to Hyrule, which atleast implies he's powerful.

My money is actually on the dragon. MC's shield can be shut off by forces in the low KJ range, and Volvagia can do that. Conversely those two plasma grenades won't help much against something as heat resistant as Volvagia. If Volvagia stays airborne, Chief in this case has no way to fight him at all, where as Link had his bow.

Volvagia kites and drops rocks for the win.

LLLLLink
Flying > unequipped Master Chief

Spartan117ftw
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
He swims around in lava, that's a feat. Collapses the ceiling, that too is a feat. He's also stated in canon to be able to lay waste to Hyrule, which atleast implies he's powerful.

My money is actually on the dragon. MC's shield can be shut off by forces in the low KJ range, and Volvagia can do that. Conversely those two plasma grenades won't help much against something as heat resistant as Volvagia. If Volvagia stays airborne, Chief in this case has no way to fight him at all, where as Link had his bow.

Volvagia kites and drops rocks for the win.

Low KJ range? Remember he fell 2km, created a crater on the ground, and his armor didn't even have a single scratch or dent. Sure, it was terminal velocity, but still, his armor is pretty durable against some falling rocks.

ScreamPaste
It locked his suit, which is a loss here.

Spartan117ftw
Doesn't mean his armor will be damaged by a bunch of falling rocks. A falling rock from the ceiling will most likely break into pieces if it hits Chief.

As for flying, he doesn't stay ariborne forever. That's why I equipped Chief with a grav hammer.

ScreamPaste
What's to stop him from flying around and dropping rocks on Chief, then throwing him into the lava once his suit is locked?

Wei Phoenix
What's to stop him from flying around and dropping rocks on Chief, then throwing him into the lava once his suit is locked?

What's stopping a bullet timer from dodging said rocks unless these rocks move faster than bullets I don't recall the dragon fighting that way, it's not smart enough to use tactics like you state, it's possible to do that but it's not in character for the dragon to fight smart and just stay in the air. Also Link doesn't have Chief's ability to jump high so that's why he had a bow, Chief could just jump and slap him with a hammer.

ScreamPaste
He'd just be stalling, and the dragon did infact drop rocks on you while it flew around.

What makes you think Volvagia is dumb, and if he /did/ do it in the game, he /is/ smart enough to use the tactic. erm

Link had a bow because he always gets a bow, and usually magic arrows to go with. erm

Flight > Jump

Wei Phoenix
He'd just be stalling, and the dragon did infact drop rocks on you while it flew around.

What makes you think Volvagia is dumb, and if he /did/ do it in the game, he /is/ smart enough to use the tactic. erm

Link had a bow because he always gets a bow, and usually magic arrows to go with. erm

Flight > Jump

Yeah it did in the game but he's not stalling as he can keep dodging, he's not going to get tired anytime soon.

I didn't say he was dumb, just didn't show the tact or mettle to just stay in the air and not get near him.

You miss the point, what I'm saying is that if Link could jump as high as Chief then he could just jump up and cut him in half with the Master Sword.

He has limited flight, it's not like he can fly anywhere given the battlefield. Once again how do these rocks hit a bullet timer?

ScreamPaste
Volume and quantity.

Also, gameplay mechanic there. It'd be hard to design a proper dungeon if they let Link jump all over the place.

How's chief going to hit Volvagia whiel he's flying? He can jump, but how high? And Volvagia's not just gonna let chief smack him even if he can jump high enough.

This match is basicly:

Volvagia has offensive and defensive options, Chief has no offensive options.

Spartan117ftw
Volume and quantity.

Also, gameplay mechanic there. It'd be hard to design a proper dungeon if they let Link jump all over the place.

How's chief going to hit Volvagia whiel he's flying? He can jump, but how high? And Volvagia's not just gonna let chief smack him even if he can jump high enough.

This match is basicly:

Volvagia has offensive and defensive options, Chief has no offensive options.

He can jump up to 10 meters in the air, and he can also smack volvagia while airborne.

ScreamPaste
K, so he can jump 30 feet. Volvagia can fly up 40.

Wut nao?

BloodRain
He uses his two grenades in a fail-attempt.

Orrr throws the hammer big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.